Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-19-19, 02:40 AM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
His name has been thrown out a lot on here specifically by you. His experience alone is still only 5-6 years? Would he even seriously consider a head coaching opening right now? Who knows. He is a good young talent that seems to want to ascend to that position one day from rumor. Regardless, Troy’s staff is seriously loaded with experience and knowledge. I would even go as far as saying they are the best complete staff in the Dayton area of all divisions. That may not be a popular opinion but these guys are legit. Not sure if anyone would leave with what Troy has set up at this time.
Told you we agree on other things. I've said for the last two years to others that Troy has the best staff in the GWOC..... now the best in the MVL. Even urged our DC to get with them in the off season to discuss defending the run. Their defense is by far the best against the run and the best overall. Their offense is balanced and extremely good. They are very well coached in all facets of the game. In the last 3 years they are 20 - 0 against MVL teams by a score of 738 - 218. That is domination. Troy would be good with the staff they have even if they did not have the highest male enrollment in the MVL. It is almost unfair to give them that advantage also ... LOL. I wouldn't expect Wright to leave for a while, he has very young kids at home.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 01-19-19 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-19-19, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMVET1947 View Post
What have you heard about Tyler Wright thatís makes you feel that strongly? Great to hear since itís just reiterating Troyís great assistants! Just curious in youíre point of view? Offense was sharp this season, minus the butler game where Troys special teams and defense took over. Not saying he wouldnít but just curious. With your user name Iím assuming you were in Troy around 05. Wright graduated in 09. Any connection there of knowing him as a player??
I do know Tyler, yes but thatís not what I think heíd be a good coach. Itís simple really... because he is a good coach! An excellent one really. He knows his stuff. And if you remember, I am also the person On here years ago that said ppl should be lining up to hire Shane Carter. He not only has done great things for Northwestern, he won coach of the year honors. So just trust I know when a coach is a good coach.
Old 01-19-19, 12:09 PM
Freshman

AMVET1947 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I do know Tyler, yes but thatís not what I think heíd be a good coach. Itís simple really... because he is a good coach! An excellent one really. He knows his stuff. And if you remember, I am also the person On here years ago that said ppl should be lining up to hire Shane Carter. He not only has done great things for Northwestern, he won coach of the year honors. So just trust I know when a coach is a good coach.
I was just curious from you POV. Those are all good things to hear.
Old 01-21-19, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Anyone have any news ?
Old 01-23-19, 09:02 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
One thing that might make this a quicker search is that there is already a history teaching position open at the school
Old 01-23-19, 01:46 PM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
One thing that might make this a quicker search is that there is already a history teaching position open at the school
Well, now you just have to find a history teacher & make him/her the head coach.
Old 01-23-19, 06:18 PM
Varsity

jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Well, now you just have to find a history teacher & make him/her the head coach.
Make sure they can defend the "MYTHICAL" RPO....
Old 01-23-19, 10:53 PM
Junior Varsity

jblotter56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Lol. I was thinking the same thing. Never can understand how someone can get a supplemental coaching position and then a school gives them their career position. I have seen good coaches that are terrible teachers. Education always comes first and Tipp has s going to fill the coaching spot first. A social studies position is not even listed right now.
Old 01-23-19, 11:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Really I would like to get an explanation for this post because itís false.
Old 01-24-19, 08:54 AM
Varsity

jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblotter56 View Post
Lol. I was thinking the same thing. Never can understand how someone can get a supplemental coaching position and then a school gives them their career position. I have seen good coaches that are terrible teachers. Education always comes first and Tipp has s going to fill the coaching spot first. A social studies position is not even listed right now.
Coaching IS teaching. I've been in education and coaching for a while. NEVER met a good coach who isn't a good teacher and vice versa.
Old 01-24-19, 10:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Really I would like to get an explanation for this post because itís false.
Garret Morris a history teacher at Tipp was let go earlier in the year, that position is being filled by a long-term sub at the moment. It is not false
Old 01-24-19, 11:04 AM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatt6879 View Post
Coaching IS teaching. I've been in education and coaching for a while. NEVER met a good coach who isn't a good teacher and vice versa.
Ditto. But I have known good coaches who are LAZY teachers. The best coaches I've known where good teachers as well. Tipp will require good teachers but I don't think they will sacrifice that just to bring in a Head Coach. Schools rarely anymore create positions for coaches with money being tight, concerns with education, etc.
Old 01-24-19, 02:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Garret Morris a history teacher at Tipp was let go earlier in the year, that position is being filled by a long-term sub at the moment. It is not false
Yes it is. There is currently not an opening. That teacher did resign but they don’t have it posted and probably won’t until well beyond they hire the football coach. I can’t see any school telling a coach they hire that they will give them a future teaching position without knowing how they are as a teacher.

Last edited by jblotter56; 01-24-19 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-24-19, 02:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Yes it is. There is currently not an opening. That teacher did resign but they donít have it posted and probably wonít until well beyond they hire the football coach. I canít see any school telling a coach they hire that they will give them a future teaching position without knowing how they are as a teacher.
You realize that during the interview process that usually Principal and/or Department Chair will ask questions regarding teaching their subject (usually 2nd round). Plus, all coaching candidates have to provide references that the school will check with and usually require TEACHING references. This obviously does not apply if a teaching position is not required. One of the reasons for the delay at Miamisburg is probably trying to match candidates to teaching and avoid creating something.
As far as the position being posted, do not know Tipp's union contract but they very well can post whenever they want. They could wait until this is done.
Old 01-24-19, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You really are the worst. I bet the powers that be at Tipp wish you would shut your gossipy mouth.
Old 01-24-19, 09:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
You really are the worst. I bet the powers that be at Tipp wish you would shut your gossipy mouth.
Not good to mention names like that although I did wonder what happened to him after SNL.
Any rumors on when Interviews may start?
Old 01-24-19, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatt6879 View Post
Yea. Back when I was in high school our coaches were excellent shop, drivers Ed, and gym teachers.
Old 01-24-19, 10:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Iím the worst because I said the name of the teacher? The same teacher that A local news paper wrote a story about? So that means the newspaper must really be the worst of the worst too right?
Old 01-24-19, 10:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Not good to mention names like that although I did wonder what happened to him after SNL.
Any rumors on when Interviews may start?
The teachers name was released in the newspaper when it happend. Therefore itís public information and Iím not saying anything new
Old 01-24-19, 10:26 PM
All American

https://www.tdn-net.com/news/50738/t...er-resignation
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.whi...RlMLO/amp.html
Old 01-24-19, 10:40 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Youíre the worst because you work in a school system and canít wait to come on here and spout off Tipps dirty laundry. You name names and bash coaches like Derge, but youíre anonymous. Youíve got all the answers for Tipp but none of the responsibility. Make no mistake, youíre a detriment to Tipp City.
Old 01-25-19, 08:26 AM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Youíre the worst because you work in a school system and canít wait to come on here and spout off Tipps dirty laundry. You name names and bash coaches like Derge, but youíre anonymous. Youíve got all the answers for Tipp but none of the responsibility. Make no mistake, youíre a detriment to Tipp City.

Couldnít agree more!!!!!
Old 01-25-19, 08:35 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
I see what you did there...well played!
Old 01-25-19, 08:47 AM
All American

Quote:
I donít work for the school bud
Old 01-25-19, 10:15 AM
Junior Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
My inside source is actually keeping things close to his vest, but he did confirm a few guys that were on the list that they wanted to contact to gauge their interest. He did confirm that Hyatt was actually on the list, but it was a spelling error. The guy they were looking for was Wyatt of out of Northwest Ohio.

Last edited by Barbershoptalk; 01-25-19 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-25-19, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ahmen! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-25-19, 12:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I don’t work for the school bud
God! Stop lying bud. If your 21 and live in Wilmington why such the interest even if you went to Tipp. If you don’t work in Tipp then someone that works there must be FaceTiming you every minute with new gossip.
Old 01-25-19, 01:44 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
He probably works for Tipp but as a trainer or something where technically he is not paid by Tipp but in reality it is for sure a Tipp guy.
Old 01-25-19, 03:50 PM
All District

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
We all must be out of the loop because there is nothing out there...I assume somebody soon will ask the AD to release the list of applicants. Might stir the waters of other programs. Once coaches names get out there to the public they’ll start the backpedaling phase and see who seriously wants to be at Tipp as the next head honcho.
Old 01-25-19, 06:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
I heard the Versailles new hire as coach withdrew from the position. Does anyone know if that is true? Maybe heís interested inTippís job? If what Iíve read on this thread is true about Tipp having limited paid varsity positions (5+HC) and not likely to create new spots for new coaches to teach etc, it sounds likely that itíll be a younger candidate to get the job? I say that because an experienced coach knows you need other coaches to win in a competitive conference. Or find an older coach with an ego big enough to try and go it alone? A lot of people mentioned that experienced teachers would take a cut to go and teach inTipp schools. Are they likely to create a position for a new coach?👈 Iím asking because I donít know how they operate at that school?