Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 12-12-18, 08:29 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,328
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I wonder why JJBulldog is dodging my question if he recognizes poll titles that weren't won on the field. Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-12-18, 08:29 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
JJ Bulldog, do you recognize poll titles that aren't won on the field?
No he doesnt. We already confirmed Massillon has zero titles and McKinley has zero national titles. Bulldog is fair in his analysis of poll titles. They must be played out on the field.

Of course he could change his mind and validate all things Massillon.

I do laugh at the use of poll titles when it fits your narrative lol.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-12-18, 08:30 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I wonder why JJBulldog is dodging my question if he recognizes poll titles that weren't won on the field. Interesting.
Id hate for there to be any inconsistencies.... he has dodged my questions as well

Paper bulldogs
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-12-18, 08:34 AM
L Hand L Hand is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-13-05
Posts: 3,223
L Hand is on a distinguished road
All I know is that I saw the 2006 Lakeland team and the 2004 Colerain team.

First, a good, but not great, X team should have beaten Lakeland. The 2004 Colerain team would have beaten that Lakeland team by 4 touchdowns.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-12-18, 08:38 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
National championships dont exist in HSFB. Must be settled on thenfield for a true national champion. And judging by how you dont count Massillon paper titles this shouldnt be an issue for you and I know we are in agreement that McKinley has zero national titles
You're a jealous idiot and we can agree on that for sure. Grow up and quit trolling your superiors.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-12-18, 08:39 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,495
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
In my book, Tommy Hannon or Steve Luke.
Has to be the Houston bothers, no? State, College, & NFL champs, multiple all-pro seasons. Also Horace Gillom, Tommy James.

But yes in our era anyhow, the above 2 and Spielman.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-12-18, 08:55 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
I agree. Also, the '97 McKinley team was much faster than the old Moeller teams 20 years before, and physically much stronger. The 97 team could still beat the champs of today because of their size, strength, speed and talent. The 70s Moeller teams would get killed by the big lines and speed of modern players. I agree with '97 McKinley as all-time Ohio's best based upon winning three games against nationally ranked opponents. The detractors on this thread are mostly butt hurt radical fans of the also -rans.
Also, the people involved in making this poll are not from Canton, so they don't have a dog in this fight. You can accept his opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-12-18, 08:59 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 13,515
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
JJ has resorted to talking to himself LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-12-18, 09:05 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Just glad we all agree poll titles, like national championships, dont count. Must settle on the field.

No double standards in hsfb
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-12-18, 09:18 AM
longtime1sttime longtime1sttime is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-03
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 8,835
longtime1sttime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
No, Willie Spencer also played in the NFL (New York Giants). That outstanding Tiger team was 412-29 with a 10 game schedule. So, your post the 1997 McKinley Bulldogs, which also was an outstanding team, was the only team with 3 NFL players, wasn’t accurate.
Or the 1940 team which outscored opponents 477-6. The entire starting lineup was awarded First-Team All-Ohio. They beat Kent State in a scrimmage 47-0. They snapped powerhouse Toledo Waite's 18 game win streak and beat West Virginia juggernaut Weirton 48-0. Six players from that team joined Paul Brown at Ohio State.

The team was previously discussed here:
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255136

Some additional info:
http://www.presspublications.com/ind...mph-was-waite-

https://dks.library.kent.edu/cgi-bin...400419-01.2.17

Here's the 1940 game between Massillon and Canton...in color!
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 12-12-18, 09:44 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,328
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
You're a jealous idiot and we can agree on that for sure. Grow up and quit trolling your superiors.
JJ, why won't you answer my question? Do you recognize poll titles that weren't won on the field? It sounds like you do, considering you keep mentioning McKinley's national championship. Does that mean you also recognize Massillon's 24 state poll titles and 9 national poll titles?
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-12-18, 10:06 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
If he recognizes one poll title for his school it should go without saying that he obviously recognizes all of poll titles including Massillon's. He probably recognizes McKinley's 1934,1955, and 1956 state champ teams.

Bulldog strikes me as a fair and balanced poster without double standards.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-12-18, 10:15 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,328
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
If he recognizes one poll title for his school it should go without saying that he obviously recognizes all of poll titles including Massillon's. He probably recognizes McKinley's 1934,1955, and 1956 state champ teams.

Bulldog strikes me as a fair and balanced poster without double standards.
Agreed. Surely JJBulldog also thinks Massillon is the best program in the state given it's 24 state titles* and 9 national titles, which trumps Canton McKinley's 5 state titles* and 1 national title. It isn't even remotely close.

*Combined poll titles and titles on on the field
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-12-18, 10:19 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
I applaud him for putting aside his disdain for Massillon and recognizing all of their poll titles and claim of best program in the state, perhaps nation.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-12-18, 10:23 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,328
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well said, Arrogate. Considering this message board has some big time homers and even bigger time haters, especially when it comes to Massillon, it's very noble of JJBulldog. Hats off to JJBulldog, everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-12-18, 10:30 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 13,515
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-12-18, 10:33 AM
dadXgtm dadXgtm is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-22-10
Posts: 427
dadXgtm is on a distinguished road


2 reasons why the 1997 McKinley team was better than the 2004 Colerain team, They returned enough talent to repeat in 1998 and they had Mike Doss.

Doss #27 drives receiver out of bounds
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-12-18, 12:13 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,760
Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime1sttime View Post
Or the 1940 team which outscored opponents 477-6. The entire starting lineup was awarded First-Team All-Ohio. They beat Kent State in a scrimmage 47-0. They snapped powerhouse Toledo Waite's 18 game win streak and beat West Virginia juggernaut Weirton 48-0. Six players from that team joined Paul Brown at Ohio State.

The team was previously discussed here:
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255136

Some additional info:
http://www.presspublications.com/ind...mph-was-waite-

https://dks.library.kent.edu/cgi-bin...400419-01.2.17

Here's the 1940 game between Massillon and Canton...in color!

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-12-18, 12:48 PM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 1,156
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Lol. This reminded me ...

When my sister was four years old, she had surgery to correct a ‘lazy eye,’ and she had to wear eye patches for a spell. My brother gotta hold of ‘em and drew eyes in various states on them (crying, crossed, bloodshot, squinting, etc.). Mom was super pizzed at my brother, but still made my sister wear ‘em (she knew my brother would just draw on any new ones she bought).
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-12-18, 01:05 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,495
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadXgtm View Post
2 reasons why the 1997 McKinley team was better than the 2004 Colerain team, They returned enough talent to repeat in 1998 and they had Mike Doss.

Doss #27 drives receiver out of bounds
Mike Doss was a player. Best McKinley player I ever saw, and that is saying alot. I haven't seen every great player in Ohio history but in my experience he, Charles Woodson, Antoine Winfield, and Chris Spielman stand above all others. RB only I got Mo Clarett and Robert Smith.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-12-18, 02:31 PM
ColinCat ColinCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 198
ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadXgtm View Post


2 reasons why the 1997 McKinley team was better than the 2004 Colerain team, They returned enough talent to repeat in 1998 and they had Mike Doss.

Doss #27 drives receiver out of bounds
Another painful game from the Ignatius POV. The 'Cats had defeated the Bulldogs in the regular season, only to lose the rematch.

Mike Doss is in the top 3 best HS football players i have watched in over 30+ years. He was just amazing and made countless plays on both sides of the ball in 1998.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-12-18, 02:32 PM
ColinCat ColinCat is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-09-18
Posts: 198
ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Mike Doss was a player. Best McKinley player I ever saw, and that is saying alot. I haven't seen every great player in Ohio history but in my experience he, Charles Woodson, Antoine Winfield, and Chris Spielman stand above all others. RB only I got Mo Clarett and Robert Smith.
Great list, great players. All were incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-13-18, 12:54 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCat View Post
Great list, great players. All were incredible.
Chris Spielman was born and raised in suburban Canton. He attended Canton Timken High and played football there with his brother as their dad was the hc.
When their dad wasn't hired for the McKinley opening, the dad took his kids to Massillon to play there instead. Too bad for them. McKinley won the State Championship with athe team they could have played for instead of winning nothing with Massillon. Some never learn lol.

Btw I love how Massillon posters trot out their Battling Ballerinas from 80 yrs ago to try to gain some credibility. I'd hate to be them! Lol!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-13-18 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-13-18, 01:14 AM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Just glad we all agree poll titles, like national championships, dont count. Must settle on the field.

No double standards in hsfb
Are you totally illiterate? ALL of the Massillon posters think you're an idiot for taking away their Poll Championships. I'm not the OHSAA, and like it or not, they only sanction playoff winners like McKinley as real state champions. I don't care either way. Tigers have their traditions, and going by their's, we have 11 State Championships @ McKinley and 2 National titles.

We also have the greatest High School team in Ohio History-the 1997 National Champion Canton McKinley Bulldogs according to this publication.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-13-18 at 01:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-13-18, 06:17 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 13,515
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post

We also have the greatest High School team in Ohio History-the 1997 National Champion Canton McKinley Bulldogs according to this publication.
An internet t-shirt company.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-13-18, 07:54 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,328
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Are you totally illiterate? ALL of the Massillon posters think you're an idiot for taking away their Poll Championships. I'm not the OHSAA, and like it or not, they only sanction playoff winners like McKinley as real state champions. I don't care either way. Tigers have their traditions, and going by their's, we have 11 State Championships @ McKinley and 2 National titles.

We also have the greatest High School team in Ohio History-the 1997 National Champion Canton McKinley Bulldogs according to this publication.
JJBulldog, why can't you answer the simple question? Do you recognize poll titles? It's a yes or no question but you continue to dance around it like a ballerina. Could you possibly be avoiding the question because you'd have to admit that, if poll titles do count, Massillon Washington is a drastically better program than McKinley?

That really means nothing. I'm working on a publication that says the 2018 McNicholas team is the greatest high school team in Ohio. You can accept this opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-13-18, 08:22 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,495
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Chris Spielman was born and raised in suburban Canton. He attended Canton Timken High and played football there with his brother as their dad was the hc.
When their dad wasn't hired for the McKinley opening, the dad took his kids to Massillon to play there instead. Too bad for them. McKinley won the State Championship with athe team they could have played for instead of winning nothing with Massillon. Some never learn lol.

Btw I love how Massillon posters trot out their Battling Ballerinas from 80 yrs ago to try to gain some credibility. I'd hate to be them! Lol!
No, never attended Timken High. He transferred in 8th grade and played for Longfellow Jr. High. And Mike Doss is from Cleveland. None of which has anything to do with how great of players they were which was my only point. That current 1-13 streak vs. Massillon and Perry is really getting to you aint it. Understandable.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-13-18, 09:03 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Irish Buffalo's head
Posts: 5,850
Arrogate will become famous soon enough
internet t shirt publication.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-13-18, 05:40 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
An internet t-shirt company.
you're so old, I'm surprised you know what shopping online means!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-13-18, 05:48 PM
JJBulldog JJBulldog is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-05-17
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 974
JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
JJBulldog, why can't you answer the simple question? Do you recognize poll titles? It's a yes or no question but you continue to dance around it like a ballerina. Could you possibly be avoiding the question because you'd have to admit that, if poll titles do count, Massillon Washington is a drastically better program than McKinley?

That really means nothing. I'm working on a publication that says the 2018 McNicholas team is the greatest high school team in Ohio. You can accept this opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Your premise is idiotic for starters. Massillon used to have the best program in Ohio 60 years ago, and there is no debating it, titles counted or not. I know it's hard for people with Kentucky accents to comprehend, but NEO football > SWO.It'scalled reality, and always will be. Argue that Taco Bellgrande
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Wooster Spring Open is Sunday, Mar. 4th! $1000 in Cash Awarded to Top Four Teams Kickoff Classic Wrestling 0 02-25-18 05:40 AM
Top 16U Teams Yappi Softball 3 08-07-17 03:56 PM
Top 14U Teams Yappi Softball 1 08-07-17 03:54 PM
Top 12U Teams Yappi Softball 0 08-06-17 10:18 PM
Top 10U Teams Yappi Softball 0 08-06-17 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz