Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-20-18, 09:49 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
This whole deal is just bad. The school and the football program really look bad here. The 5 classes from the previous quarter is the OHSAA rule even if the student isn't a HS transfer. Then to have it be one of your transfers (recruits) and you don't do your job. There are so many checkpoints from the OHSAA and schools that follow the guidelines this shouldn't happen. I guess they don't think they will get caught. They need to remember when you recruit there might be people looking to get you.
Old 09-20-18, 09:51 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Curious about your comment of different districts calling a class academic or not- isnít that determined at the state level?
From an academic standpoint in High School, each student should be enrolled in at least 5 academic classes for the school to receive proper funding and be considered full time. The only exceptions are students that are enrolled at career tech centers or doing post-secondary (but they have equivalent measures for that). I have had battles with guidance departments about this, but usually if a senior just needs 4 classes to graduate we give them an easy elective or online class they can complete in a month. The only class that doesn't count is phys ed. This is pretty much the same rule for athletics, the kid has to have passed 5 classes during the previous quarter not counting phys ed.
Old 09-20-18, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Especially surprised they didn't catch it since the player was coming from another GMC school. You would think that when they played that school during the season, the former school would know the eligibility status and report it if the kid played against them.
Old 09-20-18, 11:13 AM
All World

It's either arrogance or incompetence.
Old 09-20-18, 02:10 PM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Roni View Post
Princeton Assistant coach and Defensive Coordinator Chris Gillam took to social media to offer this excellent analogy on the situation....

"After the news broke FB/ Twitter felt like a scene straight off Boyz N The Hood. "Ya'll wanna see a dead body?" Ha we alive and well. There were no caskets at practice. But we about to body our next six. Run tell dat".

This guy just can't stay off social media. If I am the superintendent or head coach of this program; these types of posts would be stopped. Real classy Princeton. Real classy.
I live in Princeton school district but send my kid to a diff school... thanks for proving my point Princeton... stay classy.
Old 09-20-18, 02:10 PM
All Ohio

C-rainMan is on a distinguished road
There is more to follow. Multi sport multi student. No details yet but rumblings from good sources point to a larger problem
Old 09-20-18, 02:15 PM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
it gets better

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/more-pri...laced-on-leave
Old 09-20-18, 02:23 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Have to wonder if this is all the same situation with the type of class that was being counted towards the 5 for eligibility?
Old 09-20-18, 02:24 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
Jeez. Willful negligence.
Old 09-20-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
You really want go there! Letís talk about your beloved school, Colerain, having to forfeit the state semi final game for playing an ineligible player!

This is sad for the students. What a shame an adultís incompetence is impacting so many kids working hard to succeed
Too late. Pope put the statute of limitations at 15 years. It was a simple answer to a question by the resident Colerain Drive By Rabbit. It's all about context.
Old 09-20-18, 02:44 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Holy sht.
Old 09-20-18, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Nothing from the Viking people that post on this forum?
Old 09-20-18, 02:52 PM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Nothing from the Viking people that post on this forum?
Looks like the AD was just asleep at the wheel. This is on him. Do your job!!
Old 09-20-18, 03:16 PM
Freshman

Tender Roni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Which brings the question...how many years under Croley’s time As AD of Princeton has this occurred? And remember, Croley was once the head football Coach at Princeton, did he ever do this previously to benefit his coaching resume’?
Old 09-20-18, 03:25 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Ever happen before?

Has this ever happened to any school before where multi-sport, multi-level students were found ineligible? And will they investigate past years for violations? Could this become a ban from participating for a period of time? Anybody know the bi-laws of OHSAA on this subject? Princeton is going to take a major hit on this one. Winton Woods needs to build bigger locker rooms.
Old 09-20-18, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Did they just put the AD on paid leave. Just fire him and maybe the coach as well. Why would you keep this going on. At least the new superintendent self reported this mess

Princeton will get passed this and definitely need new leadership in the athletic department
Old 09-20-18, 03:41 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
Has this ever happened to any school before where multi-sport, multi-level students were found ineligible? And will they investigate past years for violations? Could this become a ban from participating for a period of time? Anybody know the bi-laws of OHSAA on this subject? Princeton is going to take a major hit on this one. Winton Woods needs to build bigger locker rooms.
As of now, they are not going to take any hit from the OHSAA. The school self reported and the OHSAA didn't have to spend any money investigating. The OHSAA hammers schools that claim they didn't do anything wrong, or do not investigate properly or schools that fight the proscribed penalties. [i.e. ; forces OHSAA to spend money on investigations] The school district investigated, found other violations,applied the proper penalties and suspended the administrator responsible for making sure the school was in compliance with eligibility rules.
Old 09-20-18, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Through it all I feel for the Seniors and the rest of the players at Princeton. Terrible.
There are good people in that district.
Old 09-20-18, 04:41 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Looks like the AD was just asleep at the wheel. This is on him. Do your job!!
I mentioned that the administration was a mess at the high school. I got ripped for that. But as seen, i wasn't far off. The AD is a nice person and a Princeton alumn. The staff and kids genuinely like him but the kids are paying for his short comings.
Old 09-20-18, 07:06 PM
Varsity

llthayes19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
It's always a shame for the kids when adults make mistakes.

Just curious because the campus at Princeton is really nice for the incoming students. They seem to have a lot to offer the students and the community. With open enrollment, the hiring of Mike Daniels, and the upgraded campus was Princeton bringing in any students from Winton Woods ?

Two open enrollment schools in close proximity. How is that working out ?
Not sure what Winton Woods has to do with this. Not sure why your are comparing the two.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-18, 08:27 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
I've supported the school for 30 plus years . I've seen good and bad .ivw seen the school board make a decision to bring a outside coach in to after mancuso retired his second time which was a disasters . I've live thru the Leach and Miltenburg regime. Sat next to my buddy while Crowley kept saying Mr -//////// we are doing this for //:::well my buddy was his step son not same name Crowley couldn't get that right , I've seen the split the pot get cheated at basketball games been acused of talking about Crowley and question about it . Crowley is a piece of as a AD . And if the rumor is true the football team was putting up 15 sign after the East game week Then Danelis needs to be fired too
Come back with that? Good Lord Son
Old 09-20-18, 09:15 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by llthayes19 View Post
Not sure what Winton Woods has to do with this. Not sure why your are comparing the two.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Was just wondering if WW was losing any students to Princeton with all the stuff going on at Princeton. Besides that don't see any. Coach Parker and his staff are running a great program.
Old 09-20-18, 09:37 PM
All American

oxat622
Quote:
And if the rumor is true the football team was putting up 15 sign after the East game week Then Danelis needs to be fired too
What does this mean?
Old 09-20-18, 10:18 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I've supported the school for 30 plus years . I've seen good and bad .ivw seen the school board make a decision to bring a outside coach in to after mancuso retired his second time which was a disasters . I've live thru the Leach and Miltenburg regime. Sat next to my buddy while Crowley kept saying Mr -//////// we are doing this for //:::well my buddy was his step son not same name Crowley couldn't get that right , I've seen the split the pot get cheated at basketball games been acused of talking about Crowley and question about it . Crowley is a piece of as a AD . And if the rumor is true the football team was putting up 15 sign after the East game week Then Danelis needs to be fired too
As in Zone 15 (Lincoln Heights) ?
Old 09-20-18, 10:24 PM
Freshman

It is coming out that Daniels sent one of his assistants a few weeks ago to Oak Hills to pay for the laptop fee's and was denied by Oak Hills the ability to do this....meaning Daniels knew this a few weeks ago.
Old 09-20-18, 11:39 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is coming out that Daniels sent one of his assistants a few weeks ago to Oak Hills to pay for the laptop fee's and was denied by Oak Hills the ability to do this....meaning Daniels knew this a few weeks ago.
So this is way past being an over sight or admin mistake. This is a scandal at the highest level..... VIKINGGATE!
Old 09-21-18, 05:59 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Absolutely....that was 3 L2 wins that it cost us.

Won't matter as long as Colerain wins out as they are almost assuredly the #1 seed in the region.

-CardinalsFan

They gain one for East for a net loss of 2 if they beat East.
Old 09-21-18, 08:46 AM
All World

Quote:
seriously? rumor or truth?
Old 09-21-18, 09:06 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
I'm beginning to wonder if Princeton's best recent sports season (Boys Basketball last year) met all of the OHSAA requirements for eligibilty in light of the football and soccer issues coming to light this week---maybe Administration needs to check those grades from 2017-18 school year as this appears to be systemic--hopefully it's just these sports but...
Old 09-21-18, 09:08 AM
All Region

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This goes under that category of.....

YOU HAD ONE JOB