Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-12-19, 02:44 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Behrens View Post
However, the official release from the school President made no mention of gender at all. That would indicate, to me, that the "news outlets" are making an assumption. Maybe they are accurate but who knows?
The police officer that they interviewed on a few news stations said “she” as well. “She is 19”.
Old 04-12-19, 02:45 PM
Varsity

hjohn6331 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
thats people are allowed to accuse someone and before it gets properly investigated there is a story about in a publication. His name is forever attached to this accusation whether it was true or not. People just always assume the worst.
I saw the tv report showed a police report filled out, to go that far she could go to jail if she falsely made the report. This is disgusting and bad for wrestling
Old 04-12-19, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

miketyson is on a distinguished road
hjohns

thanks for proving my point you are assuming someones guilt based on a tv news reporting.
Old 04-12-19, 03:45 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
The police officer that they interviewed on a few news stations said she as well. She is 19.
I didnt see that. I would count that as confirmation.
Old 04-12-19, 05:06 PM
Varsity

Cjlewis01 is on a distinguished road
What I find most concerning is the wording of the response from SVSM. It seems to me they are already implying his guilt moreso than news reports. Maybe I took the wording wrong...
Old 04-12-19, 07:42 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGTJ View Post
The article also doesn't answer the question that the person asked.
Nor did I [quote/] That question? Mine was a general statement.
Old 04-12-19, 07:46 PM
Freshman

Shamrock1 is on a distinguished road
I am aware of the situation and have as much knowledge of this as there is outside the official investigation. If this was any other social platform I would not address any of this . I feel this is as close to our community as it can get on the internet and the community deserves to know as much as can be told at this time. I do not want speculation to run wild and go places it should not go. There are many including our young wrestlers that are effected by this. I will come back on here to inform the wrestling community as much info that I can to keep the information flow on the right path.
There has been an allegation by a former female student of an inappropriate relationship. Presented with the information the school took the appropriate action and are reserving further judgment pending a full and complete internal and police investigation. No one is going to rush to a rash conclusion with something this serious.

That is all the information there is at this moment.

There are many coaches, parents and supporters to continue moving the overall program forward as planned. Spring/Summer programs are moving forward including trips to Las Vegas for the US Marine Open and Cuba national team training in Cuba. Full support for our kids is our main focus and we are blessed to have a great support system to do just that.

As accurate information is available to share with our wrestling community I will share here with you all.
Old 04-13-19, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

GWF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_96 View Post
Probably 1/4 didn't even read the comments before they commented.
I see what you did there
😂😂😂
Old 04-13-19, 08:41 PM
All Region

wrestling_fan_ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock1 View Post
I am aware of the situation and have as much knowledge of this as there is outside the official investigation. If this was any other social platform I would not address any of this . I feel this is as close to our community as it can get on the internet and the community deserves to know as much as can be told at this time. I do not want speculation to run wild and go places it should not go. There are many including our young wrestlers that are effected by this. I will come back on here to inform the wrestling community as much info that I can to keep the information flow on the right path.
There has been an allegation by a former female student of an inappropriate relationship. Presented with the information the school took the appropriate action and are reserving further judgment pending a full and complete internal and police investigation. No one is going to rush to a rash conclusion with something this serious.

That is all the information there is at this moment.

There are many coaches, parents and supporters to continue moving the overall program forward as planned. Spring/Summer programs are moving forward including trips to Las Vegas for the US Marine Open and Cuba national team training in Cuba. Full support for our kids is our main focus and we are blessed to have a great support system to do just that.

As accurate information is available to share with our wrestling community I will share here with you all.

Thanks for the accurate update! Coach Lester certainly deserves that. And kudos for everybody else stepping up to fill the need!
Old 04-13-19, 11:32 PM
All District

Power house is on a distinguished road
People this is the good old USA. Innocent until proven guilty LETS NOT FORGET. Im never met Harry Lester. Has he ever been in trouble with anything before?

The reason I ask. Hes been at many many schools coaching around many kids. Been to many colleges as well. If hes never had anything brought up before? Why now Im wondering? Does not mean it didnt happen. But most of the time with these type of cases there is a pattern that follows. If hes been coaching for 15 years hes had many chances. Im looking at this case thinking hmm is more people going to come forward now? Usually In cases like this all it takes is one person to come forward. If there was a pattern and track recorded then more will be coming.

Does the girl have a track recorded of crying wolf? Lots of questions need to be figured out. Both need to take a lie detector test ASAP.

Lets not write him off before all facts and the police do the investigation . If they come out and say its true. Then hes got to deal with it and should be punished hard and never be allowed to coach high school kids again. Maybe even jail time.

If she cried wolf she better come out apologize and the. Be charged by law enforcement and jail time as well.
Old 04-14-19, 05:33 AM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF View Post
I see what you did there
😂😂😂
Thank you, thank you...
Old 04-15-19, 09:35 PM
Freshman

1manwolfpack is on a distinguished road
I have no information other than what has been reported but i feel its more likely than not that this allegation is true. That isn't beyond a reasonable doubt which is the legal standard. This will go as far as what the prosecutor can prove, a plea is probably likely best case.
Old 04-16-19, 12:17 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manwolfpack View Post
I have no information other than what has been reported but i feel its more likely than not that this allegation is true. That isn't beyond a reasonable doubt which is the legal standard. This will go as far as what the prosecutor can prove, a plea is probably likely best case.
So this is your opinion then. Interesting first post for you, you feel strongly about this.
Old 04-17-19, 01:03 PM
Varsity

hjohn6331 is on a distinguished road
https://www.ohio.com/news/20190416/f...lmadge-schools

Just a question, would a high school coach be held to the same standard as a teacher or is it different level of law? I saw this lady teacher went to jail, obviously she was found guilty.
Old 04-17-19, 01:15 PM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
hjohn,

Coaches and teachers are held to the same. I agree with what someone said earlier in the topic. Seems that the school has already made a decision. Hopefully Lester gets a fair share in this and doesn't get prosecuted before all the facts are out.