Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-03-18, 04:18 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
TM Landry, Louisiana prep school scam

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/us...dents.amp.html

Husband and wife set up an unaccredited K-12 school in Louisiana, blatantly falsify college transcripts to get their mostly minority students into Ivy League schools despite having no teachers or classes, all while mentally and physically abusing the kids along the way. Insane story

Amazing how Harvard, Brown, the media and everyone else totally fell for this sham without doing the smallest amount of investigation. This would probably be a much bigger story had HW Bush not passed away a few days ago.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-18, 04:34 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
School had previously been featured on the Today Show, CBS This Morning, Ellen and a bunch of other programs. The students taught themselves and primarily watched YouTube videos. Lmao
Old 12-03-18, 08:22 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
I'm not laughing. It's hard to imagine being told you're worthy of an Ivy League school when your high school didn't prepare you for it.

Back when I was majoring in elementary education at Ohio State almost 40 years ago, we studied the Montessori (children learn subject matter by themselves, instead of being taught), then our class took a field trip to a local Montessori school.

The kids there were cute as buttons, but to every one of my fellow students it looked like the third-grade version of a daycare. Lots of coloring and self-expression, little to no hard learning of subject matter. Everyone in my class said that to our OSU instructors afterward. They just shrugged their shoulders and basically said they didn't disagree with us, but that it was important for us to know about Montessori. I don't know, maybe they've changed since then. I certainly hope so.

BTW, the name "T.M. Landry" is a genius marketing name, drawing the reader to think about Tom Landry, a successful innovator and a bit of a cowboy iconoclast in his own right.

Drawing a direct comparison of yourself to Jesus as the crucified Savior of the persecuted down-trodden? Not quite as genius, but it's certainly a time-tested defense strategy, especially when you're being interviewed by an African-American reporter and you want to foster a "We gotta stick together" connection.

Last edited by Zunardo; 12-03-18 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-03-18, 09:38 AM
All Region

Tom.OH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
I'm not laughing. It's hard to imagine being told you're worthy of an Ivy League school when your high school didn't prepare you for it.

Back when I was majoring in elementary education at Ohio State almost 40 years ago, we studied the Montessori (children learn subject matter by themselves, instead of being taught), then our class took a field trip to a local Montessori school.

The kids there were cute as buttons, but to every one of my fellow students it looked like the third-grade version of a daycare. Lots of coloring and self-expression, little to no hard learning of subject matter. Everyone in my class said that to our OSU instructors afterward. They just shrugged their shoulders and basically said they didn't disagree with us, but that it was important for us to know about Montessori. I don't know, maybe they've changed since then. I certainly hop

BTW, the name "T.M. Landry" is a genius marketing name, drawing the reader to think about Tom Landry, a successful innovator and a bit of a cowboy iconoclast in his own right.

Drawing a direct comparison of yourself to Jesus as the crucified Savior of the persecuted down-trodden? Not quite as genius, but it's certainly a time-tested defense strategy, especially when you're being interviewed by an African-American reporter and you want to foster a "We gotta stick together" connection.
Well you are right, I thought of Tom Landry...
Old 12-03-18, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
I thought of Tom Landry middle school from King of the Hill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: