Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-18, 02:08 PM
Football Fanatik Football Fanatik is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-01-17
Posts: 39
Football Fanatik is on a distinguished road
2019 CC Crusaders Predictions & Thoughts

I've heard some good things but a lot of holes as well. I'm going to take an early stab and say 7-3 since they got Strongsville off the schedule.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-21-18, 08:44 PM
doubtme doubtme is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-26-09
Location: USA
Posts: 584
doubtme is on a distinguished road
what do they have coming back?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-18, 09:51 PM
football legend football legend is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-01-17
Posts: 44
football legend is on a distinguished road
They have a solid group back. I'd expect to see an improved offense but the defense has a lot of holes that need to be filled. Miller at RB is a 4 yr starter. Beck (DB,QB), Diruzza (DB,RB), Janowicz (OL), and Neal (DB,WR) all played as sophomores and started as juniors. Walton transferred from Orrville and started at LB, he will be a big part of the offense as well. I'd like to see Miller, Walton, and Diruzza share carries as they'll be playing defense as well. Miller has strength, Diruzza has speed, and Walton is a combo of both.
DB's will be very good with 4 seniors ( Beck, Diruzza, Neal, and Boron). Need to fill the O line holes. Heard they'll have 2 new big guys. They might move Janowicz to center so they can run behind him more. They have a 6'3 soph receiver that has good skills. The QB & receiving corp should be a big upgrade from last years team.
People should feel good about the crusaders in 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-26-18, 02:10 PM
Stark Born & Bred Stark Born & Bred is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-09-14
Posts: 2,391
Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by football legend View Post
They have a solid group back. I'd expect to see an improved offense but the defense has a lot of holes that need to be filled. Miller at RB is a 4 yr starter. Beck (DB,QB), Diruzza (DB,RB), Janowicz (OL), and Neal (DB,WR) all played as sophomores and started as juniors. Walton transferred from Orrville and started at LB, he will be a big part of the offense as well. I'd like to see Miller, Walton, and Diruzza share carries as they'll be playing defense as well. Miller has strength, Diruzza has speed, and Walton is a combo of both.
DB's will be very good with 4 seniors ( Beck, Diruzza, Neal, and Boron). Need to fill the O line holes. Heard they'll have 2 new big guys. They might move Janowicz to center so they can run behind him more. They have a 6'3 soph receiver that has good skills. The QB & receiving corp should be a big upgrade from last years team.
People should feel good about the crusaders in 2019.
I felt better about this year's team than I did next year's team and we went 3-7 . . . I hope I am wrong as I have been wrong before but I am not overly optimistic.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-18, 08:31 PM
Nino Brown Nino Brown is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-14
Posts: 502
Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I felt better about this year's team than I did next year's team and we went 3-7 . . . I hope I am wrong as I have been wrong before but I am not overly optimistic.
Stark, I love ya. I agree with you that the 18 team is better than than 19 team, talent wise. Just like the 14 team was better than the 2000 team. Lol. The 18 team lacked offense and that canít be denied or argued in quality games. We lacked execution. We lacked getting the ball in the play makers hand and we ran a vanilla offense. Chalk that up to whatever you like-play calling or sub par players. 3 and 7. That is all that has to be said.

I like the look of the team of 19. They have plenty of skill, but it has to be used. The O will be more explosive this year if used right.

The D has to fill holes and I think they will. I do worry about getting gutted up the middle against the big schools.

In the end, I like our chances. Line play will determine how far we go just like in 14.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-03-19, 01:15 PM
Stark Born & Bred Stark Born & Bred is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-09-14
Posts: 2,391
Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
Stark, I love ya. I agree with you that the 18 team is better than than 19 team, talent wise. Just like the 14 team was better than the 2000 team. Lol. The 18 team lacked offense and that canít be denied or argued in quality games. We lacked execution. We lacked getting the ball in the play makers hand and we ran a vanilla offense. Chalk that up to whatever you like-play calling or sub par players. 3 and 7. That is all that has to be said.

I like the look of the team of 19. They have plenty of skill, but it has to be used. The O will be more explosive this year if used right.

The D has to fill holes and I think they will. I do worry about getting gutted up the middle against the big schools.

In the end, I like our chances. Line play will determine how far we go just like in 14.
Nobody has loved me since my dog died. Thanks, Nino!!

As for 2019 . . . time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-19, 05:06 PM
bagobones bagobones is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-30-17
Posts: 136
bagobones is on a distinguished road
5-5
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-19, 03:44 PM
football legend football legend is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-01-17
Posts: 44
football legend is on a distinguished road
7-3
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-19, 11:24 AM
Stark Born & Bred Stark Born & Bred is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-09-14
Posts: 2,391
Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by football legend View Post
7-3
I will take the under.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-19, 07:36 AM
Nino Brown Nino Brown is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-14
Posts: 502
Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I will take the under.
Hey Slip, is there any sunshine you can give to our friend Stark about the 2019 season? lol You usually got a grip on the schedule, who are we playing?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-09-19, 08:12 AM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,450
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
1 (H) Massillon Perry -- Thursday
2 (H) Norwayne
3 (H) South Range
4 (A) St. Thomas Aquinas -- Thursday
5 (H) New Philadelphia
6 (A) Akron Green
7 (H) Carrollton
8 (H) Massillon Jackson
9 OPEN DATE
10 (A) Louisville
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-19, 11:10 AM
Stark Born & Bred Stark Born & Bred is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-09-14
Posts: 2,391
Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
1 (H) Massillon Perry -- Thursday
2 (H) Norwayne
3 (H) South Range
4 (A) St. Thomas Aquinas -- Thursday
5 (H) New Philadelphia
6 (A) Akron Green
7 (H) Carrollton
8 (H) Massillon Jackson
9 OPEN DATE
10 (A) Louisville
Wow. I will stick with the under.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 - 17/18U Grizzlies Baseball Club - Looking for Catcher & Shortstop Dutch Baseball 1 09-03-18 05:10 PM
2019 teamfirst 16u TFB Baseball 2 07-22-18 05:45 PM
NFL DRAFT 2018 Predictions And Other Chat CusswordExpert614 National Football Board 1 01-29-18 01:59 PM
Barberton @ Highland thoughts and predictions rpo101 Football 129 10-29-17 12:04 PM
PTC County after week 2 thoughts and predictions Footballfever123 Football 13 09-05-17 09:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz