Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Rate the movie "Creed II"
10 0 0%
9 2 40.00%
8 3 60.00%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-18, 11:19 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,768
Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
"Creed II"

Rate and review the movie "Creed II"

Under the tutelage of Rocky Balboa, light heavyweight contender Adonis Creed faces off against Viktor Drago, the son of Ivan Drago.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-26-18, 12:49 PM
winbypin winbypin is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 10,039
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Saw it. Thought it was pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-18, 12:27 PM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 628
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Thought it was pretty good. A little predictable, but definitely worth seeing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-18, 06:50 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Thought it was pretty good. A little predictable, but definitely worth seeing.
Its a Rocky movie!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-18, 08:43 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 11,752
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I think he'll fight Tommy Morrison in a street fight in the next one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-18, 09:20 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Let me guess, Creed is the champ, Drago's kid comes out of the woodwork, is a massive di$khead, there becomes doubt, Drago punks Rock along the way, Rock takes it because he is a champ, Creed and Rock train like no other, he defeats the Russian against all odds. Sprinkle in a side love story and Adrienne's grave. Am I close?

I only kid because it is the same old story and is very predictable but suckers like me will pay good money to watch because it never gets old.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-18, 09:31 PM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 628
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Let me guess, Creed is the champ, Drago's kid comes out of the woodwork, is a massive di$khead, there becomes doubt, Drago punks Rock along the way, Rock takes it because he is a champ, Creed and Rock train like no other, he defeats the Russian against all odds. Sprinkle in a side love story and Adrienne's grave. Am I close?

I only kid because it is the same old story and is very predictable but suckers like me will pay good money to watch because it never gets old.
Oh no, you're way off. You should definitely spend good money to see it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-18, 10:25 PM
winbypin winbypin is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 10,039
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Let me guess, Creed is the champ, Drago's kid comes out of the woodwork, is a massive di$khead, there becomes doubt, Drago punks Rock along the way, Rock takes it because he is a champ, Creed and Rock train like no other, he defeats the Russian against all odds. Sprinkle in a side love story and Adrienne's grave. Am I close?

I only kid because it is the same old story and is very predictable but suckers like me will pay good money to watch because it never gets old.
I won't spoil anything about the movie but we could probably all guess certain aspects of the plot fairly accurately. And you're right....they will almost have audiences for these movies.

That being said....I thought the acting was very good and better than expected. And there were enough nuances about the plot to keep it from feeling like a complete retread.

Oh...and princess Leia didn't fly through space using the force.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-28-18, 09:54 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Oh...and princess Leia didn't fly through space using the force.
She must of used gas...

I only kid because another poster said "a little predictable".

As I mentioned, I'll be watching it as soon as I can, regardless, because it gets me all fired up. I believe Eddie Murphy did a bit on this in Raw.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-18, 12:22 PM
winbypin winbypin is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 10,039
winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
She must of used gas...

I only kid because another poster said "a little predictable".

As I mentioned, I'll be watching it as soon as I can, regardless, because it gets me all fired up. I believe Eddie Murphy did a bit on this in Raw.
Did you see the first one?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-28-18, 12:53 PM
foreword foreword is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 243
foreword is on a distinguished road
Creed III: Clubber Lang's kid wants to fight Creed....."my prediction? PAIN!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-28-18, 04:59 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
Creed III: Clubber Lang's kid wants to fight Creed....."my prediction? PAIN!"
Lol. And I'd pay to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-28-18, 05:00 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Did you see the first one?
I did.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-28-18, 05:48 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 19,042
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
Creed III: Clubber Lang's kid wants to fight Creed....."my prediction? PAIN!"
I pity da fool pay money for dis one. Save it for the next. Get the POPcorn.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-28-18, 07:00 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,159
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Played by Rampage Jackson.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-07-18, 03:15 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 15,025
PantherProud
"Creed II"

6.5/8

About 5 minutes too long in the middle but otherwise great. Possibly my favorite end Rocky movie fight of the series.

At points, you kind of want to root for Victor Drago. They do a great job developing both Drago characters.


I donít want to see the son of Clubber Lang in Creed 3, but Iíd be open to a trash talker like Lang was.

My vote is for Anthony Mackie, but now I see heís two inches shorter than Jordan, so I donít know if that works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-07-18, 03:21 PM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 628
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post

My vote is for Anthony Mackie, but now I see heís two inches shorter than Jordan, so I donít know if that works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see it, Papa Doc still hasn't recovered from the verbal beat down handed out by B. Rabbit at The Shelter.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-18, 09:26 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,716
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Absolutely fantastic!


Toward the end of the rematch when his son was getting beat and they showed Drago turn and start walking, did you get the impression he was (and they wanted you to think) he was giving up on his son like the country did to him when he lost?

Enjoyed how they fit in more music from the original scores.

Presuming there will be another but almost foreshadowed Rocky being done with it all.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-18, 09:28 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,716
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
6.5/8

About 5 minutes too long in the middle but otherwise great. Possibly my favorite end Rocky movie fight of the series.

At points, you kind of want to root for Victor Drago. They do a great job developing both Drago characters.


I donít want to see the son of Clubber Lang in Creed 3, but Iíd be open to a trash talker like Lang was.

My vote is for Anthony Mackie, but now I see heís two inches shorter than Jordan, so I donít know if that works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the boy said he should fight Clubber's son. I think that is just way too predictable and not sure I want to see it.

We were both in agreement that Rocky dies in the next film, assuming there is another.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-18, 01:28 PM
NewOldBlood NewOldBlood is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 628
NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I think the next will start with Rocky dead, maybe a funeral or something. Stallone made an instagram post saying he was done with the role and I kind of took that at the end when he said its your time now kid. With the box office success of the first two, I can't see anyway there isn't a third one, unless Jordan decides to move on too.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-18-18, 09:07 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 8,716
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I think the next will start with Rocky dead, maybe a funeral or something. Stallone made an instagram post saying he was done with the role and I kind of took that at the end when he said its your time now kid. With the box office success of the first two, I can't see anyway there isn't a third one, unless Jordan decides to move on too.
Stallone has to be involved somehow. They should learn from Star Wars that when the focal point of what made the franchise isn't around it loses it luster.

I know it would be similar to when Mick died but I think they need to do something with Rocky still in the movie.


A lot of people still call it 'the new rocky movie' when discussing it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz