Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-13-17, 01:12 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb OCC Week 4 match up predictions

Dublin Coffman - Olentangy Braves: Coffman too much power in this one. Coffman moves to 4-0.

Grove City - Marysville: both teams are looking better this year. Grove City reaches pay dirt this week with their first win since 2015.

Olentangy Liberty - Hilliard Davidson: Liberty may not be quite as talented as last year, but neither is Davidson. Both are great programs and Davidson can beat anybody on a given day. Tough call here, but given Davidson's record and minimal offensive playbook, I'm going with Liberty.

Hilliard Darby vs Bradley: Rivalry Game! Who knows? Going with Bradley to keep the OCC with another 4-0 team. We need the ratings.

New Albany - Gahanna L: Lincoln! Too versatile with too many threats!

Upper Arlington - Westerville South: UA lost a lot of magic last year which they hadn't had in a while. UA's offense is struggling, but the defense seems pretty solid. It will come down to who wants in more, Westerville's Buckeye back or UA's D? No pick here.

Olentangy O - Big Walnut: Orange! Period!

Newark - Lancaster: Lancaster is off to a rocky start, but Newark won't be able to handle them regardless.

Pick Central - Groveport: with Pick Central falling short in what I consider an upset last week, this week will be a blowout.

Pick North - Westerville Central: Central has some flashes of potential, but with North losing last week like some other teams in week 3, North will come to play. North easy!

Reynoldsburg - Central Crossing: Central Crossing pulled out a big win last week in a community rivalry game. Their success will be short lived as they lose to Reynoldsburg.

Westland - Franklin Heights: No pick here? Don't know which way to go. Should be a good game.

Canal Winchester - Worthington North: North is showing signs of improvement, but Winchester should pull out a win here.

Thomas Worthington - Worthington Kilbourne: I'm loving the mojo with TW! Keep rolling boys, you deserve it! I would like and expect TW to be 4-0 Saturday morning.

Scioto - Jerome: Two of my three hometown schools. Coffman is the King of the roost, these two will have to fight for the court jester spot. Toss a coin. As long as Coffman wins, it don't matter in Dublin.

Delaware - Washington Court House: Court House seems to be doing well. Should be too much for Delaware, although I am pulling for Delaware - OCC!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-17, 01:29 PM
All District

Truthbit is on a distinguished road
Disappointed in last week's Grove City Central Crossing game. Not in anyone or either team, you just want your boys to win.

I have to say it was a great game, and Central Crossing hosted well. Hopefully this is our future rivalry atmosphere. Great job to all the players on both teams and well done parents for both teams.
Old 09-13-17, 02:19 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC GUY View Post
Olentangy Liberty - Hilliard Davidson: Liberty may not be quite as talented as last year, but neither is Davidson. Both are great programs and Davidson can beat anybody on a given day. Tough call here, but given Davidson's record and minimal offensive playbook, I'm going with Liberty.

Hilliard Darby vs Bradley: Rivalry Game! Who knows? Going with Bradley to keep the OCC with another 4-0 team. We need the ratings.

Scioto - Jerome: Two of my three hometown schools. Coffman is the King of the roost, these two will have to fight for the court jester spot. Toss a coin. As long as Coffman wins, it don't matter in Dublin.
I'll take these 3:

Davidson, on paper, seems to have lost more than Liberty did to graduation, but Liberty lost Brendan White who was an absolute man amongst boys in this one last year. I believe the RB who ran all over Davidson (Webb?) is gone too. This one will be much closer than last year and I would not be surprised to see Davidson pull it out at home.

Bradley rolls, unless they have their once-a-season collapse/don't-show-up game. Darby is probably their last stumbling block on the schedule. Not sure Loparo could even find a way to lose to the remaining 6 opponents presuming Bradley gets by Darby. Size advantage upfront, plentiful weapons, and tough-to-cover tall, athletic wide outs will be the difference here. I see a similar result as the Bradley/Davidson game.

Scioto/Jerome should be a good one with plenty of scoring. After week 1, this looked like a Celtic Blow-out, but I would say it is much more in toss-up territory now. I like Scioto's weapons and the poise of their QB. The Irish were much improved last week, but I would caution that Big Walnut did move the ball (particularly on the ground) but shot themselves in the foot with 5 turners (2 for scores) and nearly 100 yds in penalties. A lot of those 1st and 15's took Big Walnut out of its comfort zone. The only similarity to that Big Walnut team and the one from the 2006-2011 era was the uniforms. Total lack of discipline. Edge to the 'Rats over the 'Brats, but close.
Old 09-13-17, 03:02 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
That running back is back for Liberty Matt Webb goes about 225 or so. I agree it will be closer not sure who I am going with yet in that one, I am also leaning Scioto and Bradley will win unless they lose the TO battle by 3+
Old 09-13-17, 04:29 PM
Varsity

D.Boone2 is on a distinguished road
Matt Webb is a senior this year. Unless he's dinged up (and I don't think he is), he will be playing. Normally, I'd feel comfortable betting on Liberty but this one is away? Webb is tough but the O-line may have fewer beasts than last year. Liberty will adjust and test Davidson secondary to effect. Hard to run on Warriner and company. Lib by 7 on the road.

Westerville South @ UA - Bear's D good enough to contain Gill. UA will find a running game (3rd RB) and win by 10 at home.

Jerome @ Scioto: I like Scioto's skill players... very good athletes, no question. But Jerome's got some big, physical kids on the line. It comes down to ball control. Scioto can sweep the ends but Jerome will move the line of scrimmage. Seeing how Nut moved the ball, I like Jerome. They won't commit the penalties or turnovers. Jerome by 14.

Coffman @ Tangy: A month ago, I figured Braves would pull an upset. Now, not so sure. Something's askew up in the LC. Coffman is gelling... finding their identity and gaining greater and greater confidence/momentum. Rocks by 21.
Old 09-15-17, 08:02 AM
All District

Coffman over Olentangy. We did pretty good against Olentangy (GC). Coffman will win.

Grove City over Marysville. This is our week.

Liberty over Davidson. Davidson may have their worst year in a long time.

Bradley over Darby. Bradley sounds pretty tough. Probably will go 10-0?

Gahanna over NA. Gahanna may have the most all around talent this season in the OCC.

Westerville South over UA. UA's offense ain't what it was last year.

Olen O over BW. Easy pick.

Lancaster over Newark. Easy pick.

Pick Central over Groveport. Easy pick.

Pick North over Westerville Central. May be a pretty good game.

Reynoldsburg over Central Crossing. Tough loss for us last week. But they will lose this one.

Westland - Franklin Heights? It's a random guess. Franklin Heights wins.

Canal Winchester over Worthington North. North is lacking, and hung with UA.

Thomas Worthington over Kilbourne. Maybe not, but I would like to see it.

Scioto over Jerome. Random guess.

Delaware - Washington Court House? Random pick - Delaware wins.
Old 09-15-17, 11:21 AM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
Coffman over Olentangy. Coffman just too tough.

Marysville over Grove City. Think it'll be a 3 point game

Liberty over Davidson. Liberty will do what Bradley did last week to Davidson

Darby over Bradley (Sleeper pick). The keys for Darby to win is 1) No Turnovers 2) Not giving up the YAC 3) Control the clock.

Gahanna over NA. Easy pick for me

Westerville South over UA. Gill will take over this game.

Olen O over BW. Easy win

Lancaster over Newark. Don't see this as an easy game. I think Newark will come to play.

Pick Central over Groveport. Easy win

Pick North over Westerville Central. North wins this late!

Reynoldsburg over Central Crossing. Which team shows up for Burg? First week or last week, I think it'll be last week.

Franklin Heights over Westland. In Southwestern City School game, I don't think Westland will be able to stop Jones from running on them.

Westerville North over Canal Winchester. North will put this one off.

Thomas Worthington over Kilbourne. TW keeps the winning alive!!! 4-0

Jerome over Scioto. Jerome will be in control the whole game

Delaware over Washington Courthouse. This game I have no idea but like OCC Guy said let's stick with the OCC Team.
Old 09-15-17, 11:55 AM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Coffman over Olentangy.

Marysville over Grove City.

Liberty over Davidson.

Bradley over Darby

Gahanna over NA.

Westerville South over UA.

Olen O over BW.

Lancaster over Newark.

Pick Central over Groveport.

Pick North over Westerville Central.

Reynoldsburg over Central Crossing.

Westland over Franklin Heights.

Westerville North over Canal Winchester.

Kilbourne over Thomas Worthington.

Jerome over Scioto.

Delaware over Washington Courthouse.
Old 09-16-17, 04:24 AM
All District

11 out of 15 on my picks. Not to bad. Coffman was a big surprise and I really was hoping we'd get our first win in GC.
Old 09-17-17, 06:19 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
9 and 4 for me. Not too good! Coffman was my big surprise.