Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-13-19, 09:32 AM
Junior Varsity

BobRoss is on a distinguished road
Sorry for delay in commenting, but I have been out of town helping a sick relative.

I attended the Wadsworth_Hoban game and it was typical Scott Callahan team. Heavily coached and no senior leadership. It showed as his senior captains were unable to regroup from losing their point guard. Infighting and the blame game started right in front of me. Wadsworth never should have been within 10 points of Hoban, but Hoban's rather easy 22-0 run was exposed. Extremely disappointing ending to their season.

I would have expected more from a team with 8 seniors and Division 1 recruits, but the "my way or the highway approach" rarely works anymore.
Old 04-17-19, 10:26 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRoss View Post
Sorry for delay in commenting, but I have been out of town helping a sick relative.

I attended the Wadsworth_Hoban game and it was typical Scott Callahan team. Heavily coached and no senior leadership. It showed as his senior captains were unable to regroup from losing their point guard. Infighting and the blame game started right in front of me. Wadsworth never should have been within 10 points of Hoban, but Hoban's rather easy 22-0 run was exposed. Extremely disappointing ending to their season.

I would have expected more from a team with 8 seniors and Division 1 recruits, but the "my way or the highway approach" rarely works anymore.
Thinking back, I have yet to see a team with strong senior leadership under him.
Old 04-27-19, 06:41 AM
Junior Varsity

In a message to the team. Scott stated he was not returning next season

Sad ending. He had so much talent this year and couldn’t do much with it.

Green and Tallmadge jobs are open.
Old 04-27-19, 07:28 PM
All District

OGnir is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sad ending. He had so much talent this year and couldnít do much with it.

Massillon Washington is also open.
Old 05-04-19, 12:36 PM
All District

GREENDAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sad ending. He had so much talent this year and couldnít do much with it.

This is an unbelievably stupid and unnecessary comment. If you donít like Scott - thatís fine. To say that he had so much talent and couldnít do much with it is mind boggling. They went 23-1 this season, despite the fact that they had a D1
Kid out for the year lol. 23-1. They lost one game to one of the stateís top programs by 3 points - even though they were missing two more key contributors and a third kid was playing with a serious knee injury.

This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he donít do much with the team. What a joke.
Old 05-04-19, 07:58 PM
Varsity

SummitCo is on a distinguished road
Undefeated season is exposed if you cannot make your own district final.

Be honest. He got out because he has little on the shelf for next year.
Old 05-06-19, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
While I respect people's rights to have opinions, to say "he didn't do much" is truly laughable. Look at all the injuries and setbacks his program has had and look at how successful they were despite that. To say what was said is truly ridiculous.
Old 05-07-19, 07:31 PM
All Ohio

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Interesting and partially valid points by everyone.

The guy did win 23 straight games. He also lost to a Wadsworth team that arguably wasnít as good as his. Heís always been nice to me and I think heís got a good heart; however, Iím not a girls basketball parent.

Maybe itís parents who think their kids are all so great, but it just seems that Scottís teams have underperformed February/March expectations each year except one - 2016 I think was the year they went to regional finals.

To me, thatís the look of teams that are mentally tired and kind of glad to be done. The coaching style has got to contribute to the underperformance as the girls just get worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-19, 07:53 AM
Junior Varsity

This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he donít do much with the team. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has injuries. That is a fact of sports. Champions and well coached teams overcome. Well run programs do not fold time and again in the playoffs.

Hoban brass may feel different than your statement above. They just hired the coaching staff from the district champions.
Old 06-11-19, 11:04 PM
All Ohio

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he donít do much with the team. What a joke.

Everyone has injuries. That is a fact of sports. Champions and well coached teams overcome. Well run programs do not fold time and again in the playoffs.

Hoban brass may feel different than your statement above. They just hired the coaching staff from the district champions.[/QUOTE]

And she just happened to have a top-20 in the country player. One who won Ms Basketball and is attending Ohio State on a full basketball scholarship.

Letís not kid ourselves on how one wins basketball games. Itís players.

Having said that, I hope she does well with our girls and gets more to come out for the team. Numbers have been down the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk