Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-23-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
A different take from one of LOTRs favorite publication.

Yes, a Reasonable Prosecutor Would Have Ordered an Investigation of the Trump Campaign
By David French

May 22, 2018 4:54 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...al-conclusion/
A very professional rational non-conspiratorial non-accusatorial article. Good read thanks.
Old 05-23-18, 09:42 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
incorrect, facts are things you never bring to the table.
Whatever you say little fella.
Old 05-23-18, 09:46 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The actor or the Republican mouthpiece? If the later I would say worse. A wildly partisan and conspiratorial Republican "commentator" who poses as a journalist. We know what Olbermann is. Mostly an entertainer. Ala Hannity.
I'm guessing he knows a thing or 2 about federal prosecutions, no? Where as Olbermann.......
Old 05-23-18, 08:14 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
I saw that kushner got his full security clearance today.
Old 05-23-18, 08:22 PM
All American

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I saw that kushner got his full security clearance today.
He's still guilty of something.

Trust me.
Old 05-23-18, 08:29 PM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
So Nunes and Gowdy get a private meeting to see what Rosenstein/DOJ has on Trump. #collusion.
Old 05-23-18, 08:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post

Trust me.
Did he flip?
Old 05-23-18, 08:44 PM
All American

So the gang of 8 (not just scooby doo and captn benghazi) get the briefing from DOJ...wait a minute the point was to make it partisan and give the GOP the details. I am assuming that Trump needs to fire Rosenstein/Mueller and any one else that snoops into anything.
Old 05-23-18, 08:48 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post

Trust me.
Lol. I am sure happy will post something to that effect. And then harry will make a long, rambling, incoherent post about I am not sure what.
Old 05-23-18, 09:03 PM
All American

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did he flip?
Yes.

Run with that.
Old 05-24-18, 07:25 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Just curious, if the 1st sentence of a FULL PAGE post begins "here is a recent article by Keith Olbermann showing...." How far do you read?

Andrew McCarthy, lol. I will admit Weekend at Bernie's is a classic.
I wouldn't read beyond the title because Keith Olbermann is a demonstrated super partisan who hates all things conservative & republican. I also don't read past the title because Keith Olbermann has NEVER demonstrated any competence in commenting on matters of this nature.

McCarthy on the other hand is a well regarded legal mind who has written extensively on this topic and others of a similar venue. McCarthy's resume put's Olbermann's to shame with respect to this subject. And while McCarthy is of the "right" he is known as a straight shooter who at the start of the Mueller investigation was sympathetic to Mueller and NOT Trump.
Old 05-24-18, 07:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So Nunes and Gowdy get a private meeting to see what Rosenstein/DOJ has on Trump. #collusion.
No, it's a fine example of our constitutional government at work. Nunes & Gowdy are the heads of the House committee charged with investigating this sort of thing and they have been leading a review of this issue over the last year. To be meeting with the DOJ on this matter is perfectly appropriate.

Importantly this meeting is TRANSPARENT in that we all know it happened. Compare that to the "secret" meeting between an ex-POTUS (Bill Clinton) and the current AG (Lynch) on an airport tarmac to discuss off the record a DOJ investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails. Now that's collusion Happy!
Old 05-24-18, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

David Harsanyi points out some important stuff on the key issues surrounding the Obama spying on Trump:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/23/...-defies-logic/

It doesn’t matter what you think about Donald Trump — revelations that a major party’s administration was spying on another one deserve a seriousness that’s lacking in major media coverage. A recent piece by CNN’s Chris Cillizza encapsulates many of the absurd talking points adopted by an extraordinarily incurious media. And when I say incurious, I mean they’ve taken to actively dismissing evidence regarding a story that would be a huge deal in any other era.

Good point but doesn't Harsanyi know that there is NO media bias - the media tells us that all the time!

Many journalists take umbrage at the contention that there was spying going on, because “spying” sounds far too serious for their liking. But it’s the right word. A spy is a “person who secretly collects and reports information on the activities, movements, and plans of an enemy or competitor.”

Yep, that seems about right to me. And for the record Harsanyi believes the Mueller investigation should be allowed to proceed to the bitter end.

Finally, here is a taste of "what goes around comes around" and how this action by the Obama administration may haunt American politics for decades:

There’s no doubt, for instance, that the Iranians were rooting for Hillary. If the next Democratic Party nominee employs a number of Iran-deal proponents (for a sanctioned terror state that’s as much the enemy of the United States as Russia is), would the Trump administration be justified in tasking intelligence agencies to look into their actions? Would the informants passing information to the administration be considered “spies” by political journalists? I imagine they would be. And I imagine we wouldn’t be talking about much else.
Old 05-24-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
No, it's a fine example of our constitutional government at work. Nunes & Gowdy are the heads of the House committee charged with investigating this sort of thing and they have been leading a review of this issue over the last year. To be meeting with the DOJ on this matter is perfectly appropriate.

Importantly this meeting is TRANSPARENT in that we all know it happened. Compare that to the "secret" meeting between an ex-POTUS (Bill Clinton) and the current AG (Lynch) on an airport tarmac to discuss off the record a DOJ investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails. Now that's collusion Happy!
Transparency would include Democratic counterparts in the same meeting. This is yet another effort to set the narrative and politicize the issue in advance. Just like authorizing the Nunes memo release but not the Dem release till weeks later.

Your 2nd point is mere allegation. You have no idea what was discussed, it may have been where dead bodies were buried, lol. I agree it should not have happened just based on appearances, shame on Pres. Clinton, and Lynch was right to recuse herself thereafter. Unlike the Trump tower meeting where we have evidence of what was discussed, evidence of a coverup, and involves foreign agents. If the former amounts to collusion then the later is DEFINITELY collusion. As would be Trump's private meetings with Comey!!! Or did you forget about those? Epic fail - try again.
Old 05-24-18, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

OMG the fing federalist now. That piece is so full of inaccuracies not worth responding to.

Basically let's just summarize:
Trump Republican appointee Coats, DNI: "No Deep State in IC."
Trump Republican appointee Wray: "No Deep State in FBI."
Trump Republican appointees Rothenstein and Sessions: "No Deep State in DOJ."
Trump Republican appointee Mike Pompeo, just yesterday: "No Deep State in my CIA or State Dept."
LIAR IN CHIEF: Deep State Deep State Deep State!!!
Lotr10: I believe!!!
Old 05-24-18, 04:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Transparency would include Democratic counterparts in the same meeting. This is yet another effort to set the narrative and politicize the issue in advance. Just like authorizing the Nunes memo release but not the Dem release till weeks later.

Your 2nd point is mere allegation. You have no idea what was discussed, it may have been where dead bodies were buried, lol. I agree it should not have happened just based on appearances, shame on Pres. Clinton, and Lynch was right to recuse herself thereafter. Unlike the Trump tower meeting where we have evidence of what was discussed, evidence of a coverup, and involves foreign agents. If the former amounts to collusion then the later is DEFINITELY collusion. As would be Trump's private meetings with Comey!!! Or did you forget about those? Epic fail - try again.
Why would they include democrats who would then selectively leak the contents of the meeting to try to blunt any damage to the Obama administration? Unlike the principled Republicans who joined the democrats to push Nixon out the current Democrat leadership has shown that it will do anything to hurt Trump & protect Obama's legacy.

As for what happened on that tarmac when Bill Clinton met AG Lynch you're right we don't have a transcript. And since NONE of their aids were permitted to attend the meeting there never was going to be a leak of the conversation. But to suggest that this was not a meeting to discuss the pending actions of the DOJ with respect to Hillary's emails is foolish. At some point TP you just have to admit that this was not a good look for Lynch or Clinton.
Old 05-24-18, 04:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
OMG the fing federalist now. That piece is so full of inaccuracies not worth responding to.

Basically let's just summarize:
Trump Republican appointee Coats, DNI: "No Deep State in IC."
Trump Republican appointee Wray: "No Deep State in FBI."
Trump Republican appointees Rothenstein and Sessions: "No Deep State in DOJ."
Trump Republican appointee Mike Pompeo, just yesterday: "No Deep State in my CIA or State Dept."
LIAR IN CHIEF: Deep State Deep State Deep State!!!
Lotr10: I believe!!!
At what point will you realize that the "Deep State" is made up of both democrats & republicans? When will you also understand that there are almost as many Republican apparatchiks who hate Trump as much as Nancy Pelosi does?

As far as quoting other agency heads out of context, well at some point that grows old to.
Old 05-24-18, 04:58 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Grows old that Trump lies just about anytime he opens his mouth as well but it doesn't make it less true just because it IS OLD AND TIRED?

Trump tweets that " Everyone is talking about and slamming the FBI DOJ and everyone else who he claims that are persecuting him , he never names any names or gives any examples but of course I am sure that you believe that is the case. You know the rank and file is up fro sainthood and the big bad upper crust are all lying filthy deep staters?

So I suppose you think it is mere coincidence that so many Trump operatives lied in unison about even talking with any Russians or any other foreign nationals at any time ? If Obama had these guys on his staff and cabinet who are under indictment and varying types of trouble you would shrug it off or not mention it?

I means you guys WENT CRAZY OVER LYING ABOUT A BL@WJ@B , but have no problem with so many Trump operatives being shady on a " GOOD" day , and some who will do time ? Nothing to see no there, there, but you wanted a Pres impeached over lying about an embarrassing BJ that some infatuated plumper gave him ?
Old 05-24-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Harry canít even bring himself to type out the word blowjob.

Wondering if heís even kissed a woman before.
Old 05-24-18, 05:35 PM
All American

Ever kissed a woman? Really ? OK you got me , I live alone in a one room short stay hotel with goiters coming out on both sides of my neck and collect a small disability check each month that I spend on thunderbird wine some smokes and I look for 2 for one coupons from newspapers in the trash .

Who would kiss me ? Damn you are perceptive
Old 05-24-18, 05:51 PM
All American

Well, I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said "Dear boy, I'm gonna make you a man"
Old 05-24-18, 11:54 PM
All Ohio

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
As for what happened on that tarmac when Bill Clinton met AG Lynch you're right we don't have a transcript. And since NONE of their aids were permitted to attend the meeting there never was going to be a leak of the conversation. But to suggest that this was not a meeting to discuss the pending actions of the DOJ with respect to Hillary's emails is foolish. At some point TP you just have to admit that this was not a good look for Lynch or Clinton.
As for what happened in Trump Tower when Junior met with some Russian you're right we don't have a transcript. Ans since NOBODY important was permitted to attend the meeting there never was going to be a leak of the conversation. But to suggest this was not a meeting to discuss how Russia could help Trump in the upcoming election is foolish. At some point LOTR you just have to admit that this was not a good look for Junior or anybody in the Trump camp.
Old 05-25-18, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Any findings on collusion yet? Any indictments? Any findings on obstruction yet? Any indictments? Still waiting.
Old 05-25-18, 07:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
As for what happened in Trump Tower when Junior met with some Russian you're right we don't have a transcript. Ans since NOBODY important was permitted to attend the meeting there never was going to be a leak of the conversation. But to suggest this was not a meeting to discuss how Russia could help Trump in the upcoming election is foolish. At some point LOTR you just have to admit that this was not a good look for Junior or anybody in the Trump camp.
So you are seriously comparing these two situations?

* Don Jr, working on his dad's presidential campaign, a campaign that all the smartest people in the world said had a 99% chance of LOSING meets with a low level Russian in Trump Tower trying to work some adoption issue...

* Former President Bill Clinton meets with the existing Attorney General just days before the FBI & DOJ are to announce their findings of an investigation into then presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's improper use of a private email system to handle CLASSIFIED government documents.

So I bet Domi that you would argue that America's invasion of Grenada was the same as our invasion of France during WW2?
Old 05-25-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Any findings on collusion yet? Any indictments? Any findings on obstruction yet? Any indictments? Still waiting.
Nothing on Trump yet but there is a rapidly growing body of evidence that the Obama administration used America's intelligence and law enforcement infrastructure to spy on their political opposition.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: