Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-16, 07:35 AM
All District

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
Monroe Hornets 2017

It's week 10 and the Hornets have had yet another disappointing season. More let downs and losses than good memories. Wish it would've gone differently for this senior class but it is what it is. Seems like we have a strong junior class along with a couple sophomores, including the QB that can lead this team next year. The biggest question heading into the offseason...Will Leach and Miltenberger still be around or will administration look to make a change?

Returning starters on offense:
O-line- Hollar, M Kovach, Bair, Brown (started a couple games i think)
TE-Page (maybe see some time at RB?)
WR-Gomia, Gescuk, N Kovach, #20?
RB-Collins
QB-Osterman

Returning starters on defense:
D-line- Lane, Hollar, Morris, Zimmerman, C tracey (Some didn't start but saw a lot of PT)
ILBs- Page, Miltenberger, Bohannon
OLBs- Hendricks, Phelan
Safeties- Osterman and Collins, but Bannister and Cedric saw most of PT
corners-none

Punter-Hendricks
Kicker-Thompson

May have forgot some...

I am assuming the schedule is the same just flip home and away games?
GO HORNETS!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-16, 06:14 AM
Freshman

HornetsFan26 is on a distinguished road
Who do you think the corners will be?
Old 10-26-16, 08:25 AM
Varsity

GclKing is on a distinguished road
You guys always talk how Monroe will be good but never are..... another disappointing season over in Monroe...... The program is been going down the drain lately
Old 10-26-16, 08:40 AM
All District

not sure about corner, no one really airs it out in our league so hopefully someone who can come up and stop the run.

gcl- seems like they have the athletes, not much up front though.
Old 10-26-16, 09:04 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
not ready to give up on the hornets yet a few years back when my daughter was in school seems like they had more success struggling lately. hoping they can build off the younger kids and find a way to get things going in a good direction. i think osterman has potential with some help
Old 10-26-16, 10:23 AM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
It will all come down to if these kids get bigger and stronger in the offseason, especially up front. If that happens, there is enough talent to make some big plays. Osterman is a solid quarterback and could use some development in the offseason as well. If the oline can block people and the dline can hold there own it can be a good season, if not then more of the same.

I believe Leach will be the coach unless he decides to step down on his own. The administration isnt going to force a coach out IMHO.
Old 10-26-16, 10:46 AM
All District

I personally would like to see the head coach in the building. Easier to hold kids accountable and develop relationships with them. So they trust you and you trust them. I think this would help the numbers 7-12. Maybe they can find a position for Leach?
Old 10-26-16, 10:54 AM
All District

TuPac is on a distinguished road
How were the Jv and freshman teams? Junior High? Do they have some talent in the waiting in the wings?
Old 10-26-16, 11:30 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuPac View Post
How were the Jv and freshman teams? Junior High? Do they have some talent in the waiting in the wings?
Now you can't quote me on this because I did not attend any junior high games but I heard the junior high program only won 1 game. I know the junior high numbers were down. The roster has less than 15 freshman listed. Not sure of a jv record.
Old 10-26-16, 12:11 PM
All District

Hornetfan16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig1 View Post
Now you can't quote me on this because I did not attend any junior high games but I heard the junior high program only won 1 game. I know the junior high numbers were down. The roster has less than 15 freshman listed. Not sure of a jv record.
I've also heard that.I've also heard the pee wee program has next to nothing of course kids develop over time but seems like the freshman class on down doesn't have much.
Old 10-27-16, 06:55 AM
All District

I don't know about the pee wee program as a whole but the 6th grade group has 35+ kids out which is nice to see. I think they are a pretty good group as well. Now hopefully that 35+ will come out next year for 7th grade football and continue to have success.
Old 10-27-16, 08:38 AM
All District

WHATS_the_MML? is on a distinguished road
What kind of system do they run with the pee wee program? Should try to be as similar as they can to the high school. Obviously the spread in pee wee "shouldn't" be consistently successful. I know Edgewood runs the wing t and has a lot of success with it.
Old 10-27-16, 10:06 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATS_the_MML? View Post
What kind of system do they run with the pee wee program? Should try to be as similar as they can to the high school. Obviously the spread in pee wee "shouldn't" be consistently successful. I know Edgewood runs the wing t and has a lot of success with it.
In the lower grades it is probably something like toss left and toss right or hand it up the middle. I agree that the spread concepts should at least be implemented in the higher grades at the pee wee level and they may already be. I am not sure. But if we want to get consistency across the program, we might want to start having some consistency on Friday nights. Play calling has been all over the place.
Old 10-28-16, 08:39 AM
All District

The two games I attended I thought they had a little success. (Franklin, Eaton) I agree that there needs to be a change but who is the question. I've heard they don't have any openings in the building so why switch it up with another external applicant unless you can create or make room for 4 or 5 coaches to get in the building. Idk.. who knows maybe leach stays and turns a new leaf.
Old 10-28-16, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The two games I attended I thought they had a little success. (Franklin, Eaton) I agree that there needs to be a change but who is the question. I've heard they don't have any openings in the building so why switch it up with another external applicant unless you can create or make room for 4 or 5 coaches to get in the building. Idk.. who knows maybe leach stays and turns a new leaf.
The biggest problem Leach has is he doesn't have a position in the school. Its hard to hold kids accountable when you aren't in the building. But it's not just Leach, most of the coaches aren't in the building either.
Old 10-28-16, 09:41 AM
All District

Monroe has too much talent in the halls to be 2-8 or 3-7. I don't see them losing to Shawnee. Something's gotta give.
Old 10-28-16, 10:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Monroe has too much talent in the halls to be 2-8 or 3-7. I don't see them losing to Shawnee. Something's gotta give.
They do have a lot of talent but when you aren't in the building to build relationships with the kids and earn their trust then you will continue to be average. If the Hornets lose to PS tonight I think he's gone. Tonights game will be interesting to watch. I've heard PS is no push over, but I think the Hornets will find a way to win.
Old 10-28-16, 02:46 PM
All District

Good to see PS finally having a winning season for once! Hopkins and crew have done a great job there. Maybe they finally have the talent to be competitive. It would be really embarrassing to lose to them tonight on senior night but time goes on.
Old 10-28-16, 05:18 PM
Junior Varsity

AlphaPhetaPhenwick is on a distinguished road
Two major problems in Monroe
1. Braden McMonigle does not play there anymore
2. Refer to back to problem one
Old 10-28-16, 05:26 PM
Freshman

ThreeFiveTooLive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPhetaPhenwick View Post
Agree 100%... braden mcmonigle was a legend. ever since his departure the whole program has gone down hill. Glad the man is teaching his greatness over on the dirt field in franklin
Old 10-28-16, 05:27 PM
Varsity

GclKing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPhetaPhenwick View Post
Cant agree with that statement any more there alpha
Old 10-28-16, 07:59 PM
All District

Well ever since the legendary Ostermans departed the program has went down hill. Arguably the 2 greatest athletes to ever come through Monroe in Football and Basketball they hold allmost all the records.
Old 10-29-16, 11:35 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Been down ? You guys are hard on your team! Just two years ago when Bellbrook won league and a playoff game , we went to Monroe week 9 for a battle for the league championship and barel won, you guys were 7 points away from winning league two years ago and had a hell of a team, technically the seasons over now so I guess 3 years ago but jeez, give them a chance , you guys are fairly young , things flip flop in this league rather quickly !
Old 10-31-16, 08:11 AM
All District

Being young isn't a good excuse for a 3-7 season...especially with losing to Madison for the first time in almost 20 years. I am not saying we had the best talent but it seems like we are stuck in a rut and change might be a good thing. Great coaching staffs find ways to win with less talent. I saw some good things the other night against Preble, but again..its Preble Shawnee. It will be interesting what happens in the next couple weeks before the off season takes off!
Old 10-31-16, 08:38 AM
All District

Being young is good for the future. I do believe this team had at the very minimum 6-4 talent. Talking to other parents I know they are unhappy but they all highly doubt Leach is leaving. Like i said earlier.. Who knows maybe something changes and Leach turns it around again!
Old 10-31-16, 08:39 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetfan16 View Post
Well ever since the legendary Ostermans departed the program has went down hill. Arguably the 2 greatest athletes to ever come through Monroe in Football and Basketball they hold allmost all the records.
Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure that's the same time-frame. Also not sure if the younger brother has any records. Could be wrong though.
Old 10-31-16, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
just don't toss any gatorade bottles his way hard to think that was ten years ago
Old 10-31-16, 09:48 AM
All District

Thatsatouchdown is on a distinguished road
So good to see hornet fans talking about next year while High school football still being played. Lol
Old 10-31-16, 10:29 AM
Junior Varsity

AlphaPhetaPhenwick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
just don't toss any gatorade bottles his way hard to think that was ten years ago
Old 11-02-16, 11:10 AM
All District

has anyone heard anything about coaching moves? Assistants leaving? Leach staying?