Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-12-19, 11:47 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Lakota East-Moeller Preview

Regional basketball preview: Breaking down Lakota East-Moeller II

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...pxmlQ85nIBdyI/
Old 03-12-19, 04:24 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
MIGHTY MOE too strong for the rest in D-1...BAM!
Old 03-12-19, 04:31 PM
All American

Lakota East Johnston

A time to step up: Lakota East's Johnston finds motivation in a fallen teammate

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...XZ3285QYAH0oJ/
Old 03-12-19, 06:25 PM
Varsity

GPinLV is on a distinguished road
I can't wrap my head around the Moeller-Winton Woods score. How does a DI team score just 15 points in a district championship game??? Were the Warriors stalling? Arctic-ice cold? Surely Moeller's defense can't be *that* stifling...
Old 03-12-19, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPinLV View Post
I can't wrap my head around the Moeller-Winton Woods score. How does a DI team score just 15 points in a district championship game??? Were the Warriors stalling? Arctic-ice cold? Surely Moeller's defense can't be *that* stifling...
As everyone has been saying, this region is really down, this year.
Old 03-13-19, 05:28 AM
Varsity

Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
12 seed

I agree, 15 is really low. But Winton Woods was a 12 seed, which usually wouldn't be around this late except everybody was staying away from Moeller.
Old 03-13-19, 06:55 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPinLV View Post
I was at the game and the crazy thing is that Winton Woods was actually winning 5-3 to start the game, and Moeller went on a 54-10 run from that point on to end the game. Neither team was stalling, but there was a running clock for pretty much the entire 2nd half. The game in general finished in right at, or a little under an hour.
Old 03-13-19, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I was at the game and the crazy thing is that Winton Woods was actually winning 5-3 to start the game, and Moeller went on a 54-10 run from that point on to end the game. Neither team was stalling, but there was a running clock for pretty much the entire 2nd half. The game in general finished in right at, or a little under an hour.
I dont think Ive been to a game with a running clock in basketball before. What are the rules?
Old 03-13-19, 08:23 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I dont think Ive been to a game with a running clock in basketball before. What are the rules?
A lead of 35 in the 2nd half initiates the running clock that only stops for timeouts or official stoppages. Goes back to normal if the lead gets under 30. It's only for playoff games.

It mainly came from the way over the top girls scores, but it works for the very lopsided boys early round games as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-19, 09:26 AM
All Region

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
A lead of 35 in the 2nd half initiates the running clock that only stops for timeouts or official stoppages. Goes back to normal if the lead gets under 30. It's only for playoff games.

It mainly came from the way over the top girls scores, but it works for the very lopsided boys early round games as well.

Each time someone got fouled and would go to shoot foul shots, almost an entire minute would come off the clock. The game actually ended with a Winton Woods player getting fouled with about 10 seconds on the clock. By the time they went to shoot the shots, the clock had expired and they just ended the game.
Old 03-13-19, 09:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Each time someone got fouled and would go to shoot foul shots, almost an entire minute would come off the clock. The game actually ended with a Winton Woods player getting fouled with about 10 seconds on the clock. By the time they went to shoot the shots, the clock had expired and they just ended the game.
Guess you shouldn't get blown out by 35+

Old 03-13-19, 11:03 AM
Junior Varsity

22222 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods = Colerain
Old 03-13-19, 06:13 PM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Moe up 33-27 with 4:42 left--East hanging tough!
Old 03-13-19, 06:22 PM
All World

4th Quarter 3:06; Moeller 38, east 31
Old 03-13-19, 06:32 PM
All World

54.7 seconds left - Moeller 45, Lakota East 33.
Old 03-13-19, 06:38 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
54.7 seconds left - Moeller 45, Lakota East 33.
Ran out of gas?

Old 03-13-19, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Ran out of gas?

Turnovers and fouls.

They shot 29% from the field. They (except Bash) were demoralized by the middle of the 2nd qtr. They came alive in the second half.
Old 03-13-19, 08:13 PM
Varsity

GTerry
Just moved back to the area in January, first game I went to was East Moe tonight. Props to both teams, Moe, undefeated, quite an accomplishment.
East wins the GMC, excellent. But those are the best 2 squads in Cincinnati division 1? What happened to hoops around here?
The area is down as some have said on here.
Best of luck to Moe. Bring it home!
Old 03-13-19, 08:21 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTerry View Post
But those are the best 2 squads in Cincinnati division 1? What happened to hoops around here?
The area is down as some have said on here.
Yep, been on a downward trend for about 2 to 3 years now. This is the worst of the years.

Old 03-13-19, 08:23 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ran out of gas?

Passing around for almost 4 minutes will do that...

Yes- they went hard on a full court press and it was actually working then started fouling, it was odd. Favorite moment of the game was after East played stall ball for almost 4 minutes, Duece blew past everyone in 4 seconds for a layup.
Old 03-13-19, 09:25 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the ELKS will have an opportunity to avenge their last loss, 18 games back when playing Moeller. Both teams have matured since the January 5th contest. Hope it's a closer game this time around.
Old 03-13-19, 10:02 PM
All District

mike45069 is on a distinguished road
Will the Centerville point guard be allowed to play? That dark haired ref made the worst call I've ever seen calling the 2nd technical on him. And 2 calls almost as bad fouling out Springfields 2 superstars. Wow did that official steal the show, and possibly handed Moeller a regional on a platter if #0 can't play Saturday, not sure?
Old 03-13-19, 10:10 PM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
People get spoiled by scoring. Moe and East played one hell of a fundamentally sound game loaded with very good defense. Neither team could find much open space the whole night and Moe did not handle the full court press very well in the second half. The ball hamdlers for Moe stood around too much allowing themselves to get trapped. I like scoring too but I thought this was a fun game to watch because of the fundamentally sound defense by both teams.
Old 03-13-19, 10:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
People get spoiled by scoring. Moe and East played one hell of a fundamentally sound game loaded with very good defense. Neither team could find much open space the whole night and Moe did not handle the full court press very well in the second half. The ball hamdlers for Moe stood around too much allowing themselves to get trapped. I like scoring too but I thought this was a fun game to watch because of the fundamentally sound defense by both teams.
Kudos to Adkins for changing it up on Moeller. I don't think I've seen them press all season. Gotta do whatever you can when you know you're outmanned.

Old 03-13-19, 10:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike45069 View Post
Will the Centerville point guard be allowed to play? That dark haired ref made the worst call I've ever seen calling the 2nd technical on him. And 2 calls almost as bad fouling out Springfields 2 superstars. Wow did that official steal the show, and possibly handed Moeller a regional on a platter if #0 can't play Saturday, not sure?
Not sure I agree with you. If you had been watching that player specifically leading up to that, that kid was pushing the line of getting a tech most of the 4th quarter. I'm pretty sure that was the last straw at that point.

I'm still going with my prediction from a couple of week ago and saying Moeller beats Centerville by 15+, that's with their guard or not.

Old 03-13-19, 10:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not sure I agree with you. If you had been watching that player specifically leading up to that, that kid was pushing the line of getting a tech most of the 4th quarter. I'm pretty sure that was the last straw at that point.

I'm still going with my prediction from a couple of week ago and saying Moeller beats Centerville by 15+, that's with their guard or not.

I left early, how did Marchal happen upon 2 technicals?
Old 03-13-19, 11:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
I left early, how did Marchal happen upon 2 technicals?
In his defense I think he was just being emotional and trying to get his teammates on that same level. Problem is he couldn't control that emotion. Multiple times he was caught being "extra" after whistles. Grabbing balls from opposing players after fouls, a little extra shove here, a stepover there. He was being warned by the refs multiple times, along with a couple of the Springfield guys as well. But the common denominator in each little scuffle was the same Centerville player and he finally got called for it. The 2nd tech was more of the same "extra", snatching the ball from a Springfield player after a foul and the kid flopped. Ref sees at least part of it and it's the SAME common denominator so he hit him with his 2nd. Mind you after the first tech he really didn't change how he was acting much, so he set himself up for failure.

On another note, it looked like the Centerville bench was close to getting a technical near the end as well for not sitting.

Old 03-13-19, 11:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
In his defense I think he was just being emotional and trying to get his teammates on that same level. Problem is he couldn't control that emotion. Multiple times he was caught being "extra" after whistles. Grabbing balls from opposing players after fouls, a little extra shove here, a stepover there. He was being warned by the refs multiple times, along with a couple of the Springfield guys as well. But the common denominator in each little scuffle was the same Centerville player and he finally got called for it. The 2nd tech was more of the same "extra", snatching the ball from a Springfield player after a foul and the kid flopped. Ref sees at least part of it and it's the SAME common denominator so he hit him with his 2nd. Mind you after the first tech he really didn't change how he was acting much, so he set himself up for failure.

On another note, it looked like the Centerville bench was close to getting a technical near the end as well for not sitting.

Thanks. It will be a shame if he has to sit, but as has been discussed Moe is the very heavy favorite.
Old 03-14-19, 03:56 AM
All American

Moeller-Lakota East

Lakota East's 'special season' comes to an end in regional

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...N3nZPFssS4WeJ/
Old 03-14-19, 06:40 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

What's worse is his dad is a varsity official. Completely a hyprocrite, I have seen two basketball games this year where his dad is yelling at the kids during the game, and complaining about calls during his son's basketball games.