Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-19-18, 02:16 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Scrooged (1987) 5/8 Watched the Bill Murray led twist on the Dickens' classic last night with the family. Always find it pretty funny and like Murray in the "Scrooge" role. It's a nice change up to the original story.
Old 11-19-18, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Don't think I've ever seen that one. Sounds worth a lazy evening.

Once Upon a Time in America: 4/8
I'm not too into purposely obtuse movies. That it has so many overly long sequences intended to drive the viewer mad, doesn't help. The acting? Eh. McGovern was wretched. There is a mystery that kinds of leads you on well though. It would be a good "here's what I think happened" kind of movie with friends.
Old 11-19-18, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
The Meg-I figured why not? I knew going into it that it was probably be stupid. Was better than I expected though. Pretty entertaining at times.

4/8
Old 11-19-18, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Searching: 6/8
Old 11-21-18, 04:59 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
The Finest Hours (2016) The greatest small boat rescue in US Coast Guard history. A story of toxic masculinity at sea.

7/8

Last edited by chs1971; 11-21-18 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-23-18, 12:20 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a movie but Narcos Mexico: 7.25/8.
Old 11-23-18, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Not a movie but Narcos Mexico: 7.25/8.
Started off a little slow but that was to be expected with a brand new series. I didnt really like the personality of Gallardo in the beginning and wasnt really drawn to him until he was shown to be a d1ck. They wanted you to like him early on.

Really liked Don Neto. Should be cool to see how many seasons they end up doing of the Mexico storyline. Id imagine the next season may be his downfall and at the end they are dispersing up the territory. I would think Amado will get a lot more screen time moving forward.

I will say like Ozark and other Netflix shows, these 10 episode seasons are way too short. I get that they want quality but they still have plenty of filler/setup episodes in the 10 show seasons. To then have to wait another year for only 10 episodes is not a good idea moving forward IMO. I would probably look to either doing two 10 episode seasons a year or make one season every year but with more episodes.
Old 11-23-18, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
The Happytime Murders: 2.5/8
Old 11-23-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Not a movie....

Watched season 1 of The Sinner and it was really good. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Definitely a binge worthy show if you are looking for something new.

6/8
Old 11-24-18, 01:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Started off a little slow but that was to be expected with a brand new series. I didnt really like the personality of Gallardo in the beginning and wasnt really drawn to him until he was shown to be a d1ck. They wanted you to like him early on.

Really liked Don Neto. Should be cool to see how many seasons they end up doing of the Mexico storyline. Id imagine the next season may be his downfall and at the end they are dispersing up the territory. I would think Amado will get a lot more screen time moving forward.

I will say like Ozark and other Netflix shows, these 10 episode seasons are way too short. I get that they want quality but they still have plenty of filler/setup episodes in the 10 show seasons. To then have to wait another year for only 10 episodes is not a good idea moving forward IMO. I would probably look to either doing two 10 episode seasons a year or make one season every year but with more episodes.
I honestly donít mind the format. Iíll take 10 high quality episodes every yr over 20 total episodes with a ton of filler.
Old 11-24-18, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
I honestly don’t mind the format. I’ll take 10 high quality episodes every yr over 20 total episodes with a ton of filler.
My problem is a lot of the episodes are fillers. For a 10 episode season you shouldnt have that....

I hope it gets better bc this was by far and away the worst season of Narcos yet. It got better as it went on which gives me hope
Old 11-24-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
I watched Narcos season 1 and loved it. Need to watch season 2 and then watch Narcos Mexico.

Whoever played Pablo Escobar in Narcos is fantastic.
Old 11-24-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I watched Narcos season 1 and loved it. Need to watch season 2 and then watch Narcos Mexico.

Whoever played Pablo Escobar in Narcos is fantastic.
Wagner Moura. Very good job.

I thought season 3 waa pretty good as well. That was the last one done in Columbia, they profiled the Cali Cartel. I liked Pacho, crazy g@y bast@rd. Chepe was funny as well
Old 11-24-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Didn't even know there was a season 3. I have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 11-24-18, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

Totally forgot about Navagante. He was the best character on the show IMO.

His scene where he tells Jorge he has a date with the love of his life was hilarious. I also liked when he captured Jorge and he said something like "I was your friend and valued our friendship. So I wont kill you, someone else will, that way the friendship can remain intact" had me dying. Creepy dude
Old 11-24-18, 04:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
My problem is a lot of the episodes are fillers. For a 10 episode season you shouldnt have that....

I hope it gets better bc this was by far and away the worst season of Narcos yet. It got better as it went on which gives me hope
I disagree. Iíve liked all seasons almost equally. Maybe a bit of an edge towards the first 2 seasons bc the story was more interesting, but all 4 seasons are really solid.
Old 11-26-18, 08:45 AM
All American

Ballad of Buster Scruggs- 5/8. Itís an anthology based story, some vignettes are far more entertaining than others.
Old 11-26-18, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Robin Hood: 5.5/8

I quite enjoyed it. I like when new twists are pit on classic tales and this movie found the right mix of new and old.

Sets up a sequel weíll unfortunately never see likely.

Ben Mendolsen plays a lot of bad guys in movies, but this may be his best yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-18, 11:16 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Long weekend with little to do I watched a lot of movies

Despicable Me 5/8-family movie night, the start of a franchise not bad, seen way too many times with my son

Kick-A** 6/8-a different twist on the "super-hero"/comic movies. Hit Girl is awesome and the teenage angst with the Kick-A** character is great for the story. Plenty of action, definitely an entertaining movie

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 4/8-probably need to watch again. I usually like Coen brothers movies better the second or third time I see them.

The Last Jedi 5/8-not a huge Star Wars guy, but this one was pretty good.

Stone 3/8 I really like Robert Deniro and Edward Norton so I thought this was worth watching. Deniro and Norton did not disappoint, but the story was strange. Truthfully, I'm not even sure what really happened at the end. The interaction between the two main characters was great though and I think Norton does a great job playing the street-wise, wannabe, convict.

Creed 2 5/8-I'm always biased with the Rocky movies and I'm guessing a lot of people won't like this movie. It's predictable, kind of slow in spots, but it's a Rocky movie so they had me from the start. I also think Michael B. Jordan is on the path to being a mega-star and helps carry what otherwise probably would be really bad Rocky retread movies.
Old 11-29-18, 03:19 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016) - I very much enjoyed the novelty and dry British humor presented in this film. It is not a great film but very entertaining.

4/8
Old 11-29-18, 03:59 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016) - I very much enjoyed the novelty and dry British humor presented in this film. It is not a great film but very entertaining.

4/8

It got critic blasted but I thought it funny and I'm not a "dry British humor" fan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: