Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 01-13-19, 05:33 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,171
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
The Vikes have a couple great home games coming up at the Viking Village. On Friday 1/18 we have Gilmour (Frosh 4:30pm, JV 6pm, and Varsity 7:30pm) and on Monday 1/21(MLK Day) with St Ignatius (JV 5:30pm, Varsity 7:00pm). We should have nice crowds and competitive games.


Itís good to have Iggy back on the schedule this season. Looking forward to Monday nights game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-13-19, 06:05 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 341
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
You know what, me and my people have been blamed for things for far too long. Iím being blamed for hijacking the thread when I did not bring up the patch sewn on jerseys...someone else did. I have no problem with the frugality of the approach, however.

I do have a job as part time owner of some small apartment complexes off of Cedar Rd. Iím not unemployed or some stay at home trophy husband that is on social media all day.

My people have been threatened for far too long. I was sitting near the Benedictine bench and heard the chatter in the game so forgive me for bringing up sportsmanship when a few days ago Bball was on here talking sportsmanship and I make a post in viable contrast to his statement. I think the kids that were ejected were the first ejections at VASJ since Coach Babe was ejected watching a 9th grade game. Thatís impressive.

And Mug, Iíve never threatened anyone in my life with the exception of a charred bagel order. My people are pacifists. We are shrewd and in control. We enjoy winning as evidence of our 10-0 start under Coach Mason. We just donít like being lied to and made to look foolish.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-13-19, 06:32 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 840
James x2 is on a distinguished road
All this turmoil makes me hungry

I could go for a toasted salt bagel with cream cheese and locks. Hail Red & Blue
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-13-19, 07:48 PM
vikings4life vikings4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-14
Posts: 160
vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
You know what, me and my people have been blamed for things for far too long. Iím being blamed for hijacking the thread when I did not bring up the patch sewn on jerseys...someone else did. I have no problem with the frugality of the approach, however.

I do have a job as part time owner of some small apartment complexes off of Cedar Rd. Iím not unemployed or some stay at home trophy husband that is on social media all day.

My people have been threatened for far too long. I was sitting near the Benedictine bench and heard the chatter in the game so forgive me for bringing up sportsmanship when a few days ago Bball was on here talking sportsmanship and I make a post in viable contrast to his statement. I think the kids that were ejected were the first ejections at VASJ since Coach Babe was ejected watching a 9th grade game. Thatís impressive.

And Mug, Iíve never threatened anyone in my life with the exception of a charred bagel order. My people are pacifists. We are shrewd and in control. We enjoy winning as evidence of our 10-0 start under Coach Mason. We just donít like being lied to and made to look foolish.
You cannot be a man. I think that you are about to burst into tears.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-13-19, 07:57 PM
111411's Avatar
111411 111411 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-01-05
Location: Grandpaville
Posts: 18,404
111411 is on a distinguished road
Basketball..................... Let's stick to basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-13-19, 08:23 PM
vikings4life vikings4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-14
Posts: 160
vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
Basketball..................... Let's stick to basketball.
You are a leader. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-13-19, 09:22 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing we should be talking about on this thread is the awesome start to the season the Vikings have had. They have two loses - one in state to one of the best teams in Ohio and another to a powerhouse team from another state. This team has come together and beat some of the best teams NE Ohio has to offer. The coach bashing has gotten old. IF You are a Viking fan and truly support them then you should support the current staff. The game Friday was magical. When two good teams meet up in Viking Village and the place is full - there is no atmosphere better. Right now basketball is the only sport that everybody comes out to support. The program is tradition rich and a huge positive marketing tool - even if the administration does not believe it. I support the current coach because the 2014 team was the beginning of the schools rebirth and the program has done so much not only for the school - but for the kids who have played in it. My feeling is that if the program was allowed to regress - the school would follow suit. A solid winning program brought the alumni and money back to the school and a losing program would keep them away.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-13-19, 10:41 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 216
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
"I was within earshot of some of the trash talk last night and it all basically stemmed from the Bene players mocking the “new” VASJ jerseys."
"I was sitting near the Benedictine bench and heard the chatter in the game."
Brushwannabe1986,
I was also sitting behind the Benedictine bench, as my wife and I always due for away games, and while there was trash talking on both sides, VASJ new uniforms, were never mentioned. I also asked my son (#25 for Benedictine) and he also confirmed that the uniforms were never mentioned. So you are a LIAR. I don't know what hole in the earth you crawled out of, but I think you need to return there. If you are lucky, you might see a state championship banner hung from the rafters of your school. Until then feel free to stop by either VASJ or Benedictine and admire all of ours.
Go crawl back into your hole,
Dan Kilbane
AKA
Bengals Wrestling
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-13-19, 11:31 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 858
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
"I was within earshot of some of the trash talk last night and it all basically stemmed from the Bene players mocking the “new” VASJ jerseys."
"I was sitting near the Benedictine bench and heard the chatter in the game."
Brushwannabe1986,
I was also sitting behind the Benedictine bench, as my wife and I always due for away games, and while there was trash talking on both sides, VASJ new uniforms, were never mentioned. I also asked my son (#25 for Benedictine) and he also confirmed that the uniforms were never mentioned. So you are a LIAR. I don't know what hole in the earth you crawled out of, but I think you need to return there. If you are lucky, you might see a state championship banner hung from the rafters of your school. Until then feel free to stop by either VASJ or Benedictine and admire all of ours.
Go crawl back into your hole,
Dan Kilbane
AKA
Bengals Wrestling
Thank you Bengal, you're a stand up guy. Arc is a liar and fraud, a former friend of our coach who has nothing better to do than try and undermine his ex friend and school. You're son is the Anderson Varajao/Delladova of the Bengals, a guy that you would love to have on your team but "hate" on the other side. Good luck to him and your team the rest of the way, except of course the next time we play each other . All the best.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-14-19, 03:22 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
"I was within earshot of some of the trash talk last night and it all basically stemmed from the Bene players mocking the ďnewĒ VASJ jerseys."
"I was sitting near the Benedictine bench and heard the chatter in the game."
Brushwannabe1986,
I was also sitting behind the Benedictine bench, as my wife and I always due for away games, and while there was trash talking on both sides, VASJ new uniforms, were never mentioned. I also asked my son (#25 for Benedictine) and he also confirmed that the uniforms were never mentioned. So you are a LIAR. I don't know what hole in the earth you crawled out of, but I think you need to return there. If you are lucky, you might see a state championship banner hung from the rafters of your school. Until then feel free to stop by either VASJ or Benedictine and admire all of ours.
Go crawl back into your hole,
Dan Kilbane
AKA
Bengals Wrestling

Shocking Arc caught in another lie - I'm stunned. The biggest take away I got from Friday was two teams competing at the highest level not wanting to give an inch to each other. The hard play, emotion, chippyness and even the scuffle did not come from dirty play but rather two elite programs leaving it all on the floor for their school, themselves and their teammates. Maybe others saw something else - but that is what I saw. I agree with Mug - 25 is a player you dislike, unless he is wearing your uniform. VASJ has had several of those players over the years and has one or two of them this season.

Thank You Bengals Wrestling for being a stand up guy and exposing Arc as the fraud us VASJ fans all know he his. I wish your son and his team the best of luck the rest of the season - except for the games against the Red and Blue.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-14-19, 09:50 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 341
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Oy vey, did you guys wake up to a hair in your cream cheese and lox today or what?

BengalsWrestling, Are you telling me you sat down with your son and had a conversation about the content of trash talking going on during a high school basketball game? I was in earshot of the game and those patches were a focal point. Were you the guy yelling, "Those patches remind me of my old Osh Kosh jeans my mom used to make me wear!!!"

Mug and Bball, there really is nothing worse than being caught in a lie....I agree. The question is always how do you respond when you are caught in a lie? Do you admit it and move forward or do you place the blame elsewhere or perhaps try disparage someone else's reputation and livelihood in the process?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-14-19, 10:10 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
God forbid a parent talks to his kid about a game he played in - what an awful Father. I will take the word of this complete stranger with a kid on Benedictine's team over any of the nonsense that rolls out of your pie hole any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You bring nothing positive or constructive to the site. You are what many would call a troll. We in Viking Village call you much worse. The only good thing now is people from the outside who check in to see how one of the areas best squads is doing know your a joke as well. You being exposed as the liar you are is well overdue and fitting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-14-19, 10:17 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 341
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Funny how I asked this question and got no reply.That STORY OR MIS-INFORMATION got swept under the rug pretty quickly didn't it? Things get said here that are pretty inflammatory and make no sense to interested observers.Things that make you go....HMMMM..... But nothing.However an issue with a uniform design evokes a stern reprimand.InterestingÖÖ..very very interesting.

Ah, but Jimmy, nobody loves you like I do. You know that. You name it. I'll do anything for you.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-14-19, 03:32 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 840
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Ah, but Jimmy, nobody loves you like I do. You know that. You name it. I'll do anything for you.
What can I say? I'm a man of the people!!! I choose no side.Why???? Because I would rather gather all the evidence from all directions and run it through my own database and form my own conclusion. By not aligning myself with any one faction it allows me to see the truth as it really exists.My Dad always said....."It will all come out in the wash one day". It also helps to not take H.S. sports too seriously even if we all do this from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-14-19, 03:37 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 216
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
BengalsWrestling, Are you telling me you sat down with your son and had a conversation about the content of trash talking going on during a high school basketball game?
Yes, we talk after every game. After the VASJ/Benedictine game we talked at length about "heat of the moment" moments and how the deeper into the post season you go, the less that will be tolerated by the officials.
As the youngest of 5 boys, all 4 older brothers wrestled and myself being a volunteer assistant for Benedictine wrestling, he sort of has that wrestling mentality on the court. Not a bad thing to have when your only 6'4" and playing center for upper echelon high school basketball team.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-14-19, 04:49 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
No need to explain yourself to him about being a good parent. You are 100% in the advice you are telling your son. The officials let the game get away from them midway through the first quarter and once the Genie is out of the bottle there is no putting it back in. A early tech or stern warning normally stops the games from getting away early on. I'm willing to bet the officials will ref much tighter in the Feb rematch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-14-19, 05:54 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 216
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Guys, I have a very simple rule when it comes to Yappi. I would never post anything on any thread, that I would not say to a person face to face. Most of us follow this rule........ some don't.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-14-19, 06:10 PM
bengals wrestling bengals wrestling is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-24-15
Location: Brunswick
Posts: 216
bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but brusharc was right about one thing. Three years ago, Babe got tossed from a freshman game. Ironically it was against Benedictine, my sons freshman year, and stemmed from a charge my son took.
It's just just another chapter in the book I'm going to write. I'm calling it "You Can't Make This $hit Up, A Memoir of a High School Coach and Father"
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-14-19, 06:12 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would buy that book.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-14-19, 06:49 PM
MugnMaul78 MugnMaul78 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 858
MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
Yes, we talk after every game. After the VASJ/Benedictine game we talked at length about "heat of the moment" moments and how the deeper into the post season you go, the less that will be tolerated by the officials.
As the youngest of 5 boys, all 4 older brothers wrestled and myself being a volunteer assistant for Benedictine wrestling, he sort of has that wrestling mentality on the court. Not a bad thing to have when your only 6'4" and playing center for upper echelon high school basketball team.
You're a good dad. Actually my boys switched back and forth between wrestling and basketball during their CYO years. In grade school, our oldest son wrestled with Benedictine state qualifier Nick Ward and a couple other guys who were at St Gregs (wrestling for Holy Cross in Euclid). Eventually all 3 wrestled and played football for VASJ. Much respect for wrestling, the toughest sport there is.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 01-14-19, 07:06 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
My brother and I both wrestled at Euclid. I still follow it but mostly on the college level.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 01-15-19, 09:48 AM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 341
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but brusharc was right about one thing. Three years ago, Babe got tossed from a freshman game. Ironically it was against Benedictine, my sons freshman year, and stemmed from a charge my son took.
It's just just another chapter in the book I'm going to write. I'm calling it "You Can't Make This $hit Up, A Memoir of a High School Coach and Father"
I have been right about many things. Sure, perhaps I didn't quite hear the nature of the trash talk clearly from my seat the other night so I just inferred they were arguing over the new jerseys that were part of a $10k package from Under Armour as part of the only school in Ohio to be sponsored by Under Armour. I admit that my inference was a leap of faith. I do appreciate you all getting to the bottom of the it though.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-15-19, 11:07 AM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 840
James x2 is on a distinguished road
What does $10,000 get you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
I have been right about many things. Sure, perhaps I didn't quite hear the nature of the trash talk clearly from my seat the other night so I just inferred they were arguing over the new jerseys that were part of a $10k package from Under Armour as part of the only school in Ohio to be sponsored by Under Armour. I admit that my inference was a leap of faith. I do appreciate you all getting to the bottom of the it though.
Do new uniforms(home& away) and warm ups cost that much? Why did Under Armour choose VASJ? and not St Edward or Moeller ? etc,etc. Never could figure that part out.Glad we have their support though.I will always think that there should be blue chip type players fighting to make this elite program yearly considering the history of success the Vikings have had.Not to take away from the current group who plays with a lot of heart and scrappiness.They have talent as well but we should be on the level with the SVSM program and we are not.We are a tick below.Yeah we have had our studs over the years but it seems that we either can't keep em around due to parents interfering or potential coaches working the AAU circuit...We have been blessed though and things get cyclical but we seem to have more obstacles than we should for a program with this level of success.Having admission standards probably has something to do with this as well.

Last edited by James x2; 01-15-19 at 11:08 AM. Reason: change
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-15-19, 11:38 AM
Unlimited Potential Unlimited Potential is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-17-17
Posts: 191
Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball216 View Post
the only thing we should be talking about on this thread is the awesome start to the season the vikings have had. They have two loses - one in state to one of the best teams in ohio and another to a powerhouse team from another state. This team has come together and beat some of the best teams ne ohio has to offer. the coach bashing has gotten old. if you are a viking fan and truly support them then you should support the current staff. The game friday was magical. When two good teams meet up in viking village and the place is full - there is no atmosphere better. Right now basketball is the only sport that everybody comes out to support. The program is tradition rich and a huge positive marketing tool - even if the administration does not believe it. I support the current coach because the 2014 team was the beginning of the schools rebirth and the program has done so much not only for the school - but for the kids who have played in it. My feeling is that if the program was allowed to regress - the school would follow suit. A solid winning program brought the alumni and money back to the school and a losing program would keep them away.
lol
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-15-19, 11:56 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure the Under Armour contract is due to the success the program has had (5 title games in a row) and the head coaches association with the Steph Curry camps. I'm sure he made connections.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-15-19, 12:48 PM
brusharc1986 brusharc1986 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-06-17
Posts: 341
brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Those under armor contracts are very difficult to lock in. Even more difficult is getting in to that Steph curry camp. I heard our Chet Mason was considered, but Steph opted to take Jason Kidd instead. There is always next year.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-15-19, 01:28 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 3,208
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I happen to think it's a great thing to have a company like Under Armour helping to offset the expense to outfit our sports teams. I fail to see any negative. I know the deal Joe's has is far better then any other school and the kids like it. It is not just for boys basketball anymore. I'm pretty sure almost every team is now wearing that brand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-15-19, 01:50 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,171
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
I happen to think it's a great thing to have a company like Under Armour helping to offset the expense to outfit our sports teams. I fail to see any negative. I know the deal Joe's has is far better then any other school and the kids like it. It is not just for boys basketball anymore. I'm pretty sure almost every team is now wearing that brand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart


As I mentioned before about the sewn on patches on the new uniforms, I hope UA sends a fixed version so the red patches donít have to see another minute on the tile. Anywho I believe St.V was the first school to get a sponsorship with an apparel/shoe company thanks to LeBron starting with the basketball team eventually to all the sports teams. Having the opportunity to get outfitted is a huge plus and something that will get kids excited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-15-19, 02:24 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 840
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
As I mentioned before about the sewn on patches on the new uniforms, I hope UA sends a fixed version so the red patches donít have to see another minute on the tile. Anywho I believe St.V was the first school to get a sponsorship with an apparel/shoe company thanks to LeBron starting with the basketball team eventually to all the sports teams. Having the opportunity to get outfitted is a huge plus and something that will get kids excited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this.Like I said earlier I'm glad we get the support.If the 10 g's covers all VASJ sports uniforms then that makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-15-19, 09:16 PM
C'Town216 C'Town216 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-11-14
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,171
C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
I agree with this.Like I said earlier I'm glad we get the support.If the 10 g's covers all VASJ sports uniforms then that makes sense.


I am too, it would be sketchy if it was basketball getting all of the money from UA for gear


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who would you like to see get the Canton McKinley Boys Head Basketball Position??? IUDOGS Boys Basketball 270 10-17-18 05:38 AM
VASJ Basketball 2018-19 C'Town216 Boys Basketball 40 06-26-18 11:25 AM
Karen Swanson Haan í99 to be next Head Girls Basketball Coach Yappi Girls Basketball 1 04-10-18 05:02 AM
OHSAA to Honor 6 Former Greats in Circle of Champions at Boys State Basketball Tourny Yappi Boys Basketball 0 03-20-18 11:08 AM
OHSAA Basketball and Wrestling State Tournament Tickets Go On Sale January 26 Yappi Boys Basketball 0 12-20-17 02:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz