Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-10-18, 10:00 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
No. Just mentioning those 3 for sure, because they were playoff teams, in their divisions, and know they lost a lot, and don't see a reload for this year anyway. I don't see any one making big playoff runs next year. That is all. Someone might surprise, but just my opinion
As we all know the highschool football landscape can change instantly in what should be a long unpredictable off season. Maybe today there isn't a 2019 area team that looks good for a long run but the same may not be said a month or two from now. Who knows. Never underestimate our areas ability to stack a team or two... or three.
Old 12-10-18, 10:23 PM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
As we all know the highschool football landscape can change instantly in what should be a long unpredictable off season. Maybe today there isn't a 2019 area team that looks good for a long run but the same may not be said a month or two from now. Who knows. Never underestimate our areas ability to stack a team or two... or three.
I was going by just right now. Obviously if a team gets a few key transfers, that could change.Last year D4 had some nice depth in our region as we know with 2 teams getting to the regional final, and one of those going to state. Saying that, all the other teams , in other divisions got beat early, or got beat bad in second, or 3rd round. Look at D1, and D2, how bad our area did. Totally boat raced in the first round. Talking Harding, Fitch, and Boardman
Old 12-10-18, 11:35 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
D1 and D2 will never have any deep runs from our area barring something crazy, esp d1 just because enrollment to some degree isn’t even fair lol
Old 12-10-18, 11:41 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
D1 and D2 will never have any deep runs from our area barring something crazy, esp d1 just because enrollment to some degree isnít even fair lol
No doubt about that. The discrepancy from the top tier teams in D1 and D2 to the rest of the division seems like it grows with each passing year. Hoban is a machine with no sign of slowing down in D2. The usual suspects have controlled D1 for a few decades now.
Old 12-11-18, 01:09 AM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
D1 and D2 will never have any deep runs from our area barring something crazy, esp d1 just because enrollment to some degree isnít even fair lol
Harding made it to the regional finals just 2 years ago. And actually should have made to state, that year in D2.
Old 12-11-18, 03:59 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I donít like that last sentence. What irons do the eagles have in the fire sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-18, 05:26 AM
All Ohio

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Remember when a certain QB who is the curre talk of the town shopped his talents around the season before last? It was well known to everyone, coaches included, that he was looking around with Harding and Hubbard getting the most noise. At the last second he decided to stay put but can you imagine if he would of ended up with the Eagles? I dont think the are any bigtime impact players out there to "stack a team" right now but I do think its ludacris that we have to have this conversation. There are some major offenders of team stacking in this area though!
Old 12-11-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Remember when a certain QB who is the curre talk of the town shopped his talents around the season before last? It was well known to everyone, coaches included, that he was looking around with Harding and Hubbard getting the most noise. At the last second he decided to stay put but can you imagine if he would of ended up with the Eagles? I dont think the are any bigtime impact players out there to "stack a team" right now but I do think its ludacris that we have to have this conversation. There are some major offenders of team stacking in this area though!

Yeah they were pretty hopefully he would leave the Indians. Good thing he didnít. Worked out for the kid. But yikes. Hubbard wins state with him this past season. No doubt

Old 12-11-18, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Yeah they were pretty hopefully he would leave the Indians. Good thing he didnít. Worked out for the kid. But yikes. Hubbard wins state with him this past season. No doubt

No doubt is right.
Old 12-12-18, 10:03 AM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There are some major offenders of team stacking in this area though!
Takes one to know one, right? You guys should be improved next yr with the Newton Falls RB back who will probably be a front runner for Trumbull County POY. The young Niles LB really came on strong this yr and led the D down the stretch & made plays on offense. The Poland QB should be better with a year under his belt. You just have to find someone to replace the Southington FB. The kid was a horse!
Old 12-12-18, 11:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
Takes one to know one, right? You guys should be improved next yr with the Newton Falls RB back who will probably be a front runner for Trumbull County POY. The young Niles LB really came on strong this yr and led the D down the stretch & made plays on offense. The Poland QB should be better with a year under his belt. You just have to find someone to replace the Southington FB. The kid was a horse!

They got a Qb from Poland? Odd.

Old 12-12-18, 07:16 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Since there’s a lot of Girard talk here, Vindy is reporting Waid has decided to go to YSU
Old 12-12-18, 08:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Since thereís a lot of Girard talk here, Vindy is reporting Waid has decided to go to YSU

Yup. Guess that nonsense that one guy kept spewing was wrong

Old 12-12-18, 10:55 PM
All World

Qb play at Poland has been horrible the last 2 years if he was any good he woulda stayed lol
Old 12-13-18, 12:57 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
You forgot about the WR/RB/DB from Girard who is the fastest on the team and might end being the best of the bunch when it is all said and done. Kennedy is the only Catholic school in Trumbull county, all 620 or so sq miles of it. There are kids from all over that go there, thats usually how the Catholics operate, they have to. Many of the 75 boys in the school came up through the tiny feeder school. None of them were kicked out of their former school, that I can assure you.
Old 12-13-18, 12:26 PM
All District

Quote:
You forgot about the WR/RB/DB from Girard who is the fastest on the team and might end being the best of the bunch when it is all said and done. Kennedy is the only Catholic school in Trumbull county, all 620 or so sq miles of it. There are kids from all over that go there, thats usually how the Catholics operate, they have to. Many of the 75 boys in the school came up through the tiny feeder school. None of them were kicked out of their former school, that I can assure you.
Many of them have grown up through the feeder school and many, as some of the ones listed, havent. Then guys like QB Bobby Jefferson move into an apartment in Warren from Youngstown East to play right away as a Sr. and not sit games and move when the school year is over? You know there are others. Just look at the basketball team a couple years ago that had kids from Ursuline & Fitch. Kids come from all over. No sense in listing them. As I said, takes one to know one. No hate. Just facts. It's how it is in this day and age. Do what you do and try to do it better than others. Just don't try to call out others on it when you do the same.
Old 12-15-18, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What does all of this have to do with The Eagles of Hubbard High?
Old 12-15-18, 05:11 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 12-15-18, 10:09 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCapper View Post
I'm just responding to the team stacking comments from previous posts. I forgot that every single post on here has to and will be about Hubbard and can't be just general conversation. My fault. Oops. There's another one...
Old 01-08-19, 07:38 PM
All American

Former Hubbard All-Star lineman Matt Jones looking to transfer from WVU ….

http://www.wfmj.com/story/39754469/r...-west-virginia
Old 01-09-19, 10:35 AM
All World

Strange considering he's started almost every game at center there for two years now.
Old 01-09-19, 12:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Strange considering he's started almost every game at center there for two years now.
You have a PM.
Old 01-09-19, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

gotti544 is on a distinguished road
YSU forum has Jones supposedly transferring home to be closer to his bride to be
Old 01-09-19, 01:29 PM
All District

HE74 is on a distinguished road
Any chance his brothers will play at YSU?
Old 01-09-19, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Not that strange. Read the WVU forums about him. They seem elated.

Old 01-10-19, 05:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Not that strange. Read the WVU forums about him. They seem elated.

Eh nah that isn't it. Matt has improved every season at WVU anchoring one of the nation's best offenses. Fans unfortunately will dog players/coaches when they look to leave their program. Look at UM fans talking about Mattison to OSU. Georgia fans dogging Justin Fields like he isn't that good. The same fans talk these players/coaches up when they're on their side. Ton of fans petitioning for Jones to transfer to their school on Brett Mcmurphy's tweet about him leaving WV. Besides Jones has a decent chance to play in the league in a year or two. I got some clarification on why he's looking for a change of scenery. I wish him nothing but the best.
Old 01-12-19, 12:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Eh nah that isn't it. Matt has improved every season at WVU anchoring one of the nation's best offenses.
We all know why he's going to YSU, read the articles...

He'll have his degree from WVU this spring and still have one more year left of eligibility. He's enrolling into grad school this coming fall at YSU.
Old 01-13-19, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
Here's what I found so far.

HUBBARD
1 A Alliance
2 H Warren Howland
3 H East Cleveland Shaw
4 A Struthers
5 H Jefferson Area
6 A Cortland Lakeview
7 H Girard
8 A Niles McKinley
9 H Poland Seminary
Out of all the games, this is the one I want the very worst, Waid-less Girard at "Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium".
Old 01-13-19, 10:47 PM
All World

That’s gonna be a bye week for everyone this year, I bet niles is already foaming at the mouth for that one too haha. Is week 10 south range I’m guessing?
Old 01-14-19, 10:27 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
That’s gonna be a bye week for everyone this year, I bet niles is already foaming at the mouth for that one too haha. Is week 10 south range I’m guessing?
Bye week against Waid-less Girard, that's funny.....

According to the schedule thread you are correct:

Hubbard @ South Range week #10.