Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-24-17, 01:56 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I am using restraint!!!
Lol..well done
Old 10-24-17, 05:11 PM
Junior Varsity

ksu315 is on a distinguished road
Ok I'll stay off criticizing family. My bad. But let me be clear I think the kid is very talented. Hope he stays at stvm. He's college level player if developed properly Played very well first half vs Hoban but hoban adjusted or stvm didn't and 2nd half was rough.

Have never recruited for hoban. Actually think all 4 catholic schools are good and so is stow and many publics. Kids should pick where they feel right academically and athletically.
Old 10-24-17, 06:28 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu315 View Post
Ok I'll stay off criticizing family. My bad. But let me be clear I think the kid is very talented. Hope he stays at stvm. He's college level player if developed properly Played very well first half vs Hoban but hoban adjusted or stvm didn't and 2nd half was rough.

Have never recruited for hoban. Actually think all 4 catholic schools are good and so is stow and many publics. Kids should pick where they feel right academically and athletically.
CVCA isn’t Catholic...

Thank you for backing up my statement you are a nimrod.
Old 10-24-17, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
CVCA isnít Catholic...

Thank you for backing up my statement you are a nimrod.
SVSM+Hoban+Walsh+Our Lady of the Elms= Four (4)
Old 10-24-17, 07:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Hmmm..you might of bailed him out on that one. Iím pretty sure he was referring to CVCA as a catholic school.

Thatís ok, I want to hear his comment about me being under investigation for soliciting a minor
Old 10-24-17, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hmmm..you might of bailed him out on that one. Iím pretty sure he was referring to CVCA as a catholic school.

Thatís ok, I want to hear his comment about me being under investigation for soliciting a minor
Make sure to bring that up another 2 or 3 times to plant the seed. I'm on here as much as anyone (regretfully right now), and I'd never seen that allegation.
Old 10-24-17, 08:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Make sure to bring that up another 2 or 3 times to plant the seed. I'm on here as much as anyone (regretfully right now), and I'd never seen that allegation.
That’s because it was deleted fast.

I’d be out of my job so fast if that was true or if I was under investigation.
Old 10-24-17, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thatís because it was deleted fast.
St. Vincent- St. Mary Football 2017 is the topic.

If you guys would like me to start a topic about Yappi poster relationship dysfunction and crazy allegations so you can go off and have at it, let me know.
Old 10-24-17, 09:43 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
St. Vincent- St. Mary Football 2017 is the topic.

If you guys would like me to start a topic about Yappi poster relationship dysfunction and crazy allegations so you can go off and have at it, let me know.
You know, since this is a STVM thread, for a refreshing change, I would like to hear DB and Cougar discuss the relative pluses and minuses of the state of Hoban football. They have been silent on the topic for far too long!
Old 10-25-17, 05:44 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
You know, since this is a STVM thread, for a refreshing change, I would like to hear DB and Cougar discuss the relative pluses and minuses of the state of Hoban football. They have been silent on the topic for far too long!
I continue to use restraint. I congratulate St V on a huge win that will go a long way towards a potential regional final and championship. The QB position will work itself out. I wish the best for the QB as I know him personally and he is a very good kid who wants to win. All parents are over the top for the most part when it comes to their kids including me. St V rolls Ursuline by 20.
Old 10-25-17, 09:12 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
Perhaps the family who moved their son from St. V to Hoban to play basketball feel that it is "the best fit & opportunity for their son", yet you can't contain your criticisms.
And the Hoban crowd remained so supportive of the young man who transferred to St. V to play football!!! Look, in my estimation, in 99% of these transfer cases the families WANT to do what is best for the school, but they HAVE to do what they deem best for their child. And I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Whether you want your child to go somewhere where he may play a little more because HS will likely be the end of his organized athletic career; or whether you want your child to go somewhere where he can get more exposure to help him play at the next level (whether D1, D2 or D3), I feel I am in no position to make a value judgment over what a family decides to do. We should all tap the brakes on these issues and, especially, leave the commentary on the kids alone.
Old 10-27-17, 09:35 AM
All Region

PRICELESS is on a distinguished road
Priceless takes

So St. V went to the back up QB and he came in and beat Massillon. Hmm I think I have been saying they need to make a change. Hopefully they will stick with the new QB. Word on the street is the old QB told the coaches he is moving on and not back to his home town team.

UR:banana :
Old 10-27-17, 10:51 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRICELESS View Post
So St. V went to the back up QB and he came in and beat Massillon. Hmm I think I have been saying they need to make a change. Hopefully they will stick with the new QB. Word on the street is the old QB told the coaches he is moving on and not back to his home town team.

UR:banana :
Moving on where?
Old 10-27-17, 10:57 AM
All World

Quote:
And the Hoban crowd remained so supportive of the young man who transferred to St. V to play football!!! Look, in my estimation,in 99% of these transfer cases the families WANT to do what is best for the school, but they HAVE to do what they deem best for their child. And I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Whether you want your child to go somewhere where he may play a little more because HS will likely be the end of his organized athletic career; or whether you want your child to go somewhere where he can get more exposure to help him play at the next level (whether D1, D2 or D3), I feel I am in no position to make a value judgment over what a family decides to do. We should all tap the brakes on these issues and, especially, leave the commentary on the kids alone.
IMO, this is far from the case. Their concern is for their child only and what will promote him. The school is only a means to an end for them. No loyalty to the institution whatsoever.

Also, I see Ursuline cancelled the Freshman game for last night, the second year in a row. Do they even have a ninth grade team?

Last edited by SeeYaSometime; 10-27-17 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-27-17, 12:29 PM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
IMO, this is far from the case. Their concern is for their child only and what will promote him. The school is only a means to an end for them. No loyalty to the institution whatsoever.

Also, I see Ursuline cancelled the Freshman game for last night, the second year in a row. Do they even have a ninth grade team?
They also cancelled the JV game..... Looks like no change at the QB spot
Old 10-27-17, 03:22 PM
All American

CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't remember our Lady of the Elms record this year........
Old 10-27-17, 09:54 PM
All World

The Irish defense came to play tonight. They had two pick 6s and another INT to the red zone. They had 4-5 INTs on the night and a timely fumble recovery.

The coaches gave the young QB a huge vote of confidence tonight. He started and they stuck with him. He a few bad series, but thru 3 quarters he had no INTs. The OL is still suspect. The RB really had to fight for yards aside from his 60 yd (?) scamper for a TD. He did finish with 192 yds rushing.

With Ursuline being D5 now and having -.500 seasons, is it worth it continuing the series? They cancelled the JV game tomorrow and stiffed the Freshman team for the second straight year. They are joining the ncl next season, so they may not need the SVSM game for their ooc schedule.
Old 10-30-17, 09:19 AM
All American

Quote:

My point (which was rather inarticulately made!) is that the family will choose what is best for their child over what is best for the school just about every time; and we shouldn't be surprised by that. Also, I tend to disagree with your assertion about lack of loyalty. There are certainly a sufficient number of mercenaries out there, but IMO they are still in the minority.
Old 10-30-17, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post
About .500 as I recall. Unlike past years, their lines were a little undersized. It really hurt their power running game.
Old 10-30-17, 09:31 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post
I'm pretty sure they beat Walsh.
Old 10-30-17, 10:55 AM
All American

CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Good Stuff

Good Luck Irish!!
Old 10-30-17, 11:50 AM
All World

Quote:
My point (which was rather inarticulately made!) is that the family will choose what is best for their child over what is best for the school just about every time; and we shouldn't be surprised by that. Also, I tend to disagree with your assertion about lack of loyalty. There are certainly a sufficient number of mercenaries out there, but IMO they are still in the minority.
We can agree to disagree on that point. 👍🏼
Old 10-30-17, 12:47 PM
Varsity

tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Good luck Irish from a Tiger fan. Your back up quarter back made the difference in the Massillon game. I talked to this kids dad during the game and congratulated him on his sons performance after coming in cold off of the bench. This kid should be something to watch in the playoffs and next season.
Old 10-31-17, 08:13 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Good luck Irish from a Tiger fan. Your back up quarter back made the difference in the Massillon game. I talked to this kids dad during the game and congratulated him on his sons performance after coming in cold off of the bench. This kid should be something to watch in the playoffs and next season.
I'm pretty sure they went back to the starter tiger1.
Old 11-02-17, 01:37 PM
All World

Is the playing surface at Woodridge turf or grass? If it's the latter will they leave it high? Although SVSM doesn't have as much speed as past years, so it may not make much of a difference.
Old 11-02-17, 03:49 PM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is the playing surface at Woodridge turf or grass? If it's the latter will they leave it high? Although SVSM doesn't have as much speed as past years, so it may not make much of a difference.
When you are the 8th seed, your going to need everything to go your way just to get out of the first round. Sorry but I think this will be the end of the road on St. Vís season.
Old 11-02-17, 04:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbica001 View Post
When you are the 8th seed, your going to need everything to go your way just to get out of the first round. Sorry but I think this will be the end of the road on St. Vís season.
What makes you think St. V is the 8th seed, Sparky!?!
Old 11-02-17, 05:09 PM
All World

Quote:
What makes you think St. V is the 8th seed, Sparky!?!
HA HA! Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Old 11-02-17, 05:16 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
St V will beat Woodridge by 20+. Grass or turf. I would not be surprised to see them win the region.
Old 11-02-17, 05:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
St V will beat Woodridge by 20+. Grass or turf. I would not be surprised to see them win the region.
Thanks, Cougar! I see Hoban winning their Region as well! Although I would love to see Hoban-Barberton match up in the Regional Final. The Magic are TOUGH and talented. That would be a great match up.