Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-04-19, 10:27 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastsideCat View Post
Anyone with the screen name huge shouldn't be obliquely referring to a 17 yr old kid that is coming off a knee injury as fat. Your ego has to have a little "fluff" in order to label yourself "huge". That "fat" kid would probably tie you in a knot.
Refer to the Quick Board Rules and avoid excessive speculation. If you don't have any meaningful facts, results or opinions on upcoming matches than don't post.
Old 04-05-19, 05:19 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
Welcome to yappi east side. Great post. Hudson is a great kid and he took one for the team this year by going 182.. He won the LaSalle dual for eds at the dual tourney and helped win the individual states. I assumed that much was obvious. He also just placed second in Virginia beach at 170 which would be his normal weight. I expect he will be there next year with Paddy at 160. I know Mr Hightower and his sons for years so take it easy. As for the screen name it's a. Very old inside joke that I'm sure you wouldn't get if I explained it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Last edited by Huge; 04-07-19 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-06-19, 06:50 AM
Freshman

Bayside is on a distinguished road
Lets not forget that NHSCA is +5 and 1 day and night before weigh in. Not saying Hudson couldn't make it just that it does make a difference for some.
Old 04-13-19, 05:27 PM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
One thing I know after many years of trying is that trying to predict future lineups this far in advance is a fools errand.

I have no idea how yet, but somehow I would expect Geog, Lillard, Bennett, and West to find their way into the varsity lineup next year. kids grow, injuries happen, other crazy unforeseen stuff happens. Remember when people were saying Hightower couldn't "fit" into the lineup at all, well somehow he did. The same thing was said about Delsanter and it turned out to not be true. So, while it does appear right now that all these guys can't make the lineup currently, just wait until next season because somehow someway I almost guarantee they will end up with a shot in the lineup.

The kids with talent that are making all the right choices and working hard all off season somehow always end up in the lineup. Its almost as if they make their own luck by working hard.
Old 04-13-19, 09:18 PM
Freshman

EastsideCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Welcome to yappi east side. Great post. Hudson is a great kid and he took one for the team this year by going 182.. He won the LaSalle dual for eds at the dual tourney and helped win the individual states. I assumed that much was obvious. He also just placed second in Virginia beach at 170 which would be his normal weight. I expect he will be there next year with Paddy at 160. I know Mr Hightower and his sons for years so take it easy. As for the screen name it's a. Very old inside joke that I'm sure you wouldn't get if I explained it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
He has the legs that Harrison didn't. I think he see's himself as a leaned up 170 and if his retiree father is cool with you then so am I. Us Wildcats get defensive but my feelings are ok, appreciate your concern. So that I am making this relevant and abiding by posting rules; yes his results at Nationals support him winning that 170 spot. He did beat the eventual State Champ lest anyone forget.
Old 04-15-19, 07:02 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
One thing I know after many years of trying is that trying to predict future lineups this far in advance is a fools errand.

I have no idea how yet, but somehow I would expect Geog, Lillard, Bennett, and West to find their way into the varsity lineup next year. kids grow, injuries happen, other crazy unforeseen stuff happens. Remember when people were saying Hightower couldn't "fit" into the lineup at all, well somehow he did. The same thing was said about Delsanter and it turned out to not be true. So, while it does appear right now that all these guys can't make the lineup currently, just wait until next season because somehow someway I almost guarantee they will end up with a shot in the lineup.

The kids with talent that are making all the right choices and working hard all off season somehow always end up in the lineup. Its almost as if they make their own luck by working hard.
With all your knowledge what's your best guess on a line up?