Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-18, 07:45 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
2018 NBC baseball

Who is the teams to beat? Many teams have a lot of returners back. West Branch looks to be the favorite on paper. It looks like there's many teams that have great pitching back and others have great young talent coming in. Who's your teams big returners and New comers. Here's a few I can think of.
West Branch- damn near there entire starting lineup, I believe they only lost one senior starter.
Alliance has many back also, pitching was lost but have a young stud this year in Gavin Bruni
Canton South will be much improved this year with many starters returning , not sure of many names but I guessing Robbie Akers will be a horse for the Wildcats on the mound.
Marlington has many positions returning but will have to develop some young pitchers. Ohio State commit Zach Desenzo ( sp. ) Sorry Zach. Catcher Stinson will have to help develop the young pitching staff. Andrew Carr, CJ Greiner and Nate A. and Andrew Pucci is my guess to be primary starters.
Louisville as always will contend for a title with many starters back including Sophmore Davis Burick.
Help me fill in the rest of the league, Salem, Carrollton, Minerva.
This has been a long winter and I hope spring comes soon, missing baseball.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-18, 01:40 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
2018 NBC baseball

Minerva only loses 2 players from last year’s squad and have a pretty solid bunch of seniors returning. They will need to get a little deeper on the mound but should have a solid hitting team and will be good defensively. If they can develop some arms they will have a nice season and hopefully build on last years school record for wins. Looking at what all of the other NBC teams have returning it will be a grind this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MINFAN; 02-11-18 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-11-18, 11:24 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
I posted this a few months ago on another thread...

Only got to see each school one time when they came to Louisville last year, but if I remember from some names that stuck out...
WB- Bates, Deshields
CS - Akers, Phillip? (Sure not spelled right)
Mar - Desenzo, Pucci
All - Catcher was good, and I hear Freshman is good
Sal- didn't see that game
Carr- had a couple nice players but can't recall names
Min- Wright, Hanley, Croston we're tough, but not sure what grade.

Now Louisville... Played a ton of SRs which means that a bunch of spots open up. Some kids played that will most likely take up a couple of those spots with a bunch of kids who played JV last year looking to step in. Zuppe(JR) King(JR) Whal(SR) Davis(SR), Sherear (JR) and Burick(Soph) all lettered last year. Burick and Sherear both named all league and Burick was All County I believe. The JR class will offer up some nice players with Lingle, Hartline, Mongiardo, Gray and Prasco all looking to claim a spot. Sherear (LHP) had a great season and should be the #1 , the question is who will be the #2 and replace Carson Davis and the innings he gave last year. Couple other things to watch is who will fill the SS role left by All County player Tyler Adams? I have heard that Burick was out of position last year at 3rd and is usually a SS and if that's the case who will play 3rd? Guessing Jack Davis will hold down 1st base when he isn't on mound, and Hartline looked soild behind the plate in the JV games I watched last year. Lingle swings the bat well and should be able to find a home in the OF somewhere. The big question mark will be who will take the mound, and can they be effective ... Again, I didn't see every game, but from what I saw and talking to some people that is what I get. Other Leopard fans help me out...
Old 02-12-18, 12:22 AM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post

Only got to see each school one time when they came to Louisville last year, but if I remember from some names that stuck out...
WB- Bates, Deshields
Mar - Desenzo, Pucci

Now Louisville... Played a ton of SRs which means that a bunch of spots open up. Some kids played that will most likely take up a couple of those spots with a bunch of kids who played JV last year looking to step in. Zuppe(JR) King(JR) Whal(SR) Davis(SR), Sherear (JR) and Burick(Soph) all lettered last year. Burick and Sherear both named all league and Burick was All County I believe. The JR class will offer up some nice players with Lingle, Hartline, Mongiardo, Gray and Prasco all looking to claim a spot. Sherear (LHP) had a great season and should be the #1 , the question is who will be the #2 and replace Carson Davis and the innings he gave last year. Couple other things to watch is who will fill the SS role left by All County player Tyler Adams? I have heard that Burick was out of position last year at 3rd and is usually a SS and if that's the case who will play 3rd? Guessing Jack Davis will hold down 1st base when he isn't on mound, and Hartline looked soild behind the plate in the JV games I watched last year. Lingle swings the bat well and should be able to find a home in the OF somewhere. The big question mark will be who will take the mound, and can they be effective ... Again, I didn't see every game, but from what I saw and talking to some people that is what I get. Other Leopard fans help me out...

Was there actually an All Stark County baseball team announced last year?? If so could you post it, I never saw one and would like to see who made it.
Old 02-12-18, 09:10 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballCrazy1 View Post
Was there actually an All Stark County baseball team announced last year?? If so could you post it, I never saw one and would like to see who made it.
It was in June section of Best of Stark Prep from Canton Rep. For some reason it won't let me link it, so here are the teams...

1st - Team
Tyler Adams - Louisville
Nick Binnie - Hoover
Zach Dezenzo - Marlington
Dillon Dingler - Jackson
Donnny Genetin - Hoover
Quinton Heck - CCC
Aaron Hoffman STA
James Kontur - Lake Center Christian
Jon Machamer - Mass
Cade Mottice - Jackson
Kyle Nicolas - Jackson
Yianni Skeriotis - Jackson
Trey Wright - Jackson

2nd - Team
Brock Begue - Marlington
Davis Burick - Louisville
Carson Davis - Louisville
Jordan Hite - Hoover
Adian Longwell - Mass
Nelson Mozden - Sandy Valley
JC Phillippi - Canton South
Michael Roberts - Sandy Valley
Cameron Ruffin - CCC
Logan Schafer - Fairless
Brady Thompson - CCC
Dante Tucci - Sandy Valley
Andrew Wade - Heritage Christian
Brody Ware - Hoover
Conner Wright - Minerva
Old 02-14-18, 03:33 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post

WB- Bates, Deshields
Mar - Desenzo, Pucci

Had a conversation with someone close to Minerva baseball. Hanley and Romano graduated but they didn't lose anyone else. They have 1st team all NBC and 4 year starter Connor Wright (Sr) he is a very good shortstop and ace on the mound.. they also return Sr and 4th year starter in centerfield Brock Croston , Sr and 3 year starter and power hitter/1st basemen Dan Commons, Sr. Speedster and 2 year starter Goose Stewart and Jr Dom Slents. they have a good core returning but the big concern is pitching, they have plently of experience in the field and at the plate but only 2 experienced pitchers.. I think they may be a middle of the pack team
Old 02-20-18, 10:03 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Well practice's have started. Hope the next few weeks go by fast. I'm ready for opening day. Hope the Ohio spring weather is better than last year. But doubtful ��
Old 02-27-18, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

Capo Cannoli is on a distinguished road
Great time of year !!! Best of luck to all the Boys of Spring