Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #91  
Old 01-01-19, 07:49 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,979
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Weird that they stopped feeding Weber. Maybe protecting him with draft coming up? He was dominating. Dobbins isnít good
Sponsored Links
  #92  
Old 01-01-19, 07:52 PM
bob22 bob22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-18-05
Posts: 1,485
bob22 is on a distinguished road
lol, When 2000+ yards in 2 seasons is not good.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
  #93  
Old 01-01-19, 08:02 PM
zeeman zeeman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-11
Location: in a galaxy far far away
Posts: 7,609
zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Weird that they stopped feeding Weber. Maybe protecting him with draft coming up? He was dominating. Dobbins isnít good
Hope this was a troll
  #94  
Old 01-01-19, 08:04 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 6,711
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Lost all of them with that ending lol
  #95  
Old 01-01-19, 08:10 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,979
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Weber has been a lot better than Dobbins when healthy this year. JK is overrated by our fans. He was very good last year but now that he doesn’t have enormous holes he’s fairly mediocre with no second level burst
  #96  
Old 01-01-19, 08:17 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,979
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Dobbins 4.6 YPC is lowest for a Buckeye RB since Dan Herron in 2009. That’s a really weak number at this school
  #97  
Old 01-01-19, 08:18 PM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,954
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Buckeyes on their Rose Bowl win over Washington. I said earlier (on the OSU Buckeyes 2018 thread) that I gave OSU the edge in this game, due to their more potent offense than Washington.

Good comeback try by the Huskies, they didn't give up, when they were down 28-3. I live out here in Seattle and I was disappointed in their play in the first half.

They got it going in the second half. But I also think the Buckeyes could have slacked off some in the second half, which aided in the Huskies having a chance to pull it out (only losing by 5 points).

The Huskies showed their grit, by somehow pulling out a Pac 12 Championship, when there was a time this season when it looked pretty bleak (after losing a very close game at Oregon). The Huskies showed that grit tonight.

Great career by Urban Meyer. Also, the Huskies QB Jake Browning had an outstanding career at Washington, being their starting QB for all four years he was at Washington. Also running back Miles Gaskin was along side Browning, rushing for over 1,000 yards in each of his four years he was a Husky.

Exciting game in the final quarter. Perfect weather along with the great field and stadium at the legendary Rose Bowl.
  #98  
Old 01-01-19, 08:19 PM
Springsteen Springsteen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-16-12
Posts: 306
Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I do not think the linebackers are that good.
I've said this all season. Tuff Borland is God Awful!!
  #99  
Old 01-01-19, 08:26 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,614
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
I've said this all season. Tuff Borland is God Awful!!
I said the same. MAC LB at best. Struggles to take on blocks and is incredibly slow, especially moving laterally. One of the big differences between 2014 and this season was LB play.
  #100  
Old 01-01-19, 08:30 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 5,614
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Weber has been a lot better than Dobbins when healthy this year. JK is overrated by our fans. He was very good last year but now that he doesnít have enormous holes heís fairly mediocre with no second level burst
Urban Meyer used to dictate his offensive philosophy to his OC. This included Dan Mullen and Tom Herman. For whatever reason he allowed Ryan Day to dictate his philosophy which was a pass happy offense that struggled to establish the run. It also hurts that the QB, in Haskins, was completely removed from the run game. Defenses had to defend 10 rather than past OSU Meyer teams where they had to defend 11 in the run game. And for whatever reason they went away from Meyer's patent jet sweeps with his best athlete. This all equated to defenses focusing on ONE guy (TB) in run game and pinning ears back on pass plays.
  #101  
Old 01-01-19, 08:36 PM
Springsteen Springsteen is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-16-12
Posts: 306
Springsteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
I said the same. MAC LB at best. Struggles to take on blocks and is incredibly slow, especially moving laterally. One of the big differences between 2014 and this season was LB play.
This is what concerns me. Borland plays way too many snaps. Imo, he's a below average OSU LB. But if he's playing so much, that tells me there's nobody behind him pushing to take his spot. Now that is frightening. I think good linebacker play stopped when Luke Fickel left.
  #102  
Old 01-01-19, 08:40 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 36,143
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I think Haskins is going pro, but still believe Hill would benefit by staying another year.
Is there a real QB transfering in ?
  #103  
Old 01-01-19, 08:41 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 36,143
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Could Haskins drop to the Bengals in the draft.
he'd go back to school
  #104  
Old 01-01-19, 08:58 PM
Bad_Bengal Bad_Bengal is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-05-18
Posts: 8
Bad_Bengal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Is there a real QB transfering in ?
Georgia backup QB has expressed interest in transferring to OSU, but I think he would have to sit out a year.
  #105  
Old 01-01-19, 09:07 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,522
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
This is what concerns me. Borland plays way too many snaps. Imo, he's a below average OSU LB. But if he's playing so much, that tells me there's nobody behind him pushing to take his spot. Now that is frightening. I think good linebacker play stopped when Luke Fickel left.
Linebacker play has declined tremendously since Fickell has been gone. There need to be a few tweaks to the coaching staff, and this is arguably the biggest one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  #106  
Old 01-01-19, 09:19 PM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,093
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Lol I remember when everyone wanted Fickell fired after the 2013 season.
  #107  
Old 01-01-19, 09:29 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,522
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
That is very true.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  #108  
Old 01-01-19, 09:36 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 4,239
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Lol I remember when everyone wanted Fickell fired after the 2013 season.
As HC not as DC/ LB coach. Although he was HC in 2011.
  #109  
Old 01-01-19, 09:42 PM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,093
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
No people wanted him fired as DC after 2013. Coombs also had his detractors for the secondary play that year. Meyer brought in Chris Ash and made them Co-coordinators after that season.
  #110  
Old 01-01-19, 11:17 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 17,170
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Stop complaining they won.
  #111  
Old 01-02-19, 03:16 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,954
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Hey, I attached a photo that I took last fall, from the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge on Lake Washington. I did a bicycle ride that day.

In the distance on the right side of the bridge, you can see the U of Washington and Husky Stadium. You can see the two large overhangs over the grandstands of the stadium.

There are quite a few other stadiums up here in the Seattle Area which have those overhangs. Of course this is due to the amount of rainy days up here that start happening in the fall, especially after the second half of the football season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UW bike ride floating bridge.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2712  
  #112  
Old 01-02-19, 08:22 AM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,979
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Stop complaining they won.
Post of the year
  #113  
Old 01-02-19, 09:48 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 36,143
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Stop complaining they won.
lol


starting off the year right, b!
  #114  
Old 01-02-19, 11:00 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 4,239
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
And this is the reason that nobody wanted to see a OSU/Wash matchup. It clearly should have been GA/OSU playing instead...
Yeah UGA probably wished they had not have to play Texas either.
  #115  
Old 01-02-19, 12:43 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 17,170
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
lLet me positive old brian is gone.yes struggled 2 half. But survived.
  #116  
Old 01-02-19, 12:50 PM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 436
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Yeah UGA probably wished they had not have to play Texas either.
Thanks Captain Hindsight. Even many OSU fans on here felt that they should have been playing Georgia.

If you noted when the GA/TX game started though, I mentioned that Texas may have a chance to win due to Georgia having their top 4-5 players out and their DC not coaching due to taking another job. They had tons of mental mistakes also that were uncharacteristic, such as Swift fumbling twice after not doing so all year and the punter touching his knee on a punt followed by a shank. Texas deserved to win though, as they were much more motivated from the beginning.

I also didn't expect OSU to take their foot off of the gas and let Washington back in. They should have beat them by at least 3 TDs.

Moving forward, bowl games for the top teams will be tough to analyze properly due to the players sitting out. It is no longer a pride thing for their school, they treat it like an exhibition. Understandable though. Was a good bowl game day otherwise...
  #117  
Old 01-02-19, 12:57 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 4,239
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
Thanks Captain Hindsight. Even many OSU fans on here felt that they should have been playing Georgia.

If you noted when the GA/TX game started though, I mentioned that Texas may have a chance to win due to Georgia having their top 4-5 players out and their DC not coaching due to taking another job. They had tons of mental mistakes also that were uncharacteristic, such as Swift fumbling twice after not doing so all year and the punter touching his knee on a punt followed by a shank. Texas deserved to win though, as they were much more motivated from the beginning.

I also didn't expect OSU to take their foot off of the gas and let Washington back in. They should have beat them by at least 3 TDs.

Moving forward, bowl games for the top teams will be tough to analyze properly due to the players sitting out. It is no longer a pride thing for their school, they treat it like an exhibition. Understandable though. Was a good bowl game day otherwise...
My point was unless these teams play each other nobody knows who is going to win the game. Most media people were saying UGA was the 3rd best team in the nation, obviously not.
  #118  
Old 01-02-19, 01:07 PM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 436
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
My point was unless these teams play each other nobody knows who is going to win the game. Most media people were saying UGA was the 3rd best team in the nation, obviously not.
I understand that, but if Georgia was playing in the playoffs then all of the players that sat out would be playing and the team would look different. The top players don't care about a meaningless bowl game anymore and therefore the best team doesn't always win, it showed in various bowl games this season.

Saying that, Georgia didn't deserve the playoffs anyway due to losing 2 games this year and not winning their conference championship...
  #119  
Old 01-02-19, 01:28 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 4,239
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I understand that, but if Georgia was playing in the playoffs then all of the players that sat out would be playing and the team would look different. The top players don't care about a meaningless bowl game anymore and therefore the best team doesn't always win, it showed in various bowl games this season..
One player sat out, the others were injured. Ohio State had 3 starters missing yesterday and won. Last year Denzel Ward sat out and OSU held Sam Darnold to 7 pts. It is only a meaningless bowl game when the SEC loses.
  #120  
Old 01-02-19, 01:36 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,775
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
One player sat out, the others were injured. Ohio State had 3 starters missing yesterday and won. Last year Denzel Ward sat out and OSU held Sam Darnold to 7 pts. It is only a meaningless bowl game when the SEC loses.
What about when Michigan got drubbed the other day. There were plenty of people saying it was tough to judge because of how many defensive players were missing. The other side was saying how lousy Harbaugh's offense is, but it isn't ONLY brought up when the SEC loses. Little brother syndrome much?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breaking News: Urban Meyer Retiring After Rose Bowl Pope Francis 1 Football 123 12-10-18 07:35 PM
Akron Rubber Bowl coming down. jbica001 Football 73 07-01-18 06:59 PM
The freshman Ohio State offensive lineman catching attention in bowl prep DB135 Massillon Tigers 0 12-27-17 07:02 PM
2017 Week 0 (Kentucky) Sykotyk National Football Board 1 12-24-17 10:25 AM
2017 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) cchs1983 Football 446 11-28-17 07:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.