Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-18, 04:36 PM
Freshman

MICHAEL MONTGOMERY is on a distinguished road
coaches son playing for little miami

do any other schools have coaches where there sons play on the team?little Miami had one 10th grader last year playing varsity batting .154 for the season.im pretty sure there were some better kids out there that did not get the chance to play due to this.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-18, 04:40 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Is one of those better kids who didn't get a chance to play your son? Was a .154 the lowest average on the team? Could this player contribute in other facets of the game such as pitching, defense or pinch running?
Old 02-13-18, 05:02 PM
Varsity

Baseball4Life! is on a distinguished road
I had a player that had a horrible BA all summer. However, he was my SS and his OBP was over .600. I batted him 9th and he was 3rd in runs scored. He finally came out of his slump in the last tournament and jumped BA to .300. Players can contribute in other ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-18, 05:56 PM
Freshman

MICHAEL MONTGOMERY is on a distinguished road
I do not have a kid at that age level.yes .154 batting average was the lowest on the team.this kid is not fast or is he a pitcher,just the coaches son.
Old 02-13-18, 07:34 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
If you have no kid, why do you care? Know your role, no one needs you policing the team. If you want to volunteer to coach, do it. Gesh annoying. This is not the pros where you get to talk on 700WLW. These are kids and underpaid teachers and volunteers.
Old 02-13-18, 07:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
If you have no kid, why do you care? Know your role, no one needs you policing the team. If you want to volunteer to coach, do it. Gesh annoying. This is not the pros where you get to talk on 700WLW. These are kids and underpaid teachers and volunteers.
Truth
Old 02-13-18, 07:59 PM
All Ohio

And congrats to the LM baseball coach for his recent induction into Little Miami's Hall of Fame.
Old 02-13-18, 09:17 PM
All District

Baseballmom13 is on a distinguished road
Back to the OP. I have seen something similar before, not with the coache’s son, but god-son. It was a mess. Luckily I don’t think it made a difference in overall record, but I do agree with you that it is wrong to “give” a letter rather than earn it. It does affect the clubhouse atmosphere for sure. There is nothing you can do about it tho. My advice to you: make sure that you are good enough, to make the coach look silly for not playing you. That is really all you can do.
Old 02-14-18, 05:27 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Walsh Jesuit's long-serving head coach, the owner of an architecture firm not otherwise employed by the school, will have 2 sons on their team.
Old 02-14-18, 08:14 AM
All District

OEBNorthGM is on a distinguished road
^^Not til next year.
Old 02-14-18, 08:41 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
On the local college baseball level, I believe Malone coach has a son on the roster.
Old 02-14-18, 09:57 AM
All American

Mansfield Buckeye is on a distinguished road
I think you are complaining about Daddy Ball, which is different than sons playing varsity while dad coaches. I know the Little Miami Coach and he is a good guy and a gracious host. Works his butt off on the field and will play anyone. Calling him out on a forum solves nothing and makes you look petty. Any coach's kid has to deal with this their whole lives. People doubt them, but they persevere. People question their worth, but they persevere. People call them out, but they persevere. College coaches LOOVVEE coach's kids. They are coachable and most often know the game at a higher level. I know a kid whose dad was a coach on varsity. His son played as a freshman over seniors. batted .280, struggled in the field, and had to put up with parental bs. He now plays D1 college baseball, was first team all ohio and won every award at his school and the district. I am not saying this will happen at LM, but I have seen this first hand. Our current head coach has his son playing for him. 4 year varsity kid ......also going to college. Dealt with the same petty crap
Old 02-14-18, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

Some sweeping generalities there toward the end...

If we're realistic here, I'm sure we'll all realize that coaches' kids are much like kids of owners or managers in the workplace. Some dads are harder on their own kids than they are on anyone else, and some coddle their kids. Just like some jealous haters will always hate, and others will suck up.
Old 02-15-18, 08:57 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Not that I care but since this is an interesting post that surprisingly hasn't been shut down, yet.

New Richmond.
Old 02-15-18, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
We have had quite a few coaches sons play for our HS team.
A few got drafted, and a number of them went onto play college baseball and others all league.

Are there times a HC plays his boy who just isn't as good? Of course, but I am going to say that a vast majority of the times the coaches son is one of, if not the, best player on the team.
Old 02-15-18, 02:39 PM
Freshman

CBB is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

Allow me to shed some light on this subject as Mike Montgomery from Moeller is talking about my son. Seriously Mike we know this is a factious name, and we have a great idea who it is. The hell with it. We know exactly who you are. You reside in the LM district and have been doing this over the last few years starting threads on social media sites, mainly this one. You talk bad about every coach and player other than your own son or sons.

You should actually someday take some accountability and own up to what you start.

I am the father of the player he is refereeing to. My name is Keith. I don’t need a fake name to hide behind a computer screen. I was the pitching coach at LM for about 6 years. I started coaching when my sons were in elementary school. This will be the first year I will not be coaching.

AKA Mike is correct my son batted 154, looked first pitch strikes more than ever, and struck out more than I have seen. Honestly it was like that through summer as well as he battled with changing his approach. But, like most good ball players by the end he had a grasp. This was done through his diligence to working hard. This game is built with peaks and valleys and if you ever think you won’t be in a valley at some point in your career you are kidding yourself. Those valleys will help define the player you are meant to be.

Coach Craig played my son accordingly as he did not play in every game. His defense last year was his strength and is at times what kept him in the lineup. Where were his freshman year when he was pulled up to varsity to play 2B at the age of 14, and ended the season in the top with batting averages in the SWOC. I will let my sons play take care of itself, and let people like you feed his fire.

That’s right "Mike" your fat had nothing to say then did it. You wait for an athlete to struggle and then get on social media platforms to talk about them. You sir are a big boy for that. A grown man taking shots a young athletes. Your wife should be proud of you.

I will share your thread with him so he sees the type of people in our district. Let’s be honest he already knows who you are. I believe you had a conversation with him on Saturday, back stabbing POS. You talk to his face and act encouraging like you care about him succeeding. He is a very humble kid and I will not let you or anyone else continue to take shots at him. You can call me anytime you like. Tell you what, I will meet you anytime you like. Just in case you need my number I will have at the end of the post.

You have made comments that you will run out the baseball coach because of what happen to your son. I assure you he is better man than you and that will not happen. As for your running your mouth about me I will send you my baseball card to review my resume. You and your backstabbing friends did get me with your lies and honestly I am glad to be away from it. It's people like you that will hold Little Miami back. Thank God your son is almost done and people won't have to deal with your crap anymore. If you still hang around after he leaves sir, you really need to get a life!
Old 02-15-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
SHots.

Fired.

With that said....

I will take a program with 14 coaches kids over a program with none.....
Old 02-19-18, 07:08 AM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Obviously, this isn't the place to discuss this situation. I coached where the coach running the program was excellent in every way, except he showed favoritism in playing kids out of position. I had a meeting with him and expressed my concerns and let it go at that. The poster has a legitimate point but his motives for posting it are what are questionable.
Old 02-19-18, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
I'm sure the coach loves talking to parents regarding daddy's opinions as to what positions his kids and others are more suited to play. If your son or daughter has an issue as to how they are, or should be used, by any high school coach, the kid themselves should address the situation with the coach, not the parent. Remember, this is high school baseball. Just because some player may be the starting (insert position here) on his super travel team, doesn't mean he may be more helpful to his high school coach and team playing another position. Let the kid work it out.
Old 02-19-18, 01:40 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitnrun View Post
I'm sure the coach loves talking to parents regarding daddy's opinions as to what positions his kids and others are more suited to play. If your son or daughter has an issue as to how they are, or should be used, by any high school coach, the kid themselves should address the situation with the coach, not the parent. Remember, this is high school baseball. Just because some player may be the starting (insert position here) on his super travel team, doesn't mean he may be more helpful to his high school coach and team playing another position. Let the kid work it out.
Old 02-20-18, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Excellent post. I want to throw in there that the coaches see the kids practicing right next to their competition for playing time. The coaches also get to see how a kid reacts when they are struggling at the plate or fielding balls during practice. Attitude is everything to coaches. Those coaches have seen them 100% of the time for 6 weeks before the season even starts. Now they have a parent coming in to tell them how much better their kid is over starting SS. Mind boggling
Old 02-20-18, 07:25 PM
All American

Mansfield Buckeye is on a distinguished road
smh. Shouldnt have to come on here and defend you son. Just not right. Well stated Dad
Old 02-22-18, 08:08 AM
Varsity

Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
A lot of coaching decisions are based on trust. Trust in knowing the kid is going to pull good grades, be a team first player, have a good attitude when times are tough, ect. I know that every night we would be mentally working on something to get the kid better, and who better than the head coach's kid to be that player? Each year someone has to have the lowest BA on the team. Would you want it to be a freshman, knowing he has the capability of being a 4 year starter and a cornerstone for the team for the next 3 years? I would. I know that it would also be a decision that has been thought of for a very long time. I'm sure this has been broken down in every possible outcome, hundreds of times. I'm also certain that Alex Rodriguez, or Albert Pujols aren't losing playing time to the coach's son...So, not a problem at all. Get over the self loathing and work harder. There are 9 spots on the field, 9 spots in the order. If you aren't head and shoulders above the 9th man, I go with the younger, coach's son every time.
Old 02-22-18, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield Buckeye View Post
smh. Shouldnt have to come on here and defend you son. Just not right. Well stated Dad
That was well-stated.

It seems like an ugly original post, but in my mind, the coach is defending himself. The kid didn't make the lineup.
Old 02-22-18, 01:28 PM
Junior Varsity

nextmanup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is well said. It will definitely help a kid, if he plans to play at the next level, to play a couple different positions while in high School. The coaches job is to put together a lineup with the best chance to compete given the players he has. The vast majority of these kids playing in high school played in the infield growing up, somebody has to play outfield.

My son played at Little Miami and Keith is a good pitching coach that helped my son a lot, I am sorry to hear that he will not be there anymore. I imagine most coaches live in the district where they coach, especially if they are volunteers. If they have sons that play, they will eventually coach them.
Old 02-22-18, 04:47 PM
Varsity

southwest1 is on a distinguished road
Are coaches sons not allowed to play? This is a stupid post.
Old 02-22-18, 09:58 PM
Freshman

pigskin513 is on a distinguished road
This is what I hate about social media outlets. Came here to read about the upcoming SWOC season and saw this - wow. I have no issue with someone having an opinion, but to do it on social media but most especially attacking young men - ouch. LM had 2 son's on the roster in 2017, to single one or both out is not the right. We all make bonehead decisions in our life and believe we continue to learn from them at all ages - so hope you learn from this. I almost do not even want to say anymore but will just to state this....I have been around high school baseball much of my life. If I was picking the LM roster in 2017 & again 2018, both players deserved to make it based on their ability. In 2017 the same player(s) you criticize did lose playing time because of performance. So just not sure how you can criticize head coach Craig. I can also tell you that LM did not lose 1 game in 2017 because of these players being on the roster. Any game they lost was a team loss. Every win was a team win....especially the 2017 Classic Win vs Edgewood. While the roster is not out, I can assure you....both players will be on it because they deserve to be. Each are bigger, stronger, and faster now. Expect big things from both in 2018...but most especially LM Baseball. The foundation has been set with great players in recent years like Hank McKay, Austins Hinds, Chris Ballard, and Dylan Carpenter coming through the program. Jake Shirey, Jake Gevedon, Reed Newman, Zach Smoot, Kade Smith, Cole Becker, Drew Mairn, Mason Walker, and Brody Reder will just be a few of the names that will continue the recent tradition of class act student athletes associated to leading this program to the next level and what I hope to be a SWOC title. Go Panthers!!!