Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-17-18, 08:10 AM
Junior Varsity

Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
We definitely are in a free society and cigarette smoking beer drinking good old delusional so-called Pastor Tim you my friend are an CLOWN. Always have been always will be....I didn't think someone could look like this much of a fool but obviously you can.....
Old 12-17-18, 10:38 AM
Junior Varsity

Pantherdadof2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdadof2 View Post
We definitely are in a free society and cigarette smoking beer drinking good old delusional so-called Pastor Tim you my friend are an CLOWN. Always have been always will be....I didn't think someone could look like this much of a fool but obviously you can.....
I take this back. You are not a clown but the whole CIRCUS.
Old 12-17-18, 12:07 PM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpattenpackerfan View Post
Besides, I don't do things for my best interest, I do them for the best interest of the young men and women who particpate in LM athletic programs.
And yet not one post from you in the "Next Coach at Little Miami" thread....

Just admit that you have a personal axe to grind with the coach based on how he used your son. (people both in the know and not in the know can see right through this)
Old 12-18-18, 03:57 AM
Varsity

ptpattenpackerfan is on a distinguished road
Well, well, PantherDadof 2, hadn't read anything from you of late. Doesn't matter, you really don't write anything new. Although the "beer drinking" part is a new twist. That's ok, a little "lutheran lemonade" isn't all that bad here and there. Glad to see your "clown" comments remain the same though. Still nothing of substance regarding actual LM football. Are you by chance like PeterDragon, not having any player who has played or is currently playing in the system over the last few years? Just popping off w/o any real knowledge. And yeahI'll admit it Allsports12, you could describe it as an "axe to grind" with regard to how the former coach handled my son's circumstance. I'm quite confident there are a good many other LM folks who were quite aware of the ridiculous manner in which such took place - and were equally disturbed that a coach would act in such a fashion. But then I must admit that the real fault lies in my lap for not following my own intuition and allowing myself to be "hood-winked" by the "sweet-talking" coach when we were ready to move on from the Little Miami after my son's Sophomore year after an LM record-setting 225 carries - albeit garnering over 1,500 yards and 20 tds - all conference, all district etc. Then the infamous 31 carries in the first half (in the pouring rain) of the 2nd game of his Junior year, causing a season-ending injury, and then the follow-up Senior year wherein the boy gets 2 or 3 carries a game because the coach is upset with the parents who called him on the table for the foolishness of the year before and BOOM - season and high school career over - along with any serious college recruitment. But I get that some folks just would never be upset with a coach over such nonsense. That's just normal HS football coaching - right? I'm not aware of any local HS coaches who would run a back 31 times in the first half of a football game. Are you? You don't see a problem with that - even though the team was up 19-0 at the time - against a poor Western Brown team whom they ultimately beat 32-0. I would contend such a grievous coaching error cost the 2017 Panthers' team their shot at the play-offs as they lost their top back for the season. But hey, what do I know. I'm just grinding that axe.
Old 12-18-18, 07:47 AM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, well, PantherDadof 2, hadn't read anything from you of late. Doesn't matter, you really don't write anything new. Although the "beer drinking" part is a new twist. That's ok, a little "lutheran lemonade" isn't all that bad here and there. Glad to see your "clown" comments remain the same though. Still nothing of substance regarding actual LM football. Are you by chance like PeterDragon, not having any player who has played or is currently playing in the system over the last few years? Just popping off w/o any real knowledge. And yeahI'll admit it Allsports12, you could describe it as an "axe to grind" with regard to how the former coach handled my son's circumstance. I'm quite confident there are a good many other LM folks who were quite aware of the ridiculous manner in which such took place - and were equally disturbed that a coach would act in such a fashion. But then I must admit that the real fault lies in my lap for not following my own intuition and allowing myself to be "hood-winked" by the "sweet-talking" coach when we were ready to move on from the Little Miami after my son's Sophomore year after an LM record-setting 225 carries - albeit garnering over 1,500 yards and 20 tds - all conference, all district etc. Then the infamous 31 carries in the first half (in the pouring rain) of the 2nd game of his Junior year, causing a season-ending injury, and then the follow-up Senior year wherein the boy gets 2 or 3 carries a game because the coach is upset with the parents who called him on the table for the foolishness of the year before and BOOM - season and high school career over - along with any serious college recruitment. But I get that some folks just would never be upset with a coach over such nonsense. That's just normal HS football coaching - right? I'm not aware of any local HS coaches who would run a back 31 times in the first half of a football game. Are you? You don't see a problem with that - even though the team was up 19-0 at the time - against a poor Western Brown team whom they ultimately beat 32-0. I would contend such a grievous coaching error cost the 2017 Panthers' team their shot at the play-offs as they lost their top back for the season. But hey, what do I know. I'm just grinding that axe.

This has got to be a mom! What dad would get on here and embarrassing his son like this?? And what man would take the time to write all this? This is the workings of a "stay at home mom." So I guess we should give her a break. She's probably just lonely.

FYI: if your son was getting "serious college recruitment" he would be playing! End of story!
Old 12-18-18, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
This has got to be a mom! What dad would get on here and embarrassing his son like this?? And what man would take the time to write all this? This is the workings of a "stay at home mom." So I guess we should give her a break. She's probably just lonely.

FYI: if your son was getting "serious college recruitment" he would be playing! End of story!
Nah its a dad, albeit not much of a man.

Really embarrassing rhetoric. This is what you become when you are a five foot nothing, one hundred and nothing non athlete in high school and your dream is for your son to be something. Then he turns out five foot nothing, one hundred and nothing, and your mad because you think coach should do what you say but you're and idiot. Then you realize that measureables are all recruiting is about these days so none of it even mattered.

Too bad, kid is really fast and athletic. This psycho dad routine has a negative effect on recruiting as well.
Old 12-18-18, 08:51 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I know of many coaches who would run a kid 31 times in a half if it was working and it was what they needed to do to win. 225 carries as a sophomore seems like a lot but in reality it is only 22.5 carries a game. Your son had a great high school career and was a major contributor to one of the most successful seasons in school history. I know you want to blame Mahon, but YOU have ruined that experience for him. I can only imagine with your long winded posts how many times your son has had to sit and listen to you rant and rave about Mahon and his staff. I'm sure you have a close relationship with your son and he has a lot of respect for you and because of that YOUR negativity has had a negative impact on his experience. Mahon is gone, your son's high school career is over, instead of dwelling on what might have been focus on the accomplishments. You would think your son sat the bench, he was a two way player on a playoff team.
Old 12-18-18, 08:53 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
.... I'm just grinding that axe.
If I were you, I'd be on every Hamilton thread going forward to keep sounding the alarm
Old 12-18-18, 09:14 AM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Hubbard ran him too much...Mahon didn't run him enough. Blah blah. As stated above, your son didn't get any serious recruitment because he is 5'7. He is also in the top 10 to 15 players ever to wear green and gold. Why can't you just enjoy that?
Old 12-18-18, 09:22 AM
Varsity

Wow! Really? I would challenge ANYONE to show me some stat revealing a HS coach rushing a back 31 TIMES IN ONE HALF! People have to be some kind of dumb to actually post ANY type of agreement with such a coaching decision! So because folks don't particularly like a "poster" on some blog (ok, I'll say it, genuinely can't stand a poster!) they lose all ability to rationally comprehend normal. In this case, I would state that my son was NOT and IS NOT adversely affected by my comments - he was most disillusioned by a coach he gave his all for who in turn treated him like dirt because of a vindictive, arrogant nature. Most "normal" folks would see this and recognize the problem does NOT lie with the parents or the player. Oh, and with regard to the 22.5 carries per game in the Sophomore year, in 7 of those games that was in just the first half. The player "cramped up" and couldn't go the 2nd half in those games - a circumstance he was soundly berated for by the coach on many occasions who saw that as a problem - really! Come on people, maybe just use your common sense here. Are you all that vitriolic that you can't actually see the incredible mistakes of some HS football coach?
Old 12-18-18, 09:30 AM
Varsity

Pete, you don't get recruitment when you lose 80% of your Junior season and then follow that up with a Senior season wherein the coach refuses to allow you to carry the ball (5 carries per game). That's how you don't get recruitment. Don't believe me, just ask the college coaches we are in discussion with at the moment. They certainly seem to "get it." And he's 5'8"/180lbs, and lots of college players playing at that size. Yes, I am quite proud of my son's accomplishments, but as any good father, I am also defensive of him and wanted the best for him and his future - a future negatively impacted by poor treatment from a coach. HS is obviously over, but I am just responding to those who want to "build the monument" to a coach who in myopinion does NOT deserve such.
Old 12-18-18, 09:52 AM
Varsity

Oh, and Pete..., this was NOT the issue with the Hubbards. My son was only a Freshman with them and it was NOT amount of carries that was the issue, it was their belief that concussions were somehow NOT a problem. Bottom line, they were dismissed because of their persistent refusal to properly deal with several players who incurred concussions in their final year of coaching, of which they turned a blind eye to and warned players NOT to report their head injuries to the training staff - a lawsuit just waiting to happen. Not a matter to dismiss in today's football. But then, it being you are so much in the "know" re: LM football, you already knew this - right?
Old 12-18-18, 10:28 AM
All Region

FootballPsychGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pete, you don't get recruitment when you lose 80% of your Junior season and then follow that up with a Senior season wherein the coach refuses to allow you to carry the ball (5 carries per game). That's how you don't get recruitment. Don't believe me, just ask the college coaches we are in discussion with at the moment. They certainly seem to "get it." And he's 5'8"/180lbs, and lots of college players playing at that size. Yes, I am quite proud of my son's accomplishments, but as any good father, I am also defensive of him and wanted the best for him and his future - a future negatively impacted by poor treatment from a coach. HS is obviously over, but I am just responding to those who want to "build the monument" to a coach who in myopinion does NOT deserve such.
Can you tell us who these college coaches are that you are in contact with now? I'd like to hear what level of play you are talking about, when it comes to being recruited. DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, which is it?
Old 12-18-18, 10:33 AM
All District

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Ok Im going to state it...this thread has nothing to do with Lucas or you. This has to to do with Hamilton coaching situation. Lucas was a fine player. At 5'8" 180 lbs or whatever he is, he was tough and versatile. Lucas was used in many different positions in HS. Him running the ball last year doesnt mean anything because if he runs the ball in college, the most it will be for a d2 or d3 school. So probably no scholarship money. The reason Lucas was moved was due "the team" needing help in other positions. Of what I checked helped the team out a lot. The team had 2 Running Backs that could start and they moved the more versatile one. Sounds fair to me. I hope he makes it in college. I hope he does real well. I hope his dreams come true. But for the love of God please stop it! None of this matters anymore to anyone. Its now 2019. Its time to start talking about the future and present and not the past. Your son has a good senior season and so did LM. So let it go! This is embarrassing as a parent in the district!
Old 12-18-18, 10:41 AM
Junior Varsity

allcincinnatiteam is on a distinguished road
Just for reference, the top 2 backs as far as total yards in the GMC, GWOC, and GCL coed all had 220+ carries on the season so 225 carries for the season isn't that bad.... Also one the nation's leading rushers had 318 rushing attempts....
Old 12-18-18, 11:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Ok Im going to state it...this thread has nothing to do with Lucas or you. This has to to do with Hamilton coaching situation. Lucas was a fine player. At 5'8" 180 lbs or whatever he is, he was tough and versatile. Lucas was used in many different positions in HS. Him running the ball last year doesnt mean anything because if he runs the ball in college, the most it will be for a d2 or d3 school. So probably no scholarship money. The reason Lucas was moved was due "the team" needing help in other positions. Of what I checked helped the team out a lot. The team had 2 Running Backs that could start and they moved the more versatile one. Sounds fair to me. I hope he makes it in college. I hope he does real well. I hope his dreams come true. But for the love of God please stop it! None of this matters anymore to anyone. Its now 2019. Its time to start talking about the future and present and not the past. Your son has a good senior season and so did LM. So let it go! This is embarrassing as a parent in the district!
Old 12-18-18, 11:01 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by allcincinnatiteam View Post
Just for reference, the top 2 backs as far as total yards in the GMC, GWOC, and GCL coed all had 220+ carries on the season so 225 carries for the season isn't that bad.... Also one the nation's leading rushers had 318 rushing attempts....
Old 12-18-18, 11:13 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Will be interesting to see him coach talented running backs. The stable was empty at LM especially in years 2016-2018
Old 12-18-18, 11:21 AM
All Region

Quote:
Wow! Really? I would challenge ANYONE to show me some stat revealing a HS coach rushing a back 31 TIMES IN ONE HALF! People have to be some kind of dumb to actually post ANY type of agreement with such a coaching decision! So because folks don't particularly like a "poster" on some blog (ok, I'll say it, genuinely can't stand a poster!) they lose all ability to rationally comprehend normal. In this case, I would state that my son was NOT and IS NOT adversely affected by my comments - he was most disillusioned by a coach he gave his all for who in turn treated him like dirt because of a vindictive, arrogant nature. Most "normal" folks would see this and recognize the problem does NOT lie with the parents or the player. Oh, and with regard to the 22.5 carries per game in the Sophomore year, in 7 of those games that was in just the first half. The player "cramped up" and couldn't go the 2nd half in those games - a circumstance he was soundly berated for by the coach on many occasions who saw that as a problem - really! Come on people, maybe just use your common sense here. Are you all that vitriolic that you can't actually see the incredible mistakes of some HS football coach?
How exactly was your son treated like dirt Padre? Not following you on this one. He seemed to be on and all over the field this year.
Old 12-18-18, 11:30 AM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree. Patten deserved more than 5 carries a game and I do think Mahon had some issues with the parents. From an outsiders perspective #4 was the best player on the team. It is a shame that it ended this way. I think Mahon did a good job getting wins at LM and taking them to the playoffs but I am not sure I would want my kids playing for him.

Mahon got his dream job and I can't blame him for that. It will be interesting to see what LM does going forward. Good luck with the recruiting process Preach.
Old 12-18-18, 11:48 AM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	napolen.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2687

PT, this is how I picture you.
Old 12-18-18, 11:53 AM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Looks like pboy!
Old 12-18-18, 11:56 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only mistakes on here are from you. You continue to say that your son is not adversely affected by your comments. HE IS! As I told you earlier, small school coaches read sites like this to see what they are getting. The lack of recruitment should tell you all you need to know because you are reaping what you sow right now.

You keep saying your son "cramped up" too. That is negatively affecting every bit of his recruiting because that shows he doesn't take care of his body. The ONLY reason for players to cramp up is dehydration, his issue not how much the coach uses him.

So you get mad when coach overuses him and get mad when he underuses him. Is he supposed to consult with you each week on the proper amount of use?

Lastly, your son playing multiple position, especially defense only helps his recruiting. Colleges get thousands of films from people running the ball. They are all the same. They like to see versatility, and him returning kicks and playing defense only helps his case. The only one hurting your son's recruiting is YOU, I promise. I have been through the recruiting process with so many players I have coached it'll make your head spin.

Who made your son's tape being sent to coaches? If it was you or your son, that is issue #1. A coach should always do it because they know what to include. If your son's coach won't do it, it is your fault because the coach doesn't want to deal with your tirades over nothing. If it is the tape that you put out in one of your first posts ever, that's THE reason no college will recruit him. Coaches turned it off about about 20 seconds into the film, if they even made it that far. Who is sending it out? How is it being sent out?

Coaches don't want headaches, and smaller coaches focus more on other factors because they can't afford distractions, and you are THE DISTRACTION and 100% guarantee without a doubt that YOU are the reason your son is not being recruited. If you are making this much noise at the high school level, NO COLLEGE TEAM in the nation wants any bit of your nonsense, period. Just because you claim "facts" and to be "in the know" doesn't mean jack squat to college recruiters.

I say for my last time ever for the sake of your son and his future playing, please delete your YAPPI Account, and see if an asst. coach at LM will be gracious enough to put together a tape for your son and send it out. You are the cause of all of this.
Old 12-18-18, 11:59 AM
All World

AllSports12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And yeahI'll admit it Allsports12, you could describe it as an "axe to grind" with regard to how the former coach handled my son's circumstance. I'm quite confident there are a good many other LM folks who were quite aware of the ridiculous manner in which such took place - and were equally disturbed that a coach would act in such a fashion. But then I must admit that the real fault lies in my lap for not following my own intuition and allowing myself to be "hood-winked" by the "sweet-talking" coach when we were ready to move on from the Little Miami after my son's Sophomore year after an LM record-setting 225 carries - albeit garnering over 1,500 yards and 20 tds - all conference, all district etc. Then the infamous 31 carries in the first half (in the pouring rain) of the 2nd game of his Junior year, causing a season-ending injury, and then the follow-up Senior year wherein the boy gets 2 or 3 carries a game because the coach is upset with the parents who called him on the table for the foolishness of the year before and BOOM - season and high school career over - along with any serious college recruitment. But I get that some folks just would never be upset with a coach over such nonsense. That's just normal HS football coaching - right? I'm not aware of any local HS coaches who would run a back 31 times in the first half of a football game. Are you? You don't see a problem with that - even though the team was up 19-0 at the time - against a poor Western Brown team whom they ultimately beat 32-0. I would contend such a grievous coaching error cost the 2017 Panthers' team their shot at the play-offs as they lost their top back for the season. But hey, what do I know. I'm just grinding that axe.
1) Personal Stats vs Team Success....... Looks to me as if your Coach made a decision to put the good of the team before "career" stats.. He chose to utilize the overall skills of your son in a way that would help the team. From the looks of things he succeeded. The team had a great season, advanced to the Semi Finals (there were about 170 or so other teams that would have gladly changed places with your team in Week 12) where they ran into a powerhouse ending their season. Compare 9-3 (4-2) to 3-7 (1-5) when your son had those stats and tell me that the coach failed.......

Bottom Line is the Coach put the team before the individual and it worked.

2) Serious College Recruitment..... First, the colleges are chock full of kids playing in positions that they did not play in High School. Recruiters (coaches) know talent when they see it and know where a player will fit in with regards to their program. Next, 2.7%, 1.8%, and 2.4% are the likelihoods of a HS football player advancing to NCAA D1, 2, and 3 respectively. (out of 1.057 million kids) Unless your son was a 3star+ player, he's a dime a dozen when it comes to talent. (harsh reality, not a knock on your son) When those kids are being looked at a whole bunch of other factors now are considered.... Character of the kid, grades, and.........

Parents......

Over the years I have spoken to hundreds of coaches (Saban, Fulmer, Kelly, Meyer, Fincham, Kindbom, et al) about how a player acts on the field. Not only towards officials, but towards opponents and teammates as well. They also ask about parents. Most of the time, we cannot help shed any light with regards to that category, but there are times when we encounter the parents, with both good and bad results. Those questions pertaining to parents are posed to many, many people and the responses carry a great deal of weight in whether or not a school retains an interest in a player. Knowing what I know about you and your antics in football and other sports, I would not be surprised that teams took a pass based on facts presented to them. Your son is in that group where the talent is equal and other factors now weigh in.

Bottom Line is you need to look ingot the mirror when you are placing blame on your son's recruitment, or lack of thereof.

3) It's time for you to truly act like the man you want others to act like. (practice what your preach immediately comes to mind)

Holding out the possibility here for your son walking on or getting a late look from a school. If he does, you need to keep your nose out of his business and let him succeed or fail on his own.
Old 12-18-18, 12:26 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Can we get back to talking about Hamilton football?
Old 12-18-18, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
Can we get back to talking about Hamilton football?
Hamilton! You wanna talk about Hamilton? Hamilton?!
Old 12-18-18, 01:19 PM
All American

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
He didn't even lead the city in carries... he wasn't even 2nd or 3rd... he was 5th that season. Strunk from Goshen led the city and carried the ball 34 times and 31 times in games. Guess he and the rest are just tougher...
Old 12-18-18, 01:20 PM
All American

Heck, The kid from Fayetteville had 234 AND he played defense...
Old 12-18-18, 01:27 PM
All American

I just went back for more reference. Wolf kid from Massie toted the rock 214 times in a season and played defense for 15 games in 2012 and then in 2013 he dislocated his elbow in a scrimmage, so he sat games 1, 9 and 10. He ended the season with 285 carries, playing 12 games- both ways and his playoff carries looked like this:
Week 11: 26 v Miami Trce
Week 12: 33 v McNick
Week 13: 35 v Alter
Week 14: 26 v Kenton
Week 15: 33 v Cardinal Mooney

Kid carried the ball 737 times in his entire career at Massie... played offense and defense in almost double the amount of games your son did and no one complained. He then went on to have a great career.... at outside linebacker at West Point. Quit you crying.
Old 12-18-18, 01:52 PM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I just went back for more reference. Wolf kid from Massie toted the rock 214 times in a season and played defense for 15 games in 2012 and then in 2013 he dislocated his elbow in a scrimmage, so he sat games 1, 9 and 10. He ended the season with 285 carries, playing 12 games- both ways and his playoff carries looked like this:
Week 11: 26 v Miami Trce
Week 12: 33 v McNick
Week 13: 35 v Alter
Week 14: 26 v Kenton
Week 15: 33 v Cardinal Mooney

Kid carried the ball 737 times in his entire career at Massie... played offense and defense in almost double the amount of games your son did and no one complained. He then went on to have a great career.... at outside linebacker at West Point. Quit you crying.

shhhh, dont let facts get in the way of a good argument. I was enjoying the discussion because unlike most of the general public I love clowns.