Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-19-18, 09:27 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
I would imagine it is probably less than Moeller, as an example, the only difference is that Princeton has less experience in dealing with these situations.
I am not going to defend Moeller but...this is totally different. Are you counting incoming freshman at Moeller as transfers? Moeller does their recruiting at the JH level and they come in as freshman. I don't think Moeller brings in many Sophs, Jrs., or Srs. They bring in some and yes they are good at following the standards by the OHSAA. It has been no secret that Princeton is recruiting, so bringing Moeller into this really doesn't matter.
Old 09-19-18, 09:29 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
I'd say the Vikes would have to run the table to be 6-4 and then would be on the bubble to get in--all hope is not lost vike 16--they should beat Middletown, West, Oak Hills and Hamilton--the make or break games would be Fairfield and Mason. Definitely puts Milford back in the mix at 3-1 by getting this W vs. Princeton.

Of course is the ineligible player a key member of the offense/defense and losing him too much to replace--won't know that til his replacement gets a shot.
I highly doubt they get in now. Another year of Princeton hype, all to come crashing down yet again. But hey, next year they are going to return to state dominance
Old 09-19-18, 09:30 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Updated Joe Eitel with the forfeits calculated:

1 4-0 396 Cincinnati Colerain 10.0750
2 3-1 972 Mason Mason 9.1250
3 3-1 522 Cincinnati Elder 8.2750
4 3-1 1188 Cincinnati Oak Hills 7.4500
5t 3-1 1056 Cincinnati Moeller 6.6000
5t 3-1 846 Lebanon Lebanon 6.6000
7 3-1 1508 Cincinnati Sycamore 6.3000
8 3-1 836 Lakota East 6.0250
9 3-1 550 Fairfield Fairfield 5.5250
10 3-1 1034 Milford Milford 5.2500
11 2-2 1388 Cincinnati St Xavier 4.4000
Old 09-19-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Last time something like this happened was a few years ago at Withrow. The altheltic director was Braddix who now works at, you guessed it, Princeton. Now he's not the AD there, coincidence, maybe, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 09-19-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Last time something like this happened was a few years ago at Withrow. The altheltic director was Braddix who now works at, you guessed it, Princeton. Now he's not the AD there, coincidence, maybe, but interesting nonetheless.
You can't put this on the head girls track coach.
Old 09-19-18, 09:39 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
the issues starts with the A.D for not doing his job right, then it trickles down to coaching staff.
Old 09-19-18, 09:43 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
You can't put this on the head girls track coach.
Like I said it could be coincidence. Just interesting is all.
Old 09-19-18, 09:48 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Its purely coincidence, Braddix is only the girls track coach.
Old 09-19-18, 09:54 AM
All World

As a 27 year guidance counselor I dealt with many transfers at our school--when enrolling a new student, before doing anything else, a school must have official records/transcripts from the student's previous schools he/she attended. If the student didn't have records due to owing fees we would not authorize any athletic participation until those fees were paid and official records in the high school office. Ultimately the AD would sit down with me and we'd triple check to make sure everything looked satifactory to declare the student eligible to participate in sports. AD then sends that info to OHSAA and notifies the coach of that team he/she is OK or not. Process takes time, but it has to be done as well as possible due to the effect it has on so many other students, coaches, and fans---hopefully the Vikes can bounce back from this setback.
Old 09-19-18, 10:11 AM
All Yappi

Wow! I remember when I said the administration at Princeton High School was a mess, someone from Princeton told me i was wrong. Wish I was because the kids will have to suffer.
Old 09-19-18, 10:22 AM
-

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
eagle, it appears this is a transcript issue. That information is transmitted from school to school. Bad information by player or family wouldn't matter once the records came through.
looks to be the case. My post was meant as generic and not specific to this case.
Old 09-19-18, 10:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
As a 27 year guidance counselor I dealt with many transfers at our school--when enrolling a new student, before doing anything else, a school must have official records/transcripts from the student's previous schools he/she attended. If the student didn't have records due to owing fees we would not authorize any athletic participation until those fees were paid and official records in the high school office. Ultimately the AD would sit down with me and we'd triple check to make sure everything looked satifactory to declare the student eligible to participate in sports. AD then sends that info to OHSAA and notifies the coach of that team he/she is OK or not. Process takes time, but it has to be done as well as possible due to the effect it has on so many other students, coaches, and fans---hopefully the Vikes can bounce back from this setback.
Well said! With that in mind, don't be in a rush until all is OK. Now, if you were told all is OK and then it backfires, that's an administration issue at the school. Some of these kids' transcripts are the biggest mess you could possibly imagine, but as you said, do your due diligence as an AD and MAKE SURE!
Old 09-19-18, 10:25 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perfect!
Old 09-19-18, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
The first e-mail Princeton sent out on monday: [the second email is in the first post of the thread]

"Football is often compared to a reflection of life and the team, because of the victories and defeats, is a close-knit family. This weekend, we celebrated a tremendous win. This weekend we also were made aware that a student athlete may be ineligible.

The OHSAA statute of eligibility for players requires students to have a minimum of five (5) one-credit courses or the equivalent, each of which counts towards graduation. Princeton was made aware that a student who transferred from another district may not have met the credit requirements. Princeton administration is in communication with OHSAA and is conducting an internal investigation regarding the claims. "
Old 09-19-18, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
It's always a shame for the kids when adults make mistakes.

Just curious because the campus at Princeton is really nice for the incoming students. They seem to have a lot to offer the students and the community. With open enrollment, the hiring of Mike Daniels, and the upgraded campus was Princeton bringing in any students from Winton Woods ?

Two open enrollment schools in close proximity. How is that working out ?
Old 09-19-18, 11:12 AM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Roni View Post
Bad look for the AD and also the superintendent who is fresh off the intern super tag and was recently named permaenant super. This takes place in a matter of weeks on the job
under his watch.
Iím willing to bet the super wonít be judged on football scores, mistakes happen...if this was a mistake
Old 09-19-18, 11:29 AM
All American

SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
i agree the whole athletic department needs to be let go and start fresh , you have the basketball situation in March and now this , it starts with the athletic director
The AD at Princeton from what I been told has reapeatedly not performed his duties properly and in the process let numerous Priceton athletes down. Time to move on with somebody else’s leading the Athletic Dept.
Old 09-19-18, 11:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
Iím willing to bet the super wonít be judged on football scores, mistakes happen...if this was a mistake
The current super just started!
Old 09-19-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, not even interesting in the least.
Old 09-19-18, 11:37 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
I am not going to defend Moeller but...this is totally different. Are you counting incoming freshman at Moeller as transfers? Moeller does their recruiting at the JH level and they come in as freshman. I don't think Moeller brings in many Sophs, Jrs., or Srs. They bring in some and yes they are good at following the standards by the OHSAA. It has been no secret that Princeton is recruiting, so bringing Moeller into this really doesn't matter.
Its always Moeller's fault? You people are complete clowns. Who does the recruiting at the JH level? What are you facts?
Old 09-19-18, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Its always Moeller's fault? You people are complete clowns. Who does the recruiting at the JH level? What are you facts?
Obviously Moeller; since that is what the OHSAA busted them for in the past.[Good Shepherd incident]
Old 09-19-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/649...ng-violations/
Old 09-19-18, 11:57 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was the issue. He didnít pay fees for a laptop taken from his school. Therefore, his transcript did not show what classes he passed last year. Only had 4.5 credits, so he wasnít eligible. Not a good job by the counselors and athletic department.
Old 09-19-18, 12:02 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
This was the issue. He didnít pay fees for a laptop taken from his school. Therefore, his transcript did not show what classes he passed last year. Only had 4.5 credits, so he wasnít eligible. Not a good job by the counselors and athletic department.
God, how or why does this continue to happen? Someone likely knew of this issue months ago and they still let him play?
Old 09-19-18, 12:12 PM
All World

If fees were owed to the other school there would be no transcript until the family paid the fees for the laptop---99% of schools will not issue an official transcript until the fees are paid. Sometimes families want to use a report card--not official for eligibility!! Family not paying fees and adults not having official transcript to determine eligibility is the problem.
Old 09-19-18, 12:13 PM
-

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
wow. a football brochure. Pure evil.
Old 09-19-18, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
wow. a football brochure. Pure evil.
More like pure stupidity, especially handing it out to Mason 8th graders.
Old 09-19-18, 12:22 PM
Freshman

Soul Provider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
This was the issue. He didn’t pay fees for a laptop taken from his school. Therefore, his transcript did not show what classes he passed last year. Only had 4.5 credits, so he wasn’t eligible. Not a good job by the counselors and athletic department.
Counselors have nothing to do with it. If a kid moves in during the summer, the counseling department probably did not even know the kid was playing football, or barely knew the kid. Did the AD or coaches inform the counselors of the transfer?

All the A.D. had to do was call, call, and keep calling to get an ATHLETIC transcript/grade request even if the kid owed a fee from the other school. It is not hard and is done ALL THE TIME. #AD101.
Old 09-19-18, 12:23 PM
Junior Varsity

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
I told everyone this back in July. Princeton was gonna get dinged because Daniels was plucking guys from Winton Woods, etc openly at camps. Their transfer rule would bite them and it did. Cost them a playoff run
Old 09-19-18, 12:26 PM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
More like pure stupidity, especially handing it out to Mason 8th graders.
I think they ought to be able to do that. They're selling a product.