Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-24-16, 03:27 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Jhubbs is reiterating what I've said all along. How many times can Glenn escape certain doom? The whole Governor thing was over done (bad folks), then they encounter the Termites and Gareth (bad folks), then a slight Wolves group that was never really explained, and now we have Negan. They need to move into a closing direction. Do not sacrifice the integrity of the show for every comic book character Kirkman has ever dreamt up.

Beth and Deanna? Maybe Beth but Deanna made what? A season?

They cannot continue to have the group pick up characters only to use them as death bait in order to save certain other folks because they fear ratings will drop. I understand that SOMEONE, perhaps multiple people will die in the season finale but even that is too late and predictable.

The first two seasons were not very predictable. After that the comic book took over and it went from a great show to a good show.

You might as well do one of two things. 1 Get any idea of them moving in a closing direction out of your mind and just enjoy the show as something to watch on Sunday nights. or 2. Stop watching the show. Kirkman has said he has a direction he wants to end with, but its not necessarily soon. PLUS the show is not even close to where the comic is. Its been floated around they could do another 6-10 seasons of the show. You might as well get used to that or stop watching now since your idea/opinion they should start moving in a closing direction isn't gonna happen
Old 03-24-16, 03:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Beth and Deanna are the first two that come to mind that had an impact on both characters and audience. And while we as the audience didn't see her long, the Paula death is weighing on Carol heavy and the scene was well done from a fan viewing perspective.

As far as the Denise death, while it doesn't hit me much as a viewer, I do hope it means they explore the fact that they now have no doctor, and the ramifications of that.
Deanna was worthless. Her death didn't do anything for me. I was hoping for it. Beth is the last character's death where I didn't expect it and wasn't happy about it.

The last 3 deaths I can think of where I wasn't a fan was Noah, Tyreese, and Beth
Old 03-24-16, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Negan is a single person, with rule over many saviors. I'm guessing it numbers in the hundreds. We will see Negan this season, he's been confirmed to appear in the finale by Scott Gimple and my guess is it won't be until the last 10 minutes. He will make a terrific entrance and will be the villain that people hate to love.

The buildup is necessary. Rick and his group are being shown as unbeatable, unbreakable, arrogant and cocky, when the reality is they have no idea what they are up against. Could it have been done better? Sure, but they only get one shot at it with the viewers.

As far as the comic book is concerned, the show has always followed the comic with all the same characters. It's not just recent they have intrduced comic book characters and followed the comic book. They pretty much have all along, although Gimple follows it more to a T.

Major character deaths are coming, I can't see how they don't kill a couple or three off before the season is over.
That sounds pretty cool!
Old 03-24-16, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
I mean i think it's been said in here but I know it's been everywhere else on the internet that we'd meet him during the finale
I try to avoid any spoilers so I don't read about the show much outside of Yappi and I definitely avoid other sites. I just knew they had signed Morgan (one of my favorite actors) and I was under the impression he showed up about halfway through the 2nd half of this season.
Old 03-24-16, 04:17 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I think that has less to do with the comic book taking over and more to do with Darabont being fired.
A little of both I'd say. Darabont leaving did not help.
Old 03-24-16, 04:22 PM
All World

Quote:
You might as well do one of two things. 1 Get any idea of them moving in a closing direction out of your mind and just enjoy the show as something to watch on Sunday nights. or 2. Stop watching the show. Kirkman has said he has a direction he wants to end with, but its not necessarily soon. PLUS the show is not even close to where the comic is. Its been floated around they could do another 6-10 seasons of the show. You might as well get used to that or stop watching now since your idea/opinion they should start moving in a closing direction isn't gonna happen
I'm doing one, and close to doing the other.

The more and more they sacrifice the damn story so they can rush to introduce another comic book character the worse it becomes. Who is next after Negan? Getting old. Getting VERY predictable.

Season's one and two had no comic book bad men with heads in fish tanks, cannibalism, or a leader who dispatches his victims with a barbed wired baseball bat.
Old 03-24-16, 06:59 PM
All American

Quote:
I'm doing one, and close to doing the other.

The more and more they sacrifice the damn story so they can rush to introduce another comic book character the worse it becomes. Who is next after Negan? Getting old. Getting VERY predictable.

Season's one and two had no comic book bad men with heads in fish tanks, cannibalism, or a leader who dispatches his victims with a barbed wired baseball bat.
So? You'd rather they end the show then introduce guys like Negan? The ratings have been strong so you're in the minority with your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Just doesn't do much good to complain when the end is not going to happen any time soon.
Old 03-27-16, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Crazy ending! That was dwight that said "you'll be alright", his intentions were only to hurt Darryl.

Negan is on his way next week!!!
Old 03-27-16, 10:14 PM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
No way Darryl goes out that way... that was a lot of blood tho
Old 03-28-16, 07:16 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
there's no way they let a guy like Dwight be the one to off Darryl. Darryl may ultimately die, but not before taking out Dwight first.
Old 03-28-16, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
there's no way they let a guy like Dwight be the one to off Darryl. Darryl may ultimately die, but not before taking out Dwight first.
Agreed. The story arc between the two will carry over into next season, don't see Darryl going before he has a chance to make things "right" with Dwight.
Old 03-28-16, 08:50 AM
Cooling Off

TheBigGulp can only hope to improve
Anyone else think the guy who is looking for Carol may be Negan? I only think this because he seemes to have recognized the rosary Carol left behind at the car.
Old 03-28-16, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Okay I'll be the wet blanket here but IMO the Walking Dead has officially "jumped the shark". Because the writers can't generate a proper story line they make the characters act increasingly stupid to create "drama". Sorry, it doesn't work for me.

Am I the only one who didn't feel much when Daryl got popped at the end? Sorry, but the guy deserved it! One of my favorite characters is reduced to behaving like a spoiled teenage brat by running out ALONE to go after Denise's killers. Then you have Glen & Michone wandering through the woods like they grew up in Manhattan. But the dumbest thing on display last night was having Rick abandon Alexandria to go after loony Carol all the while a war looms on the horizon (he left his toddler daughter & teenage son alone in Alexandria - DUDE). Are you kidding me!

The only thing saving the bumpkins of Alexandria is that big bad Negan rules over an army of numb skulls. Oh I'm sure Negan is a nasty piece of work and "Lucile" will cave some skulls in but his minions are dumber and less effective then the cartoon minions from "Despicable Me". I know Carol is "bad to the bone" but really, she takes out four of them that easily.

Look the writers have been slipping up the last two seasons but this season they have characters behaving like they're in a B horror movie (running down to the basement during the power outage to see what the screams were). I can tolerate a little "dumb" in a story (like last week with Denise going on a joy ride because she was bored) but last night half the lead characters behaved like morons.

Bottom line is Glen, Michone & Daryl got exactly what they deserved for being stupid. I'll stick with the show through the season finale but to me last night was very bad. It's hard to care for characters that act so foolishly.
Old 03-28-16, 09:08 AM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Daryl sucks at acting. Wouldn't really miss him anyway.
Old 03-28-16, 09:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGulp View Post
Anyone else think the guy who is looking for Carol may be Negan? I only think this because he seemes to have recognized the rosary Carol left behind at the car.

No, Negan is played by Jeffery Dean Morgan, and that's not him.
Old 03-28-16, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Okay I'll be the wet blanket here but IMO the Walking Dead has officially "jumped the shark". Because the writers can't generate a proper story line they make the characters act increasingly stupid to create "drama". Sorry, it doesn't work for me.

Am I the only one who didn't feel much when Daryl got popped at the end? Sorry, but the guy deserved it! One of my favorite characters is reduced to behaving like a spoiled teenage brat by running out ALONE to go after Denise's killers. Then you have Glen & Michone wandering through the woods like they grew up in Manhattan. But the dumbest thing on display last night was having Rick abandon Alexandria to go after loony Carol all the while a war looms on the horizon (he left his toddler daughter & teenage son alone in Alexandria - DUDE). Are you kidding me!

The only thing saving the bumpkins of Alexandria is that big bad Negan rules over an army of numb skulls. Oh I'm sure Negan is a nasty piece of work and "Lucile" will cave some skulls in but his minions are dumber and less effective then the cartoon minions from "Despicable Me". I know Carol is "bad to the bone" but really, she takes out four of them that easily.

Look the writers have been slipping up the last two seasons but this season they have characters behaving like they're in a B horror movie (running down to the basement during the power outage to see what the screams were). I can tolerate a little "dumb" in a story (like last week with Denise going on a joy ride because she was bored) but last night half the lead characters behaved like morons.

Bottom line is Glen, Michone & Daryl got exactly what they deserved for being stupid. I'll stick with the show through the season finale but to me last night was very bad. It's hard to care for characters that act so foolishly.
Can't really disagree with you. It's like they are wanting or trying to get caught. It all sets up for the finale and while I am a comic reader and don't always like when they follow the comic as often as they do, the lead up to their meeting with Negan is one I wish they would have followed. It was so much better in the comic. The brainless wandering of our Alexandrians looking for revenge or running for a safe haven is ridiculous, considering every time they encounter saviors, they are drastically outnumbered but somehow come out winning the battle. One would think they talk behind their walls or do a little recon, but I suppose that will be the point. They really have no idea what they are up against.
Old 03-28-16, 10:26 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Can't really disagree with you. It's like they are wanting or trying to get caught....
I have noticed a sloppiness lately and a failure to use basic tactical skills. How many times have they been snuck up on lately? Why is no one watching their six when they stop somewhere outside the fence? Neither situation, when Denise bought it and this situation when Daryl gets shot, should have happened and would not have happened if someone was simply paying attention.

Situational awareness my fiends.
Old 03-28-16, 11:54 AM
All World

They sacrificed a great show in order to become a nerds comic book dream played out on film.

lotr10, they have definitely jumped the shark. All the comic book goonies will love it but the non comic book folk who carried the show will start falling to the wayside.

What a shame.
Old 03-28-16, 12:27 PM
Cooling Off

Nelson Van Alden has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
They sacrificed a great show in order to become a nerds comic book dream played out on film.

lotr10, they have definitely jumped the shark. All the comic book goonies will love it but the non comic book folk who carried the show will start falling to the wayside.

What a shame.
I guarantee the major death from the comic will be changed. Too many non comic viewers know that spoiler.

Also, wondering if fetus is Maggie is dead and clawing away at her insides. It'd be cool to see an omage to Alien.
Old 03-28-16, 12:28 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What a shame.
Have you actually read the comics? I ask since you seem to be convinced everything bad related to the show is not due to poor writing, but do to them following the comic storyline.
Old 03-28-16, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Van Alden View Post
I guarantee the major death from the comic will be changed. Too many non comic viewers know that spoiler.
Probably, but that's just what they do. They switch the deaths up from the characters of the comic.
Old 03-28-16, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

All the writing has been done to get everyone out of Alexandria to this scene. With those that are out already and those that are going to be leaving Alexandria, I'm thinking there are going to be 7-10 Alexandrians whose time might be up. It's looking like Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, Daryl. Then you have Rick, Abraham, Carl and Maggie who will be leaving along with maybe a couple more. I don't think Morgan and Carol will be part of it as they seem to be away from the others.

If there is only one major character death, my money is on Abraham.
Old 03-28-16, 03:28 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

Also, wondering if fetus is Maggie is dead and clawing away at her insides. It'd be cool to see an omage to Alien.
Lol
Old 03-28-16, 03:30 PM
Cooling Off

Come to think of it....I haven't seen any kid walkers yet. Except for regan. But none blundering the streets.
Old 03-28-16, 04:46 PM
All American

Quote:

What a shame.
Im not a comic guy AT ALL and while the show isn't the best of all time like some i know tried to tell me, I still enjoy it. I don't see the ratings really dropping much if at all.
Old 03-28-16, 05:35 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Come to think of it....I haven't seen any kid walkers yet. Except for regan. But none blundering the streets.
They made it a point to show Maggie getting slashed in the stomach during her scuffle a few episodes ago. It's possible the fetus slowly died inside her and now it's clawing at her insides. Seems pretty plausible.
Old 03-28-16, 05:38 PM
All American

Quote:
They made it a point to show Maggie getting slashed in the stomach during her scuffle a few episodes ago. It's possible the fetus slowly died inside her and now it's clawing at her insides. Seems pretty plausible.
This would be a terrible way to go out, but would definitely be interesting. They showed her side bruised when she was in the shower with Glenn
Old 03-28-16, 07:27 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
This would be a terrible way to go out, but would definitely be interesting. They showed her side bruised when she was in the shower with Glenn
It would fit with what Andrew Lincoln said about the finale.
Old 03-28-16, 09:32 PM
All American

Yea, I thought maybe she cut her hair to move on from the Walking Dead, but they showed an exclusive interview during talking dead where she said the hair cut was strictly for the show and showing her character moving on from the past. So as much as the theory of a zombie baby would be cool, i dont think they would fake interviews and blatantly lie about it. They would just brush off comments about her hair if they didn't want to talk about it
Old 03-29-16, 06:51 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Yea, I thought maybe she cut her hair to move on from the Walking Dead, but they showed an exclusive interview during talking dead where she said the hair cut was strictly for the show and showing her character moving on from the past. So as much as the theory of a zombie baby would be cool, i dont think they would fake interviews and blatantly lie about it. They would just brush off comments about her hair if they didn't want to talk about it
heard someone else say that in the comics a girl cut her hair short so that the walkers couldn't grab it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: