Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-18, 07:48 PM
Cooling Off

The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Wait until JJ hears this news
If Dan Reardon gets the job, Massillon should Continue the series because they currently own him
Old 12-20-18, 07:55 PM
Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post

If Dan Reardon gets the job, Massillon should Continue the series because they currently own him
Just shutup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-18, 08:46 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Cool

If I was Louisville, I'd make a bee-line to Granville Ohio offer the job right now to former Tri-Valley and current G-Ville HC Buttermore, the guy wins and makes the playoffs yearly, heck I think his last TV team was in the State Title game, but he's not gonna be cheap, gonna have to make him a Asst. AD or some other do nothing job and let him just coach FB, but thats if you wanna change the program and get it to the next level
Old 12-20-18, 09:21 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Supposedly Scott Garcia was asked and said no....if Reardon is in the mix, St V wanted him but couldn't match his pay from McKinley...he really must want out of there. Buttermore is a great suggestion...I wonder if West Branch is thinking this idea
Old 12-20-18, 09:51 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
If that’s true about Garcia then we dodged a bullet. I’d rather stick with DeMarco than have Garcia.
Old 12-21-18, 07:22 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Agreed!
Old 12-21-18, 08:15 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Neither Garcia nor Reardon have had any contact with Louisville or any one associated.

Just the other day Whiting was the hot rumor

and if you go read the Ursuline thread they are saying Reardon is going there.

Sounds like no one knows. The only one that we all kinda knew was the return of the former OC from Tuslaw back to marlington

Keep guessing
Old 12-21-18, 08:22 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Neither Garcia nor Reardon have had any contact with Louisville or any one associated.

Just the other day Whiting was the hot rumor

and if you go read the Ursuline thread they are saying Reardon is going there.

Sounds like no one knows. The only one that we all kinda knew was the return of the former OC from Tuslaw back to marlington

Keep guessing

I hardly believe anyone in the Ville was buying that statement about Garcia or Reardon. I'm positively sure the committee tasked with finding our next coach is looking for a highly energetic coach with youth, upside, and sprinkled with established success. Count it.
Old 12-21-18, 08:30 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Only thing I count on is the beginning of next season.

Don't we watch this sort of thing every so many years when multiple jobs open and the guessing game commences?

I expect nothing less then a professional process at Minerva, Marlington, now Tuslaw, and especially at Louisville.

No matter who gets what - there is always someone who puts their hater hat on and starts running their mouths about things they don't know anything about.....so goes yappi
Old 12-21-18, 08:32 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Supposedly Scott Garcia was asked and said no....if Reardon is in the mix, St V wanted him but couldn't match his pay from McKinley...
Typical fake news from this guy
Old 12-21-18, 08:46 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Sorry I'm still laughing at Alliance and Louisville being "parallel" jobs.
How so? Alliance has a brand new weight room. Solid facilities that are getting upgraded.

at least both districts donít have a current freeze pay and are currently millions of dollars in debt all because some vacuum cleaner plant shutdown
Old 12-21-18, 09:53 AM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
How so? Alliance has a brand new weight room. Solid facilities that are getting upgraded.

at least both districts donít have a current freeze pay and are currently millions of dollars in debt all because some vacuum cleaner plant shutdown
My guess is the fact that Louisville has dominated the series in the past 10 years or so leads him to say that. Of course, the Aviators broke through in 2017. An Alliance-Louisville game last year would have been entertaining. Really, it's a series that should be played annually. It's a no-brainer.
Old 12-21-18, 10:41 AM
All Region

savage4president
Who on staff is wanting this job? Are there any potential H.C.'s currently working at Louisville?
Old 12-21-18, 11:03 AM
All American

Supposedly the dc applied. If so, that is laughable. He should be banned from coaching any level of football.
Old 12-21-18, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Is there a Poyser on the coaching staff at Hoban?
Old 12-21-18, 11:23 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
What about Ed Miley.. Don't know if he is interested in HC again but that name came up in Minerva..
Old 12-21-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
What about Ed Miley.. Don't know if he is interested in HC again but that name came up in Minerva..
Is he still down in the northern suburbs of Columbus?
Old 12-21-18, 11:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
For the 100th. Time Marlington and Alliance were dead set against the move. Unfortunately they got backed into a corner and basically were pretty much forced to go along. I'm guessing in the next couple years the EBC will fold and Marlington, Alliance and Louisville will form a new conference. As far as filling in the rest of the league !!!! Who knows.
Wildcat, I don't believe this to be 100% accurate, but I heard that a potential solution was to have Dover, New Philli and possibly Wooster join the NBC and have a 2 tier conference but Alliance and Marlington wanted no part of it so it never got any traction. It could have been for travel reasons?? I also heard that Marlington and Alliance were both on board with getting Louisville out. They were not forced to do anything. As much as I like your posts I don't totally agree with this one. Neither Marlington or Alliance have been dominate in any sport and Louisville usually stood in their way. I really like both programs but do you really think the 2018 week 10 game would have been for the league championship had Louisville still been in the conference? I say no- it would have been for 2nd place. Also, we would still be talking about Louisville as the team to catch in 2019.. Again, nothing but props for both progams but neither are in the same category as Louisville.

FYI- I did not like the disbanding of the NBC and wish Louisville was still in it.

Last edited by NBC 1988; 12-26-18 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-21-18, 11:49 AM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wildcat, I don't believe this to be 100% accurate, but I heard that a potential solution was to have Dover, New Philli and possibly Wooster join the NBC and have a 2 tier conference but Alliance and Marlington wanted no part of it so it never got any traction. It could have been for travel reasons?? I also heard that Marlington and Alliance were both on board with getting Louisville out. They were not forced to do anything. As much as I like your posts I don't totally agree with this one. Neither Marlington or Alliance have been dominate in any sport and Louisville usually stood in their way. I really like both programs but do you really think the 2018 week 10 game would have been for the league championship had Louisville still been in the conference? I say no- it would have been for 2nd place. Also, we would still be talking about Louisville as the team to catch in 2019.. Again, nothing but props for both progams but neither are in the same category as Louisville.

FYI- I didn't not like the disbanding of the NBC and wish Louisville was still in it.
I think marlington Louisville game would've been a great game to see. Basically both schools had the same kids coming back from the yr before. Who would've won? Who knows. But I would give the advantage to Louisville bc of all the injuries to the dukes. People have no idea how bad the dukes were beat up. Expectations were high before all the injuries. But that's part of football. I was actually proud of the kids in how they played w out using an excuse bc of injuries.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-18, 12:06 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
My guess is the fact that Louisville has dominated the series in the past 10 years or so leads him to say that. Of course, the Aviators broke through in 2017. An Alliance-Louisville game last year would have been entertaining. Really, it's a series that should be played annually. It's a no-brainer.
I took it as heís taking a jab at Alliance. I agree, 2020-2021 it will be back. Whiting wants Louisville on the schedule
Old 12-21-18, 02:57 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
I think marlington Louisville game would've been a great game to see. Basically both schools had the same kids coming back from the yr before. Who would've won? Who knows. But I would give the advantage to Louisville bc of all the injuries to the dukes. People have no idea how bad the dukes were beat up. Expectations were high before all the injuries. But that's part of football. I was actually proud of the kids in how they played w out using an excuse bc of injuries.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
True. Marlington has a talented class of juniors. It would have been a pretty good game this year and next year. But in the long run I think Louisville would dominate the series just like they have in the past. I think Alliance can sustain better teams on a yearly basis with Whiting as a coach. That's just my opinion..
Old 12-21-18, 02:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Is he still down in the northern suburbs of Columbus?
I think he is still an assistant at Olentangy Liberty.. He worked a miracle a Marlington..
Old 12-21-18, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
This is not a surprise to me. General sentiment the past few seasons was that people were fed up with him from what I heard at the games.

The best part of the Marlington games was the wrestling.
Old 12-21-18, 04:33 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
Sounds like they are doing some good things to make sure and get this hire right. Committee of 4 people, 3 of them very knowledgeable about the game, will have the majority of the heavy lifting to do. AD and Super will rubber stamp the committee's selection. This will not be a collect resumes and see what looks good, sounds like they are going to go after the people they want to talk to and get the guy they want. Anyone who tells you they have Information regarding who the next coach will be is full of IT. The people doing the searching are very tight lipped about who they want and who is on that list. I love the old "Sam the butcher at Giant Eagle to me it will be the guy at XYZ" lol throw out a bunch of crap and see of any of it sticks.
Who is on the selection committee? That should not be confidential information. I hope your right and they are in fact "football people" not "wealthy people"
Old 12-21-18, 08:07 PM
All District

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
They interviewed 10 of the best applicants throughout the week, and will narrow that down to a final 2 or 3, and bring those gentlemen back for a final interview sometime after the new year
Old 12-21-18, 08:20 PM
Junior Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
True. Marlington has a talented class of juniors. It would have been a pretty good game this year and next year. But in the long run I think Louisville would dominate the series just like they have in the past. I think Alliance can sustain better teams on a yearly basis with Whiting as a coach. That's just my opinion..
You can tell.Whiting does a great job with his kids in the weightroom. They are typically physically stronger thsn their opponents. I have heard the leopards have not done a grest job with offseason conditioning and this was one of the major reasons for the coaches dismissal
Old 12-21-18, 10:29 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCoach47 View Post
They interviewed 10 of the best applicants throughout the week, and will narrow that down to a final 2 or 3, and bring those gentlemen back for a final interview sometime after the new year
If you know this then why not divulge the names of the committee members?
Old 12-22-18, 07:22 AM
Junior Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
If you know this then why not divulge the names of the committee members?
Its a secret society
Old 12-22-18, 12:54 PM
Varsity

therock02 is on a distinguished road
What do the future schedules (2019-2020) look like?
Old 12-22-18, 03:24 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also, we would still be talking about Louisville as the team to catch in 2019.. Again, nothing but props for both progams but neither are in the same category as Louisville.

FYI- I didn't not like the disbanding of the NBC and wish Louisville was still in it.
Solid post and one that I agree with. As a Louisville fan, I don't have anything against Alliance or Marlington and would like a new league with Dover, New Philadelphia, Wooster, Central Catholic, Louisville and both Alliance and Marlington. If I could only pick one, though, I'd choose Alliance over Marlington.