Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-21-17, 01:52 PM
All World

St.X fan2
I expect them to make the round of 32 in the NCAA tourney but that is it. They struggle with turnovers and can't shoot free throws that well unfortunately. Last year, they had good big men to throw it to if the three point shots were not falling (Farr and Reynolds). They really miss those 2 guys and now with Davis gone it looks somewhat bleak but hopefully they can get better and find a way to overcome the difficulties.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-17, 07:29 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
sportshomer is such a weirdo.
what's weird? That I have an opinion and knowledge of the situation based on what/who I know? Turns out I was right when I made that statement.
Old 01-21-17, 07:31 PM
All American

This was not Myles' choice. He was given the opportunity to leave on his own. This decision came from Mack/Xavier after Myles violated the guidelines set forth during the suspension. I don't think anything will come of it legally, as I am under the impression his removal from the team was a sufficient ending to the situation to the only person who matters in this situation. Hopefully Myles Davis grows up and gets his together as a person.
Old 01-22-17, 12:03 AM
All American

Explain why it's weird? I dont see how discussing a player quitting, or not quitting, on his team is weird. Also don't see how hoping someone can move on and figure their life out and be successful is weird either. Guess it's just you bein a d1ck again
Old 01-22-17, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Explain why it's weird? I dont see how discussing a player quitting, or not quitting, on his team is weird. Also don't see how hoping someone can move on and figure their life out and be successful is weird either. Guess it's just you bein a d1ck again
No way would he quit on jp, tre, and ed, his super best friends in the whole wide world. You're a weirdo dude, I can't explain it maybe a therapist can.
Old 01-22-17, 07:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
No way would he quit on jp, tre, and ed, his super best friends in the whole wide world. You're a weirdo dude, I can't explain it maybe a therapist can.
You're special.
Old 01-23-17, 08:18 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Yeah that was a really weird sentence to write on Yappi. We get it, you know someone who knows the team.
Old 01-23-17, 09:39 AM
All World

Bballer05
Myles had another "incident" related to why he was suspended in the first place (i.e., either contact with his ex or some kind of situation with his girl that had a restraining order against him. actually, i believe they both had restraining orders out on each other, but whatever) and the police showed up.

that's why he's done. Mack let him leave on his own terms - meaning, he said "you can put out a statement and give as much detail as you like about what happened, but i'm not going to comment on it".

some people just can't get out of their own way.

it's disappointing but hey, he made some bad decisions. he's gone.

let's all move on to the shootout this Thursday.
Old 01-24-17, 10:30 PM
All American

It was actually a dispute with a new girlfriend in which the police were called. Not his ex which the original suspension stemmed from
Old 01-25-17, 06:25 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Zip em up
Old 01-25-17, 08:11 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It was actually a dispute with a new girlfriend in which the police were called. Not his ex which the original suspension stemmed from
I'm not so sure about this...one source I follow claimed the ex-girlfriend re-enrolled at X starting this semester so if that is true I could see that causing a confrontation between the two...and yes, likely Myles' fault given his recent actions but I doubt we'll ever really know all the details.
Old 01-25-17, 08:27 AM
All American

Also wanted to add.....

If X wins tomorrow night, the season will be right back on track IMO. Home games against Seton Hall, Depaul, Nova, Butler, and Marquette gives a chance for 2 more big wins then @ Creighton for another possible quality win then on the road to Depaul, Hall, St. John's and Providence still as well.

Beating UC would give X the much needed confidence and momentum to make a strong run to finish off the season.
Old 01-25-17, 08:29 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Damn, if true he's a total POS.
Old 01-25-17, 01:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
I'm not so sure about this...one source I follow claimed the ex-girlfriend re-enrolled at X starting this semester so if that is true I could see that causing a confrontation between the two...and yes, likely Myles' fault given his recent actions but I doubt we'll ever really know all the details.
His ex never took a semester off.
Old 01-25-17, 01:51 PM
Cooling Off

I get it's mostly because of the timing of it, but it's funny to me Dez Wells got the boot for nothing but Myles Davis was kept around.
Old 01-25-17, 02:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I get it's mostly because of the timing of it, but it's funny to me Dez Wells got the boot for nothing but Myles Davis was kept around.
Slightly different scenarios but I agree. Xavier definitely overreacted in the Wells case after botching a few cases a couple years prior. However, lets say both cases actually happened as reported. I wouldn't have an issue with the sexual assault/rape case having the kid thrown out and the one who had a few arguments and broke a few cell phones etc get a big suspension(not saying its ok at all, it's not. Just pointing out the punishments might be different.)

The Wells case is just another example of how universities shouldn't be involved with investigating crimes. I had a good friend who was a student representative on the committee at Miami. He even said how little training or information they were given to prepare for their role and he left the committee because he didn't feel qualified to doll out the punishments they might have to doll out.
Old 01-25-17, 03:04 PM
All World

Would have to think Xavier beats UC easily. Neither team is really that good and I expect an ugly game.
Old 01-25-17, 05:05 PM
All District

streaker182 is on a distinguished road
Not surprised with the season so far. No real leader, no threat down low and Tre and Ed still don't look ready for the next level. Farr and Reynolds brought more to the team than boards and a presence down low. They were good leaders and helped get the offense clicking. Hoping for a Crosstown Shootout win and winning the first round in the NCAA Tourney.
Old 01-25-17, 10:35 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Xavier didn't want to risk having to pay out again after their Wells fiasco.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...wsuit/8111709/
Old 01-25-17, 10:47 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Wells case is just another example of how universities shouldn't be involved with investigating crimes. I had a good friend who was a student representative on the committee at Miami. He even said how little training or information they were given to prepare for their role and he left the committee because he didn't feel qualified to doll out the punishments they might have to doll out.
Amen to that.
Old 01-26-17, 08:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaker182 View Post
Tre and Ed still don't look ready for the next level.
I'm probably one of the biggest X fans around and I love Trevon Bluiett, but he is never going to be ready for the NBA. He's destined for Europe. He is simply too unathletic (maybe the wrong word) and too slow and while he is a good shooter with beautiful stroke and quick release, he can go ice cold way too often to be successful as an NBA shooter. I hope I'm dead wrong, but that's the way I see it.

Ed could stay or go and I wouldn't be surprised either way. He has a high ceiling.
Old 01-26-17, 09:53 AM
All World

He isn't athletic. That's very accurate. Xavier as a whole is unathletic
Old 01-26-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Would have to think Xavier beats UC easily. Neither team is really that good and I expect an ugly game.
I feel the same way.
Old 01-26-17, 05:59 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
My biggest fear for X is that, instead of running the offense and sharing the ball (especially trying to get the ball inside), each of the "Big 3" will try to win the game on their own.
We've seen this scenario before whenever X has been in a tough situation. UC is too good defensively for Sumner to successfully take over the game; or, for that matter, Bluiett or Macura.
Heaven forbid the Musketeers just start launching 3-pointers. We've seen that happen too many times this year.
Old 01-26-17, 09:02 PM
All World

Xavier is terrible down low. Not very tough down there and can't rebound.
Old 01-26-17, 09:06 PM
All World

JP has a low basketball IQ
Old 01-26-17, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Xavier looked really soft down low. And frankly, if Blueit didn't play out of his mind, UC wins by 20. I don't know if Sumner is more passive bc of his injury, but he doesn't look like the same player from last year.
Old 01-26-17, 10:56 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Outisde of horrible foul shooting, I thought UC looked pretty good. Given how bad their conference is, I could see them ending up as a 3, maybe a 2 if they don't lose more than 2 games the rest of the year.
Old 01-26-17, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Outisde of horrible foul shooting, I thought UC looked pretty good. Given how bad their conference is, I could see them ending up as a 3, maybe a 2 if they don't lose more than 2 games the rest of the year.
I bet XU finishes on the 7 line, unless they implode down the stretch after this loss. UC would need to finish with one loss the rest of the way and win the Conference Tournament to finish as a 3 IMO. They'll likely finish on the 4 line.
Old 01-27-17, 07:52 AM
Cooling Off

I knew XU's big men weren't up to par from previous teams but good lord that was embarrassingly pathetic.