Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-17, 12:51 PM
Freshman

Woodridge94 is on a distinguished road
St Vincent St Mary exposed with this recruiting video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbvOjSqBrZz/

Here is a video showing two 8th grade football players . One from Ravenna and one from Woodridge being trained at STV by their strength coach. Is this their process to bring kids into their football program? I guess we will see what the OHSAA has to say about this. Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it. This has to be a MAJOR violation.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-17, 01:24 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Video wonít play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-17, 01:40 PM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodridge94 View Post

Here is a video showing two 8th grade football players . One from Ravenna and one from Woodridge being trained at STV by their strength coach. Is this their process to bring kids into their football program? I guess we will see what the OHSAA has to say about this. Im so tired of this school taking our players and no one does anything about it. This has to be a MAJOR violation.
The title of this thread is hilarious. Exposed? How does that video expose SVSM of illegal recruiting? Then you mention taking players and no one does anything about it, let me ask you...what are you going to do about it? Besides signing up for yappi and starting a thread. What is the Ravenna and Woodridge coaching staff doing to keep these kids? Where do these kids currently attend grade school? Where are those coaches at? Where are the Woodridge and Ravenna strength and conditioning coaches at? Maybe this guy is also a personal trainer who the parents hired.

You can whine and complain all you want, thereís nothing wrong with that video. Nothing at all.

Maybe give Tiger LaVerde a call? All his kids stay at Kirtland.
Old 12-30-17, 01:42 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Perhaps I missed some recruiting dialogue ? What did you hear ?

I think a couple dads got some private time with a strength coach, and the guy has access to St V's facility. Your post seems silly to me.
Old 12-30-17, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
That's almost as offensive as the Hoban-Avon pregame video. LMAO!
Old 12-30-17, 02:06 PM
Varsity

sporty2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow this is bad news for STV. If Hoban got in trouble for a coach just appearing at a catholic feeder school I would imagine this could mean a couple years of playoff suspension for the Irish.
Old 12-30-17, 02:11 PM
Freshman

Woodridge94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Perhaps I missed some recruiting dialogue ? What did you hear ?

I think a couple dads got some private time with a strength coach, and the guy has access to St V's facility. Your post seems silly to me.
What do you mean what what did I hear? Its not what I heard its what I see. Its my understanding that these two kids are the best players on their teams and they are working out at STV.
Old 12-30-17, 02:14 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2015 View Post
Wow this is bad news for STV. If Hoban got in trouble for a coach just appearing at a catholic feeder school I would imagine this could mean a couple years of playoff suspension for the Irish.
Oh no Sporty....this must be what youíve been talking about for the last 2 months. What are the Irish going to do????

Just for the record.....per OHSAA....sport specific coaches are not allowed to train 8th graders. Didnít see a football coach in that video.

I know you are dying to have another school in Ohio join Hoban on probation for illegal recruiting. Not going to happen here.
Old 12-30-17, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What do you mean what what did I hear? Its not what I heard its what I see. Its my understanding that these two kids are the best players on their teams and they are working out at STV.
You can't be for real....
Old 12-30-17, 02:31 PM
Varsity

You can take it lightly all you want. Im sure the ADs of these school are already moving forward with it.
Old 12-30-17, 02:39 PM
All Region

Bobby77 is on a distinguished road
I really don’t care but I think there are some rules as to when a kid can train with the coaches. I am pretty sure it has to be after they are registered in March. The kids and dads may unknowingly putting their kids eligibility at risk if they attend St V. It doesn’t matter if the kids home districts do not file a complaint.

I personally think if a parent approves they should be able to get instruction from anyone, anywhere they want but I don’t make the rules.
Old 12-30-17, 03:14 PM
Varsity

Q3. Bylaw 4-9-2 defines recruiting as the use of influence by an individual, either connected or not connected to a school, to secure the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete.

The following would not be permissible during a school visitation:
a) Meeting with a coach to discuss prospects for next year
b) Having a personal session in the weight room for training with a coach or strength staff
c) Having an after-school workout with a specific sports team that might be in season.

Yep heres the rules and looks like STV broke them.
Old 12-30-17, 03:23 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
I expected to see a couple of 220+ 6'2 kids in the video. I'm probably a bad judge of height and weight, but neither of those young men appeared to weigh more than 160lbs.
Not bad for 8th graders certainly not the physical specimens i was expecting to see.

With that said there are Wrestling clubs for youth wrestlers all over the State from 1st - 8th graders who regularly train after the HS Varsity teams are done at HS all over the State.
I know of many and one in particular who draws Grade school wrestlers from 30-40 miles away because of the competition found in the room. No HS Coaches are permitted
and the Club Coaches run the practices and tournaments.
I'm sure OHSAA knows all about these type of set ups as they have been around for years.
As long as the HS Coaches stay out of the room and do not provide Coaching or instruction all is good.....
Looks like " Much ado" about nothing.
Old 12-30-17, 03:36 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post
I expected to see a couple of 220+ 6'2 kids in the video. I'm probably a bad judge of height and weight, but neither of those young men appeared to weigh more than 160lbs.
Not bad for 8th graders certainly not the physical specimens i was expecting to see.

With that said there are Wrestling clubs for youth wrestlers all over the State from 1st - 8th graders who regularly train after the HS Varsity teams are done at HS all over the State.
I know of many and one in particular who draws Grade school wrestlers from 30-40 miles away because of the competition found in the room. No HS Coaches are permitted
and the Club Coaches run the practices and tournaments.
I'm sure OHSAA knows all about these type of set ups as they have been around for years.
As long as the HS Coaches stay out of the room and do not provide Coaching or instruction all is good.....
Looks like " Much ado" about nothing.
Yeah they could have a middle school football club they are running there.
Old 12-30-17, 04:03 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Russian colusion. Nothing to see here
Old 12-30-17, 05:11 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
All this video shows is two kids training(poorly I might add) with simeone at St Vs facility. Many strength guys supplement their income by training athletes on the side. I don't even know if this guy is affiliated with St Vs or not but he has access to their weight room. As another poster said it is no different than a wrestling club or travel bball club training at a local high school. Quit reaching.
Old 12-30-17, 05:17 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Catholic institutions have ruined high school interscholastic sports and created unfair competitive imbalance in OHSAA state tournments in which they engage. OHSAA should change their name to OHSCCA (Ohio High School Catholic Cheaters Association). For the very few Catholic instituions abiding by the rules, the majority do not.
Old 12-30-17, 05:27 PM
Varsity

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Lol just too funny. When I was playing baseba my baseball coach would train kids in different high schools, is that recruiting? Plus "our kids" I'm sorry does Woodbridge or Ravenna own the kids? Last time I checked it was up to the parents to decide where their children will go to school, whether they pay for it or go to public school. Lastly don't make it seem Catholic schools are cheating, what about Walnut Hills? Last time I checked Harvest Prep isn't Catholic, does this mean CVCA cheats cause they're great in wrestling? Come on man, you're just acting like a butt hurt parent/ alumni who doesn't benefit any way from the kids decision. The same people who make threats to high school recruits when they decommissioned from their favorite university. Who cares move along.
Old 12-30-17, 05:55 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Catholic institutions have ruined high school interscholastic sports and created unfair competitive imbalance in OHSAA state tournments in which they engage. OHSAA should change their name to OHSCCA (Ohio High School Catholic Cheaters Association). For the very few Catholic instituions abiding by the rules, the majority do not.
I've said for years....OPHSAA....
Old 12-30-17, 06:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
How sad it must be to be this bitter. Which school robbed your once in a generation team from their chance at a championship that they would have won if the damn Catholics hadn't cheated them out of it?
Old 12-30-17, 06:18 PM
All Region

I am not sure people should be so dismissive of this. The thread on the Instagram post clearly has kids identifying themselves from Woodbridge and Ravenna. There is a clear reference to Mr_williams workouts. Looking at the Mr_williams profile He references himself as a pro trainer and his name is Brian Williams. Looking at the St V website it seems that Mr. Brian Williams is their strength coach. Conclusion: St V strength coach is training non feeder school out of district public school eighth graders that are not enrolled at St V. Am I missing something? Is this legal?
Old 12-30-17, 06:27 PM
All Region

The key term is "pro trainer". If they are paying him to train them then it should be ok. He probably doesn't have his own facility. Bottom line if he was Woodridge strength coach training Ravenna and St V athletes noone would give a crap. Everyone has their panties in a bunch because it is at St Vs.
Old 12-30-17, 06:31 PM
All Region

I agree with you Jaws. I am sure he is being paid and he is renting the facility time from St V for his private business use. There would be an easy paper trail and all is gone. Probably no big deal. There is no conflict of interest here.
Old 12-30-17, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
How sad it must be to be this bitter. Which school robbed your once in a generation team from their chance at a championship that they would have won if the damn Catholics hadn't cheated them out of it?
Mr. Snowflake ironically I played and coached at a Catholic school. Next question?
Old 12-30-17, 07:10 PM
All Region

How am I a snowflake? Im not the one b*tching about the catholic schools. You coaching anywhere doesn't change the fact that you are crying about the "cheaters".
Old 12-30-17, 07:21 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
Quote:

...exposed??? Thanks Geraldo, did you happen to find that Al Capone $$$$ yet?

Last edited by 4cards; 12-30-17 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-30-17, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

PGEMF is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thank you for joining yappi to break this news.
Old 12-30-17, 09:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
How am I a snowflake? Im not the one b*tching about the catholic schools. You coaching anywhere doesn't change the fact that you are crying about the "cheaters".
I apologize you have mistakenly associated fact and truth with complaining (insert the alternative expletive you mentioned). I make a strong supported statement countless coaches and administrators across Ohio who would tend to agree with. Only OHSAA and its pocket feeding privates and fans would disagree. Regardless if your rosemary beads are offended, take heed, tomorrow is a new day, and Mary will guide you to safe places. Cheaters and the unethical behavior in which they encompass commonly and historically have heavy association with privates. Particularly powerhouse Catholic programs with a distinct appetite for skewing OHSAA rules in their favor.
Old 12-30-17, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Yawn.

Lets hope this is the start of another never ending $h!+storm that the purported delivery of lunches to Kent Middle School brought us.
Old 12-30-17, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I apologize you have mistakenly associated fact and truth with complaining (insert the alternative expletive you mentioned). I make a strong supported statement countless coaches and administrators across Ohio who would tend to agree with. Only OHSAA and its pocket feeding privates and fans would disagree. Regardless if your rosemary beads are offended, take heed, tomorrow is a new day, and Mary will guide you to safe places. Cheaters and the unethical behavior in which they encompass commonly and historically have heavy association with privates. Particularly powerhouse Catholic programs with a distinct appetite for skewing OHSAA rules in their favor.
Rosemary beads.
Closed Thread