Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-18, 01:29 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,428
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Columbus Desales at Cincy Winton Woods

Not much time to celebrate for the Warrior's. Another tough opponent visits Charlie Fredricks Stadium. Desales comes in with a 5 and 3 record. The losses are to Cardinal Mooney, Cov Cath, and Bishop Hartley. Desales is tough and battle tested. Also, fighting for a playoff spot.
The Warriors definetly have momentum coming off a big WIN in tbe pit! I would like the Warriors to play a complete game this week. Not cranking on all cylinders yet!,Go Warriors!

Last edited by warriorblue; 10-15-18 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-15-18, 01:38 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I dont know why Im enjoying this season more than last season.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-18, 02:02 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 990
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Not much time to celebrate for the Warrior's. Another tough opponent visits Charlie Fredricks Stadium. Desales comes in with a 5 and 3 record. The losses are to Cardinal Mooney, Cov Cath, and Bishop Hartley. Desales is tough and battle tested. Also, fighting for a playoff spot.

The Warriors definetly have momentum coming off a big WIN in tbe pit! I would like the Warriors to play a complete game this week. Not cranking on all cylinders yet!,Go Warriors!

Contenders execute in week 9 and win these type of games.

Time to do dat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-18, 02:03 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 990
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I dont know why Im enjoying this season more than last season.

I kinda am too cuz there is soooo much untapped potential in this team.

You can just feel it like a bubble about to blow the heck up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-18, 02:05 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Michale Wingfield is really growing at QB. He must be having some good practice sessions. He's poised and confident.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-18, 02:06 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 990
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Not much time to celebrate for the Warrior's. Another tough opponent visits Charlie Fredricks Stadium. Desales comes in with a 5 and 3 record.

Oh and Blue it is Fredrick with no s lol!!!

Love it though because when Charlie was AD at Greenhills HS we all called him Mr. Fredricks!

Charlie is a good dude.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-18, 02:46 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 641
Redwing is on a distinguished road
DeSales is kind of an enigma, just looking at their schedule. They beat Lancaster, who just beat Pick Central, and played Hartley close to the end. They also lost to Mooney, who I've seen twice and think is terrible. That loss will likely keep them out of the playoffs by tenths of a point. They need to pull of the miracle against WW to get in, but I see this game pretty much looking like the 2017 version.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-18, 03:15 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I know DeSales has a big time OL/DL in Rodas Johnson and a couple of other nice pieces but its going to take a special QB to beat the Warriors. What k8nd of QB play are the Stallions getting? Same QB as last season?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-18, 03:16 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
DeSales is kind of an enigma, just looking at their schedule. They beat Lancaster, who just beat Pick Central, and played Hartley close to the end. They also lost to Mooney, who I've seen twice and think is terrible. That loss will likely keep them out of the playoffs by tenths of a point. They need to pull of the miracle against WW to get in, but I see this game pretty much looking like the 2017 version.
The 2017 version of this game was a lopsided affair. I dont see that being the case this season.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-18, 03:19 PM
Redwing Redwing is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-02-15
Posts: 641
Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
The 2017 version of this game was a lopsided affair. I dont see that being the case this season.
That's what I was referring to. Maybe it won't be, but I just can't reconcile the fact that DeSales lost to Mooney. Mooney is a bad football team.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-18, 04:06 PM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,645
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I dont know why Im enjoying this season more than last season.

Young teams that overachieve are more fun than veteran teams that just live up to expectations.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-18, 04:17 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,088
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Olentangy transfer OL/DL Rodas Johnson is likely out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the Hartley game on 10/12. Westerville North transfer quarterback Reno Godfrey is out for the season with a broken ankle suffered in the Covington Catholic game on 09/21. Olentangy transfer SS/RB Joey Velazquez is quarterbacking the team. Olentangy transfer QB Cole Silvestri was a senior last season.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-18, 04:21 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,881
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Region 11 teams are rooting for u Winton Woods
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-18, 04:25 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,428
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Oh and Blue it is Fredrick with no s lol!!!

Love it though because when Charlie was AD at Greenhills HS we all called him Mr. Fredricks!

Charlie is a good dude.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um I still call him that!! Lol
He is a good man!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-18, 04:26 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,428
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Region 11 teams are rooting for u Winton Woods

Why is that?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-18, 04:26 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
That's what I was referring to. Maybe it won't be, but I just can't reconcile the fact that DeSales lost to Mooney. Mooney is a bad football team.
That was early in the season, a week after they beat a decent Lancaster squad. They played Hartley close and Hartley is no slooch.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-18, 04:27 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Olentangy transfer OL/DL Rodas Johnson is likely out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the Hartley game on 10/12. Westerville North transfer quarterback Reno Godfrey is out for the season with a broken ankle suffered in the Covington Catholic game on 09/21. Olentangy transfer SS/RB Joey Velazquez is quarterbacking the team. Olentangy transfer QB Cole Silvestri was a senior last season.
Ouch. I hate injuries and bad weather.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-18, 04:43 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,088
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Why is that?
Wounded or not, most of the other region 11 teams would prefer that DeSales stays home for the playoffs. I think Raider is an Athens guy, and his team would slip into the #8 spot with a DeSales loss. And he's probably also rooting for Hoover so that his #8 team plays someone who is not Hartley week 11.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-18, 05:05 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,428
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Wounded or not, most of the other region 11 teams would prefer that DeSales stays home for the playoffs. I think Raider is an Athens guy, and his team would slip into the #8 spot with a DeSales loss. And he's probably also rooting for Hoover so that his #8 team plays someone who is not Hartley week 11.
Ok. That makes alot of since.WW will be playing a very motivated Desales team. Would you say Desales is one of the better teams in there region?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-18, 05:20 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,881
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Wounded or not, most of the other region 11 teams would prefer that DeSales stays home for the playoffs. I think Raider is an Athens guy, and his team would slip into the #8 spot with a DeSales loss. And he's probably also rooting for Hoover so that his #8 team plays someone who is not Hartley week 11.
Yes much rather play Granville or Bellbrook
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-15-18, 06:11 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 2,088
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Would you say Desales is one of the better teams in there region?
Yes. Drew Pasteur puts them at #2 in the region, #8 in the division. I think they're top 4 in the region without a doubt. Not as strong as last year's team at this point. You guys can probably expect a similar or better outcome in your favor. Running clock most of the second half, if not all of it. Don't compare them to the other three loss private team in your region; they're no LaSalle. But they're no Chillicothe either.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-15-18, 08:44 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
Olentangy transfer OL/DL Rodas Johnson is likely out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the Hartley game on 10/12. Westerville North transfer quarterback Reno Godfrey is out for the season with a broken ankle suffered in the Covington Catholic game on 09/21. Olentangy transfer SS/RB Joey Velazquez is quarterbacking the team. Olentangy transfer QB Cole Silvestri was a senior last season.
Is Velazquez still playing defense also?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-15-18, 09:54 PM
W@rrior 11 W@rrior 11 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-14-09
Location: Cincinnati & Charlotte
Posts: 576
W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16 and a lot more
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-15-18, 11:37 PM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,363
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
I dont know why Im enjoying this season more than last season.
Me too, I know they still have weapons that have not been fully utilized on offense.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-18, 09:08 AM
JetSweepAudible22 JetSweepAudible22 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-19-15
Posts: 277
JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods rolls on.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-16-18, 09:15 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Young teams that overachieve are more fun than veteran teams that just live up to expectations.
No. I dont think its about overachieving. They arent overachieving, the team is just meeting the expectations. I think its about players emerging as stars and leaders. Stepping up. Not rebuilding but reloading.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-16-18, 09:23 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Me too, I know they still have weapons that have not been fully utilized on offense.
Watching the team this season, I thought that we got a little too cute at times offensively. Then I suspect Coach Parker stepped in and we got back to being physical. Demeer Blankumsee is electric and you never know whats going to happen when he touches the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-16-18, 10:11 AM
mrsimp06 mrsimp06 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-11
Posts: 1,363
mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Watching the team this season, I thought that we got a little too cute at times offensively. Then I suspect Coach Parker stepped in and we got back to being physical. Demeer Blankumsee is electric and you never know whats going to happen when he touches the ball.
Agreed, the 2 most surprising things to me is Grace's play in the back 7 and diversity at receiver at some point Prince is going to go off for a monster game.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-16-18, 10:30 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,564
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Agreed, the 2 most surprising things to me is Grace's play in the back 7 and diversity at receiver at some point Prince is going to go off for a monster game.
Grace is big time. I watch him closely and he is serious. I cant understand how he didnt start in the secondary last season. But the biggest surprise to me is #11 CB Tyquan Fleming. Hes out there on an island going to battle. I knew these guys were waiting in the wings but i didnt realize just how hungry and talented they were. There are still a couple of young men coming up that will be special.

As far as the recievers, they are a scary group. I knew #5 Brown was good because he showed flashes last season. He has made receptions in every game and he beat two defenders on his TD at Elder. A lot of posters were talking about how Elder only needed to contain Williams to win and we all knew if a team sells out to contain #28, our skill guys are going to hurt you. #12 BJ Bryant exploded on Bishop Chatard. As far as Prince goes, I think he tries to do a bit too much when he gets his hands on the ball. Gotta be patient and let the game come to you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-16-18, 10:35 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,428
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Agreed, the 2 most surprising things to me is Grace's play in the back 7 and diversity at receiver at some point Prince is going to go off for a monster game.
I knew about Grace coming in as Freshman. The thing with him was maturing and deciding to do the right things to be able to play. He has come full circle. He is committed to being a very good student also.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division II Schedules EagleFan Football 41 10-20-18 10:42 PM
2018 Division III Schedules EagleFan Football 24 10-20-18 10:42 PM
All State? Old Wildcat Football 22 12-01-17 08:30 AM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Archives 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz