Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-19, 10:34 AM
Junior Varsity

jj2 is on a distinguished road
Eligibility question

I have a son who wrestles. He has an opportunity to be compensated to participate in another sport; a sport not condemned by the ohsaa. If he accepts the opportunity, will it affect his eligibility, for scholastic sports, going forward? Or whom should I direct this question to?

I posted this here because the wrestling crowd seems to be the most knowledgeable about such matters.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-19, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

Jim Behrens is on a distinguished road
My suggestion is to ALWAYS direct questions of eligibility and/or weight to the OHSAA. They are the people who make and enforce the rules.
Asking about things that are this important on any forum is a bad idea.
Old 04-11-19, 10:40 AM
All World

Suplexer130 is on a distinguished road
Below is the eligibility guidance, however as Jim mentioned I'd always reach out to the OHSAA just in case. Other things to consider is if that sport is NCAA sanctioned what kind of impact it could have on future eligibility there.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibil...nceAmateur.pdf

Q5. A student wishes to accept money for professional rodeo participation. Will this affect his eligibility for
baseball?

A5. No. The amateur rules apply only to the 26 OHSAA sports and to those sports in which the individual student
wishes to retain amateur status. Rodeo is not an OHSAA sponsored sport. Therefore, the amateur rules do not
apply to this student.
Old 04-11-19, 10:46 AM
All American

dawg-pound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suplexer130 View Post
Below is the eligibility guidance, however as Jim mentioned I'd always reach out to the OHSAA just in case. Other things to consider is if that sport is NCAA sanctioned what kind of impact it could have on future eligibility there.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibil...nceAmateur.pdf

Q5. A student wishes to accept money for professional rodeo participation. Will this affect his eligibility for
baseball?

A5. No. The amateur rules apply only to the 26 OHSAA sports and to those sports in which the individual student
wishes to retain amateur status. Rodeo is not an OHSAA sponsored sport. Therefore, the amateur rules do not
apply to this student.
Suplexer130 check your messages
Old 04-11-19, 10:50 AM
Junior Varsity

jj2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Behrens View Post
My suggestion is to ALWAYS direct questions of eligibility and/or weight to the OHSAA. They are the people who make and enforce the rules.
Asking about things that are this important on any forum is a bad idea.
Thanks man. I figured that was the route. Just didn't know if there was a particular person to ask. And was just sorta laying the situation out there
Closed Thread