Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-18, 10:38 AM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I thought Harrison was very good from the Wayne game on so it will be interesting to see how his 2nd year goes.
Has he taken his official visits to Wayne and CJ yet? We'll see which hat he wears on Montgomery County signing day.
Old 12-04-18, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Everything on the website is not always correct. Do more research than the website. You're just excited about the potential of Centerville.
Again...what was not accurate?
Old 12-04-18, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah4everything View Post
Has he taken his official visits to Wayne and CJ yet? We'll see which hat he wears on Montgomery County signing day.
I only heard an IMG rumor, not Wayne or CJ. None of them would make any sense since he is already the Elks starter

Last edited by ELK Strong; 12-04-18 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-04-18, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
Wayne does not lose their top 3 receivers.... Austin Mullins will be back, he missed all of last season with injury, Fancher will also be back.
Old 12-04-18, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I only heard an IMG rumor, not Wayne or CJ. None of them would make any sense since he is already the Elks starter
Is Harrison good enough for IMG?
Old 12-05-18, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wayne does not lose their top 3 receivers.... Austin Mullins will be back, he missed all of last season with injury, Fancher will also be back.
Didn't know about Mullins, but lose Fancher as WR if move to QB
Old 12-05-18, 12:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Is Harrison good enough for IMG?
I have no idea but I don't think we will find out since I doubt Harrison is going anywhere
Old 12-05-18, 01:16 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have no idea but I don't think we will find out since I doubt Harrison is going anywhere
Who said the rumor to you that he was going to IMG?
Old 12-05-18, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Who said the rumor to you that he was going to IMG?
If I remember correctly, it was some Frosh or Soph parents. They didn't say he was going to IMG just that IMG had some contact with him. I haven't heard that rumor for awhile
Old 12-05-18, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Didn't know about Mullins, but lose Fancher as WR if move to QB
Fancher will likely go to QB but Trick is also an option. I go with whatever would benefit Wayne better. Both QB's can get it done.
Old 12-10-18, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Miamisburg should be down. Now they are the smallest school in the league and have to play against a few who will have a significant advantage in numbers. If Channell is leaving as rumors are suggesting, a new coach will have to take over while walking into this tough league. If you ask me, Channell wanted nothing to do with playing against Centerville, Wayne, Springfield, and Fairmont. He was fine with the crossovers against them, but not playing all of them on the schedule. He knows at Miamisburg's size that will be a tough task. The new coach might be walking into a buzzsaw as the talent level might be dropping.
Old 12-10-18, 06:16 PM
Lets go Wayne

WHS00_UD04 is on a distinguished road
Why would Channell be concerned about Miamisburg's size? They are closer to the size of Wayne and Springfield, than those 2 teams are to Centerville and Beavercreek. It's not the size of the school that matters. Rather that skills of the players and coaches.

Miamisburg struggles against Trotwood, not because of the size of the school, but the talent.

Centerville 1024
Beavercreek 1009
Fairmont 919
Springfield 818
Springboro 731
Wayne 723
Lebanon 698
Northmont 659
Miamisburg 627
Trotwood 361
Old 12-10-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGuy View Post
Miamisburg should be down. Now they are the smallest school in the league and have to play against a few who will have a significant advantage in numbers. If Channell is leaving as rumors are suggesting, a new coach will have to take over while walking into this tough league. If you ask me, Channell wanted nothing to do with playing against Centerville, Wayne, Springfield, and Fairmont. He was fine with the crossovers against them, but not playing all of them on the schedule. He knows at Miamisburg's size that will be a tough task. The new coach might be walking into a buzzsaw as the talent level might be dropping.
So basically he wanted to play all small schools during regular season then play big schools in playoffs
Old 12-11-18, 03:35 PM
Freshman

TheBaconator is on a distinguished road
Has anyone heard of any rumors about this RB from Illinois coming to Beavercreek next year?
Old 12-12-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHS00_UD04 View Post
Why would Channell be concerned about Miamisburg's size? They are closer to the size of Wayne and Springfield, than those 2 teams are to Centerville and Beavercreek. It's not the size of the school that matters. Rather that skills of the players and coaches.

Miamisburg struggles against Trotwood, not because of the size of the school, but the talent.

Centerville 1024
Beavercreek 1009
Fairmont 919
Springfield 818
Springboro 731
Wayne 723
Lebanon 698
Northmont 659
Miamisburg 627
Trotwood 361
Stop being stupid. The more students you have, the better chance you have at having more talent. Its simple math.
Old 12-12-18, 02:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
So basically he wanted to play all small schools during regular season then play big schools in playoffs
No, he just wants to play schools their size. This is not hard to understand.

As for him being out, it has nothing to do with on the field issues.
Old 12-12-18, 03:12 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaconator View Post
Has anyone heard of any rumors about this RB from Illinois coming to Beavercreek next year?

How would a college running back have eligibility in high school?
Old 12-12-18, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Miamisburg is the 3rd smallest D1 school with only +9 boys away from D2. I believe Miamisburg is growing in enrollment with the Austin Landing expansion so they may be stuck in D1. The Vikings have competed very well in the last 2 years with the big boys so why would Channell leave?
Old 12-13-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Miamisburg is the 3rd smallest D1 school with only +9 boys away from D2. I believe Miamisburg is growing in enrollment with the Austin Landing expansion so they may be stuck in D1. The Vikings have competed very well in the last 2 years with the big boys so why would Channell leave?
He is trying to leave because of other issues. I also just do not think he wants to play in this new league with what he has coming up at Miamisburg. You are right. We are a growing community. I don't think that will be reflected for several years though. I love his offense as the wing-t is difficult to stop when you do not see it often. We just do not have great athletes at those skill positions, so it fits the kids. If a new guy comes in and tries to go back to the spread stuff, we will be in trouble.
Old 12-13-18, 07:19 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Quote:
He is trying to leave because of other issues. I also just do not think he wants to play in this new league with what he has coming up at Miamisburg. You are right. We are a growing community. I don't think that will be reflected for several years though. I love his offense as the wing-t is difficult to stop when you do not see it often. We just do not have great athletes at those skill positions, so it fits the kids. If a new guy comes in and tries to go back to the spread stuff, we will be in trouble.

Iím confused. Youíre saying he doesnít want to play in the new GWOC because of the players he has coming up? Am I misreading what youíre saying? Because it reads like heís jumping ship because the cupboards are bare.
Old 12-14-18, 08:42 AM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Iím confused. Youíre saying he doesnít want to play in the new GWOC because of the players he has coming up? Am I misreading what youíre saying? Because it reads like heís jumping ship because the cupboards are bare.
I think it is a combination of talent in the 9-11th grade and his age. He won't be coaching for 15 more years. No idea how long he will coach but if he has 5 more years left, do you want to spend that struggling for 500. records? I don't think he's afraid of the league, he just has a limited number of years and not a lot of talent for the next 2 or 3 seasons. But saying all that, they didn't expect to have the year they had this year.
Old 12-14-18, 08:49 AM
All District

Quote:
I think they will try and stick with the Wing-T, the boys coming up have been running it since they were in 2nd grade.
Old 12-14-18, 10:24 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
I think it is a combination of talent in the 9-11th grade and his age. He won't be coaching for 15 more years. No idea how long he will coach but if he has 5 more years left, do you want to spend that struggling for 500. records? I don't think he's afraid of the league, he just has a limited number of years and not a lot of talent for the next 2 or 3 seasons. But saying all that, they didn't expect to have the year they had this year.
So it's okay for a coach to bolt to another program because he only has a few years left in the tank (and a weak pipeline for the next few years) but when a player wants to move to a successful school to try and win a championship, then that's wrong. It sounds like double standards in Miamisburg.
Old 12-14-18, 11:22 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
So it's okay for a coach to bolt to another program because he only has a few years left in the tank (and a weak pipeline for the next few years) but when a player wants to move to a successful school to try and win a championship, then that's wrong. It sounds like double standards in Miamisburg.
I didn't say it was ok for him to bolt, I just said that is why he is looking to get out. I certainly wouldn't bolt if I were in his shoes but he doesn't owe anyone anything and if he wants to spend his last years coaching for championships and not moral victories, then that is what he will do. As far as players leaving to win, I see both sides. Can't blame a kid for wanting to win but I think it means more when a kids grows up in a community and grows up with his teammates and they do amazing things but I certain don't blame Blue for playing for Wayne and not West Carrollton.
Old 12-19-18, 05:02 PM
All Ohio

I heard second-hand the other day that the Elks open the 2019 season with Lakota West, Dunbar, and Miamisburg. It looks like the Fairfield contract is over and the Elks opted for Dunbar vs. another Canadian team. Miamisburg will be down next season, and Dunbar should be a "W". I am not sure what to expect from LW with Bolden now. If he installs a similar offense to Colerain, LW does not have the same athletes so may take some time to get them rolling.
Old 12-19-18, 06:55 PM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
Used to be when playoffs only invited 2-4 teams per region, you wanted to schedule the best teams available to collect potential computer points...Now with virtually everyone getting in, you clearly want to simply schedule teams you can beat. Funny how times change...Not implying that the Elks are doing this next season, but that philosophy is now in play.
Old 12-19-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I heard second-hand the other day that the Elks open the 2019 season with Lakota West, Dunbar, and Miamisburg. It looks like the Fairfield contract is over and the Elks opted for Dunbar vs. another Canadian team. Miamisburg will be down next season, and Dunbar should be a "W". I am not sure what to expect from LW with Bolden now. If he installs a similar offense to Colerain, LW does not have the same athletes so may take some time to get them rolling.
Miamisburg is a league game idiot.
Old 12-19-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
I didn't say it was ok for him to bolt, I just said that is why he is looking to get out. I certainly wouldn't bolt if I were in his shoes but he doesn't owe anyone anything and if he wants to spend his last years coaching for championships and not moral victories, then that is what he will do. As far as players leaving to win, I see both sides. Can't blame a kid for wanting to win but I think it means more when a kids grows up in a community and grows up with his teammates and they do amazing things but I certain don't blame Blue for playing for Wayne and not West Carrollton.
Its not why he is looking to get out. He screwed up and the administration let him know it. He also thought a lot more about himself than the Hamilton people did.
Old 12-19-18, 09:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Miamisburg is a league game idiot.
No kidding smart guy. Burg is not normally on our conference schedule and appear to be replacing Fairfield. With the GWOC having 10 teams next year, I wonder if all the GWOC teams play an 8 conference game schedule with only 2 OOC games. Prediction - Elks beat your Vikes next year.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 12-20-18 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-19-18, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
FBGuy,
Thanks for the insult...I have a long memory. Wasn't meaning to pick on anybody, including the Burg. Merely pointing out that scheduling heavyweights no longer pays for anybody, including the Elks. And no, the Burg, league or not, isn't a perennial heavyweight. Congrats though on a great season.