Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-04-19, 08:02 AM
All Region

Pile Driver is on a distinguished road
I agree. I think his best chance to compete for a title would be to stay at the D2 level. Nothing against Tyler, he's a beast. I think 141 is a perfect example. Jose Rodriguez went to OSU and really struggled and then he drops to D2 and wins a title this year. Both Rodriguez and Tyler were phenomenal HS wrestlers and I'm not saying Tyler wouldn't be successful at D1, but with the level of talent at 133 in D1 this year I think he would have struggled to be an AA.
Old 04-04-19, 02:29 PM
All District

mustangfaithful is on a distinguished road
top level at d2 would comepte with top level d1,the only difference would be depth! thats my opinion, just like u all have an opinion.
Old 04-04-19, 06:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Peytons Place is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfaithful View Post
top level at d2 would comepte with top level d1,the only difference would be depth! thats my opinion, just like u all have an opinion.
In some cases you may be right but for the most part div 2 champs would not compete with the top level of div 1. Joey Davis probably would have competed for a championship in d1. Nebraskas Isaiah White won a title in d2 and then next year didn't AA in d1. This year he got 5th or 6th I believe. Not saying Tyler can't do it just that most d2 champs will not have success at d1.
Old 04-08-19, 12:24 PM
Freshman

wrestlemom4 is on a distinguished road
Announced today: WLU hires NCAA DII Coach of the Year Danny Irwin to lead wrestling program! #GoWLU
Old 04-08-19, 02:54 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlemom4 View Post
Announced today: WLU hires NCAA DII Coach of the Year Danny Irwin to lead wrestling program! #GoWLU
Great for West Lib!
Old 04-10-19, 04:40 PM
All Ohio

shaggy71
https://wtov9.com/news/local/breakin...q9Rb69YERWToUA
Old 04-11-19, 05:19 AM
All Ohio

shaggy71
Just a few weeks removed from an NCAA runner up performance in only the sixth year as a program - the university has dismantled the wrestling room with no notice or communication. The team walked into this today completely blindsided. The preliminary conversation is that it is being moved to two double wide trailers - and no, that’s not a joke. How does this happen?!

Words can’t explain the disappointment in “leadership” at the university. The mismanagement over the past seven months is mind boggling and it’s actually quite impressive how poorly an organization can be run yet all of the key members remain employed. Once this debacle ends - and it will - most likely with the closure of the university - it would be a shame if ANY of these people secure positions in higher-ed ever again - let alone leadership positions.

I have to imagine when they go home at night that they feel bad about this but I’m also not sure they have the awareness to realize that they are the problem. The university deserves to lose its Jesuit affiliation (which formally happened today).

Shame.

Thinking tonight about the students and hard working staff and coaches who will remain there. You’ve worked too hard and given too much to be treated this way.

Better days are ahead - believe that and control what you can!

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes” - Charles Swindoll

#attitude #effort
Old 04-11-19, 05:20 AM
All Ohio

shaggy71
https://www.facebook.com/bjhedger?__...qzIhYc&fref=nf
Old 04-11-19, 07:14 AM
All District

iGranby is on a distinguished road
I feel like I'm missing something. Why dismantle the wrestling room? What would that possible help/solve?
Old 04-11-19, 10:42 PM
All Region

wrestling_fan_ is on a distinguished road
Excellent way to finish your post Shaggy! That quote couldn't hit the mark any better!
Old 04-12-19, 11:34 AM
All District

TheViking is on a distinguished road
how many wrestler from WJ will end up at west liberty . i know some of them want to try and move to DI . but this would be a great move for some that want to stay D2 and have their same coach .