Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 04:19 PM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Strongsville

Heard a rumor that Strongsville is looking for a new head coach. I have no idea what might have happened. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-18, 08:39 AM
Freshman

runandjump is on a distinguished road
I heard the same thing........but no further info. It's an odd situation for sure, considering that the season is upon us and they do have talent.
Old 10-26-18, 10:58 AM
All Region

Curious One is on a distinguished road
Confirmed that the coach hired in the spring has been replaced. My question is how does a regional finalist with 2 freshmen playing significant minutes not get a great applicant pool to begin with?
Old 10-26-18, 02:43 PM
Freshman

runandjump is on a distinguished road
I think that is fairly well documented that Strongsville parents have been hard on coaches. I don't know if that is the case in this situation, but it has been in the past. Don't know if it's a rumor, but I also heard that the AD at Strongsville stepped down.
Old 10-31-18, 10:16 AM
Varsity

FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
such a mess
Old 11-01-18, 01:41 PM
Junior Varsity

VilleBooster is on a distinguished road
parents get a bad wrap in this district. it would be more appropriate to look at the school board and administration. They mettle in every aspect of athletics which thye know nothing about. Look at the boys basketball program and that debacle.
Old 11-03-18, 04:00 PM
Freshman

MustangNation17 is on a distinguished road
Same situation here as with the boys. The coach, who is very knowledgeable, was a little too hard on the girls and they aren't used to that. Some of them threatened to quit, and then of course parents complained. The school of course tried to avoid the same outcome that the boys had and forced him to resign, thus giving the parents what they wanted. THIS is why you will never get a quality coach or have a winning program. All the top notch coaches know what to expect when they get here. Better make the parents happy or they will run you out. Its not even about winning.
Old 11-15-18, 01:30 PM
Junior Varsity

VilleBooster is on a distinguished road
Be it resolved upon the recommendation of the Superintendent that the following non-certificated supplemental resignations be accepted:

Carl Walcher- Head Girls’ Basketball Coach, assigned to Strongsville High
School. Effective end of day October 21, 2018.

Be it resolved upon the recommendation of the Superintendent that the following non-certificated personnel be hired for the 2018-2019 school year:

Dawn Thall- Head Girls’ Basketball Coach, SHS

She was the ninth grade coach and a parent.