Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-03-19, 09:36 AM
Junior Varsity

Soupcity99 is on a distinguished road
Spectrum Sports future

I noticed that the spectrum sports channel on time warner cable that carried high school games is no longer available. I know they started a new News Channel so i wonder if they are going to roll high school sports onto that channel. They had website where you could stream replay and live games but that has been removed as well. I wonder what the future holds for airing high school games.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-19, 10:26 AM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
I noticed that, too. I would think that you could still show the basketball finals on channel 1 but, think they make more people unhappy with news being knocked off for sports.

Maybe they are trying to force people to watch their idea of news but, I don't even like local news anymore...regional approach is not a step in the right direction ( assume it comes from Columbus but even Cincinnati wouldn't help where I live ).

Might be the step to cut the cord.
Old 01-07-19, 10:04 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Can't help but think it was something they kept going from the acquisition of Time Warner to appease customers but, as time passed, they found it lost money/didn't have good ratings etc. and decided to phase it out.

I cut the cord with Spectrum after my TV/Internet bill was pushing $200 a month but wanting to watch the playoffs last fall, tried to view some online with my parent's login info and would still of had to pay to see certain games live.
Old 01-07-19, 10:17 AM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupcity99 View Post
I noticed that the spectrum sports channel on time warner cable that carried high school games is no longer available. I know they started a new News Channel so i wonder if they are going to roll high school sports onto that channel. They had website where you could stream replay and live games but that has been removed as well. I wonder what the future holds for airing high school games.
I think your correct when there are games going to be played it will be on instead of the news. For some reason I think that's what they did for the football games.
Old 01-07-19, 10:17 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
The sportschannel is gone which sucks but they just put the sports on that stupid news channel. I do not know why they did this.....

I still get the website to watch replays... so far they have not done any basketball games.
Old 01-08-19, 06:23 PM
All Region

fballfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
The sportschannel is gone which sucks but they just put the sports on that stupid news channel. I do not know why they did this.....

I still get the website to watch replays... so far they have not done any basketball games.
From my understanding, Spectrum will not be doing basketball game until the state final four. It will be interesting to see if they do hockey, wrestling and basketball finals as part of contract with OHSAA.
Old 01-08-19, 08:03 PM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
I contacted them and they said i was to keep cost down.
My reply was that is laughable being how often and how much the bill goes up.
Old 01-08-19, 08:28 PM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
During football, they had one game on 311 and the alternate game on 314 thru the playoffs. The finals were on the News1 channel.

I appreciate that they want to keep the cost down but, I'd rather see the cost savings and they can skip the news.
Old 01-09-19, 02:44 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Can't help but think it was something they kept going from the acquisition of Time Warner to appease customers but, as time passed, they found it lost money/didn't have good ratings etc. and decided to phase it out.

I cut the cord with Spectrum after my TV/Internet bill was pushing $200 a month but wanting to watch the playoffs last fall, tried to view some online with my parent's login info and would still of had to pay to see certain games live.
I cut the cord too when it got to 200 dollars a month. I kept Spectrum high speed internet,bought 2 Roku Ultras, a Magic Jack for local and long distance calls and added Youtube TV which has all the sports channels I got with Spectrum cable.. well minus the Spectrum sports channels that I did miss a little. My bill went from 200 a month down to 113.00 a month. Youtube TV costs 40 dollars a month,the recorder is also unlimited and shows stay in your library for 9 months.