Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-18-18, 06:22 AM
Freshman

Leppy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Your joking right? I dont think he's coached in 25 years or more, and he's in his late 60's early 70's
Update - Misunderstanding from my source. Apparently some Leps supporters want the younger Campbell as the next coach, not his father. I doubt that the younger Campbell will leave a successful college coaching position to come back to Stark County, but who knows? I am going to call Hymie Williams this afternoon to see what he thinks.
Old 12-18-18, 08:03 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Party at Hot Laps after the announcement??
Absolutely....itís been a while since Iíve been to Hot Laps.

Weíll just make it a tour of all the bars in Louisville
Old 12-18-18, 11:50 AM
All District

OctoberLegend is on a distinguished road
Who are some likely candidates? Every job has it's good points and bad points.
Spider Miller? Been really good at East Canton and has been at a big time school before.
Seth Whiting at Alliance? Has been successful there.
Tim Budd at Jackson? Was told he was the Green choice but couldn't come to terms.
Mike Bohley at Chippewa? Successful there as well, taking a dead program to playoffs a bunch of times.
Old 12-18-18, 12:18 PM
Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberLegend View Post
Who are some likely candidates? Every job has it's good points and bad points.
Spider Miller? Been really good at East Canton and has been at a big time school before.
Seth Whiting at Alliance? Has been successful there.
Tim Budd at Jackson? Was told he was the Green choice but couldn't come to terms.
Mike Bohley at Chippewa? Successful there as well, taking a dead program to playoffs a bunch of times.
I hope Seth Whiting didnít apply. That would be devastating
Old 12-18-18, 03:41 PM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope Seth Whiting didnít apply. That would be devastating
Don't know why Whiting would consider leaving Alliance for Louisville. Same size school and he is in the middle of something that can be really good. I could see Alliance being the next school to "win themselves out" of the EBC!!!
Old 12-18-18, 07:48 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if there is a search committee of is the ad just collecting resumes.
Old 12-18-18, 08:37 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Does anyone know if there is a search committee of is the ad just collecting resumes.
committee...
Old 12-19-18, 08:04 AM
Junior Varsity

smittyRB is on a distinguished road
Sounds like they are doing some good things to make sure and get this hire right. Committee of 4 people, 3 of them very knowledgeable about the game, will have the majority of the heavy lifting to do. AD and Super will rubber stamp the committee's selection. This will not be a collect resumes and see what looks good, sounds like they are going to go after the people they want to talk to and get the guy they want. Anyone who tells you they have Information regarding who the next coach will be is full of IT. The people doing the searching are very tight lipped about who they want and who is on that list. I love the old "Sam the butcher at Giant Eagle to me it will be the guy at XYZ" lol throw out a bunch of crap and see of any of it sticks.
Old 12-19-18, 08:11 AM
Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
Don't know why Whiting would consider leaving Alliance for Louisville. Same size school and he is in the middle of something that can be really good. I could see Alliance being the next school to "win themselves out" of the EBC!!!
My thoughts exactly on the parallel move.
Old 12-19-18, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Hugh Jackson is available. Seriously though...

C'mon Lep diehards, poaching a great coach from elsewhere is going to be difficult unless you are a state powerhouse or have a reputation like Massillon. Your challenging independent schedule is going to make it difficult to have the 9-1, 8-2 seasons like you are used to.
Old 12-19-18, 10:06 AM
All Region

Minerva had almost 40 applicants and many had excellent credentials. I don't think Louisville will have an issue getting a pretty good pool of candidates.
Old 12-19-18, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Nah. More like a wonderful opportunity for a good coach to come in and improve their playoff record of recent years. Farrah otoh was a tougher act to follow. On the field of course.
Old 12-19-18, 10:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
My thoughts exactly on the parallel move.
I think Alliance is the next powerhouse in Stark County. No reason for Whiting to leave unless it's D1..
Old 12-19-18, 03:46 PM
Cooling Off

The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
I heard those two foreign fellas from Alliance along with Whiting are comin to leopard town.
Old 12-19-18, 05:25 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
you are all wrong

clearly it is going to be Urban Meyer, just waiting until after the bowl game to announce
Old 12-19-18, 06:47 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
you are all wrong

clearly it is going to be Urban Meyer, just waiting until after the bowl game to announce
Regardless the Dukes will be the team to beat in the EBC next year. Too bad the little Leopards arenít in the league anymore.
Old 12-19-18, 07:02 PM
Freshman

Donny_Swaggins91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Regardless the Dukes will be the team to beat in the EBC next year. Too bad the little Leopards arenít in the league anymore.
Ya too bad Marlington helped kick Louisville out so they couldnít beat the dukes for the 45th time
Old 12-19-18, 07:26 PM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Swaggins91 View Post
Ya too bad Marlington helped kick Louisville out so they couldnít beat the dukes for the 45th time
For the 100th. Time Marlington and Alliance were dead set against the move. Unfortunately they got backed into a corner and basically were pretty much forced to go along. I'm guessing in the next couple years the EBC will fold and Marlington, Alliance and Louisville will form a new conference. As far as filling in the rest of the league !!!! Who knows.
Old 12-19-18, 07:34 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Swaggins91 View Post
My understanding the Dukes want to play now. Letís get it going Louisville, you afraid of the mighty Dukes? Us boys from Marlboro will go to war any day of the week with yíall.
Old 12-19-18, 07:50 PM
All District

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My understanding the Dukes want to play now. Letís get it going Louisville, you afraid of the mighty Dukes? Us boys from Marlboro will go to war any day of the week with yíall.

Seriously!? The series is 44-6 in favor of the "Little Leopards". Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Old 12-19-18, 07:59 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Seriously!? The series is 44-6 in favor of the "Little Leopards". Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Bring it on little Leopards.
Old 12-19-18, 08:24 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Bring it on little Leopards.
Ok 1 your embarrassing Marlington
2 you looking like an idiot. I see your new, my suggestion is act like you have a clue.
Old 12-19-18, 08:33 PM
Cooling Off

Wildcat I do have a clue, I know the talent the boys have. It’s a shame they ain’t in our conference no more. It would be one hell of a game between the Dukes and the Leopards
Old 12-19-18, 08:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Wildcat I do have a clue, I know the talent the boys have. Itís a shame they ainít in our conference no more. It would be one hell of a game between the Dukes and the Leopards
Now see that's a good pop post. Sorry I just don't like smack talk.
Old 12-19-18, 09:31 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wildcat I do have a clue, I know the talent the boys have. It’s a shame they ain’t in our conference no more. It would be one hell of a game between the Dukes and the Leopards
I agree it is a shame they don't play anymore. It was pretty much a home game for Louisville. Alliance and South were the same way. Friday nights getting home at 5 or 5:30 and then turning around and have a 10-15 min drive was nice. I never even tried to go to Salem. I made it to Carrolton a few times.

It we would great for both programs to get these games going again. Competition wasn't always the greatest, but I think if you look at the next 5 years I think it would be.

On a side note I am going to miss Coach D. I thought he was a good coach and respected him as a man. Of all the jobs open I think Louisville is the least attractive. Marlington has a good team and will compete for a league title. Minerva has no where to go but up. The bar is set really low there. West Branch and Louisville might be a tie, but we went 6-4 this year and we fired our coach. Louisville might have to high of expectations.
Old 12-20-18, 07:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACisBack View Post
On a side note I am going to miss Coach D. I thought he was a good coach and respected him as a man. Of all the jobs open I think Louisville is the least attractive. Marlington has a good team and will compete for a league title. Minerva has no where to go but up. The bar is set really low there. West Branch and Louisville might be a tie, but we went 6-4 this year and we fired our coach. Louisville might have to high of expectations.

Please stop with the "He was 6-4 with a tough schedule " argument. Schedule on paper looked good, but in the end we beat a bunch of bad teams.
Green - 1-9
Lake - 6-4 (Wins vs Green, Columbus West and Glen Oak who were awful).
Ursuline- 1-9
Mooney - 4-6 (Wins vs Ursline and 2 Canadian teams)
South Range - 4-6 (1 win vs a team with winning record)
CCC - 4-6 (perhaps worst CCC team in 2 decades)

As far as expectations go, yes we expect our coach to show up to fundraising events, we expect our coach to show up at banquets where his players are being recognized, we expect our coach to take an active role in the youth program and generate excitement about the program, we expect our our coach to help kids that want to play in college maximize that opportunity, we expect our coach to accept full responsibility for the entire program not just the offense. If those expectations are out of line then we might as well just cancel the damn program. Change isnt always a bad thing, look at the Wrestling program. Berk is a great guy (as is JD), but he wasnt a great coach, so they made a change and now we have a program that is one of the best in the area and will send multiple kids to Columbus this year. Biggest misconception going around is that if you are a "good guy" then you are good coach. That's not true, and it's ok to admit that.
Old 12-20-18, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Well L4Life, appears the announcement did not come yesterday at 11:03. Lynus and I are disappointed, we stopped by Bud's, threw down many cold ones, and Hitme and Oldman had to call us a taxi. My head is still hurting.
Old 12-20-18, 08:20 AM
Cooling Off

The Leopards will be in good “honest” hands.
Old 12-20-18, 08:21 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Well L4Life, appears the announcement did not come yesterday at 11:03. Lynus and I are disappointed, we stopped by Bud's, threw down many cold ones, and Hitme and Oldman had to call us a taxi. My head is still hurting.

Sorry about that. It now sounds like the Admin will wait till after the bowl season and target couple of the power 5 coaches they want. Should be interesting...
Old 12-20-18, 08:26 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Sorry about that. It now sounds like the Admin will wait till after the bowl season and target couple of the power 5 coaches they want. Should be interesting...
I heard Jim Tressel is a leading candidate.