Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-07-19, 07:47 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
heard Fort Loramies old coach now at TROY has put his name in the hat for the job
Old 01-07-19, 07:50 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
heard Fort Loramies old coach now at TROY has put his name in the hat for the job
Heard the same.
Old 01-08-19, 07:35 AM
Freshman

Psychedelic Tiger is on a distinguished road
School Board meeting last night? Haven't seen any news on social media. Assuming they didn't name a coach yet. I heard last week they were on their second round of interviews. How many rounds does it usually take? I wouldn't imagine more than 3 but I have no idea.

Also heard the same about Burghbacher and a coach from Columbus with ties to the area putting their name in. No idea on the name though.
Old 01-08-19, 07:52 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Why would Burghbacher want to leave Troy for Versailles? Is he doing a little bit of title hunting?
Old 01-08-19, 08:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigK72 View Post
Why would Burghbacher want to leave Troy for Versailles? Is he doing a little bit of title hunting?
explain title hunting?
Old 01-08-19, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I assume he means he'd think there's a better chance of winning state championships at Versailles than at Troy...that's the only perspective from which making such a move would make sense.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-19, 10:19 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic Tiger View Post
School Board meeting last night? Haven't seen any news on social media. Assuming they didn't name a coach yet. I heard last week they were on their second round of interviews. How many rounds does it usually take? I wouldn't imagine more than 3 but I have no idea.

Also heard the same about Burghbacher and a coach from Columbus with ties to the area putting their name in. No idea on the name though.
That would be Bob Gecawhich from Dublin Jerome. IMO would be a great hire. Former assistant at Marion Local.
Old 01-08-19, 10:35 AM
All District

BigK72 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I assume he means he'd think there's a better chance of winning state championships at Versailles than at Troy...that's the only perspective from which making such a move would make sense.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I mean. Unless he'd be getting an admin position, I'd have to guess that a move like this would be a pay cut. Also, if he was going to leave right now, I'd think he'd have some desire to return to Tipp. This isn't about Burbacher though, it's about Versailles. I'll stop derailing the thread.
Old 01-08-19, 11:16 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
That would be Bob Gecawhich from Dublin Jerome. IMO would be a great hire. Former assistant at Marion Local.
do you know any info on him?
Old 01-09-19, 07:04 AM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
What offense and Defense did he run at Northmont?
Lance Schneider runs a Power Spread RPO offense. Every play can be a run or a pass based on reads of various defenders. He uses multiple personnel groups, and tempos to get the advantage on the opponent.

His run game uses gap schemes (power, power read, counter, and buck sweep) and inside and outside zone schemes, as well. Numerous formations, shifts,and motions to create misdirection and confusion for the defense. It is similar to the Wing-T, but they are much more capable of throwing the ball.
Old 01-09-19, 12:04 PM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
do you know any info on him?
If Bob Gecewich applied and was serious, you better send a limo and moving trucks up to get him.
Old 01-09-19, 01:13 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Lance Schneider runs a Power Spread RPO offense. Every play can be a run or a pass based on reads of various defenders. He uses multiple personnel groups, and tempos to get the advantage on the opponent.

His run game uses gap schemes (power, power read, counter, and buck sweep) and inside and outside zone schemes, as well. Numerous formations, shifts,and motions to create misdirection and confusion for the defense. It is similar to the Wing-T, but they are much more capable of throwing the ball.
Sounds like that would dominate the simpletons in the MAC.
Old 01-09-19, 05:33 PM
All American

Sounds like all 3 (Matt Burbacher, Bob Gecewich, and Lance Schneider) could be just what Tigerball needs. I like all 3. I am curious why Matt Burbacher would want to leave Troy.
Old 01-09-19, 05:40 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sounds like all 3 (Matt Burbacher, Bob Gecewich, and Lance Schneider) could be just what Tigerball needs. I like all 3. I am curious why Matt Burbacher would want to leave Troy.
Like mentioned in the Tipp job opening thread.. Matt B. did not apply for this job. Whoever put it out there it is false.

Unless the source that I got it from is wrong, which would be HIGHLY unlikely that he is. Considering he is a close personal friend of Matt.
Old 01-09-19, 11:14 PM
All Region

Quote:

This is a good example of what Schneider runs. His offense is a lot like Auburn's and Clemson's.

Old 01-10-19, 03:18 PM
Freshman

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
To support TroyTrojan05 Burgbacher did not apply. He was given the sales pitch and declined. Funny to see the same rumors jumping from thread to thread. Versailles has made their hire it's close to the vest though. Gacewhich is your guy. Not sure why Schneider would really entertain this position...besides the fact that you'd hope to have talent and buy-in and nobody is getting in your way IF you develop a powerhouse program.
Old 01-10-19, 05:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
Not sure why Schneider would really entertain this position...besides the fact that you'd hope to have talent and buy-in and nobody is getting in your way IF you develop a powerhouse program.
I could see Schneider taking the state at Versailles. Have no idea if even applied though.
Old 01-15-19, 05:13 PM
All American

Quote:
I could see Schneider taking the state at Versailles. Have no idea if even applied though.
I'll tell you what, if Lance Schneider really wants a HC gig, Parkway is open. If he can turn Parkway into a contender, he'll have a job for life.
Old 01-16-19, 08:56 AM
Varsity

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll tell you what, if Lance Schneider really wants a HC gig, Parkway is open. If he can turn Parkway into a contender, he'll have a job for life.
I don't think he'll want to work that hard with so little talent.
Old 01-21-19, 05:19 PM
All American

Any Updates?