Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-19, 11:29 AM
Freshman

cal is on a distinguished road
Great/Unique/Sad softball facilities

Hey there,

The football forum had a great thread on unique or quirky football stadiums. I am wondering if any have thoughts on softball fields? Obviously softball doesn't have the same attraction as football, basketball, or even baseball but as I start getting into state high softball I notice some great facilities and some not so great. The only quirky one I see is on the college level where Ohio Dominican plays on a plateau (kind of) over the baseball field and Alum Creek. Watterson plays on a middle school field with no cages for the hitters to get work or pitchers to warm up...the large ped bridge over the railroad tracks has a quicky feel but it the field is average (at best) for middle school ball. Delaware, Pick North and Central have nice facilities as does Marysville. Any others stand out as noteworthy?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-19, 12:57 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Ashland's field is great. Probably the best field that I've seen. Firestone stadium is great too.
Old 05-02-19, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Firestone Stadium is probably the best I have seen a HS team play on. I also like the Notre Dame College stadium, field turf for drainage but still dirt at home and in the circle; the also have a 4 foot high brick wall from dugout to dugout behind home plate which adds a nice touch. On the negative side I have seen many schools that have limited $s play on a men's slow pitch field, that really stinks.
Old 05-03-19, 09:17 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Mason has an outstanding facility, as good or better than several college stadiums I've been to.
Old 05-13-19, 09:01 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Greenville's Stebbins Field is AMAZING. Ample seating, big scoreboard, nice surface...