Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-02-19, 01:53 PM
Freshman

Big932 is on a distinguished road
Best HC jobs Available?

Thoughts on the best coaching jobs available right now?

In SW Ohio, Id have to think:

1.Little Miami
2.Miamisburg
3.Madison
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-19, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
If you are looking at going to a program that has a storied past, not many openings are as big as Versailles right now.
Old 01-02-19, 02:41 PM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
I would have to put Ursuline at or near the top of any list. Tons of tradition, good support from alumni, the ability to have good athletes, its all there, just need a coach.
Old 01-02-19, 05:03 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
The best jobs pretty much don't exist anymore. The best ones are where the school and community have REALISTIC expectations. The kinds of schools where you win more than you lose, people don't lose their minds over non playoff years, and where all the powers to be actually support you running a program, which means a coach helping players become well respectable young men in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. A place where you can coach for 20+ years, send your kids through the schools, etc. Unfortunately, those jobs are pretty much extinct.
Old 01-02-19, 05:24 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
The best jobs pretty much don't exist anymore. The best ones are where the school and community have REALISTIC expectations. The kinds of schools where you win more than you lose, people don't lose their minds over non playoff years, and where all the powers to be actually support you running a program, which means a coach helping players become well respectable young men in the classroom, on the field, and in the community. A place where you can coach for 20+ years, send your kids through the schools, etc. Unfortunately, those jobs are pretty much extinct.
Good post. You have to win now to keep job
Old 01-02-19, 07:06 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Great post!!! Highly agree!
Old 01-08-19, 01:12 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Those jobs still exist, they just only have 1 opening every 2 decades. I would say Dover fits that description well.
Old 01-09-19, 01:33 PM
Varsity

ptpattenpackerfan is on a distinguished road
Ah, Cincifbfan, we at least agree on that matter. Great post! Too bad that HS football has digressed so far from what you have posted. No longer about a 20-yr. position wherein a coach's main purpose and goal is to inspire young men to become persons of integrity who serve family and community as such. Too many coaches looking to "move-up" the ladder to the next "best" program in their eyes or even the next level (college etc.). The Little Miami experience just illustrates this all the more.
Old 01-10-19, 05:44 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Sylvania Southview head coach Jim Mayzes retired after 25 years
Old 01-16-19, 01:36 PM
Varsity

Sliver of Hope is on a distinguished road
Tallmadge is now open. They may have a tough time getting a coach that requires a teaching position, as they are need of passing a levy which failed back in November. Maybe Te Sliver will apply. Tallmadge is a great little town.
Old 01-17-19, 08:36 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Can someone provide some clarity for me. I was on linkedin and saw the Hughes High School HC position as open. I spoke to a friend on staff there and they said its not open. Anyone heard anything different?
Old 01-17-19, 09:16 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1982 View Post
Can someone provide some clarity for me. I was on linkedin and saw the Hughes High School HC position as open. I spoke to a friend on staff there and they said its not open. Anyone heard anything different?
It's January 17, 2019

Nothing on www.ohsaa.org or www.footballscoop.com

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 01-17-19, 10:22 AM
Freshman

What about the Carroll job?

I remember from the late 90s to the late 00s, Carroll had a really good run of talent. Since then, they've fallen off. I know there's an issue with retirement/pay when going to a Catholic school, but one would think this is a desirable job with expectations having been lowered as of late.
Old 01-17-19, 10:45 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
regarding Carroll.
It is currently the 3rd of 3 catholic schools in Dayton in terms of football. Since those kids can pick anywhere they want to go with no regards to any boundaries, I would say that job might not be an easy one. Not only do you have to turn it around, you have to convince kids to go to your school over Alter and CJ.
Old 01-17-19, 10:58 AM
Freshman

Fair point.

I know Alter has produced quite a few high level college/NFL guys. Graham, Mangold, Zaire, Finke are the ones I know off the top of my head. I'd guess any elite talent in the Dayton area would want to go there.
Old 01-17-19, 11:28 AM
All District

yipyap is on a distinguished road
John Smith did a great job at Bexley. Job is open. Could be a good long term job for the right person. School not as bad as its 2 year record.
Old 01-18-19, 10:09 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Good post. You have to win now to keep job
Not everywhere....