Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-14, 08:58 PM
OtherWXDude OtherWXDude is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-14-10
Location: In your TV, usually
Posts: 111
OtherWXDude is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Anderson @ Cincinnati Winton Woods 9/30 (Score, Recap)

Cincinnati Anderson 3 - 4 Cincinnati Winton Woods

My (unofficial) record of goals:
For Anderson:
8' #9 Max Kunkemoeller
38' #20 Trey Mederer
80' #11 Peter Dames

For Winton Woods:
44', 66', 79' #7 Michael White
76' #2 Michael Barnick

A smidge of a writeup below :P

First half was pretty much the Anderson show; they seemed to dominate posession and played quite well on the fundamentals. Anderson scored their first goal off of a corner in the 8th minute of the match. The next 28 minutes or so was Anderson trying to attack the Winton Woods net but the WW defense held steady until allowing a score by Mederer with just under three minutes to play in the half. However, out of the chute for the 2nd half, Anderson seemed a bit flat. Winton Woods didn't really have many attacks in the first half; also only getting 1 corner in the first 40 minutes. In the 44th minute, Michael White put the ball in the back of the net to start what would end up being a massive comeback.

After the first goal, Anderson started looking a bit disheveled, and Winton Woods ramped up the attacks. Prince Adu gave a great attack in the 66th minute and centered to White who sent the equalizer into the back of the net. After this point, Anderson seemed completely lost. WW scored two more goals in the last 5 minutes to secure a win; Anderson's goal in the last minute was from about 40 yards out (from what I remember seeing of it :P).

Got a bit chippy; the Winton Woods coach got booked with about ten minutes to go; I think he was unhappy with the refs - the WW crowd was pretty much constantly shouting at the refs about bad placements for free kicks, and throw-ins. Late in the match, around the same time as the booking, an Anderson player tackeld Prince Adu who was on a pretty good break - gave WW a free kick, but I thought it might've been yellow-card worthy a bit, but would like a ref's take on it.

Waycross Community Media covered the game, I was doing commentary and didn't have benefit of replay to catch officially who made goals, so might update this if I find any errors :P




Last edited by OtherWXDude; 10-05-14 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-30-14, 09:02 PM
SirStanley SirStanley is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-17-05
Posts: 1,305
SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherWXDude View Post
Cincinnati Anderson 3 - 4 Cincinnati Winton Woods

My (unofficial) record of goals:
For Anderson:
8' #9 Max Kunkemoeller
38' #20 Trey Mederer
80' #11 Peter Dames

For Winton Woods:
44', 66', 79' #7 Michael White
76' #2 Michael Barnick

A smidge of a writeup below :P

First half was pretty much the Anderson show; they seemed to dominate posession and played quite well on the fundamentals. Anderson scored their first goal off of a corner in the 8th minute of the match. The next 28 minutes or so was Anderson trying to attack the Winton Woods net but the WW defense held steady until allowing a score by Mederer with just under three minutes to play in the half. However, out of the chute for the 2nd half, Anderson seemed a bit flat. Winton Woods didn't really have many attacks in the first half; also only getting 1 corner in the first 40 minutes. In the 44th minute, Michael White put the ball in the back of the net to start what would end up being a massive comeback.

After the first goal, Anderson started looking a bit disheveled, and Winton Woods ramped up the attacks. Prince Adu gave a great attack in the 66th minute and centered to White who sent the equalizer into the back of the net. After this point, Anderson seemed completely lost. WW scored two more goals in the last 5 minutes to secure a win; Anderson's goal in the last minute was from about 40 yards out (from what I remember seeing of it :P).

Got a bit chippy; the Winton Woods coach got booked with about ten minutes to go; I think he was unhappy with the refs - the WW crowd was pretty much constantly shouting at the refs about bad placements for free kicks, and throw-ins. Late in the match, around the same time as the booking, an Anderson player tackeld Prince Adu who was on a pretty good break - gave WW a free kick, but I thought it might've been yellow-card worthy a bit, but would like a ref's take on it.

Waycross Community Media covered the game, I was doing commentary and didn't have benefit of replay to catch officially who made goals, so might update this if I find any errors :P I'll post the video once it's available - should be by Thursday.
Sounds like an exciting game, and I wish we had more write-ups like this on here. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-14, 09:41 PM
OtherWXDude OtherWXDude is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-14-10
Location: In your TV, usually
Posts: 111
OtherWXDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOhioRiverbat View Post
What is going on at Anderson? They have been one of the worst programs in all of Cincinnati for a couple years now. Have they even won a game? Who is there coach?
Anderson is currently (after tonight's game) 2-7-4 overall. I don't know if Winton Woods beat Landmark Christian because it's listed as score not reported on the Enquirer and it doesn't even show up on the OHSAA site, but not counting that, Winton Woods is now 6-6-1 including the victory over Anderson. When I was talking to Coach Wyndell Watts before tonight's game, he said that this season, Winton Woods Men's Varsity Soccer team have won more games than in the previous two years combined.

Oh, and I'd do more of these kind of writeups if I 1) had the time, 2) attended more games and 3) the games I attend tend to be a bit boring
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-14, 12:09 PM
karin.barwick karin.barwick is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-04-14
Posts: 3
karin.barwick is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Anderson @ Cincinnati Winton Woods 9/30 (Score, Recap)

Refs were horrible! Anderson took 5-15 yards past where they were supposed to throw in every time. Refs allowed the game to get chippy. When Watts puts the Michael's (Barwick & White) up top and allows Prince to feed them the ball... good things happen. Warriors held Princeton scoreless till 2nd 1/2. Beat Mt Healthy, scored 2 ( playing a man down ) vs powerhouse Middies, tied Ross 0-0 but lost to landmark because NO adjustments were made after 1/2 time. With only the Michael's as Select players it's often painful to watch. Anderson coach screaming at his players for allowing the Warriors to win. Kinda sad.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-14, 12:46 AM
other1 other1 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Huber Heights
Posts: 2,866
other1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by karin.barwick View Post
Refs were horrible! Anderson took 5-15 yards past where they were supposed to throw in every time. Refs allowed the game to get chippy. When Watts puts the Michael's (Barwick & White) up top and allows Prince to feed them the ball... good things happen. Warriors held Princeton scoreless till 2nd 1/2. Beat Mt Healthy, scored 2 ( playing a man down ) vs powerhouse Middies, tied Ross 0-0 but lost to landmark because NO adjustments were made after 1/2 time. With only the Michael's as Select players it's often painful to watch. Anderson coach screaming at his players for allowing the Warriors to win. Kinda sad.
Well Mom, look at it this way: at least you got your son some publicity on this board. Of course, he might be embarrassed that his own mother wrote about him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-14, 06:56 PM
karin.barwick karin.barwick is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-04-14
Posts: 3
karin.barwick is on a distinguished road
Well, Other1, look at it this way...no need to publicize my son. Wasn't trying to. He's done that all on his own. Loves the game. No need to worry about embarrassing him as he's rarely on social media sites. Been following yappi since my other sons Warrior team won D2 state. Just an involved parent who follows sports.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-14, 07:09 PM
OtherWXDude OtherWXDude is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-14-10
Location: In your TV, usually
Posts: 111
OtherWXDude is on a distinguished road
Vidyas of the Anderson/WW games:





I'm aware that you miss some of the stuff in the Varsity game because the camera is pointed high to the sky. We were very short on crew, so remember Waycross always needs help! Call 513-825-2429 or visit www.waycross.tv to get involved!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-14, 09:43 PM
other1 other1 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Huber Heights
Posts: 2,866
other1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by karin.barwick View Post
Well, Other1, look at it this way...no need to publicize my son. Wasn't trying to. He's done that all on his own. Loves the game. No need to worry about embarrassing him as he's rarely on social media sites. Been following yappi since my other sons Warrior team won D2 state. Just an involved parent who follows sports.
Never heard of him before your post. Where is this publicity you speak of? Where is he playing college soccer?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-14, 07:11 AM
redcardme redcardme is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-27-13
Posts: 66
redcardme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by karin.barwick View Post
Refs were horrible! Anderson took 5-15 yards past where they were supposed to throw in every time. Refs allowed the game to get chippy. When Watts puts the Michael's (Barwick & White) up top and allows Prince to feed them the ball... good things happen. Warriors held Princeton scoreless till 2nd 1/2. Beat Mt Healthy, scored 2 ( playing a man down ) vs powerhouse Middies, tied Ross 0-0 but lost to landmark because NO adjustments were made after 1/2 time. With only the Michael's as Select players it's often painful to watch. Anderson coach screaming at his players for allowing the Warriors to win. Kinda sad.
You lost all credibility when you used powerhouse and Middies in the same sentence!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-06-14, 05:01 PM
karin.barwick karin.barwick is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-04-14
Posts: 3
karin.barwick is on a distinguished road
Other1, since you asked... He played Varsity as a frosh, indoor men's leagues, FOSC Buckeye Premier, kicked for the Warrior football team last yr. as a frosh and helped them earn their 9-1 record. The only game they lost was to Mason and it was the game he was unavailable for...due to a soccer commitment. Since he's only a Sophmore, having attended 3 college camps I have 2 more years to worry about what he'll do or where he'll go after HS. Not saying he's a standout, Just a player with a lot of heart. What I meant by powerhouse re: the Middies was a roster FULL of select players from Club Ohio, Ohio Elite, etc. That bragged about going undefeated. Having select players is very often not the case for HS teams. Nice to see Fairfield beat the Middies Good luck to all in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz