Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-04-19, 11:43 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Did it not translate to a significant salary increase ?
Had no positive effect on my life whatsoever
Old 06-05-19, 05:10 AM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Hot tub. Sure would like to have that $7500 back.
Old 06-05-19, 05:53 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Showing this to my wife. If anyone has regrets about getting a swimming pool or camper, please share them so I can direct her attention to those as well.
Old 06-05-19, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
Should have upgraded. For a few thousand more you could have went with the time machine version and then go back in time and never purchase it in the first place, or buy Grays Sports Almanac.

Mine would be a jet ski. It is true what they say, the 2 happiest days when you but a boat/jet ski is the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.
Old 06-05-19, 10:34 AM
All Region

fortfan is on a distinguished road
Every new driver that I buy. Still haven't found the one that will help me hit the ball straight and long.
Old 06-05-19, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Had no positive effect on my life whatsoever
Well that’s disappointing. Did you have a plan to leverage the degree that didn’t pan out?
Old 06-05-19, 02:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Well that’s disappointing. Did you have a plan to leverage the degree that didn’t pan out?
I went there for several reasons: 1) to actually have the authors of all the books I read in undergrad to be there in front of me live teaching, e.g., Zbignew Brezinski, who was a great teacher as he often told us; 2) to be differnt from all friedns who were going on to law school; 3) have some sort of Ivy League snobbery to put on my CV; and 4) to better prepare myself for the career I wanted on the foreign service. Unfortunately, the forein servce did not want me.

The only organization that actively pursued me was the CIA. They actually said that with my language skills, I would be perfect to work as an overseas agent. I told them that I would be better as an analyst there in Reston. After three days of taking various tests, the gentleman in personnel who was guiding me through the interview process told me, and these were his exact words, that the tests showed that I "was too moral to work for the CIA and I should have been a priest." Quite the left-handed compliment there. The result was that for a year I was the only garbageman in Ohio with a masters degree from an Ivy League school. And then I went to law school.
Old 06-05-19, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Old 06-05-19, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Should have upgraded. For a few thousand more you could have went with the time machine version and then go back in time and never purchase it in the first place, or buy Grays Sports Almanac.

Mine would be a jet ski. It is true what they say, the 2 happiest days when you but a boat/jet ski is the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.
Stand-up old school jet ski, or snow mobile style ? How can you not love a wave-runner?!? Seriously ?
Old 06-05-19, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
There is a niche of people that love that old style stand up jetski. I've even seen some seasoned dudes do some pretty cool stuff on em.

I've owned several waverunners and never had an issue. Like anything else take care of them and they will run forever.

Boats are a money pit but they are a fun money pit.
Old 06-05-19, 05:28 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I went there for several reasons: 1) to actually have the authors of all the books I read in undergrad to be there in front of me live teaching, e.g., Zbignew Brezinski, who was a great teacher as he often told us; 2) to be differnt from all friedns who were going on to law school; 3) have some sort of Ivy League snobbery to put on my CV; and 4) to better prepare myself for the career I wanted on the foreign service. Unfortunately, the forein servce did not want me.

The only organization that actively pursued me was the CIA. They actually said that with my language skills, I would be perfect to work as an overseas agent. I told them that I would be better as an analyst there in Reston. After three days of taking various tests, the gentleman in personnel who was guiding me through the interview process told me, and these were his exact words, that the tests showed that I "was too moral to work for the CIA and I should have been a priest." Quite the left-handed compliment there. The result was that for a year I was the only garbageman in Ohio with a masters degree from an Ivy League school. And then I went to law school.
I bet it served you in ways you probably haven’t thought about, but it does suck when a plan doesn’t come together as intended. Sounds like you recovered well enough.
Old 06-05-19, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

Yeah, well, except for the stage 4 cancer that was suposed to have killed me in 2016. Incidentally, I spent last week going to fumeral homes to discuss the services and prices they had for a cremation. I have since become fixated on death and extremely depressed. I go to Yappi actually to cheer me up. Happy always leaves me with a smile.
Old 06-05-19, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Now I'm depressed that you're depressed. You can cheer yourself up knowing we'll probably archive a thread in your name and talk alot about you behind your back!

Death planning is important. I'd be planning on the nasty surprises I'm going to leave behind for those I don't like. They'd better hope my procrastination gets the better of me. I think I'll have my garbage man, uh, lawyer invite them all to the reading of the will and say, "Nothing for you, nothing for you. For you, a penny."

Listen, please continue to enjoy the journey and when the time comes, don't forget to send back a postcard.
Old 06-05-19, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah, well, except for the stage 4 cancer that was suposed to have killed me in 2016. Incidentally, I spent last week going to fumeral homes to discuss the services and prices they had for a cremation. I have since become fixated on death and extremely depressed. I go to Yappi actually to cheer me up. Happy always leaves me with a smile.
That may be everyone’s worst purchase.
Old 06-05-19, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You need to find grins wherever you can in your life, old man. Even if it is reading Happy. Get those arrangements lined up and forget about it until it's somebody else's concern.

Too bad you don't live next door. I'd do your weed-eater trimming so you could just tool around on the rider, but I'd also steal the beer out of your garage fridge at every opportunity and bust your chops every time I saw a chance. Send the boys over to help you out so you could lie about how great an athlete you were at their age. Maybe train the dog to sh1t in your yard to troll you if you looked bored.

My dad was told the same thing. It turned out to be BS after a second bone scan. All the bone lesions that had been assumed to be metastisized from prostate cancer (controlled by a testosterone blocker) turned out to be just battle scars and war wounds from 8 years of football and a physically brutal work career. They remained unchanged even as PSA levels elevated.

He took a while to adjust, but he did. Then the oncologist added an androgen blocker that took the rising PSA way back down, but it has sapped him even further and addled him a bit. I'm hoping summer perks him up.
Old 06-05-19, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Now I'm depressed that you're depressed. You can cheer yourself up knowing we'll probably archive a thread in your name and talk alot about you behind your back!

Death planning is important. I'd be planning on the nasty surprises I'm going to leave behind for those I don't like. They'd better hope my procrastination gets the better of me. I think I'll have my garbage man, uh, lawyer invite them all to the reading of the will and say, "Nothing for you, nothing for you. For you, a penny."

Listen, please continue to enjoy the journey and when the time comes, don't forget to send back a postcard.
azw is no FaWK. He's really gonna have to weird it up if he wants to compete.
Old 06-05-19, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

How this for weird? I realize that I have been telling you guys that I have been at death's door since 2015. I then started on a hormone protocol based on the drug luprone. In other words, I have been undergoing chemical castration the last four years. What does this entail? the shrinkage of my genitals to the pont where they are barely visible, the gaining of weight, and the formation of breasts (I figure I'm an A cup right now). So the continuation of my life has not been all roses. And bit by bit other parts of my body have started to fail me. Last November I was to undergo a relatively simple operation of to remove scar tissue from the neck of my bladder. The surgeon successfully did this and then for the heck of it cut the nerve that controls my urination. So as I sit here in my kitchen typing this, I'm pissing in my pants. It has definitely put dampers on my mobility. In any event, my new oncologist (I outlasted my last one) has said that I'll be around to 2021. Back in 2015 I asked God to keep me around until Massillon wins a state title in any sport, boys or girls. If God grants my prayer, I'm probably going to outlast many of you.
Old 06-05-19, 11:19 PM
All Yappi

I'm glad that you don't count Jackson or Perry as "Massillon", either. Only the post office and the OHSAA do !

My dad is on the same therapy. Similar shrunk-junk complaint. The cup is half full, my friend.

He's been self-cathing for years. Ever since he was told to drop the saw palmetto/lycopene/pumpkin seed supplement, and his pizzer locked up.

Soon after, once they diagnosed him as stage 4, he was no longer considered a candidate for the green laser peter-rooter treatment. 5 years go by, new oncologist, no stage 4. The urologist does tests that determine he is eligible to be lasered, he gives it a go, but he could only whiz on his own for a few days after the foley cath. Locked up again. I'll always wonder if it would have worked out 4 years earlier, but I've not seen reason to share that thought with him.

I told him to try the supplements again, but he's hesitant.
Old 06-05-19, 11:28 PM
All Yappi

I used to ask for a shot of morphine when I was about to get a foley catheter. Now I've had so many of them that I barely notice when an 18" plastic tube is shoved up my d**k.
Old 06-05-19, 11:44 PM
All Yappi

When 2021 comes and goes, you can start shooting for 2024. At least hang around to read not-so-Happy lose his sh1t when President Pence gets elected

He's the next best thing to the old Paper Tiger, heff.
Old 06-06-19, 06:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I used to ask for a shot of morphine when I was about to get a foley catheter. Now I've had so many of them that I barely notice when an 18" plastic tube is shoved up my d**k.
18” that’s impressive!
Old 06-06-19, 07:09 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
10" is about all I can handle.
Old 06-06-19, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

That's what she said.
Old 06-06-19, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's what she said.
Some how I knew a post like this would be made; after reading the previous two.

I don't plow deep but I plow often.

:>---

EGA
Old 06-06-19, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's what she said.
You were pointing to the photo in your wallet, weren’t you?
Old 06-06-19, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
After reading the most recent posts in this thread, I no longer feel so bad about my worst purchases.
Old 06-06-19, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You were pointing to the photo in your wallet, weren’t you?

lol

Sniper!!

This thread took an unexpected turn
Old 06-06-19, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
After reading the most recent posts in this thread, I no longer feel so bad about my worst purchases.
Lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: