Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-22-19, 10:16 PM
All District

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Jefferson Cup

Any local teams playing in the Jefferson Cup this weekend?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-19, 03:43 PM
Junior Varsity

SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
OESA 00 ECNL is competing very well this weekend! Congrats!

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...9624&action=Go
Old 03-23-19, 06:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerNut View Post
OESA 00 ECNL is competing very well this weekend! Congrats!

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...9624&action=Go
I would say so! LOL! 10-1. Looks a little one sided!
Old 03-24-19, 04:01 PM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Ohio Elite 00/01 won the top U19 bracket of the Jefferson Cup.
Old 03-24-19, 07:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
Ohio Elite 00/01 won the top U19 bracket of the Jefferson Cup.

Was there any competition? By the look at the scores the ECNL had their way with the locals. LOL! Great times and great weather to spend with your daughter, canít beat it.
Old 03-24-19, 08:31 PM
All Region

Good time. I thought the National League teams showed well. BRYC ECNL went 0-3 vs non-ECNL and the PSA team OE beat went 2-0 against a couple of other good ECNL teams.

The thing I noticed about the teams OE faced was that there were some really good players and power 5's but overall they lacked depth.
Old 03-25-19, 09:50 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Congrats to OE!! Well done.
Old 03-25-19, 10:05 AM
All World

Looks like a few other local teams also played well. CONGRATS to all teams on their success.

CUP 06N1 beat North Carolina FC ECNL 1-0 - Finalists

CUP 07 North 1 beat Loudin Scocer 07 Red Pre-ECNL

Warren County SA 2004 Elite beat World Class FC 2004 ECNL 1-0
Old 03-25-19, 12:13 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Looked like the 5 of the top 6 brackets at U15 04 where they had finals were all won by ECNL teams. TFA finished as Finalist in the 7th bracket that's a decent showing for them. Looks like that U19 Beach FC team had no business being in the top bracket all 3 ECNL teams they played destroyed beat them badly.
Old 03-25-19, 01:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Looked like the 5 of the top 6 brackets at U15 04 where they had finals were all won by ECNL teams. TFA finished as Finalist in the 7th bracket that's a decent showing for them. Looks like that U19 Beach FC team had no business being in the top bracket all 3 ECNL teams they played destroyed beat them badly.
The Beach FC team is a team that plays in a local league and showcases. Parents said they hadn't lost this year. They were Virginia State Cup champs though.

The Century V Gold 00 team had been National League the year prior but lost several girls to the Riverhounds ECNL team. They still had a few power 5 girls (Pitt/Acc) and several mid majors on the roster.

That Princeton team had a couple of Big Ten forwards and several mid-majors. Both of those teams won my respect.
Old 03-26-19, 07:48 AM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Beach FC team is a team that plays in a local league and showcases. Parents said they hadn't lost this year. They were Virginia State Cup champs though.

The Century V Gold 00 team had been National League the year prior but lost several girls to the Riverhounds ECNL team. They still had a few power 5 girls (Pitt/Acc) and several mid majors on the roster.

That Princeton team had a couple of Big Ten forwards and several mid-majors. Both of those teams won my respect.
Thanks for the insight. I knew Century was always a decent club who turns out good players. Didn't know much about Princeton.

As for Beach it's a lesson many State Cup winners learn when their local ECNL clubs don't partake in it. Happened to the U14 and U16 CUP teams before the age group change in Frisco a few years back. They dominated everyone, sailed through NL play and state CUP very few games even close, and went to Frisco and played some West coast ECNL teams from states where it works out to play and it was a reckoning lots of confusion and heart break. Even though a few of us tried to prepare the others. Nothing like 10-1 though. Just goes to show how silly some of these rankings are. I saw they were number 1 in Va for Got Soccer.
Old 03-27-19, 11:05 AM
All Region

A lot of people were using the gotsoccer.com rankings. They're flawed in the sense that the reward teams who play in tournaments that use the Gotsoccer software. They don't include ECNL or DA results. OE gets credit in Gotsoccer for beating everyone in that flight because they technically won (on Points) even though OE didn't play Bethesda or McLean ECNL teams.

I stumbled onto this site which is also a little incomplete but does a little better job of comparing apples to apples. It tends to lend to much value to blowouts in the rankings but seems to have a better predictive algorithm.

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/ranki...nal/All/Girls/
Old 03-27-19, 02:51 PM
All World

Quote:
A lot of people were using the gotsoccer.com rankings. They're flawed in the sense that the reward teams who play in tournaments that use the Gotsoccer software. They don't include ECNL or DA results. OE gets credit in Gotsoccer for beating everyone in that flight because they technically won (on Points) even though OE didn't play Bethesda or McLean ECNL teams.

I stumbled onto this site which is also a little incomplete but does a little better job of comparing apples to apples. It tends to lend to much value to blowouts in the rankings but seems to have a better predictive algorithm.

https://youthsoccerrankings.us/ranki...nal/All/Girls/
That site doesn't list all the tourney teams go ti and when you write them to get it corrected or added you never hear back and nothing gets fixed. At least gotsoccer writes back and corrects things. No ranking system is perfect but for a ranking system to even by ok they need to have all the information possible and the on you list is lacking.
Old 03-27-19, 02:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
That site doesn't list all the tourney teams go ti and when you write them to get it corrected or added you never hear back and nothing gets fixed. At least gotsoccer writes back and corrects things. No ranking system is perfect but for a ranking system to even by ok they need to have all the information possible and the on you list is lacking.
Right, it has the current U18/19 ECNL OE season with the 01's and the Gotsoccer results with the 00 Team. The site certainly has it's flaws. But if your a stat geek like me and don't mind a little research, it has a much better matchup predictability than Gotsoccer.

I've emailed too and it takes him/them forever to respond.
Old 03-28-19, 01:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Right, it has the current U18/19 ECNL OE season with the 01's and the Gotsoccer results with the 00 Team. The site certainly has it's flaws. But if your a stat geek like me and don't mind a little research, it has a much better matchup predictability than Gotsoccer.

I've emailed too and it takes him/them forever to respond.
Forever you mean over a year? Heck they dont even have team names correct. I have found it to be flawed and not accurate since they dont put in all the data points that Gotsoccer does. They are both not great but this one is just wrong..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: