Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-06-18, 05:35 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
America's top 10 h.s. Football teams of all-time

AMERICA'S TOP TEN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAMS OF ALL-TIME.

https://www.legendssf.com/blogs/lege...ms-of-all-time

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-24-18 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-18, 05:48 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Good list but they lose some credibility when they confuse McKinley's schedule and St. Thomas Aquinas....McKinley beat St. Thomas 70 to 0 that year...Louisville not Florida
Old 12-06-18, 05:57 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Good list but they lose some credibility when they confuse McKinley's schedule and St. Thomas Aquinas....McKinley beat St. Thomas 70 to 0 that year...Louisville not Florida
Good thing they didn't accidentally pull up Sebring McKinley's schedule by accident.
Old 12-06-18, 06:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Not much, though. Look at the number of NFL and college players on that McKinley team. Obviously, no other team from Ohio ever matched that, and only a tiny handful in American history did, too. The amazing thing about the McKinley players is that they were all from Canton living in a closed district.
Old 12-06-18, 06:29 PM
Junior Varsity

DawgsFan67 is on a distinguished road
Real credibility gets lost when a writer doesnít know the difference between lose, loose, loser, and looser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-18, 06:30 PM
Junior Varsity

DawgsFan67 is on a distinguished road
... and there and their. Good lord, just do audio books!

Old 12-06-18, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
So many spelling errors it is hard to take this seriously. What a joke.

Allegedly:eligibly was my favorite
Old 12-06-18, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

I also like how he said Kyler Murray chose Oklahoma. He played for Texas AM originally. Willie Anderson was in the NFL by 1998 so not sure how he was on a high school team in 1998. What a joke.
Old 12-06-18, 06:57 PM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
Minerva 1932
Old 12-06-18, 07:04 PM
All Ohio

We have a President that routinely misspells. Lol!

Nitpick as you will, but none of the McKinley stats are off. Florida St Aquinas was not in the top 4 of the Nation that year, but undefeated Cleveland St. Ignatius was. They were ranked #4 in the Nation in week 8 when they faced McKinley at a sold out Fawcett Stadium, likely the greatest regular season game ever played in Ohio. St Ignatius was led by NFL quarterback Dave Ragone and All-Pro lineman LeCharles Bentley, all Ohio middle linbacker Chris Haneline, versatile Joe Gonzales and a bunch of college guys of their owm. McKinley beat them TWICE that year before a combined crowd of just south of 50,000.
Old 12-06-18, 07:10 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgsFan67 View Post
Real credibility gets lost when a writer doesn’t know the difference between lose, loose, loser, and looser.

Example: your girlfriend was very loose, and after she met me she became looser. Now, you stand to lose her because you’re a loser.
Old 12-06-18, 07:13 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Not much, though. Look at the number of NFL and college players on that McKinley team. Obviously, no other team from Ohio ever matched that, and only a tiny handful in American history did, too. The amazing thing about the McKinley players is that they were all from Canton living in a closed district.

1970 Massillon Washington Tigers---not on the list
Denny Franklin, Steve Luke and Wilie Spencer all played in the NFL. (A match)
Old 12-06-18, 07:19 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes the grammar on a published account is troublesome no question. Some good information probably taken from somewhere else and some guy with poor grammar pilfered it .

Right away he spelled the De Le Salle coach 's name wrong . It's Ladouceur. . Somewhat interesting read though overall .
Old 12-06-18, 07:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Obviously the Ohio Division 1 State Playoff Champion 14-0 Canton McKinley team of '97 was much bigger and faster, and deeper than the 10-0 1970 Ohio A.P. State poll Massillon team. McKinleys wide receivers and dbacks were all part of McKinley'State Champion track team. The Bulldogs quarterback was the two-time D1 State Playoff Champion quaterback Ben McDaniels, younger brother of current New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and his fist full of Super Bowl rings. It took Josh years to overtake Ben's Championship total! Lol!

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-07-18 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-06-18, 07:55 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
They were good, but Willie Spencer played in the USFL, not the NFL, aif I'm not mistaken Obviously the Ohio Division 1 State Playoff Champion 14-0 Canton McKinley team of '97 was much bigger and faster, and deeper than the 10-0 1970 Ohio A.P. State poll Massillon team. McKinleys wide receivers and dbacks were all part of McKinley'State Champion track team. The Bulldogs quarterback was the two-time D1 State Playoff Champion quaterback Ben McDaniels, younger brother of current New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and his fist full of Super Bowl rings. It took Josh years to overtake Ben's Championship total! Lol!

No, Willie Spencer also played in the NFL (New York Giants). That outstanding Tiger team was 412-29 with a 10 game schedule. So, your post the 1997 McKinley Bulldogs, which also was an outstanding team, was the only team with 3 NFL players, wasn’t accurate.
Old 12-06-18, 08:24 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
No, Willie Spencer also played in the NFL (New York Giants). That outstanding Tiger team was 412-29 with a 10 game schedule. So, your post the 1997 McKinley Bulldogs, which also was an outstanding team, was the only team with 3 NFL players, wasn’t accurate.

You thought it was posted for informational purposes only?!

https://massillontigers.com/history/...s/1940-season/

Old 12-06-18, 08:37 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
Massillon didnít make the top 10? My Tiger friends have been lying to me for a long time I guess

Old 12-06-18, 08:42 PM
All Ohio

Massillon didn't have to win a State Playoff Championship. Who knows? Maybe they might have. Maybe not. Those factors could be part of his thinking.But the criterion set by the author in this piece finds the 1970 Tigers must not have quite measured up in his view. They are in good company to be sure. Kinda like the Associated Press poll titles and surely National Champioship H.S. teams were selected. Actually, this guy has seen video of his mostly modern era teams and has compiled a good deal of facts from all over the nation, using technology that no one had nearly half a century ago in 1971, the last poll champion before the playoffs began. I think they were Warren Harding or Mooney.
Old 12-06-18, 11:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
No, Willie Spencer also played in the NFL (New York Giants). That outstanding Tig. So, your post the 1997 McKinley Bulldogs, which also was an outstanding team, was the only team with 3 NFL players, wasnít accurate.
You misquoted me. No other team in Ohio history matched the '97 National Champion Bulldogs in having 3 NFL players AND as many D1 and overall college players -26-
Old 12-06-18, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Yes the grammar on a published account is troublesome no question. Some good information probably taken from somewhere else and some guy with poor grammar pilfered it .

Right away he spelled the De Le Salle coach 's name wrong . It's Ladouceur. . Somewhat interesting read though overall .
The info wasnt even good. For example he cited Willie Anderson being on a high school team in 1998 when he was drafted by the Bengals in 1996. He also had the schedules wrong for one team apparently. Who knows what else is wrong about all of this.
Old 12-07-18, 10:48 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
The info wasnt even good. For example he cited Willie Anderson being on a high school team in 1998 when he was drafted by the Bengals in 1996. He also had the schedules wrong for one team apparently. Who knows what else is wrong about all of this.
He's an ex-football player, not a school teacher. There might be misspelled words and typos, but the championships are easily verified. If I have a choice between two people responsible for a football analysis, I will trust the opinion of ex-player over the English teacher, mistakes and all.
Old 12-07-18, 10:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
You have to have a championship to be considered.

https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/records/statechamps.htm

He might have noticed Massillon isn't officially considered to have a state champion in ANY sport by The Ohio High School Athletic Association.

McKinley has 27

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-07-18 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-07-18, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
He's an ex-football player, not a school teacher. There might be misspelled words and typos, but the championships are easily verified. If I have a choice between two people responsible for a football analysis, I will trust the opinion of ex-player over the English teacher, mistakes and all.
It wasn't just grammar errors, he was just plain making stuff up for multiple teams. If you can't get basic facts right, I don't care if you are Paul Brown, Nick Saban etc, your opinion is worthless and should be discredited. I am not arguing against any team being on the list or that one should be on there. Just get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously. However he got MULTIPLE BASIC FACTS WRONG.

I understand you want to prop up McKinley and do a little trolling on other programs.

This writer is either lazy, incompetent or both.
Old 12-07-18, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
FWIW...when you talk to actual DLS fans, the 2001 team is usually no higher than #3 on their list of their all-time best teams.

And as turpin stated, so many errors on basic facts...this list simply isn't great. I mean, the 2009 Lakota West team sports two current all-pro players...maybe we should include them too!
Old 12-07-18, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
FWIW...when you talk to actual DLS fans, the 2001 team is usually no higher than #3 on their list of their all-time best teams.

And as turpin stated, so many errors on basic facts...this list simply isn't great. I mean, the 2009 Lakota West team sports two current all-pro players...maybe we should include them too!
Lakota W. snuck a state championship when i wasn't looking?
Old 12-07-18, 12:14 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Only 3 on that team went to the NFL? Thought there would be more from big, bad Massillon.

Heck, a local little public D5 school (when there were only 5 divisions) had 2 NFLers and 2 more other players go to big DI schools in that same class. Assumed Massillon woulda been loading NFL rosters as great as they say there were.
Old 12-07-18, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
It wasn't just grammar errors, he was just plain making stuff up for multiple teams. If you can't get basic facts right, I don't care if you are Paul Brown, Nick Saban etc, your opinion is worthless and should be discredited. I am not arguing against any team being on the list or that one should be on there. Just get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously. However he got MULTIPLE BASIC FACTS WRONG.

I understand you want to prop up McKinley and do a little trolling on other programs.

This writer is either lazy, incompetent or both.
No propping up for the '97 Bulldogs needed, Arrowgate. They were USA Today National Champions. If stating this fact somehow is trolling other programs, they must be snowflake programs.
Old 12-07-18, 12:18 PM
All Yappi

I dont recognize poll titles that weren't won on the field.
Old 12-07-18, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Lakota W. snuck a state championship when i wasn't looking?
The point being that using future pro players as a criteria for ranking HSFB teams is pretty silly.

Is there a list of all 22 D1 players on the roster for the 97 McK team? That number sounds high as well.
Old 12-07-18, 12:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
The point being that using future pro players as a criteria for ranking HSFB teams is pretty silly.
Not really. When all of the levels of team's competitions are uneven, it is much harder to compare championship teams from across the nation in different years. Actually, grading respective talent in this way and using it as one of the criterion is perhaps the closest one gets to being objective in a list such as this one.
Quote:
Is there a list of all 22 D1 players on the roster for the 97 McK team? That number sounds high as well.
I knew a lot of those guys. Sounds right to me.