Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-11-17, 02:27 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Here's another question (that you probably won't like or understand...)

What if the divisions for soccer were organized by average income instead of enrollment? What would the scores look like then? Would the records look different? The stats would be getting racked up by much different teams across the board. Would your perception of who's good be different?

Soccer is pay to play in the US right?
Kind of a silly question don't you think?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 09-11-17, 02:30 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Since Springboro beat the team that knocked Sycamore out of the tournament, I would say yes.

I think SCD played Springboro, Sycamore, & Cov. Catholic in a 1 week period last year. They also had a fourth game squeezed in there that was a blowout. So my best guess is if they had to play Moeller, Sycamore, & Springboro in consecutive games the scores would be close. Similar to that one week stretch (minus the blowout against Sycamore) last season.

I haven't seen them yet this year. I don't think they are as good as last year but they graduated a ton so that would make sense. Maybe the results will be different this year.

You're obviously mad about something. What I have no idea, but denying the facts isn't helping your case. They have demonstrated they can compete with the top D1 teams in the area.
I'm not mad at all. I never said they wouldn't compete, I only said that they wouldn't be a top 10 team. Perhaps last year's team could have. For one year.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-11-17, 02:32 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Kind of a silly question don't you think?
It's only silly if you're not interested in seeing Monroe and Middletown compete for a Division title.

It's obscure, but far from silly.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-11-17, 02:39 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
I'm not mad at all. I never said they wouldn't compete, I only said that they wouldn't be a top 10 team. Perhaps last year's team could have. For one year.
In Cincy area? I'd say they would be a top 10 team regardless of the year. They play # 6 Sycamore soon. That should tell us something.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-11-17, 02:42 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
It's only silly if you're not interested in seeing Monroe and Middletown compete for a Division title.

It's obscure, but far from silly.
I am interested in seeing the best teams compete for a district title.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-11-17, 02:44 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am interested in seeing the best teams compete for a district title.
Since I'm talking about DIVISIONAL reorg, I imagine that you would still see the best teams compete for districts.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-11-17, 02:53 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Since I'm talking about DIVISIONAL reorg, I imagine that you would still see the best teams compete for districts.
Not if you're basing the reorganizing on family incomes and the lowest divisions are for the "poorest" teams.

I am more familiar with Dayton but teams like Miami Valley would likely be in the top division as their families are very affluent. They can barely compete in D3 now. So you want to put them in the division with teams like Springboro and Centerville? And probably Summit, CCD, & Seven Hills?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-11-17, 03:02 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Not if you're basing the reorganizing on family incomes and the lowest divisions are for the "poorest" teams.

I am more familiar with Dayton but teams like Miami Valley would likely be in the top division as their families are very affluent. They can barely compete in D3 now. So you want to put them in the division with teams like Springboro and Centerville? And probably Summit, CCD, & Seven Hills?
For this thought experiment.. yes. There would be D2 schools like Alter there too. Would be very interesting. I asked if it would change who you thought was good. Obviously you don't think Miami Valley is good.

I know that kind of org would never happen, I'm asking if the stats were skewed in a different direction would your perception change?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-11-17, 03:19 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
For this thought experiment.. yes. There would be D2 schools like Alter there too. Would be very interesting. I asked if it would change who you thought was good. Obviously you don't think Miami Valley is good.

I know that kind of org would never happen, I'm asking if the stats were skewed in a different direction would your perception change?
It's an interesting thought experiment. I don't think it would change who I thought was good though. I know those teams aren't that good at the game of soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-11-17, 05:59 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Y'all catch the latest State poll? I rest my case.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-11-17, 08:12 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Y'all catch the latest State poll? I rest my case.
Yes. What do you think it proves?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-12-17, 08:14 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Yes. What do you think it proves?
Stats>Head to head>Schedule strength.

Self promo FTW.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-12-17, 08:24 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,686
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Stats>Head to head>Schedule strength.

Self promo FTW.
So you're back to hating on Anderson?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-12-17, 11:49 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Thread.
Off.
Rails.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-12-17, 11:52 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 377
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-16-17, 09:08 PM
Louis1234 Louis1234 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-14
Posts: 14
Louis1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
So you're back to hating on Anderson?
His agenda is as follows.... his kid is on same CUP team as Anderson player who won an award at nationals and was in an Enquirer article. Him and his Moeller friend spend all their free time obsessing over this 16 yr old. Apparently, said player, will take the only available college scholarship from this age group/team, even though both their kids are WAY better. Hence, the Anderson hatred.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-17-17, 10:30 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis1234 View Post
His agenda is as follows.... his kid is on same CUP team as Anderson player who won an award at nationals and was in an Enquirer article. Him and his Moeller friend spend all their free time obsessing over this 16 yr old. Apparently, said player, will take the only available college scholarship from this age group/team, even though both their kids are WAY better. Hence, the Anderson hatred.
Lol.... Nothing like sidewalk psychology. Here's a quarter, go buy a schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-17-17, 11:49 AM
Louis1234 Louis1234 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-14
Posts: 14
Louis1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Lol.... Nothing like sidewalk psychology. Here's a quarter, go buy a schedule.
Sidewalk psychology is the only kind necessary when dealing with motives as clear as yours. Funny thing is that I actually agree with your strength of schedule premise, but your "cheap shot" communication style immediately shuts down the opportunity for any meaningful discussion.

As far as the hype goes just don't know where you are getting this from, coaches twitter? I have never heard at a game (or seen on Yappi) an Anderson parent or player boasting about how great the team is, in fact it is just the opposite. People I talk to give no credence to the rankings (state or local) and only talk about them in a "look how far we have come as a program" sort of way.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-17-17, 12:37 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis1234 View Post
Sidewalk psychology is the only kind necessary when dealing with motives as clear as yours. Funny thing is that I actually agree with your strength of schedule premise, but your "cheap shot" communication style immediately shuts down the opportunity for any meaningful discussion.

As far as the hype goes just don't know where you are getting this from, coaches twitter? I have never heard at a game (or seen on Yappi) an Anderson parent or player boasting about how great the team is, in fact it is just the opposite. People I talk to give no credence to the rankings (state or local) and only talk about them in a "look how far we have come as a program" sort of way.
You don't have a clue about my motivation. You don't have the necessary information, and you certainly won't find it here. You think the Cup stuff and the Anderson stuff are tied together, well with the exception of the article that actually tied the two together, that's not true. I do agree it would appear that way at times though. But it should be pretty obvious that I'm not concerned with appearances. I enjoy the injection of truth, sorry you don't like my delivery.

However in this particular thread, I tied Anderson to Summit, even though it wasn't noticeable, in the assertion that a stronger schedule would yield different poll results. That turned pretty quickly into debate about the individual teams and the three or so games they play each season. I engaged in that because it's fun.

I put a fantasy question out there just to see if anyone could shift their minds from 9-0 wins all the time, and they though I was speaking Greek. That says that I was speaking Greek. The soccer community at large can't get past stats to review competition. They don't see a player that does well against one team struggle and give up against another, as getting realigned by the strength of opposition. They just wait for the next 9-0.

The local polls are coaches polls. Where do they get their information? USA Today is a national poll where do they get theirs?

I agree that polls aren't the best measure but if you look around yappi instead of hunting me, they do get referenced and discussed.

I'm glad you're proud of your program. Maybe the team will take the next step, and at least schedule all D1 opponents.

Last edited by 2731; 09-17-17 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boys Soccer Scores (9/5) Yappi Boys Soccer 23 09-08-17 07:30 AM
Girls Soccer Scores (9/7) Yappi Girls Soccer 15 09-08-17 05:53 AM
Boys Soccer Scores (9/6) Yappi Boys Soccer 3 09-06-17 08:08 PM
Boys Soccer Scores (8/30) Yappi Boys Soccer 5 08-31-17 09:00 AM
Boys Soccer Scores (8/22) Yappi Boys Soccer 13 08-24-17 12:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz