Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-20-18, 08:26 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,399
y2h is on a distinguished road
Sorry I'm still laughing at Alliance and Louisville being "parallel" jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-20-18, 08:32 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 914
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Wildcat I do have a clue, I know the talent the boys have. Itís a shame they ainít in our conference no more. It would be one hell of a game between the Dukes and the Leopards

Louisville would put a running clock on Marlington with what you have coming back next season. The fact Balderson left should be a strong indication of what Marlington's future holds.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-20-18, 08:40 AM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Louisville would put a running clock on Marlington with what you have coming back next season. The fact Balderson left should be a strong indication of what Marlington's future holds.
Highly doubt it. Prior two years of playing should have been an indication. Too bad the ďtigersĒ couldnít defeat the paper tigers week 9
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-20-18, 08:45 AM
Leopard4life Leopard4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-11-17
Posts: 103
Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Guys please just skip over anything that MM says. Responding to him will only keep him around longer. Ignore him and he will disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-20-18, 08:47 AM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Guys please just skip over anything that MM says. Responding to him will only keep him around longer. Ignore him and he will disappear.
Sorry daddy. You mad because I know more history about your little Leopards?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-20-18, 08:48 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 914
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Highly doubt it. Prior two years of playing should have been an indication. Too bad the ďtigersĒ couldnít defeat the paper tigers week 9
The only team Marlington would beat on our schedule is South Range, which I see Marlington did beat this year. All other EBC teams, with exception of Alliance, would have went 0-10 The EBC is trash and won't be around in five years. You lost to a 5-5 Louisville team with one of the worst defenses in it's history. What does that say for Marlington?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-20-18, 08:56 AM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
The only team Marlington would beat on our schedule is South Range, which I see Marlington did beat this year. All other EBC teams, with exception of Alliance, would have went 0-10 The EBC is trash and won't be around in five years. You lost to a 5-5 Louisville team with one of the worst defenses in it's history. What does that say for Marlington?
You act like your schedule was brutal. With the exception of Massillon, Perry, Hoover and potentially Lake..Iíd honestly say the same exact record as your blue jaguars. Mooney, Ursuline, and CCC were all very down and you caught them in the perfect down year. If you wanna start comparing schedule and scores then letís do that

Marlington 35
South Range 12

Louisville 27
South Range 6

Yeah my Dukes would have been clearly outmatched against the Blue Jaguars!!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-20-18, 08:57 AM
Lynus24 Lynus24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-10
Posts: 1,122
Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Well L4Life, appears the announcement did not come yesterday at 11:03. Lynus and I are disappointed, we stopped by Bud's, threw down many cold ones, and Hitme and Oldman had to call us a taxi. My head is still hurting.
Your head is hurting, but the damn taxi driver is still driving me around. Iíll have him drop me back at Buds when they open.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-20-18, 09:01 AM
COACH_XYZ&12345 COACH_XYZ&12345 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-23-15
Posts: 914
COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Your head is hurting, but the damn taxi driver is still driving me around. I’ll have him drop me back at Buds when they open.
While you are at it, have that taxi driver drive over to Marlboro, and run over this clown who keeps embarrassing Marlington's fanbase and community.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-20-18, 09:03 AM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
While you are at it, have that taxi driver drive over to Marlboro, and run over this clown who keeps embarrassing Marlington's fanbase and community.
Iím not embarrassing anyone. Iím just speaking facts. Too bad the Blue Jaguars and the Dukes wonít smash heads due to political bullcrap. Iíd be excited to watch the boys play ball!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-20-18, 09:10 AM
Lynus24 Lynus24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-10
Posts: 1,122
Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
For the 100th. Time Marlington and Alliance were dead set against the move. Unfortunately they got backed into a corner and basically were pretty much forced to go along. I'm guessing in the next couple years the EBC will fold and Marlington, Alliance and Louisville will form a new conference. As far as filling in the rest of the league !!!! Who knows.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "Marlington and Alliance were dead set against the move" stuff. Every school in the NBC had a vote...every school voted them out.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-20-18, 09:18 AM
savage4president savage4president is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-15-05
Posts: 303
savage4president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole "Marlington and Alliance were dead set against the move" stuff. Every school in the NBC had a vote...every school voted them out.
Its actually simple...The vast majority of coaches and their staffs were against removing them, sadly, the coaches did not get a vote! If you want to be bitter, then be bitter towards Salem and W.B. they were the main culprits!

Personally, I think Louisville should have gotten out years ago. The competition in the NBC did nothing to prepare them for post season, and running clocks are not that fun.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-20-18, 09:46 AM
Lynus24 Lynus24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-10
Posts: 1,122
Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage4president View Post
Its actually simple...The vast majority of coaches and their staffs were against removing them, sadly, the coaches did not get a vote! If you want to be bitter, then be bitter towards Salem and W.B. they were the main culprits!

Personally, I think Louisville should have gotten out years ago. The competition in the NBC did nothing to prepare them for post season, and running clocks are not that fun.
your right...it is simple. Every school had a vote...and every school voted them out. Now nobody wants to look like a little crybaby. I have more respect for the ones that have the balls to stand by their decision than the ones who claim they didn't want this but were scared to stand up and fight for what they now claim is what they wanted.

I could care less if were in the NBC or not. I'm a supporter of our current schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-20-18, 09:50 AM
NBC 1988 NBC 1988 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 294
NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I heard Jim Tressel is a leading candidate.
No way you can get Tressel with the Marlington job open. Marlington is the most dominate team in the universe - according tot he Marlboro Man!! What coach in their right mind wouldn't want to work there??
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-20-18, 09:57 AM
NBC 1988 NBC 1988 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 294
NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
You act like your schedule was brutal. With the exception of Massillon, Perry, Hoover and potentially Lake..I’d honestly say the same exact record as your blue jaguars. Mooney, Ursuline, and CCC were all very down and you caught them in the perfect down year. If you wanna start comparing schedule and scores then let’s do that

Marlington 35
South Range 12

Louisville 27
South Range 6

Yeah my Dukes would have been clearly outmatched against the Blue Jaguars!!
The Dukes may have finished 5-5 with Louisvile's schedule. Would have lost to Canfiled, Hoover, Perry, Lake, Massillon. would have struggled with Mooney. However, I do think 2019 will be their year with a very good senior class.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-20-18, 10:16 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,221
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
the trend on yappi continues

coaching change at a high school - newbies pop up and spout off

hopefully Marlington AD picks up the phone and calls to put the Leps back on the schedule since they really didn't want to stop playing anyhow. What would stop him?

Most schools love playing their backyard rivalry
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-20-18, 11:34 AM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
the trend on yappi continues

coaching change at a high school - newbies pop up and spout off

hopefully Marlington AD picks up the phone and calls to put the Leps back on the schedule since they really didn't want to stop playing anyhow. What would stop him?

Most schools love playing their backyard rivalry
I agree! Let the boys play ball!!!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-20-18, 12:23 PM
basselope basselope is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-14-07
Location: The Ville
Posts: 401
basselope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Please stop with the "He was 6-4 with a tough schedule " argument. Schedule on paper looked good, but in the end we beat a bunch of bad teams.
Green - 1-9
Lake - 6-4 (Wins vs Green, Columbus West and Glen Oak who were awful).
Ursuline- 1-9
Mooney - 4-6 (Wins vs Ursline and 2 Canadian teams)
South Range - 4-6 (1 win vs a team with winning record)
CCC - 4-6 (perhaps worst CCC team in 2 decades)


As far as expectations go, yes we expect our coach to show up to fundraising events, we expect our coach to show up at banquets where his players are being recognized, we expect our coach to take an active role in the youth program and generate excitement about the program, we expect our our coach to help kids that want to play in college maximize that opportunity, we expect our coach to accept full responsibility for the entire program not just the offense. If those expectations are out of line then we might as well just cancel the damn program. Change isnt always a bad thing, look at the Wrestling program. Berk is a great guy (as is JD), but he wasnt a great coach, so they made a change and now we have a program that is one of the best in the area and will send multiple kids to Columbus this year. Biggest misconception going around is that if you are a "good guy" then you are good coach. That's not true, and it's ok to admit that.
All due respect but Pasteur’s site indicates we had the #1 rated Toughest Schedule in all of Div III.

https://www.fantastic50.net/team197.html

Those are some exceptional programs you are throwing a boorish comment at. Lake also beat Dover & Perry & Mooney beat St Francis DeSales, a couple of lightweights there for sure. Lake and Mooney likely would walk thru an NBC/EBC schedule this year. The rest of our “Bad” opponents were rated higher than all the NBC/EBC teams except the Marlington & Alliance. Attached a rating listing of everyone we played as well as the former NBC teams. Anyway we look at this it was a significant upgrade to our past schedule & the team & players did a nice job this year. I am glad we are out of that league but If we had not been kicked out by the NBC/EBC Pucadores we probably make the playoffs and win a game or 2.

I used to go to most of the TD club meetings and the fund raisers and coach was always there. Was not aware he stopped going.

As for helping kids get to the next level, I know a number of players that have played or are playing at the next level that he directly helped. He gets involved with recruitment of players all the time. In fact, I got a couple of really funny e-mails this past week from College coaches about this issue involving current recruits.

I know I am in the minority on the group who actively post here but from a football only vantage point, there is one big reason I don’t like a change this year and that is # 18. He has a lot of potential and throws the ball as well anyone we ever had and that is saying something. He has run this same offense for 2 seasons now and he knows the playbook front to back and our success or failure will be greatly influenced by how well he plays. Our strengths going into next year will be QB, WR & DL. As Kerhes says: Players formations and plays. We need to put our top players in the best position to make plays. And changing a playbook for a Sr multi-year starting QB is not a simple or smart change.


Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-20-18, 12:35 PM
NBC 1988 NBC 1988 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 294
NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Louisville would put a running clock on Marlington with what you have coming back next season. The fact Balderson left should be a strong indication of what Marlington's future holds.
That is a great point. In the 2000s Marlington has a 3-18 record against Louisville, hardly the making of a dynasty. The will be good in 2019 but after than we may not hear from the Marlboro Man anymore..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-20-18, 12:49 PM
Leopard4life Leopard4life is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-11-17
Posts: 103
Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Bass we can agree on one thing, this was not the year to make the change.... that year was 2 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 12-20-18, 01:15 PM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
I’m here to stay hopefully the Dukes will be hitting the Blue Jaguars in the near future. Gotta work on that overall record
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-20-18, 01:28 PM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,221
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
you see the joke isn't as funny because your premise is you THOUGHT Louisville was once called the tigers

and you are very wrong, they were the Blue Raiders
just like Marlboro was once called the Warriors much to your chagrin
but hey lets not let facts stand in your way - have you called your AD yet to see if the game has been inked?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-20-18, 01:39 PM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Iím not affiliated with the school district. However I respect our AD and and support him. I hope it will happen. Love to see the Dukes dish a beatdown to the Blue Jaguars...You guys have a lynch MOB out for that poor woman. Why not support her first then when you hire someone that actually cares then call us.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-20-18, 02:49 PM
smittyRB smittyRB is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-27-18
Posts: 28
smittyRB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Iím not affiliated with the school district. However I respect our AD and and support him. I hope it will happen. Love to see the Dukes dish a beatdown to the Blue Jaguars...You guys have a lynch MOB out for that poor woman. Why not support her first then when you hire someone that actually cares then call us.

When you are not qualified to do a job and someone hires you do to said job, it don't long for people to figure it out. How many Math teachers does Marlington hire to teach Social studies? The public would be upset right? Wouldn't hire a Chef to fix my car either, but we hired an unqualified person to do a job that right now in our situation needed a strong experienced leader and that's not what we got. You call it a Lynch Mob, I call it informed public.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-20-18, 03:09 PM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
When you are not qualified to do a job and someone hires you do to said job, it don't long for people to figure it out. How many Math teachers does Marlington hire to teach Social studies? The public would be upset right? Wouldn't hire a Chef to fix my car either, but we hired an unqualified person to do a job that right now in our situation needed a strong experienced leader and that's not what we got. You call it a Lynch Mob, I call it informed public.
If you were a math teacher you would not be able to teach social studies because itís state law to have a teaching endoresement. What makes her unqualified? She is former coach and probably holds a masterís degree. Sounds like the little leopard faithful is upset for the wrong reasons. Is it because sheís a woman??
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-20-18, 03:33 PM
smittyRB smittyRB is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-27-18
Posts: 28
smittyRB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
If you were a math teacher you would not be able to teach social studies because itís state law to have a teaching endoresement. What makes her unqualified? She is former coach and probably holds a masterís degree. Sounds like the little leopard faithful is upset for the wrong reasons. Is it because sheís a woman??

Never coached a single Varsity sport in her life. Was the AD at a middle school and her friend felt like she would be the right person to lead us into this new era of independence, even though she had zero experience at the high school level. Keep spewing crap around and sleep on this 44-6. Goodbight
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-20-18, 03:44 PM
The Marlboro Man The Marlboro Man is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 48
The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
Never coached a single Varsity sport in her life. Was the AD at a middle school and her friend felt like she would be the right person to lead us into this new era of independence, even though she had zero experience at the high school level. Keep spewing crap around and sleep on this 44-6. Goodbight
Sounds like your quite the Mysogynist. Or just jealous youíre not the AD. I guess In order to be the AD you have to be overqualified or have found a cure for cancer in order to please the nimrods of Nimishillen Township.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-20-18, 04:00 PM
BGFalcons86 BGFalcons86 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-26-02
Location: Hilliard, OH 43026
Posts: 3,421
BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
The Dukes may have finished 5-5 with Louisvile's schedule. Would have lost to Canfiled, Hoover, Perry, Lake, Massillon. would have struggled with Mooney. However, I do think 2019 will be their year with a very good senior class.
I'm not convinced Marlington would have beaten Mooney. Central Catholic would have been interesting, with slight edge to the Dukes. Anyone's guess, but I'm thinking 4-6. I'll give Marlington credit, they've won 3 of the last 8 vs. Louisville (which is the Dukes' best stretch in the series), while Alliance has won only once vs. Louisville in that stretch.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-20-18, 06:36 PM
CaptainA CaptainA is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-19-18
Posts: 26
CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Reliable sources tell me Dan Reardon is in the mix.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-20-18, 07:24 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,760
Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
Reliable sources tell me Dan Reardon is in the mix.

Wait until JJ hears this news
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
Ohio Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is set to induct the Class of 201 Refman Wrestling 0 10-01-18 11:12 AM
2018 Louisville Leopards Football LeopardNation Football 100 09-23-18 05:11 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Any news on a New Head Football Coach to replaces Coach Bob Sax at Akron Garfield ??? IUDOGS Football 12 05-02-17 08:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz