Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-18, 07:21 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
2019 GWOC Projections

Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-07-18, 07:50 PM
HSFB HSFB is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-10-06
Posts: 314
HSFB is on a distinguished road
What is going to happen (if anything) after Lebanon leaves for the ECC ? It sounds like this is going to be done.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-18, 08:59 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,403
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Springfield should be pretty good next year. They will have a true qb both runningbacks 3 of the 4 receivers. Will have to replace Douglas, Brown-Stephens, Gibson and Moss but def wont be hurting for talent. The group of juniors went undefeated as a class until this season
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-18, 09:10 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,672
America is an unknown quantity at this point
What makes Boro above Northmont. I know Fairmont is losing eveybody but their MLB and couple of defensive linemen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-18, 09:21 AM
JustAGuy5 JustAGuy5 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-23-18
Posts: 124
JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon

From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-18, 10:03 AM
THE FLOCK THE FLOCK is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-18
Location: Applebee's
Posts: 139
THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-18, 01:27 PM
Pawpaw53 Pawpaw53 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-27-18
Posts: 39
Pawpaw53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Not so fast. Not a elks fan by no means. But this elk team reminds me of northmont a few years ago. They have be better all those young guys playing. I could see them 7 and 3 easy. And better next year. As for Springboro. I kinda get it. But to say they be the best in gwoc not sure I buy that. Orthmont wont be as good they lose some studs. See them slipping a bit. But they have speed and size in underclassmen. And of course Wayne will be back. I think be more even top to bottom year next year at least more so than this year
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-08-18, 06:52 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
I donít think flipping 5 games is that unreasonable with what the Elks have coming back and with the big losses to the top 5 teams this year (Northmont, Fairmont, Wayne, Springfield, and Miamisburg)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-18, 07:38 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,555
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Who is Wayne losing?

McKee... yes, but Wayne is STACKED at the QB position.
Victoria? OK, but Wayne's 2nd best receiver did not hit the field this year do to injury in Mullins...

They do lose some on the OL but they return a ton compared to what they returned for this season including one of the top backs in the league in Nelson.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-18, 08:10 PM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 413
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-08-18, 09:23 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-08-18, 09:39 PM
Killer Joe Killer Joe is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-16-16
Posts: 413
Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-18, 08:04 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Not as good as Wayne for sure. Elks will need to get beyond 2nd round and make it to the Region Finals to elevate the program. Based on what I see coming, the next 2-3 years will be our best chance in a decade.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-02-18, 04:16 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who is Wayne losing?

McKee... yes, but Wayne is STACKED at the QB position.
Victoria? OK, but Wayne's 2nd best receiver did not hit the field this year do to injury in Mullins...

They do lose some on the OL but they return a ton compared to what they returned for this season including one of the top backs in the league in Nelson.
McKee was also 2nd leading rusher. Wayne loses top 3 receivers assuming Fancher starts at QB next year. Wayne also lose top 3 out of 5 tacklers. What did Wayne lose on the DL?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-02-18, 07:31 PM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,868
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
It's great that Centerville has a lot of young players coming back. But from a 2-8 season, I wouldn't put Centerville ahead of Wayne next season, who also has a lot of young players coming back and beat the ELKS this season.

I'm not sure if Springfield has a lot coming back next season, but they ripped the ELKS this season by 43 points. That's a huge gap to make up, so those young ELKS had better improve a lot, while the WILDCATS drop off a lot.

The ELKS did show great improvement by beating a good Fairmont team 17-0 the second last game of the season. So I'd put the ELKS ahead of Fairmont and Beavercreek next season. But not Wayne and Springfield.

So I rank it like this:

EAST
1) Wayne
2) Springfield
3) Centerville
4) Fairmont
5) Beavercreek
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-02-18, 09:57 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
It's great that Centerville has a lot of young players coming back. But from a 2-8 season, I wouldn't put Centerville ahead of Wayne next season, who also has a lot of young players coming back and beat the ELKS this season.

I'm not sure if Springfield has a lot coming back next season, but they ripped the ELKS this season by 43 points. That's a huge gap to make up, so those young ELKS had better improve a lot, while the WILDCATS drop off a lot.

The ELKS did show great improvement by beating a good Fairmont team 17-0 the second last game of the season. So I'd put the ELKS ahead of Fairmont and Beavercreek next season. But not Wayne and Springfield.

So I rank it like this:

EAST
1) Wayne
2) Springfield
3) Centerville
4) Fairmont
5) Beavercreek
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-18, 12:20 AM
nooks nooks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 793
nooks is on a distinguished road
Kyle E has it right...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-03-18, 12:50 AM
Kyle_E_Woyote's Avatar
Kyle_E_Woyote Kyle_E_Woyote is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-01-08
Location: Seattle & Irvine, CA
Posts: 7,868
Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
Thanks for the info. It looks like all three teams return a lot of their top players. Centerville may have more of their top players returning, but I'm not so sure that this will be enough to put the ELKS past the WARRIORS and the WILDCATS next season.

It was very encouraging when Centerville played Wayne close this season, until the WARRIORS pulled away in the final quarter to win by two TD's in game eight.

But in game nine, I was totally amazed when the ELKS shut out a good Fairmont team 17-0.

Then the final game, routing a Beavercreek team worse than anyone else routed them this season. Actually, before the Wayne game, there was a question mark as to whether or not the ELKS would even beat the Beavers.

So I'm looking forward to next season. I think the young ELKS gained valuable experience, and will be more competitive with the top GWOC teams.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-03-18, 12:49 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,906
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
You might want to re-do that list.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-03-18, 12:53 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,906
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
^^^^
This is not accurate
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-03-18, 01:12 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,906
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
^^^^
This is not accurate particularly the Springfield part,
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-03-18, 01:23 PM
Deep Deep is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-30-18
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 131
Deep is on a distinguished road
Wayne will definitely win the east. Beavercreek is already down. Fairmont will be down this upcoming year. Centerville is down and still will be next year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-03-18, 02:25 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,403
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Wayne will definitely win the east. Beavercreek is already down. Fairmont will be down this upcoming year. Centerville is down and still will be next year.
Definetly?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-03-18, 03:37 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
^^^^
This is not accurate
What is not accurate? I pulled all of the information off the GWOC site.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-03-18, 03:39 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Wayne will definitely win the east. Beavercreek is already down. Fairmont will be down this upcoming year. Centerville is down and still will be next year.
I would agree if the Elks played Springfield and Wayne early, but play them mid-season so I think they can compete with both. Cats and Warriors should have a good running game coming into the year as long as the returning OLs are solid. I think the Elks will be better than people think and surprise some teams. I am guessing 7-3 if we get off to good start vs. Fairfield and Lakota West.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-03-18, 09:25 PM
Trench Bully Trench Bully is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-05-18
Posts: 24
Trench Bully is on a distinguished road
I think Wayne will rise to the occasion and capture the east in 2019. Fancher is very talented and seems to already have the role of QB1. Cville will be pretty good next year but I do not think Harrison is all that. A lot of bark no bite. Overrated to be fair. Springfield will be challenging wayne for the top spot.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-04-18, 08:33 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 511
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench Bully View Post
I think Wayne will rise to the occasion and capture the east in 2019. Fancher is very talented and seems to already have the role of QB1. Cville will be pretty good next year but I do not think Harrison is all that. A lot of bark no bite. Overrated to be fair. Springfield will be challenging wayne for the top spot.
If the new QBs at Wayne and Springfield are effective, I can see that. I think both teams lost quite a bit on defense, especially the Cats. I thought Harrison was very good from the Wayne game on so it will be interesting to see how his 2nd year goes.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 12-04-18 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-04-18, 10:07 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,906
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
What is not accurate? I pulled all of the information off the GWOC site.
Everything on the website is not always correct. Do more research than the website. You're just excited about the potential of Centerville.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-04-18, 10:12 AM
THE FLOCK THE FLOCK is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-30-18
Location: Applebee's
Posts: 139
THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
East:
1a. Fenwick
1b. Wayne
2. Fairmont
3. Beavercreek
4. Centerville
5. Springfield
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-04-18, 10:37 AM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 5,476
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
East:
1a. Fenwick
1b. Wayne
2. Fairmont
3. Beavercreek
4. Centerville
5. Springfield
It wasn't funny the first time and it is still not funny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GWOC going to 8 league games for 2019 vamp2syd Football 41 09-13-18 05:48 PM
Gwoc 2001-2017 vamp2syd Football 29 08-20-18 08:04 PM
Gwoc shakeup catscatscats Boys Basketball 17 02-10-18 09:54 PM
GWOC Pick'Em!!! Playoff Edition - Week 1 Yellow_Jacket06 Football 9 11-03-17 12:34 PM
GWOC 2001-present annual history thread.... vamp2syd Football 10 08-12-17 07:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz