Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-18, 08:29 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I wonder why JJBulldog is dodging my question if he recognizes poll titles that weren't won on the field. Interesting.
Old 12-12-18, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
JJ Bulldog, do you recognize poll titles that aren't won on the field?
No he doesnt. We already confirmed Massillon has zero titles and McKinley has zero national titles. Bulldog is fair in his analysis of poll titles. They must be played out on the field.

Of course he could change his mind and validate all things Massillon.

I do laugh at the use of poll titles when it fits your narrative lol.
Old 12-12-18, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I wonder why JJBulldog is dodging my question if he recognizes poll titles that weren't won on the field. Interesting.
Id hate for there to be any inconsistencies.... he has dodged my questions as well

Paper bulldogs
Old 12-12-18, 08:34 AM
All World

L Hand is on a distinguished road
All I know is that I saw the 2006 Lakeland team and the 2004 Colerain team.

First, a good, but not great, X team should have beaten Lakeland. The 2004 Colerain team would have beaten that Lakeland team by 4 touchdowns.
Old 12-12-18, 08:38 AM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
National championships dont exist in HSFB. Must be settled on thenfield for a true national champion. And judging by how you dont count Massillon paper titles this shouldnt be an issue for you and I know we are in agreement that McKinley has zero national titles
You're a jealous idiot and we can agree on that for sure. Grow up and quit trolling your superiors.
Old 12-12-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
In my book, Tommy Hannon or Steve Luke.
Has to be the Houston bothers, no? State, College, & NFL champs, multiple all-pro seasons. Also Horace Gillom, Tommy James.

But yes in our era anyhow, the above 2 and Spielman.
Old 12-12-18, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
I agree. Also, the '97 McKinley team was much faster than the old Moeller teams 20 years before, and physically much stronger. The 97 team could still beat the champs of today because of their size, strength, speed and talent. The 70s Moeller teams would get killed by the big lines and speed of modern players. I agree with '97 McKinley as all-time Ohio's best based upon winning three games against nationally ranked opponents. The detractors on this thread are mostly butt hurt radical fans of the also -rans.
Also, the people involved in making this poll are not from Canton, so they don't have a dog in this fight. You can accept his opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Old 12-12-18, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
JJ has resorted to talking to himself LOL.
Old 12-12-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Just glad we all agree poll titles, like national championships, dont count. Must settle on the field.

No double standards in hsfb
Old 12-12-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
No, Willie Spencer also played in the NFL (New York Giants). That outstanding Tiger team was 412-29 with a 10 game schedule. So, your post the 1997 McKinley Bulldogs, which also was an outstanding team, was the only team with 3 NFL players, wasn’t accurate.
Or the 1940 team which outscored opponents 477-6. The entire starting lineup was awarded First-Team All-Ohio. They beat Kent State in a scrimmage 47-0. They snapped powerhouse Toledo Waite's 18 game win streak and beat West Virginia juggernaut Weirton 48-0. Six players from that team joined Paul Brown at Ohio State.

The team was previously discussed here:
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255136

Some additional info:
http://www.presspublications.com/ind...mph-was-waite-

https://dks.library.kent.edu/cgi-bin...400419-01.2.17

Here's the 1940 game between Massillon and Canton...in color!
Old 12-12-18, 09:44 AM
All World

Quote:
You're a jealous idiot and we can agree on that for sure. Grow up and quit trolling your superiors.
JJ, why won't you answer my question? Do you recognize poll titles that weren't won on the field? It sounds like you do, considering you keep mentioning McKinley's national championship. Does that mean you also recognize Massillon's 24 state poll titles and 9 national poll titles?
Old 12-12-18, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

If he recognizes one poll title for his school it should go without saying that he obviously recognizes all of poll titles including Massillon's. He probably recognizes McKinley's 1934,1955, and 1956 state champ teams.

Bulldog strikes me as a fair and balanced poster without double standards.
Old 12-12-18, 10:15 AM
All World

Quote:
If he recognizes one poll title for his school it should go without saying that he obviously recognizes all of poll titles including Massillon's. He probably recognizes McKinley's 1934,1955, and 1956 state champ teams.

Bulldog strikes me as a fair and balanced poster without double standards.
Agreed. Surely JJBulldog also thinks Massillon is the best program in the state given it's 24 state titles* and 9 national titles, which trumps Canton McKinley's 5 state titles* and 1 national title. It isn't even remotely close.

*Combined poll titles and titles on on the field
Old 12-12-18, 10:19 AM
All Yappi

I applaud him for putting aside his disdain for Massillon and recognizing all of their poll titles and claim of best program in the state, perhaps nation.
Old 12-12-18, 10:23 AM
All World

Well said, Arrogate. Considering this message board has some big time homers and even bigger time haters, especially when it comes to Massillon, it's very noble of JJBulldog. Hats off to JJBulldog, everyone!
Old 12-12-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Old 12-12-18, 10:33 AM
All Region

dadXgtm is on a distinguished road

2 reasons why the 1997 McKinley team was better than the 2004 Colerain team, They returned enough talent to repeat in 1998 and they had Mike Doss.

Doss #27 drives receiver out of bounds
Old 12-12-18, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime1sttime View Post
Or the 1940 team which outscored opponents 477-6. The entire starting lineup was awarded First-Team All-Ohio. They beat Kent State in a scrimmage 47-0. They snapped powerhouse Toledo Waite's 18 game win streak and beat West Virginia juggernaut Weirton 48-0. Six players from that team joined Paul Brown at Ohio State.

The team was previously discussed here:
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255136

Some additional info:
http://www.presspublications.com/ind...mph-was-waite-

https://dks.library.kent.edu/cgi-bin...400419-01.2.17

Here's the 1940 game between Massillon and Canton...in color!

Old 12-12-18, 12:48 PM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Lol. This reminded me ...

When my sister was four years old, she had surgery to correct a ‘lazy eye,’ and she had to wear eye patches for a spell. My brother gotta hold of ‘em and drew eyes in various states on them (crying, crossed, bloodshot, squinting, etc.). Mom was super pizzed at my brother, but still made my sister wear ‘em (she knew my brother would just draw on any new ones she bought).
Old 12-12-18, 01:05 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadXgtm View Post
2 reasons why the 1997 McKinley team was better than the 2004 Colerain team, They returned enough talent to repeat in 1998 and they had Mike Doss.

Mike Doss was a player. Best McKinley player I ever saw, and that is saying alot. I haven't seen every great player in Ohio history but in my experience he, Charles Woodson, Antoine Winfield, and Chris Spielman stand above all others. RB only I got Mo Clarett and Robert Smith.
Old 12-12-18, 02:31 PM
All District

ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadXgtm View Post

Another painful game from the Ignatius POV. The 'Cats had defeated the Bulldogs in the regular season, only to lose the rematch.

Mike Doss is in the top 3 best HS football players i have watched in over 30+ years. He was just amazing and made countless plays on both sides of the ball in 1998.
Old 12-12-18, 02:32 PM
All District

ColinCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Mike Doss was a player. Best McKinley player I ever saw, and that is saying alot. I haven't seen every great player in Ohio history but in my experience he, Charles Woodson, Antoine Winfield, and Chris Spielman stand above all others. RB only I got Mo Clarett and Robert Smith.
Great list, great players. All were incredible.
Old 12-13-18, 12:54 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCat View Post
Great list, great players. All were incredible.
Chris Spielman was born and raised in suburban Canton. He attended Canton Timken High and played football there with his brother as their dad was the hc.
When their dad wasn't hired for the McKinley opening, the dad took his kids to Massillon to play there instead. Too bad for them. McKinley won the State Championship with athe team they could have played for instead of winning nothing with Massillon. Some never learn lol.

Btw I love how Massillon posters trot out their Battling Ballerinas from 80 yrs ago to try to gain some credibility. I'd hate to be them! Lol!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-13-18 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-13-18, 01:14 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Just glad we all agree poll titles, like national championships, dont count. Must settle on the field.

No double standards in hsfb
Are you totally illiterate? ALL of the Massillon posters think you're an idiot for taking away their Poll Championships. I'm not the OHSAA, and like it or not, they only sanction playoff winners like McKinley as real state champions. I don't care either way. Tigers have their traditions, and going by their's, we have 11 State Championships @ McKinley and 2 National titles.

We also have the greatest High School team in Ohio History-the 1997 National Champion Canton McKinley Bulldogs according to this publication.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-13-18 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-13-18, 06:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

We also have the greatest High School team in Ohio History-the 1997 National Champion Canton McKinley Bulldogs according to this publication.
An internet t-shirt company.
Old 12-13-18, 07:54 AM
All World

Quote:
Are you totally illiterate? ALL of the Massillon posters think you're an idiot for taking away their Poll Championships. I'm not the OHSAA, and like it or not, they only sanction playoff winners like McKinley as real state champions. I don't care either way. Tigers have their traditions, and going by their's, we have 11 State Championships @ McKinley and 2 National titles.

JJBulldog, why can't you answer the simple question? Do you recognize poll titles? It's a yes or no question but you continue to dance around it like a ballerina. Could you possibly be avoiding the question because you'd have to admit that, if poll titles do count, Massillon Washington is a drastically better program than McKinley?

That really means nothing. I'm working on a publication that says the 2018 McNicholas team is the greatest high school team in Ohio. You can accept this opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Old 12-13-18, 08:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Chris Spielman was born and raised in suburban Canton. He attended Canton Timken High and played football there with his brother as their dad was the hc.
When their dad wasn't hired for the McKinley opening, the dad took his kids to Massillon to play there instead. Too bad for them. McKinley won the State Championship with athe team they could have played for instead of winning nothing with Massillon. Some never learn lol.

Btw I love how Massillon posters trot out their Battling Ballerinas from 80 yrs ago to try to gain some credibility. I'd hate to be them! Lol!
No, never attended Timken High. He transferred in 8th grade and played for Longfellow Jr. High. And Mike Doss is from Cleveland. None of which has anything to do with how great of players they were which was my only point. That current 1-13 streak vs. Massillon and Perry is really getting to you aint it. Understandable.
Old 12-13-18, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

internet t shirt publication.
Old 12-13-18, 05:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
An internet t-shirt company.
you're so old, I'm surprised you know what shopping online means!
Old 12-13-18, 05:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
JJBulldog, why can't you answer the simple question? Do you recognize poll titles? It's a yes or no question but you continue to dance around it like a ballerina. Could you possibly be avoiding the question because you'd have to admit that, if poll titles do count, Massillon Washington is a drastically better program than McKinley?

That really means nothing. I'm working on a publication that says the 2018 McNicholas team is the greatest high school team in Ohio. You can accept this opinion or not, but you can never prove it's wrong.
Your premise is idiotic for starters. Massillon used to have the best program in Ohio 60 years ago, and there is no debating it, titles counted or not. I know it's hard for people with Kentucky accents to comprehend, but NEO football > SWO.It'scalled reality, and always will be. Argue that Taco Bellgrande