Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-23-18, 12:15 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieJ48fan View Post
If Central beats Louisville it'll add 5.5 points to Perry's L2 Points since Louisville is D3. While Louisville beating Central will add 4.5 points to Perry's L2. Which comes out to about a little over .1 more points for Perry with Central winning.

For many of the outcomes it doesn't make a difference on that. But there are a few where it could be critical. Particularly one scenario I've seen it being important with staying ahead of New Albany or with Highland.

Actually with these scenarios I have it calculated out that Perry would be the 7 seed and that is with Highland beating Barberton.
After all that itís just easier to BLAME CANADA !!!
Old 10-23-18, 12:19 AM
All Region

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
mckinley does, all over their website and they used to have banners at fawcett but probably arenít allowed to use them at the HOF stadium now.
All of our State and National Championship placards are in the same end zone at Benson because it's our home. Among them are three BIG school playoff State Championships you've never won.

The other end zone has a giant sign that has our motto: WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION. The scoreboard shows McKinley players, Bulldogs, and promotes McKinley. All of the television monitors in the big stand have a McKinley mascot theme and then shows the game live so people getting refreshments and dogs can watch the game live. There are four McKinley banners on the visitor's side, and a giant Bulldog the players and band enter the field through. Fawcett wasn't red and black either..Our stadium is vastly superior to your's.
Old 10-23-18, 12:24 AM
All Region

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
mckinley does, all over their website and they used to have banners at fawcett but probably arenít allowed to use them at the HOF stadium now.
All of our State and National Championship placards are in the same end zone at Benson as was at Fawcett, because it's our home. Among them are three BIG school playoff State Championships you've never won.

The other end zone has a giant sign that has our motto: WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION. The scoreboard shows McKinley players, Bulldogs, and promotes McKinley. All of the television monitors in the big stand have a McKinley mascot theme and then shows the game live so people getting refreshments and dogs can watch the game live. There are four McKinley banners on the visitor's side, and a giant Bulldog the players and band enter the field through. Fawcett wasn't red and black either..Our stadium is vastly superior to your's.
Old 10-23-18, 12:27 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Nice Blue Trojan Stadium.
Old 10-23-18, 12:31 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
All of our State and National Championship placards are in the same end zone at Benson as was at Fawcett, because it's our home. Among them are three BIG school playoff State Championships you've never won.

Wow the HOF actually lets you put them out ??? If it wasn’t for the generic banner you put up during the game nobody would even know who the home team is. Sure don’t know from the size of the crowd. What do you have 400 season ticket holders this year ??
Your stadium isn’t even yours dumbas. Nothing and let me repeat NOTHING on that football field says anything about mckinley.
Remember fawcett wasn’t yours either you shared that with Timken, Malone hell half the county.
Old 10-23-18, 12:40 AM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieJ48fan View Post
If Central beats Louisville it'll add 5.5 points to Perry's L2 Points since Louisville is D3. While Louisville beating Central will add 4.5 points to Perry's L2. Which comes out to about a little over .1 more points for Perry with Central winning.

For many of the outcomes it doesn't make a difference on that. But there are a few where it could be critical. Particularly one scenario I've seen it being important with staying ahead of New Albany or with Highland.

Actually with these scenarios I have it calculated out that Perry would be the 7 seed and that is with Highland beating Barberton.
Pasteur puts Perry's scenario of getting in at a whopping 1%.
Old 10-23-18, 01:09 AM
Freshman

JimmieJ48fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Pasteur puts Perry's scenario of getting in at a whopping 1%.
Well they need about 6 to 7 specific results so yeah it's a long shot.
Old 10-23-18, 05:36 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
All of our State and National Championship placards are in the same end zone at Benson as was at Fawcett, because it's our home. Among them are three BIG school playoff State Championships you've never won.:
I am confused JJ. Over on the Massillon/McKinley thread, you have spent a lot of time attacking Massillon's 24 state championships because they were not won on the field, but on here, you openly acknowledge that McKinley has "National Championship placards" posted inside Benson Stadium. How did McKinley win those national championships? I must have missed those national high school playoffs. Could you help me out and list the teams that McKinley beat to win those national titles? Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-23-18, 06:17 AM
Varsity

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
I am confused JJ. Over on the Massillon/McKinley thread, you have spent a lot of time attacking Massillon's 24 state championships because they were not won on the field, but on here, you openly acknowledge that McKinley has "National Championship placards" posted inside Benson Stadium. How did McKinley win those national championships? I must have missed those national high school playoffs. Could you help me out and list the teams that McKinley beat to win those national titles? Thanks in advance!!
And... I was just on the cantonmckinley.com website (on this page: https://cantonmckinley.com/home/foot...dual-champions) and they list all the pre-playoff state titles that McKinley won. But according to you those don't count? Hmmmmmm... You better call the site operator for that website and tell them to remove those fake titles immediately........
Old 10-23-18, 06:26 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpracticalJoker View Post
And... I was just on the cantonmckinley.com website (on this page: https://cantonmckinley.com/home/foot...dual-champions) and they list all the pre-playoff state titles that McKinley won. But according to you those don't count? Hmmmmmm... You better call the site operator for that website and tell them to remove those fake titles immediately........
Joker, maybe the rule is that you are only allowed to claim poll titles if you do not have more than anyone else?
Old 10-23-18, 06:40 AM
Varsity

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Joker, maybe the rule is that you are only allowed to claim poll titles if you do not have more than anyone else?
I think you might be on to something there.......
Old 10-23-18, 06:52 AM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
I believe we have a ruling on an earlier discussion about the Massillon Mckinley game.

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/201...chool-football

I guess My2balls was wrong again.
Old 10-23-18, 06:53 AM
Varsity

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your allowed to claim those if youve won a championship in the last what 30 to 40 years whens massillons last paper championship? Oh and when did they last win a playoff championship?
Old 10-23-18, 07:29 AM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorviking View Post
Your allowed to claim those if youve won a championship in the last what 30 to 40 years whens massillons last paper championship? Oh and when did they last win a playoff championship?

Well after deep thought in the above statement.... and stipulation.... hmm...

warriorviking is a rookie, but has a good point!
Old 10-23-18, 07:32 AM
All World

Just so you know I aint a hard guy... and I call them like I see them always fairly...

FYI CCHS has a Poll Championship - I have NEVER considered it a Championship - cause we did NOT win on the FIELD!
Old 10-23-18, 07:35 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Perry needs:
Perry to beat GlenOak
McK to beat Massillon
Jackson to beat Hoover
Green to beat Lake
West Toronto Prep to beat Dayton Dunbar

They also need:
London to beat Whitehall-Yearling
Independence to beat Walnut Ridge
Big Walnut to beat Canal Winchester
Maysville to beat Tri-Valley
Great research Perry1480!... well anything is possible
Old 10-23-18, 07:39 AM
Moderated User

You know the trolls are struggling for material when they get to the point of having to put time frames on championships.
Old 10-23-18, 07:42 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Got it. So that means then, that Notre Dame has zero national championships, correct?
Old 10-23-18, 07:43 AM
All World

Just so I Clarify for everybody - and you can take this to the Bank!:

Any Championship that Any High School team was awarded before Playoff System count as State Championships! - No Question!

In those days, that is how State Champion was Named - Fact!
Old 10-23-18, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
FridayNightOhio Podcast Powered by Goodwill - Wrapping Week 9, Talking Playoffs

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1494...king-playoffs/
Old 10-23-18, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
After all that itís just easier to BLAME CANADA !!!
no, did you find the definition of idolatry yet ? We lost to Lake and NC. That is why.
Old 10-23-18, 08:42 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
no, did you find the definition of idolatry yet ? We lost to Lake and NC. That is why.
No itís becayse you started the season playing 2 Canada teams that have given you 2 wins out of 14 games. Please by all means continue to weaken that schedule each year, itís great to read about an 8-2 team sitting at home especially when 30% of the teams in the region make the playoffs.
BLAME CANADA !!!
Old 10-23-18, 08:46 AM
All World

Quote:
No itís becayse you started the season playing 2 Canada teams that have given you 2 wins out of 14 games. Please by all means continue to weaken that schedule each year, itís great to read about an 8-2 team sitting at home especially when 30% of the teams in the region make the playoffs.
BLAME CANADA !!!

I agree - O'Canada is just a bad idea all the way around- especially 2 times!
Old 10-23-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Just so I Clarify for everybody - and you can take this to the Bank!:

Any Championship that Any High School team was awarded before Playoff System count as State Championships! - No Question!

In those days, that is how State Champion was Named - Fact!
Thanks Shadow, but it really shouldn't have needed explained to anyone. As another poster pointed out, do the titles won when only 2 teams made the playoffs still count, since the system has been modifies several times? Maybe the third place team in a certain region would have won the title one of those years?
Old 10-23-18, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Boomer104 is on a distinguished road
Hoover Playoffs?

Sorry, to barge in but an obvious win against Jackson, and what else would be needed for the Vikings to sniff playoffs? Another thing is I can't remember the last time a Fed Champ hasn't made the playoffs if Hoover won. (Not that, it matters).
Old 10-23-18, 01:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Thanks Shadow, but it really shouldn't have needed explained to anyone. As another poster pointed out, do the titles won when only 2 teams made the playoffs still count, since the system has been modifies several times? Maybe the third place team in a certain region would have won the title one of those years?
You must be a newbie

EVERYTHING needs explained with Proof Source on this thread!!!

EVERYTHING!
Old 10-23-18, 01:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer104 View Post
Sorry, to barge in but an obvious win against Jackson, and what else would be needed for the Vikings to sniff playoffs? Another thing is I can't remember the last time a Fed Champ hasn't made the playoffs if Hoover won. (Not that, it matters).
Welcome Boomer to the pit....

Good Question and interesting thought!
Old 10-23-18, 07:05 PM
Freshman

Boomer104 is on a distinguished road
I don't like living in the past, but since I was late to the party all I have to say is scheduling a week 9 game at a parochial school that is a powerhouse for football and especially down in Columbus, officiating would not give an inch to Hoover (they gave the Vikings a sideline warning before the kickoff). All I can say is, these seniors for Hoover were in the 2nd grade when an FLC came to town, I believe this should light a fire under them to try and bring something to a once "football town" that hasn't tasted FLC in 10 years.
Old 10-23-18, 07:43 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Boomer for the playoffs Hoover is in a better situation then Perry. joeeitle.com is the best place to look. There is basically 4 spots up for grabs in region 7. There are 6 teams essentially sitting in a better situation than Hoover for 1 of those 4 spots. Even if all 6 of those team's win Hoover still could get in and it will come down to 4 schools including Hoover for the 8th spot. Th 3 schools listed ahead of Hoover with a win have Higher Max points possible, but their Min points possible is lower than Hoover's Max points. In all honesty Hoover needs some of the 3 teams listed below to lose.

Tri-Valley (2017 D3 Runner up)
Walnut Ridge
Canal Wincester
Hoover
Old 10-23-18, 07:50 PM
All World

Quote:
I don't like living in the past, but since I was late to the party all I have to say is scheduling a week 9 game at a parochial school that is a powerhouse for football and especially down in Columbus, officiating would not give an inch to Hoover (they gave the Vikings a sideline warning before the kickoff). All I can say is, these seniors for Hoover were in the 2nd grade when an FLC came to town, I believe this should light a fire under them to try and bring something to a once "football town" that hasn't tasted FLC in 10 years.
All Good points!

And believe me I played Catholic Schools in Akron and Columbus and yes the calls go the other way.... and that’s why we brought them to our Wall the next year ��

And Youngstown too ��