Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-12-19, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
C'mon Raptors.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-19, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
TV commentators remarking how Lillard, who was having a bad shooting day, deferred the late game heroics to others on his team. Anyone think that James or Irving would do the same?
James might. He's done it in the past, at least sharing the ball when needed late in games.

How much has Lillard improved his stock on a national level this postseason?
Old 05-12-19, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

Holy freaking smokes. What a finish in Toronto!

Loves me some weeping Embid.

Some ugly possessions by the 76ers late in the game.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 05-12-19 at 08:47 PM..
Old 05-12-19, 09:25 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
The Drake curse is real. He was wearing Sixers shorts LoL
Old 05-13-19, 07:06 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Nice game 7 win by the Blazers. Down 17 to come back and take the game. NEO's own CJ McCollum leading the way.
GlenOak kid gone wild...BAM!
Old 05-13-19, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Congratulations Houston Rockets on your 7th place finish!

Just so damn predictable.
They lost to the Warriors?
Old 05-13-19, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
They lost to the Warriors?
Yep, it was predictable they'd lose to the Warriors even with KD being out.
Old 05-13-19, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
You're sinister, Clark.
3 out of 4 ain't bad!
Old 05-14-19, 08:17 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Heck of a game by Leonard and heck of a last shot. The series turned for the Sixers when they lost game 4 at home. Had a chance to go up 3-1 and let it get away. Embiid was sick. Still heck of a season for my Sixers. This team has only been together for about 20 games and they got to the 7th game, second round. Our two young stars, Embiid and Simmons, have gained a wealth of playoff experience this year.
If this team can bring Butler back and hopefully either Harris or JJ, they can make another run next year.
Old 05-14-19, 09:18 AM
All World

What if you had a point guard who shoots 56% from the field, 8 assists, 8.5 rebounds and can guard positions 1-5??

Well, this is Ben Simmons. Why he gets criticized so much is beyond my comprehension. Why do something you are not good at? He's not a jump shooter, he has players on his team that are better shooters. End of story.
Old 05-14-19, 09:36 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
What if you had a point guard who shoots 56% from the field, 8 assists, 8.5 rebounds and can guard positions 1-5??

Well, this is Ben Simmons. Why he gets criticized so much is beyond my comprehension. Why do something you are not good at? He's not a jump shooter, he has players on his team that are better shooters. End of story.
Because he shoots 28.4% from outside 10 feet for his career. He actually got worse when shooting from 10ft to 16 ft and 16ft to <3pt between last year and this year. Not that difficult to figure out.
Old 05-14-19, 10:29 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Because he shoots 28.4% from outside 10 feet for his career. He actually got worse when shooting from 10ft to 16 ft and 16ft to <3pt between last year and this year. Not that difficult to figure out.
But he does not need to shoot outside 10 ft. to be effective? Why try to do things that negatively affect the team?
Old 05-14-19, 10:33 AM
All World

Quote:
But he does not need to shoot outside 10 ft. to be effective? Why try to do things that negatively affect the team?
So? He can still be criticized for being one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Who is saying he needs to try to do things that negatively affect the team?
Old 05-14-19, 11:42 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Go, Nick Gilbert, Go!!!
Old 05-14-19, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
The fix is in, NY will win the lottery and get Zion; then sign Kyrie and KG in July. They will be on national TV at least twice a week next season and court side seats at MSG will be reserved for only celebrities.
Old 05-14-19, 02:23 PM
All World

Quote:
So? He can still be criticized for being one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Who is saying he needs to try to do things that negatively affect the team?
How can you say he's one of the worst shooters in the NBA? His field goal percentage is 56%, that's way above about every guard in basketball. That's like criticizing Bryce Harper because he can't bunt?
Old 05-14-19, 03:11 PM
All World

Quote:
How can you say he's one of the worst shooters in the NBA? His field goal percentage is 56%, that's way above about every guard in basketball. That's like criticizing Bryce Harper because he can't bunt?
I can say he's one of the worst shooters in the NBA because he is. There's a difference between shooting the ball and laying it up/dunking it. His shooting percentage is 56% because 47% of his shots have come at the rim (lay up or dunk). That's like saying Shaq was a good shooter because his field goal percentage was 58%. For reference, some other top PGs and the percent of their shots that came at the rim over the last two years:
Steph Curry - 16%
Damian Lillard - 22%
Kemba Walker - 24%
Chris Paul - 9%
Kyrie Irving - 22%
Russell Westbrook - 30%

The correct analogy would be criticizing Harper if he were to hit 0.600 when facing fastballs and hitting 0.100 when facing any other pitch.
Old 05-14-19, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Cleveland gets 5th pick. Of course the Lakers moved up to top 4, along with the Knicks. Who could have figured?

David Griffin gets first pick, Memphis, NY, and Lakers. Top 4
Old 05-15-19, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
He IS one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Not a good fit with Embiid at all
Old 05-15-19, 02:23 PM
All World

Quote:
He IS one of the worst shooters in the NBA. Not a good fit with Embiid at all
Sixers wins per season before Simmons...19, 18, 10, 28
Sixers wins the last two seasons (Simmons/ Embiid together) 52, 51 two playoff series wins

Ben's career FG% is 55.4% Your statement makes no sense at all. Do you get more points if you hit a 15 footer over a dunk?

Utter silliness...
Old 05-15-19, 02:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Cleveland gets 5th pick. Of course the Lakers moved up to top 4, along with the Knicks. Who could have figured?

David Griffin gets first pick, Memphis, NY, and Lakers. Top 4
The Cavs have had the overall #1 pick in 4 of the last 16 years, and most of those years they weren't eligible for the lottery. Not sure what you are talking about. Drafting Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins and sending him to Minnesota is on you, not the NBA.
Old 05-15-19, 02:28 PM
All World

Quote:
I can say he's one of the worst shooters in the NBA because he is. There's a difference between shooting the ball and laying it up/dunking it. His shooting percentage is 56% because 47% of his shots have come at the rim (lay up or dunk). That's like saying Shaq was a good shooter because his field goal percentage was 58%. For reference, some other top PGs and the percent of their shots that came at the rim over the last two years:
Steph Curry - 16%
Damian Lillard - 22%
Kemba Walker - 24%
Chris Paul - 9%
Kyrie Irving - 22%
Russell Westbrook - 30%

The correct analogy would be criticizing Harper if he were to hit 0.600 when facing fastballs and hitting 0.100 when facing any other pitch.
has there been a change in the points per basket? I think a basket is two points weather you dunk it or shoot a 20 footer???
Old 05-15-19, 02:57 PM
All World

Quote:
has there been a change in the points per basket? I think a basket is two points weather you dunk it or shoot a 20 footer???
Are you illiterate or did you miss this part of my post?

Quote:
There's a difference between shooting the ball and laying it up/dunking it.
He's a terrible shooter. He's a great dunker and layuper though.
Old 05-15-19, 03:04 PM
All World

Quote:
and most of those years they weren't eligible for the lottery.
You are incorrect, yet again. The Cavs were lottery eligible with their own pick in every draft they won the lottery and they won the lottery with their own pick 3/4 times.

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 05-15-19 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-16-19, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sixers wins per season before Simmons...19, 18, 10, 28
Sixers wins the last two seasons (Simmons/ Embiid together) 52, 51 two playoff series wins

Ben's career FG% is 55.4% Your statement makes no sense at all. Do you get more points if you hit a 15 footer over a dunk?

Utter silliness...
The Sixers win because of Embiid.

Simmons would be a better fit on a team full of perimeter guys. In a vacuum, his ability to get to the rim and score is just as effective as being able to score from the outside. However, there are four other guys on the court. The consequence of him not being able to shoot outside the paint is that his man plays deep inside the three point arc and can easily help on Embiid or whoever else gets the ball. It clogs things up and makes it difficult on everyone else.

He's still a very good basketball player, just a weird fit on his current team. He'd be awesome in a situation similar to what Giannis has in Milwaukee
Old 05-16-19, 10:00 AM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Could we all shed a tear for the New York media and the Knicks?

Old 05-21-19, 02:16 PM
All World

Quote:
The Sixers win because of Embiid.

Simmons would be a better fit on a team full of perimeter guys. In a vacuum, his ability to get to the rim and score is just as effective as being able to score from the outside. However, there are four other guys on the court. The consequence of him not being able to shoot outside the paint is that his man plays deep inside the three point arc and can easily help on Embiid or whoever else gets the ball. It clogs things up and makes it difficult on everyone else.

He's still a very good basketball player, just a weird fit on his current team. He'd be awesome in a situation similar to what Giannis has in Milwaukee
I have no idea what you mean, the Sixers are a team full of shooters. Even Embiid is not a horrible 3 point shooter, and it sets up the rest of his game. Ben Simmons is 22 years old, healthy and will get better in all aspects of his game. Embiid is 25, and is hurt most of the time.
I have a hard time hitching my wagon long term to Embiid. Don't get me wrong, he's a transcendent talent, but he's going to just scratch the surface of his overall potential. The NBA is just too much of a grind on him.
Old 05-22-19, 04:01 PM
All World

Ok I'm going to say something that most will probably agree with on this thread, and honestly many who would dissent probably don't message on Yappi.
But does anyone feel that rapper Drake's antics at Raptors games are a little childish and really beneath someone of his stature??
I mean, people kind of got after Mavericks owner Mark Cuban used to get into games from courtside seats and cheer like he was Joe fan. Now I don't recall Cuban taunting opposing players or being an idiot like Drake is being to Giannis. It's kind of laughable and it's funny how many of the NBA community is kind of shying away from commenting on it. The whole Spike Lee thing decades ago was one thing, Spike is just a fan and has no ownership in the team. Drake is a partial owner of the Raptors. Imagine Robert Craft woofing on Patrick Mahomes or Drew Brees?
Old 05-23-19, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok I'm going to say something that most will probably agree with on this thread, and honestly many who would dissent probably don't message on Yappi.
But does anyone feel that rapper Drake's antics at Raptors games are a little childish and really beneath someone of his stature??
I mean, people kind of got after Mavericks owner Mark Cuban used to get into games from courtside seats and cheer like he was Joe fan. Now I don't recall Cuban taunting opposing players or being an idiot like Drake is being to Giannis. It's kind of laughable and it's funny how many of the NBA community is kind of shying away from commenting on it. The whole Spike Lee thing decades ago was one thing, Spike is just a fan and has no ownership in the team. Drake is a partial owner of the Raptors. Imagine Robert Craft woofing on Patrick Mahomes or Drew Brees?
Heard something about Drake on the sports talk shows yesterday and turned it off, and it was on the CBS Sport so I read it a little bit.

First off, I am not sure I know who Drake is.
Secondly, if I was covering the game on TV I wouldn't show this clown and what he is doing. Don't give him air time.

I remember the whole spike lee and reggie miller thing. My dad would be yelling at the TV to stop showing him, and we all agreed. Give these clowns screen time, and it will continue.
Old 05-23-19, 09:24 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Heard something about Drake on the sports talk shows yesterday and turned it off, and it was on the CBS Sport so I read it a little bit.

First off, I am not sure I know who Drake is.
Secondly, if I was covering the game on TV I wouldn't show this clown and what he is doing. Don't give him air time.

I remember the whole spike lee and reggie miller thing. My dad would be yelling at the TV to stop showing him, and we all agreed. Give these clowns screen time, and it will continue.
I"m going to guess most people on this message board doesn't know who Drake is. Much like most of us never heard of the rapper Nipsy Hustle, who died a few weeks ago, we thought it was a mispronunciation commedian Nipsy Russle...Ha!

And unfortunately, here is the divide with many and how the NBA portrays itself...This is what the NBA wants. They want fan interaction with players and the cameras. Now the first time a player takes exception to Drake and take a swing at him, this nonsense stops. Then they'll blame the player for losing his cool.
And my original point was that the Spike / Reggie thing, while mildly annoying, was a little different. Spike was just a big Knicks fan, nothing else. I'd even question that he was even popular because he'd just started his movie career and you could say this catapulted his career.
Drake is a big time rapper, although in today's fractioned world someone can be a household name in one field and no one knows them in another.