Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-23-19, 11:35 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Lol Kballer. You can do so much better with your attacks. I have never mentioned recruiting. When I refer to cycles I am saying that teams are good for a while, bad for a while, and back to good for a while. Wow Kballer. Lol. Do not worry, the boys of Moeller are great because they have great players. Lol
If you think asking questions is an attack then you have never been attacked. “Lol” “wow” what are you a teenage girl?
Old 04-23-19, 05:54 PM
All Ohio

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
If you think asking questions is an attack then you have never been attacked. “Lol” “wow” what are you a teenage girl?
kballer (excuse maker), You keep commenting on things that I never said. Why do you not just mind the boys of moeller’s business and focus on your attempts to be a minor league elitist through moeller athletics? LOL
Old 04-23-19, 07:50 PM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
kballer (excuse maker), You keep commenting on things that I never said. Why do you not just mind the boys of moeller’s business and focus on your attempts to be a minor league elitist through moeller athletics? LOL
Lower case letters to begin a sentence, upper case letters after a comma, lower case letters for a proper name? This dweeb (a boring, studious, or socially inept person) has the gall to call someone out on grammar and sentence structure? Seriously, are you a five year old pretending to be eleven, or are you an eleven year old with the mind of a five year old? I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that you never played a sport (dodge ball doesn't count) in your life. GBM
Old 04-23-19, 10:42 PM
All Ohio

I use a lowercase (actually one word) letters as a form of abject disrespect. I think that your name might actually be kdog. Your weakness is actually making this communication rather boring. gbm (go boys of moeller)
Old 04-24-19, 06:40 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I use a lowercase (actually one word) letters as a form of abject disrespect. I think that your name might actually be kdog. Your weakness is actually making this communication rather boring. gbm (go boys of moeller)
It's obvious you don't have a clue as to what GBM translates to. It is also obvious that you don't have a clue about almost anything. I will leave it at this.
As the only poster on Yappi that has earned the moniker "dweeb", you should retire from this thread and go back to posting on the Kidzworld forum. Come back in about twenty years when your brain is fully developed. See you around. GBM
Old 05-29-19, 01:59 PM
Freshman

GopherHole is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBM4EVER View Post
When you said "another i hear is going elsewhere after the season." Who are you talking about?
Not counting the 2 transfers that left for CHCA during the season, I heard 4 more juniors (now seniors) have either transferred or decided not to play next year. Those 6 players would finish in 1st place in any other conference in Cincy. Not to mention that all 6 will will play in college, 4 basketball, 1 football and 1 baseball.
Old 05-29-19, 09:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
Not counting the 2 transfers that left for CHCA during the season, I heard 4 more juniors (now seniors) have either transferred or decided not to play next year. Those 6 players would finish in 1st place in any other conference in Cincy. Not to mention that all 6 will will play in college, 4 basketball, 1 football and 1 baseball.
As long as their names aren’t Alex Williams or Logan Duncomb- could care less #thankyouNext
Old 05-29-19, 09:49 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
I’m sure they’ll have a few transfers coming in...
Old 05-29-19, 11:22 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
Let’s move on people. The best programs will continue to survive because they have stability !!
Old 06-01-19, 04:33 PM
Varsity

tune89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As long as their names aren’t Alex Williams or Logan Duncomb- could care less #thankyouNext
And this Miss is the elitist attitude that could eventually haunt the program. It’s clear Moeller only cares about the “elite” few and why some transfered out last season and why some won’t play next year. When a specific grade is not that strong Moeller will find the kids to transfer in. Moe will be getting help for their sophomore class to be. Moeller does a great job getting all the freshman basketball players in and making them feel wanted But Eventually kids are going to slow down going to Moeller as freshman because they know they can probably only make the team one or 2 years, then be thrown to the side.
Old 06-01-19, 11:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tune89 View Post
And this Miss is the elitist attitude that could eventually haunt the program. It’s clear Moeller only cares about the “elite” few and why some transfered out last season and why some won’t play next year. When a specific grade is not that strong Moeller will find the kids to transfer in. Moe will be getting help for their sophomore class to be. Moeller does a great job getting all the freshman basketball players in and making them feel wanted But Eventually kids are going to slow down going to Moeller as freshman because they know they can probably only make the team one or 2 years, then be thrown to the side.
These other posters have been implying on this and other threads that Moeller is bleeding talent- not true. Been hearing there is trouble brewing because a couple of kids went to CHCA- I don’t want to call our kids on here but there were issues beyond basketball that led to their departures that have zero reflection on the program. As for the prediction about the flow of talent slowing down- there will always be players who want to play for one of the best programs. Anyone who thinks kids get “thrown to the side” is probably not being realistic about their kids talent or effort. The best players play at schools like Moeller- period. This is not elitist - it is being elite.
Old 06-02-19, 12:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Parents, grandparents, friends, and alumni live their lives vicariously through the players they know, when the going is great. They feel “elite.” It was not too long ago that these fans were all over the Moeller football bandwagon. Where are they now? Moeller basketball has had a phenomenal run, but it will come to an end. The elite talk and “build it and they will come” talk will go away.
Old 06-02-19, 05:57 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What a pile of garbage. You could not be more misinformed.
Old 06-02-19, 11:03 AM
All American

Quote:
Parents, grandparents, friends, and alumni live their lives vicariously through the players they know, when the going is great. They feel “elite.” It was not too long ago that these fans were all over the Moeller football bandwagon. Where are they now? Moeller basketball has had a phenomenal run, but it will come to an end. The elite talk and “build it and they will come” talk will go away.
As anyone who has a clue about sports knows, sustaining a football program is a whole different beast than basketball program. Even with a basketball program like Moeller, there will be off years, but as long as the program is run the way it currently is they will remain strong no matter who is on the roster. They get these kids ready to play college ball and the parents of talented kids know it. If their goal is to be the star of a team then they should look at other options.

We get it- you hate Moeller and it’s fans and are very excited that they aren’t the powerhouse it once was in football right now. Enjoy!
Old 06-02-19, 07:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
As anyone who has a clue about sports knows, sustaining a football program is a whole different beast than basketball program. Even with a basketball program like Moeller, there will be off years, but as long as the program is run the way it currently is they will remain strong no matter who is on the roster. They get these kids ready to play college ball and the parents of talented kids know it. If their goal is to be the star of a team then they should look at other options.

We get it- you hate Moeller and it’s fans and are very excited that they aren’t the powerhouse it once was in football right now. Enjoy!
I do pull Moeller, once they get out of the region in football and basketball. Hate is a strong word. Carry on.
Old 06-06-19, 07:45 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Karl gets paid to win. I have no problem with the way he runs the basketball program at Moeller. The results speak for themself. Moeller is hands down the best basketball program in the State of Ohio
Old 06-06-19, 08:51 PM
All Ohio

They have “the best program is n the state of Ohio” as long as they continue to attract high level players. If Massillon Jackson gets another loaded, homegrown class and wins another title will they have the best program? Mentor? X? Dunbar has been loaded a couple of times. Did they have the best program? If Carl sees the writing on the wall, will he resign like so many high school coaches do?
Old 06-06-19, 09:49 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They have “the best program is n the state of Ohio” as long as they continue to attract high level players. If Massillon Jackson gets another loaded, homegrown class and wins another title will they have the best program? Mentor? X? Dunbar has been loaded a couple of times. Did they have the best program? If Carl sees the writing on the wall, will he resign like so many high school coaches do?
As long as Moeller can keep plucking kids from other schools they will remain on top.
Old 06-07-19, 10:27 PM
All American

You got that backwards: As long as they are still on top, kids will flock.
Old 06-07-19, 11:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You got that backwards: As long as they are still on top, kids will flock.
How long will they stay on top without any players? You are funny. I appreciate that.
Old 06-08-19, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't worry about them running out of players any time soon.

One of their guys just got an offer from Ohio State, and a guy that graduated last year is probably a lock to get drafted in the top 10-15 picks in the NBA draft in a few weeks. Parents and kids are going to be seeking out Moeller for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-19, 11:44 AM
Freshman

Old_Coach is on a distinguished road
Not that familiar with Moeller’s source of players. Anyone with knowledge of how many come from the catholic elementary schools vs public schools ?
Old 06-08-19, 06:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I wouldn't worry about them running out of players any time soon.

One of their guys just got an offer from Ohio State, and a guy that graduated last year is probably a lock to get drafted in the top 10-15 picks in the NBA draft in a few weeks. Parents and kids are going to be seeking out Moeller for the foreseeable future.

That did not answer my question. How long would they last without the top players? Cramer is an excellent coach, but if he went to Preble Shawnee you would never hear, “build it and they will come.”

Last edited by HardCorps; 06-08-19 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-08-19, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I think they would still be good without the top players, relative to what are top players in division 1. Cremer is a great coach with a great staff.

That said, with what they've accomplished over the last few years and who they have currently in or that have recently passed through their program, I don't see their well drying any time soon. The program is too strong and in too good of a geographic location to attract talent, be it from private grade schools or good kids from publics that either seek them out or are open to them.