Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-01-16, 02:12 PM
All District

Hornetfan16 is on a distinguished road
Monroe @ Valley View

Coming off a much needed win against Eaton 31-14 behind Bannister's 3 TDs, Valley View beat Bellbrook 43-14 behind 419 total yards offense. I think this is a winnable game for us however we'll have to stop Genslinger. We play Valley View like we have the last 2 years and we'll be fine. Bannister must get the ball much more for this game. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-16, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I think Monroe matches up athletically with Valley View. I'm just not sure about the oline and dline. Although they have played better as of late. The hornets need a down field passing game. Teams are just sitting in the flats. Bannister will have to have a great game and the defense I think has to hold Valley View under 17 pts. Defense played very well last night but Valley is a different animal. I think the hornets can win.

21-14 hornets.
Old 10-01-16, 03:47 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
I have a hard time reading Monroe. VV 28-7
Old 10-01-16, 06:22 PM
All District

Thatsatouchdown is on a distinguished road
Valley is going to throttle monroe 35-7.
Old 10-01-16, 06:48 PM
All Ohio

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
VV rolls big in this one. Not sure why in the blowout wins against Dixie and again last night we have our first team in,particularly Genslinger? There is absolutely no reason to take those types of unnecessary risk especially with a kid who has yet to play a full season.
Old 10-01-16, 08:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVSpartanalum View Post
VV rolls big in this one. Not sure why in the blowout wins against Dixie and again last night we have our first team in,particularly Genslinger? There is absolutely no reason to take those types of unnecessary risk especially with a kid who has yet to play a full season.
Agreed! I was critical this week of Franklin doing the same thing to try to boost your stats I assume. It's just not a good idea especially if you're looking at the playoff run. Yes Genslinger needs to be in and out of the game unless needed!
Old 10-01-16, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Monroe has some talent but VV has more.
If VV plays to potential
VV 42-10

If they sleepwalk
VV 28-21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-16, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

Hornets will need to play great defense to win. Offense is not consistent. They can break some big plays but just no consistency. Defense looked very fast last week. The linebackers 35 Page and 32 Bohannon are athletic and can bring it. Having Cedric and Bannister at the safety positions helps. The key for the hornets is the dline and oline, if they play well they have a good chance at winning.

Is Genslinger playing FB now at VV?
Old 10-02-16, 12:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
Hornets will need to play great defense to win. Offense is not consistent. They can break some big plays but just no consistency. Defense looked very fast last week. The linebackers 35 Page and 32 Bohannon are athletic and can bring it. Having Cedric and Bannister at the safety positions helps. The key for the hornets is the dline and oline, if they play well they have a good chance at winning.

Is Genslinger playing FB now at VV?
Cedric is at safety? If in not mistaken he was a defensive lineman last year. That's quite a transition. Bannister has been putting up very good numbers and he's an individual I'm curious to see play this year. Yes Genslingers been playing.
Old 10-02-16, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
Cedric is at safety? If in not mistaken he was a defensive lineman last year. That's quite a transition. Bannister has been putting up very good numbers and he's an individual I'm curious to see play this year. Yes Genslingers been playing.
Cedric has been at safety the last 3 weeks. Osterman is now full time quarterback and hasn't played safety since. Cedric is very quick and can cover a lot of ground. Might see him at corner a little bit.

The defense has been in the 4-2-5, 3-3 stack, and now the 3-4. The hornets look much better in the 3-4. Offense needs to put up some points ultimately.
Old 10-02-16, 08:14 PM
All District

WHATS_the_MML? is on a distinguished road
How has Osterman played? They seem to be playing better as a team. Does he bring the guys together or is it the coaching staff?
Old 10-02-16, 08:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATS_the_MML? View Post
How has Osterman played? They seem to be playing better as a team. Does he bring the guys together or is it the coaching staff?
Osterman is doing well for what they are asking him to do. I think once he gets another off season to get bigger, faster, and stronger he can be something special. He has the football IQ and all the intangibles.

The hornets have played lesser competition which has helped but this team played with confidence on Friday which I was impressed with. If they can play up to there potential and catch some breaks they can win the next 4 games. A lot would have to go right for that to happen but there is a reason they play the games.

Monroe has played Valley View well the last two seasons so I hope that continues.
Old 10-02-16, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

Not sure if VV and Monroe played before 2005 but here is a series history

2005 Region Finals: Hornets 35-21, probably one of the top 5 moments in Hornet history.
2006: VV 54-27
2007: VV 24-14
2008: VV 28-0
2009: Monroe 41-26
2010: VV 44-32
2011: Monroe 18-14
2012: VV 22-0
2013: VV 56-21
2014: Monroe 30-0
2015: Monroe 22-6
Old 10-03-16, 02:00 AM
Freshman

BBNTN23 is on a distinguished road
The Coaching staff? Absolutely terrible. If I'm not mistaken, a coach should be building up the players, not breaking them down. The seniors on this team have mostly played together since Pee Wee. This is why they play better as a team. They have excellent leadership and we have personally heard some of these boys encourage the others, even picking up other players for summer practices.
it has nothing to do with this coaching staff.
Overheard a conversation that the coaches were giving up on this year. That they will be benching most of the starters to season the Sophmores and Juniors. Well, Fridays game proved to be true.
Is the coaching staff not suppose to be helping these boys with recruitment? Many of the starters that were benched or out for most of the game, were players that have either had offers, or have had interests. Most of these players are not even playing in their usual positions. I noticed several of these players walk off the field emotional and disappointed. Some angry and some extremely emotional. These boys knew that any game could mean eyes in the stands could very well be scouts, some even told by coaches at combines that they would be attending their games for observation. It's even more shameful since there were Scouts at this game.
There were players on that field that never participated in weights during the summer, and would attend attend practice whenever they felt like it. I doubt this would fly at schools with coaches that give a damn. What message does that send to the players that were completely dedicated, not missing a day. To the ones that participated and traveled for combines? This team played together due to the upper classmen that were dedicated and were family before stepping on that field. These coaches are taking away from the starting Seniors that have worked so hard to get where they are, some even currently having offers. The coaches decision to "season their Sophmore and Junior players, may cost some of the Seniors their offers to play at a higher level. We have never been more disappointed in a coaching staff. There is absolutely no effort being made to help these boys with recruitment. It's a damn shame.

Old 10-03-16, 07:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBNTN23 View Post
The Coaching staff? Absolutely terrible. If I'm not mistaken, a coach should be building up the players, not breaking them down. The seniors on this team have mostly played together since Pee Wee. This is why they play better as a team. They have excellent leadership and we have personally heard some of these boys encourage the others, even picking up other players for summer practices.
Overheard a conversation that the coaches were giving up on this year. That they will be benching most of the starters to season the Sophmores and Juniors. Well, Fridays game proved to be true.
Is the coaching staff not suppose to be helping these boys with recruitment? Many of the starters that were benched or out for most of the game, were players that have either had offers, or have had interests. Most of these players are not even playing in their usual positions. I noticed several of these players walk off the field emotional and disappointed. Some angry and some extremely emotional. These boys knew that any game could mean eyes in the stands could very well be scouts, some even told by coaches at combines that they would be attending their games for observation. It's even more shameful since there were Scouts at this game.
There were players on that field that never participated in weights during the summer, and would attend attend practice whenever they felt like it. I doubt this would fly at schools with coaches that give a damn. What message does that send to the players that were completely dedicated, not missing a day. To the ones that participated and traveled for combines? This team played together due to the upper classmen that were dedicated and were family before stepping on that field. These coaches are taking away from the starting Seniors that have worked so hard to get where they are, some even currently having offers. The coaches decision to "season their Sophmore and Junior players, may cost some of the Seniors their offers to play at a higher level. We have never been more disappointed in a coaching staff. There is absolutely no effort being made to help these boys with recruitment. It's a damn shame.

So which one is your kid?

Old 10-03-16, 08:32 AM
All Ohio

The Only senior player that didnt play was Hillebrand. this week was his first week at practice after an injury. Other than that, Bannister played almost every down of the game, Cedric played a lot both ways, Cameron Blair played mostly defense and had a great game, Morris played till he was injured, Rogers played every down at corner, Ryan Grant played mostly at tight end and some on defense, and i think Kiser played on Offense. Fannin played both ways. Amaya has been injured since week 2, a shame: kid is a heck of a kicker.

This senior class has 10 kids i believe and just about all of them played a lot.
The hornets don't have the depth to sit valuable players to develop.
Old 10-03-16, 01:15 PM
Freshman

BBNTN23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
So which one is your kid?

My nephew, so yes, I follow closely
Old 10-03-16, 01:50 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Last week's win over Bellbrook was a big response from VV. Compared to past seasons when they began their downward spiral, the Spartans responded to their loss against Franklin in a positive way. Matheson returning was a big boost, Genslinger had a huge night. If VV can stay focused and healthy, I see them beating Monroe handily. I'll say:

Valley View 42
Monroe 21
Old 10-03-16, 04:45 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Monroe has been playing a lot better the last 2 weeks. Moving Ced from D-line to DB was long overdue and makes them a better defense. They will have to pass a lot to beat/hang with VV tho. That MLB Hannah for VV is a stud. I think this game is a lot closer than people think but VV wins at home 28-20.

Sounds like the uncles nephew must be Hildebrand "possibly". As the other poster stated the seniors are playing a lot and deserve it. Once he gets healthy Im sure he will be back out there.
Old 10-03-16, 07:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Buckeye513 is on a distinguished road
Hillebrand is obviously still injured so i doubt they would complain at all.
Old 10-04-16, 12:44 AM
Freshman

Swinging74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBNTN23 View Post

I highly doubt that the coaching staff has pulled up tents on this season. They are still very much alive for the league title, I'm pretty sure that they are preparing the TEAM for that goal first and formost. I've been following the hornets for 4yrs now and have observed many things over that time. To let you all know I am a former coach of 23yrs before health reasons forced me to hang up my whistle. On the recruiting aspect, coaches have a roll in the process but it is not as big as many think. The majority of the process is from the player and parents. When it comes to having coaches in the stands to scout potential recruits, good for them for doing their job. The coaches on the sidelines have a job to do as well. It's called winning that game for that particular week. If the player is as good as everyone says or thinks they are I'm sure that player would be on the field. If there is someone performing better at the time then guess what! That player is on the field instead. I've been reading a lot of everyones post on this site recently and it is clear that a lot of you do not like this staff for whatever reason. A lot of the problems that I see however are on the field. I see a lot of missed blocks, backs not hitting the holes and/or not running as hard as it seems they should and inaccurate passing and/or dropped balls hitting the hands of the receivers. That's just on offense. Defense, it seems that there are players at the point of attack but fail to make the tackle for several reasons(head down, not wrapping up or not driving through the ball carrier. The DB's have been caught looking in the backfield and letting their man get behind them mostly for scores. I see a lot of playing back on their heals instead of being in attack phase(on the toes) and just simple alignment issues. Now with all that being said, the team has started to look better over the past few weeks and last weeks second half was fun to watch. This is a TEAM sport and not one player is bigger than the TEAM. If there is a player that was not happy and excited about the win last Friday and the opportunity to still be in the hunt for a league title then they are apart of the problem. Not the coaches. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it. Either way, I'm looking forward to watching the game on Friday and hopibg for a hornets win.
Old 10-07-16, 09:21 AM
All Ohio

Game day.. going to be a nice evening at Barker Field after everything that's been talked about this week.

VV - 34
Monroe - 16

VV will be leading 21-16 after three and Genslinger will take over for the back breaking scores

Old 10-07-16, 10:10 AM
All District

SWBLFball is on a distinguished road
I think the fact that Monroe has beaten VV the past few years will give Monroe enough confidence to stay in the game longer than they should and maybe come out with a W. I can see 2 ways the ballgame could go: VV blows Monroe out 42-8, or Monroe wins by less than 7 31-26.
Old 10-07-16, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

I think the Hornets need to hold the View under 17 Points. With that said i am taking the Hornets 20-14. I think the Hornets may even need a special teams score. The Hornets will need to be able to pass the ball as well. And of course stop Genslinger!
Old 10-07-16, 06:22 PM
All Ohio

13-0 VV middle of first. VV went for two and failed

Old 10-07-16, 06:46 PM
All Ohio

27-0 VV early Second.

Old 10-07-16, 06:50 PM
Junior Varsity

HornetAlum is on a distinguished road
The Zebras and Spartans combining for an excellent first half performance for the home town fans. This is pathetic. The Spartans are the better team, but this homer job is downright pathetic. Hopefully Leach reports this crew to the state.
Old 10-07-16, 06:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetAlum View Post
The Zebras and Spartans combining for an excellent first half performance for the home town fans. This is pathetic. The Spartans are the better team, but this homer job is downright pathetic. Hopefully Leach reports this crew to the state.

I don't think refs are responsible for 34-0 in the second and completely shutting down your best threat. But whatever helps you sleep at night

Old 10-07-16, 06:57 PM
Junior Varsity

HornetAlum is on a distinguished road
It definitely wouldn't change the score. Valley View would be winning big either way.
Old 10-07-16, 06:59 PM
All Ohio

Matherson for VV is all over the field