Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-13-18, 05:51 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
No, never attended Timken High. He transferred in 8th grade and played for Longfellow Jr. High. .
You are lying. Spielmans were from Canton suburbs, born and raised. Without transfers, you'd be 0-46 Even with them, you are:

0-46 and counting...

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-13-18 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-13-18, 06:03 PM
All Ohio

McKinley Football 1997

They finished the number 1 ranked team by any media outlet that mattered. Debate between the two best teams Ohio ever produced always starts and end with McKinley 1997 vs Moeller Cincinnati 1976. My money is on the 97 Bulldogs. - LEGENDS
Old 12-13-18, 06:05 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
You are lying. Spielmans were from Canton suburbs. I know it eats at you that you are:

0-46 and counting...

TigerPaw is correct, Chris attended Longfellow JHS.

You should be more concerned about, since 2012, your Bulldogs were 20 seconds from being 0-8 and losing 8 straight games against the Tigers‼️
Old 12-13-18, 06:10 PM
All District

AkronNative
Quote:
No, never attended Timken High. He transferred in 8th grade and played for Longfellow Jr. High. And Mike Doss is from Cleveland. None of which has anything to do with how great of players they were which was my only point. That current 1-13 streak vs. Massillon and Perry is really getting to you aint it. Understandable.
Just a correction about Mike. He is not from Cleveland. I think you might be thinking of another Bulldog great in Gary Grant who if my memory serves me correctly is from Cleveland. And I can't speak for JJ but I will call it how I see it and that 1-13 streak is definitely getting to me. Something has gotta change. I'm starting to feel like a Michigan fan in relation to OSU and I'm not liking it But as much as I hate to say it, you guys have earned the trash talk with wins on the field.
Old 12-13-18, 06:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post

You should be more concerned about, since 2012, your Bulldogs were 20 seconds from being 0-8 and losing 8 straight games against the Tigers‼️
You should worry about 0-47. We have three playoff State Championships and you have NONE! Don't worry about us. We beat you with a Timken quarterback lol and your refs cheated us this year, but we will bury you next Nov. Take it to the bank.
Old 12-13-18, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

"They finished the number 1 ranked team (in the NATION) by any media outlet that mattered. Debate between the two best teams Ohio ever produced always starts and end with McKinley 1997 vs Moeller Cincinnati 1976. My money is on the 97 Bulldogs". - LEGENDS
Old 12-13-18, 06:17 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You should worry about 0-47. We have three playoff State Championships and you have NONE! Don't worry about us. We beat you with a Timken quarterback lol and your refs cheated us this year, but we will bury you next Nov. Take it to the bank.
You must not know the officials were from Youngstown. The Montana brothers have been doing this game for years Whether itís in Canton or at Massillon.
Old 12-13-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

This is 2018, you really should be concerned about many things instead those 3 titles the Pups won in the 20th century.
Old 12-13-18, 06:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
You must not know the officials were from Youngstown. The Montana brothers have been doing this game for years Whether itís in Canton or at Massillon.
And they suck. Time to pull the weeds.
Old 12-13-18, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

On November 2, 2019, you will be disappointed once again. Don't you recognize a pattern here?
Old 12-13-18, 06:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
On November 2, 2019, you will be disappointed once again. Don't you recognize a pattern here?
Yes I do.

You have never won a title in the playoff era, and will be...

0-47 per usual
Old 12-13-18, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

https://www.legendssf.com/blogs/lege...ms-of-all-time
Old 12-13-18, 06:41 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And they suck. Time to pull the weeds.
I agree with that in the case of a couple of them on that crew.
Old 12-13-18, 07:39 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"They finished the number 1 ranked team (in the NATION) by any media outlet that mattered. Debate between the two best teams Ohio ever produced always starts and end with McKinley 1997 vs Moeller Cincinnati 1976. My money is on the 97 Bulldogs". - LEGENDS
97' McKinley was a great team. However, Moeller led the 1997 state title 16-10 at the half and to be honest was in control of the game until losing starting QB Ryan Cooper to an ankle on the last series of the first half. If Moeller goes on the win that game, which they had a great chance to do, are we still talking about 97' McKinley as the best them in Ohio history? The 1981 McKinley team was as good if not better IMO!
Old 12-14-18, 03:29 AM
All Ohio

First of all, I really enjoyed your movie " 8 Mile" You are easily one of the greatest ever rappers, Rabbit.
But i take great umbridge with the what ifs. What if McKinley had faced Cleveland John Marshall the week before Moeller instead of one of the greatest High School teams in The nation -St. Ignatius. Maybe the first half looks more like the second half when McKinley was more focused and outscored Moeller 21-0. I never had a doubt in my mind about the outcome of that game at any time, before, or during it, and neither did Head Coach Thom McDaniels. That was a huge, physical, talented, nationally ranked Moeller team, but they were a tad slow compared to the Bulldogs and the Wildcats. 31-16 was a fair score imo. .
I remember Moeller having a lineman who was 6-8 290, the son of a pro player.

The '81 team was a great defensive team, and they shut out most the teams they played enroute to Stark County's first State Championship in the playoff era. The Bulldogs finished 2nd in the nation that year.
Old 12-14-18, 03:40 AM
All Ohio

First of all, I really enjoyed your movie " 8 Mile" You are easily one of the greatest ever rappers, Rabbit.
But i take great umbridge with the what ifs. What if McKinley had faced Cleveland John Marshall the week before Moeller instead of one of the greatest High School teams in The nation -St. Ignatius. Maybe the first half looks more like the second half when McKinley was more focused outscored Moeller 21-0. I never had a doubt in my mind about the outcome of that game at any time, before, or during it, and neither did Head Coach Thom McDaniels. That was a huge, physical, talented, nationally ranked Moeller team, but they were a tad slow compared to the Bulldogs and the Wildcats. 31-16 was a fair score imo. .
Old 12-14-18, 06:15 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And they call Mackbiner creepy
Old 12-14-18, 06:59 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But i take great umbridge with the what ifs. What if McKinley had faced Cleveland John Marshall the week before Moeller instead of one of the greatest High School teams in The nation -St. Ignatius. Maybe the first half looks more like the second half when McKinley was more focused outscored Moeller 21-0. I never had a doubt in my mind about the outcome of that game at any time, before, or during it, and neither did Head Coach Thom McDaniels. That was a huge, physical, talented, nationally ranked Moeller team, but they were a tad slow compared to the Bulldogs and the Wildcats. 31-16 was a fair score imo. .
OK, let me be more specific. No way in Hel* the 97' McKinley team was better than a couple of Moeller, St. Ignatius teams of the 70's and 80's.
Old 12-14-18, 07:55 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Your premise is idiotic for starters. Massillon used to have the best program in Ohio 60 years ago, and there is no debating it, titles counted or not. I know it's hard for people with Kentucky accents to comprehend, but NEO football > SWO.It'scalled reality, and always will be. Argue that Taco Bellgrande
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand or my post. What a pathetic deflection attempt. Answer the question. Do you recognize poll titles?

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 12-14-18 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-14-18, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
When an overweight middle-aged internet troll from Jackson tracks Massillon middle school kids then YES. Esp. when he owns a white van.

I am from Massillon. Chris lived 3 houses away, we attended Longfellow together, played the LA Dragons for the city championship at PBTS, and we hung out at the Whittier courts and Amherst arcade, and his dad Sonny was my gym coach. So that's how I know. And yes everyone knows he grew up in Canton.
Old 12-14-18, 08:59 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
10-0 1971 Troy OH team had 15 D-1 players (Michigan, Florida, Bowling Green, Miami, OH., Wittenberg, Marshall, Murray State, Morehead State, Dartmouth, Eastern Kentucky, Central State, Salem WV). Twp players played in NFL Gordon Bell/MichiganNY Giants) All-American RB and Elmo Boyd 49ers. Boyd was picked in 2nd round. also was 10-0 in 1970. A pre playoff team. Voted the best team in last 60 years in Dayton area by the Dayton Daily News in 1998.
Old 12-14-18, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

Wow, nice Troy. I bet that was a helluva team to watch.

That's why I said earlier it is SO much more impressive at a public school because it is so rare, as if stars perfectly aligned by cosmic forces. Sorry, jmo.
Old 12-14-18, 11:19 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
When an overweight middle-aged internet troll from Jackson tracks Massillon middle school kids then YES. Esp. when he owns a white van.

I am from Massillon. Chris lived 3 houses away, we attended Longfellow together, played the LA Dragons for the city championship at PBTS, and we hung out at the Whittier courts and Amherst arcade, and his dad Sonny was my gym coach. So that's how I know. And yes everyone knows he grew up in Canton.
I was at that game. One of my best friend's brother played for L.A. that year. Kirk Ivan was a stud for L.A. in spite of his side. I remember one play he absolutely cold-cocked Spielman with a blind-side block. Spielman got up, looked around to who did it and then gave him a slight nod. So yeah, he sure wasn't trolling Spielman. He!!, I could have told you he played at Longfellow and believe me, I sure as he!! don't troll anybody. If you are comparing that to some of the shenanigans that idiot from Jackson pulls you are way off base.
Old 12-14-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand or my post. What a pathetic deflection attempt. Answer the question. Do you recognize poll titles?
He recognizes poll titles, like Mckinley's national championship and all of Massillon's. Must be tough being little brother hitching your wagon to the big boys of NEO football like Hoban, Massillon, St Ed's and Iggy. Kind of like Vandy fans chanting SEC SEC SEC, just riding the coat tails of premiere programs.

Maybe McKinkey will start a UK streak like the one vs Florida or Tennessee.
Old 12-14-18, 11:37 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
10-0 1971 Troy OH team had 15 D-1 players (Michigan, Florida, Bowling Green, Miami, OH., Wittenberg, Marshall, Murray State, Morehead State, Dartmouth, Eastern Kentucky, Central State, Salem WV). Twp players played in NFL Gordon Bell/MichiganNY Giants) All-American RB and Elmo Boyd 49ers. Boyd was picked in 2nd round. also was 10-0 in 1970. A pre playoff team. Voted the best team in last 60 years in Dayton area by the Dayton Daily News in 1998.
I always bring this team up in these types of convos too. They had 20 players play in college, 15 D1, plus a major league baseball player, and 2 NFL players. The backfield of Allen (Florida) Bell (Michigan) and Walker (Miami OH) who also coached at Miami and Northwestern, was one of the best in history. If they didn't have to share the backfield, they would've put up historic numbers. Bell finished second twice in back of the year behind ARchie Griffin both years. Bell would get the better of the two in college in the old Woody and Bo battles.

They outscored their opponents that year 406-54 and had 5 shutouts.
Old 12-14-18, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I was at that game. One of my best friend's brother played for L.A. that year. Kirk Ivan was a stud for L.A. in spite of his side. I remember one play he absolutely cold-cocked Spielman with a blind-side block. Spielman got up, looked around to who did it and then gave him a slight nod. So yeah, he sure wasn't trolling Spielman. He!!, I could have told you he played at Longfellow and believe me, I sure as he!! don't troll anybody. If you are comparing that to some of the shenanigans that idiot from Jackson pulls you are way off base.
I remember him. First met Kirk Ivan in a 7th grade game when he was playing rb, we both lowered our helmets and he knocked me on my ***, lol. Like tackling a fire hydrant.
Old 12-14-18, 11:58 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I remember him. First met Kirk Ivan in a 7th grade game when he was playing rb, we both lowered our helmets and he knocked me on my ***, lol. Like tackling a fire hydrant.
Cue "Glory Days" for background music while reading these last few posts.
Old 12-14-18, 12:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

What? You are really whacked.
Old 12-14-18, 12:25 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
He recognizes poll titles, like Mckinley's national championship and all of Massillon's. Must be tough being little brother hitching your wagon to the big boys of NEO football like Hoban, Massillon, St Ed's and Iggy. Kind of like Vandy fans chanting SEC SEC SEC, just riding the coat tails of premiere programs.

Maybe McKinkey will start a UK streak like the one vs Florida or Tennessee.
Yeah, this was the first year since 2012, when McKinley lost to Massillon in the 2nd round, that McKinley has made it past the 1st round of the playoffs. They haven't made it past the 2nd round since 2009, when they lost to Massillon in the regional finals. They have little recent success of their own, so JJBulldog rides the coattails of true powerhouses. It's sad, really.

Funny how many times Massillon has sent McKinley home in the playoffs.
Old 12-14-18, 04:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
OK, let me be more specific. No way in Hel* the 97' McKinley team was better than a couple of Moeller, St. Ignatius teams of the 70's and 80's.

Rabbits are rodents with tiny rodent brains. I will consider the jealous source!