Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-08-19, 06:36 PM
All World

WarriorOne is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Colerain Vs Huber Heights Wayne

The Huber Heights Wayne's feature matchup in the "Backyard Blitz" will pit the Wayne Warriors versus the Cincinnati Colerain Cardinals at Heidkamp Stadium .

Other matches have not been announced yet.

Last edited by WarriorOne; 01-09-19 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-19, 08:25 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Can’t wait!
Old 01-08-19, 10:05 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Can’t wait!
Go Warriors!!!
Old 01-09-19, 08:09 AM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOne View Post
The Huber Heights Wayne's feature matchup in the "Backyard Blitz" will pit the Wayne Warriors versus the Cincinnati Colerain Cardinals at Hiedkamp Stadium .

Other matches have not been announced yet.
What a fun way to start the year. Go Wayne!
Old 01-09-19, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Further info, this is a one year contract, in case that wasn't clear.

-CF
Old 01-09-19, 02:13 PM
All World

That is truly a formidable campaign the Warriors have ahead of them this season. I am really anxious about the unannounced week two opponent. Hopefully, it will be another home game. If so, that will be another six home game season. To bad they couldn't schedule like this when I could attend the games.

Last edited by WarriorOne; 01-10-19 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-09-19, 03:34 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Enter your guesses now: how many pages will this thread reach by week one?
Old 01-09-19, 05:06 PM
All American

ColerainInsider is on a distinguished road
Wondering who the favorite will be in this game. Cards lose a ton of talent and have a new head coach. Only time will tell.
Old 01-09-19, 07:33 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Go Warriors!!!
michigan still sucks.
Old 01-09-19, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
michigan still sucks.

Same amount of championships in football in the last 50 years as Colerain.

Does that mean Colerain sucks too?
Old 01-10-19, 08:37 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
Same amount of championships in football in the last 50 years as Colerain.

Does that mean Colerain sucks too?
1/2 of a title v. a full title.

last time scUM won a conference title you probably didnt have hair on your balls.
assuming you’re not a eunuch which given the diarrhea that flows from your keyboard makes that a distinct possibility.

obviously, Colerain does not suck. if they did, you’d actually post postive things about whatever school you actaully do root for instead of embedding your cancer in Colerain threads.
good luck with next season’s ‘revenge tour’
Old 01-10-19, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColerainInsider View Post
Wondering who the favorite will be in this game. Cards lose a ton of talent and have a new head coach. Only time will tell.
I would favor Wayne with Colerain's losses including HC. Wayne doesn't schedule this game unless they think they can win.
Old 01-10-19, 09:26 AM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
Colerain will not miss a beat with a new coach. He has been in the program for over a decade. Heck, Colerain lost Kerry Freakin Coombs and did not lose a beat.

I expect Colerain to come out and make a statement in this game. I know absolutely nothing about the roster or who comes back etc... just my gut feeling.
Old 01-10-19, 12:25 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
This would be a fun annual game. I hope they expand it to more than just one year. Maybe every other year since Colerain has some fun games with the GCL-S each year.
Old 01-10-19, 02:16 PM
All World

I disagree most vehemently. The top beneficiary of this matchup is the GCL South.

Yes, the matchup is intriguing and would most likely be very competitive and entertaining; but let it wait until the tournament.

The winner of this contest obviously would not need to defeat this opponent to qualify for the playoff tournament. However, the loser may not otherwise qualify because of this loss.

Therefore either way, the GCL wins this one without even competing.

Last edited by WarriorOne; 01-10-19 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-10-19, 03:04 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That is truly a formidable campaign the Warriors have ahead of them, this season. I am really anxious about the unannounced wee two opponent. Hopefully, it will be another home game. If so, that will be another six home game season. To bad they couldn't schedule lie this when I could attend the games.
COF Academy?
Old 01-10-19, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
1/2 of a title v. a full title.

last time scUM won a conference title you probably didnt have hair on your balls.
assuming you’re not a eunuch which given the diarrhea that flows from your keyboard makes that a distinct possibility.

obviously, Colerain does not suck. if they did, you’d actually post postive things about whatever school you actaully do root for instead of embedding your cancer in Colerain threads.
good luck with next season’s ‘revenge tour’

Nope 1 each.

I do post positive things about Lasalle, but like Colerain fan's used to say 2nd place is 1st loser.

Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

A lot of Colerain fans on here are blowhards, and disappear after the annual playoff loss.

I guess most of the cockroaches will once again disappear from Yappi until next football season, because that is the only sport at Colerain High School that ever get any support.
Old 01-10-19, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I would favor Wayne with Colerain's losses including HC. Wayne doesn't schedule this game unless they think they can win.
Wayne DID NOT schedule this game, it is part of the Backyard Blitz. Basically the Flying to the hoop equivalent for football.
Old 01-10-19, 08:25 PM
All Region

techhawk101
Hey WarriorOne,

I hope that you do realize that the GCL schools regularly schedule teams like Colerain, St Ignatius and St Eds (2018 state champs). I would think you would be happy that your team is upgrading their schedule to hopefully move farther in the upcoming 2019 playoffs.
Old 01-10-19, 08:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by techhawk101 View Post
Hey WarriorOne,

I hope that you do realize that the GCL schools regularly schedule teams like Colerain, St Ignatius and St Eds (2018 state champs). I would think you would be happy that your team is upgrading their schedule to hopefully move farther in the upcoming 2019 playoffs.

Kudos to the GCL South for their scheduling strategy. This Wayne Vs Colerain actually optimizes that plan. It guarantees one of these teams a loss without a risk to the parochial schools.
Old 01-10-19, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wayne DID NOT schedule this game, it is part of the Backyard Blitz. Basically the Flying to the hoop equivalent for football.
are there any other match ups listed for the Backyard Blitz?
Old 01-11-19, 08:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
are there any other match ups listed for the Backyard Blitz?
not officially but I heard Trotwood vs Pick North.
Old 01-11-19, 09:32 AM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
Pick North’s schedule has them opening with Olentangy Liberty and playing Northmont in week 2.
Old 01-11-19, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Pick North’s schedule has them opening with Olentangy Liberty and playing Northmont in week 2.
Where in week 2 are they playing? This event will take place over the first two weeks of the season with all games being played at Wayne.....
Old 01-11-19, 05:03 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Northmont could be involved. Schedule change this week has Lima Senior playing Lima Central Catholic, instead of Northmont, now.
Old 01-11-19, 05:05 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Where in week 2 are they playing? .....
@ Pickerington North (2020 is @ Northmont)
Old 01-12-19, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
@ Pickerington North (2020 is @ Northmont)
Thanks, so the Pick-N/Trotwood is not happening...... but I am sure Trotwood will be playing in it against somebody....
Old 01-12-19, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Kudos to the GCL South for their scheduling strategy. This Wayne Vs Colerain actually optimizes that plan. It guarantees one of these teams a loss without a risk to the parochial schools.
This is just silly. Colerain regardless of this outcome will surely make the playoffs as they will run the table in the GMC as usual. It does not take much any more to qualify for the playoffs in region 4.

Wayne is still in region 3 so the GCL schools could care less about Wayne at this time and as for Wayne all they have to do is just win the GWOC games and they will be in.

Back in the day when Wayne was in R4 and there were more teams in each region then you would be more correct as there would be a chance of going 9-1 and not qualifying....
Old 01-12-19, 03:28 PM
All World

I did not suggest that this contest will cause the loser to not qualify for the playoff tournament. However, it will put another number in their loss column. Teams with too many losses will not qualify for the tournament.

Of the 16 playoff spots available in Regions III & IV these teams usually occupy two of them leaving seven for the GCL-South in Region IV.

Should either of these teams not qualify because of one too many losses therefore not accumulating enough Harbins then this increases the chance a GCL teams will not meet one of them either in the Region IV quarterfinals or the State Semifinals.

This response is not meant to be patronizing. I am most certain youu know these things but perhaps did not consider them. Moreover, I am most certain you now that I am aware of everything you posted. My original posting was not that of a bias, overzealous fanatic. It is pure and simple mathematics. If you do not agree with my post I respect that, however please give me something factual I did not consider.
Old 01-12-19, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I did not suggest that this contest will cause the loser to not qualify for the playoff tournament. However, it will put another number in their loss column. Teams with too many losses will not qualify for the tournament.

Of the 16 playoff spots available in Regions III & IV these teams usually occupy two of them leaving seven for the GCL-South in Region IV.

Should either of these teams not qualify because of one too many losses therefore not accumulating enough Harbins then this increases the chance a GCL teams will not meet one of them either in the Region IV quarterfinals or the State Semifinals.

This response is not meant to be patronizing. I am most certain youu know these things but perhaps did not consider them. Moreover, I am most certain you now that I am aware of everything you posted. My original posting was not that of a bias, overzealous fanatic. It is pure and simple mathematics. If you do not agree with my post I respect that, however please give me something factual I did not consider.
Agree.... First the obvious. Of course if one or both of these teams do not make the playoffs it will increase the chances of the other teams in R3 and R4 for making the playoffs.... that is simple math.

Disagree.... "Teams with too many losses will not qualify for the tournament." What you stated in the quotes would seem to be correct but actually that is not how the Harbins works. Of course a loss to who ever will always bring zero harbins but we have had teams with below .500 records make the playoffs and they do that by scheduling opponents that win the majority of their games. This is the benefit of the GCL south by only playing 3 league games it gives them more room to manipulate a schedule. That is why we see a St.X team qualify with a 5-5 record. In some rare years this does back fire but in most cases it will benefit them. This is why we see some teams make it with a 5-5 record while other miss out with 7-3 and even 8-2 records.... It is who you beat which is important.

Disagree... "The winner of this contest obviously would not need to defeat this opponent to qualify for the playoff tournament. However, the loser may not otherwise qualify because of this loss." I also disagree with what you stated in the quotes.... if the loser of the Wayne/Colerain game does not qualify for the playoffs there are other reasons for it other than this game. I think it is safe to speculate that if Wayne or Colerain goes 8-2 they both make the playoffs, I would even say at 7-3 they are in so the loser has all the opportunity in the world to qualify despite losing in week 1. A few years back actually more than that as time has been flying Wayne started 0-2 and still made it to the state title game.

I am under the opinion you do not like this match up and it should only be played if these teams run into each other in the playoffs. If that is the case I disagree. This is a risk worth taking in my opinion. Wayne loses, OK, it sets them behind a bit but how many years has Wayne lost their opening game and still got in and even hosted a playoff game. They took a beating 2 years ago to Pine Richland in week 1 but still hosted.... now, if they come away with a win we all know Colerain will likely win 8 games that is a ton of Harbins.... well worth it.

"Moreover, I am most certain you now that I am aware of everything you posted." I have no idea what you mean by this (what I quoted) unless you are bringing up something I debated many many years ago back when Wayne was in R4 before the expansion to 7 divisions. I stated that Wayne should never schedule a GCL south team in the regular season as the risk was not worth the reward. Back in those days it was tough to make the playoffs in R4 because you had the 4 GCL schools (LaSalle was D1 back then) plus Colerain taking up spots. The GCL-south teams play tough schedules and if you beat them you just might not get many Harbin points for it. As an example look at the last two times Wayne defeated Moeller in the regular season.... They did not get many L2's from them.... plus beating a GCL south team twice in one season would be even more difficult.

I have no problem with the Wayne/Colerain game and is looking forward for it. Wayne has them at home which is a very tough place for visiting teams to get out with a "w".