Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-17, 08:43 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 9: Salem Quakers (5-3, 2-3) at Louisville Leopards (4-4, 4-1)

Thoughts on this one?

Salem shutout Minerva at home last week 36-0 and Louisville earned a solid 38-21 win at West Branch.

Fantastic 50 has Leopards by 10 http://fantastic50.net/team197.html

Varsity Result

Salem 43, Louisville 35

Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. Salem Quakers All-Time Football Series

Past Video Highlights

VARSITY

1992 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers Football Highlights & Recap

1993 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2011 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2012 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers Football Highlights & Recap

2013 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Football Highlights & Recap

2014 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers Football Highlights & Recap

2015 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers Football Video Highlights & Recap

JV

2011 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers JV Football Video Highlights, Pictures, & Recap

2012 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2015 Louisville Leopards at Salem Quakers JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

2016 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards JV Football Video Highlights & Recap

FRESHMAN

2012 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Freshman Video Highlights & Recap

2014 Salem Quakers at Louisville Leopards Freshman Video Highlights & Recap

Last edited by LeopardNation; 10-21-17 at 01:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-17, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
I couldn't stand the fact this thread received 0 responses to date, Marlington/WB seems to be a hot topic, so I decided to kickoff this thread. Instead of talking about a result prediction in score I'm going with how many personal fouls or cheap shots will Rob Johnson's boys' have this week? I will go with three.
Old 10-17-17, 12:36 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
going with the over. lol
Old 10-17-17, 01:17 PM
All American

dig it is on a distinguished road
When Salem is losing, they are either giving cheap shots or whining, but they do have a talented quarterback. Good luck to Louisville.
Old 10-17-17, 04:37 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
We could celebrate cheap shots...with cheap shots...coach is buying.
Old 10-17-17, 05:04 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
I think Louisville is hitting their stride, maybe a little too late. Too bad they couldn't flip their schedule. I like the Leopards by 35 but I hope it's more, not a big fan of salem's coaching staff and the way they play the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-17, 05:09 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I couldn't stand the fact this thread received 0 responses to date, Marlington/WB seems to be a hot topic, so I decided to kickoff this thread. Instead of talking about a result prediction in score I'm going with how many personal fouls or cheap shots will Rob Johnson's boys' have this week? I will go with three.

3??? They got 2 on one play against Minerva late in the 4th quarter with a 36-0 lead. I say they will get 6 for 90 yards.. there was also the snap that went 30 yards over the holder's head- the score was 29-0, sure did look fishy to stay away from a continuous clock- nice fake punt up 29 too!!

Old 10-17-17, 05:41 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
I don't know if they are hitting their stride or the coaches finally game planned and put them in a position to win.
Old 10-17-17, 05:54 PM
All Region

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I've been waiting since 10:30 last Friday night for Nation to get this thread up and going. I get that everyone we play is going to straddle the line of what is considered running the score up and some teams have even taken it to the threshold of 'not so sportsman" like but the folks and administration of Salem should be flat out embarrassed. And dare I say ashamed of that piece of garbage head coach of theirs. I know you had to pretend that you are a bad azz head coach, coaching a bad azz high school football team but to have 5 personal fouls and an unsportsmanlike conduct on an assistant coach? That in itself is repulsive but to run a fake punt when your up 30 some points at the end of the 3rd quarter, hard counts in the 4th quarter, starters in till the 2 minute mark of the 4th up 35 (when we clearly had our young guys in) going for it on every 4th down possession in the 4th by throwing jump balls into the end zone to your 8ft reciever is just as classless as it gets. But that wasn't enough for you coach Johnson was it? You score a touchdown to go up 29-0 on your first possession in the second half and all your kicking team has to do is boot the point after through the uprights and that will get you a 30-0 lead and a running clock. Amazingly the try after failed. It's not like the snap was bobbled or the kick was doinked off the upright now. The try after was intentionally botched so you could continue your feable attempt at being that bad azz coach that you have fraudulently convinced yourself that you are. By the way Salem folks, spare me the idiotic excuse that it wasn't done unintentionally. When was the last time anyone saw a point after snapped so high and so hard that it landed on the 30 yard line in the air. That's a 21 yard over snap on a PAT. If there is any football justice in the world to be had, I pray that Louisville walks the dog on Salem and beats them by 70. Lets see what a bad azz you are against Louisville this week you loser.
Old 10-17-17, 06:11 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Attended the Alliance Louisville game and saw the Salem Alliance game on WHBC replay. Louisville will win this by at least 2 TD's. Salem has a soft defense and Louisville Sophomore QB will tear them up. Personally don't understand Ron John. Watching the Alliance game on TV was Hilarious. Salem running double reverse passes, and throwing fades on Alliances 2nd 3rd string defense then whined and complain about alliance going for two to make it a running clock at the end. Seth Whiting deserves a medal for taking it to Ron John! People want to blame Alliance and Marlington for ruining the NBC and kicking Louisville out of the league, nope. Salem was a big culprit due to the man on the sidelines at Reilly Stadium....
Old 10-17-17, 10:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
I don't know if they are hitting their stride or the coaches finally game planned and put them in a position to win.

Either way they seem to be improving, just like every other year. One thing Louisville has always had is discipline. That alone will give them an instant advantage over Salem. Good luck to Louisville in this one..

Old 10-17-17, 10:20 PM
All Ohio

I see my comments were the catalyst this thread needed! Lynus Bud's corner anytime my friend!
Old 10-17-17, 10:24 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Attended the Alliance Louisville game and saw the Salem Alliance game on WHBC replay. Louisville will win this by at least 2 TD's. Salem has a soft defense and Louisville Sophomore QB will tear them up. Personally don't understand Ron John. Watching the Alliance game on TV was Hilarious. Salem running double reverse passes, and throwing fades on Alliances 2nd 3rd string defense then whined and complain about alliance going for two to make it a running clock at the end. Seth Whiting deserves a medal for taking it to Ron John! People want to blame Alliance and Marlington for ruining the NBC and kicking Louisville out of the league, nope. Salem was a big culprit due to the man on the sidelines at Reilly Stadium....

He definitely is not a personal favorite coach of mine to say the least.
Old 10-17-17, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
I've been waiting since 10:30 last Friday night for Nation to get this thread up and going. I get that everyone we play is going to straddle the line of what is considered running the score up and some teams have even taken it to the threshold of 'not so sportsman" like but the folks and administration of Salem should be flat out embarrassed. And dare I say ashamed of that piece of garbage head coach of theirs. I know you had to pretend that you are a bad azz head coach, coaching a bad azz high school football team but to have 5 personal fouls and an unsportsmanlike conduct on an assistant coach? That in itself is repulsive but to run a fake punt when your up 30 some points at the end of the 3rd quarter, hard counts in the 4th quarter, starters in till the 2 minute mark of the 4th up 35 (when we clearly had our young guys in) going for it on every 4th down possession in the 4th by throwing jump balls into the end zone to your 8ft reciever is just as classless as it gets. But that wasn't enough for you coach Johnson was it? You score a touchdown to go up 29-0 on your first possession in the second half and all your kicking team has to do is boot the point after through the uprights and that will get you a 30-0 lead and a running clock. Amazingly the try after failed. It's not like the snap was bobbled or the kick was doinked off the upright now. The try after was intentionally botched so you could continue your feable attempt at being that bad azz coach that you have fraudulently convinced yourself that you are. By the way Salem folks, spare me the idiotic excuse that it wasn't done unintentionally. When was the last time anyone saw a point after snapped so high and so hard that it landed on the 30 yard line in the air. That's a 21 yard over snap on a PAT. If there is any football justice in the world to be had, I pray that Louisville walks the dog on Salem and beats them by 70. Lets see what a bad azz you are against Louisville this week you loser.
King I hope you are directing or I should say venting your frustration toward Coach Johnson, and not me. I'm a Louisville guy...
Old 10-17-17, 10:29 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think at this point you are happy to see progression and building blocks for next year. Playoffs are out of the question, but pride, fight, and moving forward to the future are key finishing the season out. I'm not worried about this game. But I do have reservations about playing CS at their place to finish the season. Not attempting to look ahead, just thinking Demarco will try to smash Salem since this should be the final time these two teams face each other. Rightfully so.
Old 10-17-17, 10:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
3??? They got 2 on one play against Minerva late in the 4th quarter with a 36-0 lead. I say they will get 6 for 90 yards.. there was also the snap that went 30 yards over the holder's head- the score was 29-0, sure did look fishy to stay away from a continuous clock- nice fake punt up 29 too!!

I was throwing the trey out there for a starting point! If Johnson farts the refs should give him an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Old 10-18-17, 05:13 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Louisville wins by 3td's.

42-21.
Old 10-18-17, 08:09 AM
All Region

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
King I hope you are directing or I should say venting your frustration toward Coach Johnson, and not me. I'm a Louisville guy...
Oh heavens no coach, none of my tirade was directed at you. You brought up Ron John and right now that name is my hot button. He wanted more than just a win last Friday night and he is epitomizes everything that's wrong with high school athletics. By the way coach, anyone who participates on yappi knows you are a die hard Leo fan. Like I said, hope Leps blow this game out.
Old 10-18-17, 08:43 AM
All District

Lion40 is on a distinguished road
King, if you think that was bad wait till this Friday....I bet Alliance is going run it up big time. The Johnston kid is closing on 2000 yds rushing and bet your arse he is gonna get it
Old 10-18-17, 11:48 AM
All Ohio

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
Oh heavens no coach, none of my tirade was directed at you. You brought up Ron John and right now that name is my hot button. He wanted more than just a win last Friday night and he is epitomizes everything that's wrong with high school athletics. By the way coach, anyone who participates on yappi knows you are a die hard Leo fan. Like I said, hope Leps blow this game out.
Old 10-18-17, 07:03 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
The WHBC Sports "Behind the Athlete" Segment hosted by Jon Bozeka is an excellent video series highlighting successful student athletes!

This week's featured athlete is Louisville's Kory Arner and you can view it here:

WHBC Behind the Athlete Week 10: Kory Arner
Old 10-19-17, 08:00 AM
All American

The defense has to show up these last 2 weeks, and most definitely has something to play for. 12 points shy of a record you don't want to break. Individual players have shown improvement to date but that side of the ball is without a doubt our problem area that needs to be addressed through the end of this season and ALL off season. Very talented and experienced group coming back and coming up on offense. Can't throw that away with pis poor defense.
Old 10-19-17, 08:44 AM
All Region

savage4president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
Anyone that thinks the end of the NBC was other than the crybabies from Salem, and W.B. really need an awakening! Those two wimps were the culprits, and got everyone to go along or they would have left and started their own league. I for one, think the ADs should have said bye bye to those two!
Old 10-19-17, 09:45 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let's not get too excited about the last 3 wins...I also read Demarcos comments in the game clip today in the Canton Rep. I think he actually believes great strides have been made, and they are back on track.

In reality, the defense is quite frankly among the worst we ever had and that has not improved much at all. What we have seen the past 3 weeks is weak competition not improvement or adjustments by the Leps!!!

This mentality in my opinion and the coaches believing everything is great when in reality its great against weaker competition is exactly what is wrong with the program and not just in football.
Old 10-19-17, 10:22 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He definitely is not a personal favorite coach of mine to say the least.
The guys a jerk... Leps better be ready.. The game got real dirty 2 years ago I recall with a host of personal fouls on both sides.

I remember Johnson actually going after Falcone near their sideline after he laid someone out on a punt return. I think Lep nation posted the clip here back then..may have been fun to see him lay Johnson out..I spoke to him and other players after about this and the profanity they said Johnson was calling them is not what any coach should be calling other players.

Go Leps!!
Old 10-19-17, 10:56 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Johnson isn’t well liked anywhere. Lol
Old 10-19-17, 11:34 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I always thought Salem and coach Johnson played us the way they do because we get them so late in the season that a loss knocks them out of the playoffs. Just like it will tomorrow night, so we’ll probably see more of the same. The 2015 game was especially dirty because they were 8-0 and came in with their chests all puffed out. Game was never close and ended in a running clock. Johnson was out on the field several times that game and I agree Falcone was probably the last guy on that team you would want to confront! I still don’t know why he never puts his backups in even if he is winning or losing big. Just seems to be an all around buffoon.
Old 10-19-17, 12:00 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Wow! I feel like I'm revisiting a Canton McKinley thread from 7 or 8 years ago. (lol) I understand how people feel about Johnson but personally I liked the way he coached. Minus the personal fouls. lol
Old 10-19-17, 12:04 PM
All American

We could have coach buy the "cheap shots" at Bud's before the game and sit on the visitors side and harass the hell out of him the whole game....maybe we could make the "tailgating with alcohol" thread🍻.
Old 10-19-17, 12:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynus24 View Post
we could have coach buy the "cheap shots" at bud's before the game and sit on the visitors side and harass the hell out of him the whole game....maybe we could make the "tailgating with alcohol" thread��.
+2