Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-18, 07:21 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
2019 GWOC Projections

Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-18, 07:50 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
What is going to happen (if anything) after Lebanon leaves for the ECC ? It sounds like this is going to be done.
Old 11-07-18, 08:59 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Since the Elks are out of playoffs, is it too early to start talking about next year? The new GWOC should be a powerhouse conference loaded with playoff teams. Here are the "way too early" projections. I think Springboro will be the best overall team, but the Elks will win the East with big graduation losses for Fairmont, Wayne, and Springfield. Northmont and Miamisburg lose a lot in the West.

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
Springfield should be pretty good next year. They will have a true qb both runningbacks 3 of the 4 receivers. Will have to replace Douglas, Brown-Stephens, Gibson and Moss but def wont be hurting for talent. The group of juniors went undefeated as a class until this season
Old 11-08-18, 09:10 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
What makes Boro above Northmont. I know Fairmont is losing eveybody but their MLB and couple of defensive linemen.
Old 11-08-18, 09:21 AM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon

From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
Old 11-08-18, 10:03 AM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Old 11-08-18, 01:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Pawpaw53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
Lol. Centerville goes 2-8 with one of the wins coming against one of the worst teams in D1 in Beavercreek and they think that in 2019 they'll be the at the top of the GWOC. I guess they think little Chasey is gonna turn into Brett Favre in the offseason
Not so fast. Not a elks fan by no means. But this elk team reminds me of northmont a few years ago. They have be better all those young guys playing. I could see them 7 and 3 easy. And better next year. As for Springboro. I kinda get it. But to say they be the best in gwoc not sure I buy that. Orthmont wont be as good they lose some studs. See them slipping a bit. But they have speed and size in underclassmen. And of course Wayne will be back. I think be more even top to bottom year next year at least more so than this year
Old 11-08-18, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
From 2-8 to 1st huh? Centerville fans are the most delusional in the state
I donít think flipping 5 games is that unreasonable with what the Elks have coming back and with the big losses to the top 5 teams this year (Northmont, Fairmont, Wayne, Springfield, and Miamisburg)
Old 11-08-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Who is Wayne losing?

McKee... yes, but Wayne is STACKED at the QB position.
Victoria? OK, but Wayne's 2nd best receiver did not hit the field this year do to injury in Mullins...

They do lose some on the OL but they return a ton compared to what they returned for this season including one of the top backs in the league in Nelson.
Old 11-08-18, 08:10 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Old 11-08-18, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
I don't think that the OP is really out for GWOC projections, only to try to prop up the lowly Centerville football program. Never underestimate the ability of Centerville fans to overrate their football team, even in a 2-8 season.
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
Old 11-08-18, 09:39 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Elks won the GWOC in 2014 & 2017. We will be back on top soon
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Old 11-09-18, 08:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
How did you do in the playoffs those years? Not much is the answer, therefore proving my point...
Not as good as Wayne for sure. Elks will need to get beyond 2nd round and make it to the Region Finals to elevate the program. Based on what I see coming, the next 2-3 years will be our best chance in a decade.
Old 12-02-18, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Who is Wayne losing?

McKee... yes, but Wayne is STACKED at the QB position.
Victoria? OK, but Wayne's 2nd best receiver did not hit the field this year do to injury in Mullins...

They do lose some on the OL but they return a ton compared to what they returned for this season including one of the top backs in the league in Nelson.
McKee was also 2nd leading rusher. Wayne loses top 3 receivers assuming Fancher starts at QB next year. Wayne also lose top 3 out of 5 tacklers. What did Wayne lose on the DL?
Old 12-02-18, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:

EAST
1. Centerville
2. Wayne
3. Springfield
4. Fairmont
5. Beavercreek

WEST
1. Springboro
2. Northmont
3. Trotwood
4. Miamisburg
5. Lebanon
It's great that Centerville has a lot of young players coming back. But from a 2-8 season, I wouldn't put Centerville ahead of Wayne next season, who also has a lot of young players coming back and beat the ELKS this season.

I'm not sure if Springfield has a lot coming back next season, but they ripped the ELKS this season by 43 points. That's a huge gap to make up, so those young ELKS had better improve a lot, while the WILDCATS drop off a lot.

The ELKS did show great improvement by beating a good Fairmont team 17-0 the second last game of the season. So I'd put the ELKS ahead of Fairmont and Beavercreek next season. But not Wayne and Springfield.

So I rank it like this:

EAST
1) Wayne
2) Springfield
3) Centerville
4) Fairmont
5) Beavercreek
Old 12-02-18, 09:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
It's great that Centerville has a lot of young players coming back. But from a 2-8 season, I wouldn't put Centerville ahead of Wayne next season, who also has a lot of young players coming back and beat the ELKS this season.

I'm not sure if Springfield has a lot coming back next season, but they ripped the ELKS this season by 43 points. That's a huge gap to make up, so those young ELKS had better improve a lot, while the WILDCATS drop off a lot.

The ELKS did show great improvement by beating a good Fairmont team 17-0 the second last game of the season. So I'd put the ELKS ahead of Fairmont and Beavercreek next season. But not Wayne and Springfield.

So I rank it like this:

EAST
1) Wayne
2) Springfield
3) Centerville
4) Fairmont
5) Beavercreek
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
Old 12-03-18, 12:20 AM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
Kyle E has it right...
Old 12-03-18, 12:50 AM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You may be right. Elks have two big question marks - How quick do the young guys grow up? What WRs, LBs, & OL step up? In my opinion, both Wayne & Springfield lose more than the Elks, and we don't play them until mid-season.

Wayne - Lose QB, 2nd leading rusher, top 3 WRs, & top 3 out of 5 tacklers. Top RB is back.
Springfield - Lose QB, top WR, & top 5 of 7 tacklers. Top 2 RBs & 2 of 3 WRs are back.
Elks - lose top 2 WRs & top 3 of 6 tacklers. QB, top 2 rushers, & top 2 of 4 tacklers are back.
Thanks for the info. It looks like all three teams return a lot of their top players. Centerville may have more of their top players returning, but I'm not so sure that this will be enough to put the ELKS past the WARRIORS and the WILDCATS next season.

It was very encouraging when Centerville played Wayne close this season, until the WARRIORS pulled away in the final quarter to win by two TD's in game eight.

But in game nine, I was totally amazed when the ELKS shut out a good Fairmont team 17-0.

Then the final game, routing a Beavercreek team worse than anyone else routed them this season. Actually, before the Wayne game, there was a question mark as to whether or not the ELKS would even beat the Beavers.

So I'm looking forward to next season. I think the young ELKS gained valuable experience, and will be more competitive with the top GWOC teams.
Old 12-03-18, 12:49 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
You might want to re-do that list.
Old 12-03-18, 12:53 PM
All American

Thumbs down

Quote:

^^^^
This is not accurate
Old 12-03-18, 01:12 PM
All American

Thumbs down

Quote:

^^^^
This is not accurate particularly the Springfield part,
Old 12-03-18, 01:23 PM
All District

Deep is on a distinguished road
Wayne will definitely win the east. Beavercreek is already down. Fairmont will be down this upcoming year. Centerville is down and still will be next year.
Old 12-03-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Wayne will definitely win the east. Beavercreek is already down. Fairmont will be down this upcoming year. Centerville is down and still will be next year.
Definetly?
Old 12-03-18, 03:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
^^^^
This is not accurate
What is not accurate? I pulled all of the information off the GWOC site.
Old 12-03-18, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
I would agree if the Elks played Springfield and Wayne early, but play them mid-season so I think they can compete with both. Cats and Warriors should have a good running game coming into the year as long as the returning OLs are solid. I think the Elks will be better than people think and surprise some teams. I am guessing 7-3 if we get off to good start vs. Fairfield and Lakota West.
Old 12-03-18, 09:25 PM
Freshman

Trench Bully is on a distinguished road
I think Wayne will rise to the occasion and capture the east in 2019. Fancher is very talented and seems to already have the role of QB1. Cville will be pretty good next year but I do not think Harrison is all that. A lot of bark no bite. Overrated to be fair. Springfield will be challenging wayne for the top spot.
Old 12-04-18, 08:33 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench Bully View Post
I think Wayne will rise to the occasion and capture the east in 2019. Fancher is very talented and seems to already have the role of QB1. Cville will be pretty good next year but I do not think Harrison is all that. A lot of bark no bite. Overrated to be fair. Springfield will be challenging wayne for the top spot.
If the new QBs at Wayne and Springfield are effective, I can see that. I think both teams lost quite a bit on defense, especially the Cats. I thought Harrison was very good from the Wayne game on so it will be interesting to see how his 2nd year goes.

Last edited by ELK Strong; 12-04-18 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-04-18, 10:07 AM
All American

Quote:
What is not accurate? I pulled all of the information off the GWOC site.
Everything on the website is not always correct. Do more research than the website. You're just excited about the potential of Centerville.
Old 12-04-18, 10:12 AM
All District

THE FLOCK is an unknown quantity at this point
East:
1a. Fenwick
1b. Wayne
2. Fairmont
3. Beavercreek
4. Centerville
5. Springfield
Old 12-04-18, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLOCK View Post
East:
1a. Fenwick
1b. Wayne
2. Fairmont
3. Beavercreek
4. Centerville
5. Springfield
It wasn't funny the first time and it is still not funny.