Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 10-24-17, 01:56 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 750
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I am using restraint!!!
Lol..well done
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 10-24-17, 05:11 PM
ksu315 ksu315 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-19-16
Posts: 38
ksu315 is on a distinguished road
Ok I'll stay off criticizing family. My bad. But let me be clear I think the kid is very talented. Hope he stays at stvm. He's college level player if developed properly Played very well first half vs Hoban but hoban adjusted or stvm didn't and 2nd half was rough.

Have never recruited for hoban. Actually think all 4 catholic schools are good and so is stow and many publics. Kids should pick where they feel right academically and athletically.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 10-24-17, 06:28 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 750
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu315 View Post
Ok I'll stay off criticizing family. My bad. But let me be clear I think the kid is very talented. Hope he stays at stvm. He's college level player if developed properly Played very well first half vs Hoban but hoban adjusted or stvm didn't and 2nd half was rough.

Have never recruited for hoban. Actually think all 4 catholic schools are good and so is stow and many publics. Kids should pick where they feel right academically and athletically.
CVCA isn’t Catholic...

Thank you for backing up my statement you are a nimrod.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 10-24-17, 07:22 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,372
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
CVCA isnít Catholic...

Thank you for backing up my statement you are a nimrod.
SVSM+Hoban+Walsh+Our Lady of the Elms= Four (4)
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 10-24-17, 07:31 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 750
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
SVSM+Hoban+Walsh+Our Lady of the Elms= Four (4)
Hmmm..you might of bailed him out on that one. Iím pretty sure he was referring to CVCA as a catholic school.

Thatís ok, I want to hear his comment about me being under investigation for soliciting a minor
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 10-24-17, 08:56 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,372
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Hmmm..you might of bailed him out on that one. Iím pretty sure he was referring to CVCA as a catholic school.

Thatís ok, I want to hear his comment about me being under investigation for soliciting a minor
Make sure to bring that up another 2 or 3 times to plant the seed. I'm on here as much as anyone (regretfully right now), and I'd never seen that allegation.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 10-24-17, 08:59 PM
DB 04 DB 04 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-09-15
Posts: 750
DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Make sure to bring that up another 2 or 3 times to plant the seed. I'm on here as much as anyone (regretfully right now), and I'd never seen that allegation.
That’s because it was deleted fast.

I’d be out of my job so fast if that was true or if I was under investigation.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 10-24-17, 09:04 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,372
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Thatís because it was deleted fast.
St. Vincent- St. Mary Football 2017 is the topic.

If you guys would like me to start a topic about Yappi poster relationship dysfunction and crazy allegations so you can go off and have at it, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 10-24-17, 09:43 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary Football 2017 is the topic.

If you guys would like me to start a topic about Yappi poster relationship dysfunction and crazy allegations so you can go off and have at it, let me know.
You know, since this is a STVM thread, for a refreshing change, I would like to hear DB and Cougar discuss the relative pluses and minuses of the state of Hoban football. They have been silent on the topic for far too long!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 10-25-17, 05:44 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 671
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
You know, since this is a STVM thread, for a refreshing change, I would like to hear DB and Cougar discuss the relative pluses and minuses of the state of Hoban football. They have been silent on the topic for far too long!
I continue to use restraint. I congratulate St V on a huge win that will go a long way towards a potential regional final and championship. The QB position will work itself out. I wish the best for the QB as I know him personally and he is a very good kid who wants to win. All parents are over the top for the most part when it comes to their kids including me. St V rolls Ursuline by 20.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 10-25-17, 09:12 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
Perhaps the family who moved their son from St. V to Hoban to play basketball feel that it is "the best fit & opportunity for their son", yet you can't contain your criticisms.
And the Hoban crowd remained so supportive of the young man who transferred to St. V to play football!!! Look, in my estimation, in 99% of these transfer cases the families WANT to do what is best for the school, but they HAVE to do what they deem best for their child. And I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Whether you want your child to go somewhere where he may play a little more because HS will likely be the end of his organized athletic career; or whether you want your child to go somewhere where he can get more exposure to help him play at the next level (whether D1, D2 or D3), I feel I am in no position to make a value judgment over what a family decides to do. We should all tap the brakes on these issues and, especially, leave the commentary on the kids alone.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 10-27-17, 09:35 AM
PRICELESS PRICELESS is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-12-09
Posts: 352
PRICELESS is on a distinguished road
Priceless takes

So St. V went to the back up QB and he came in and beat Massillon. Hmm I think I have been saying they need to make a change. Hopefully they will stick with the new QB. Word on the street is the old QB told the coaches he is moving on and not back to his home town team.

UR:banana :
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 10-27-17, 10:51 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRICELESS View Post
So St. V went to the back up QB and he came in and beat Massillon. Hmm I think I have been saying they need to make a change. Hopefully they will stick with the new QB. Word on the street is the old QB told the coaches he is moving on and not back to his home town team.

UR:banana :
Moving on where?
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 10-27-17, 10:57 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
And the Hoban crowd remained so supportive of the young man who transferred to St. V to play football!!! Look, in my estimation,in 99% of these transfer cases the families WANT to do what is best for the school, but they HAVE to do what they deem best for their child. And I have absolutely no problem with any of it. Whether you want your child to go somewhere where he may play a little more because HS will likely be the end of his organized athletic career; or whether you want your child to go somewhere where he can get more exposure to help him play at the next level (whether D1, D2 or D3), I feel I am in no position to make a value judgment over what a family decides to do. We should all tap the brakes on these issues and, especially, leave the commentary on the kids alone.
IMO, this is far from the case. Their concern is for their child only and what will promote him. The school is only a means to an end for them. No loyalty to the institution whatsoever.


Also, I see Ursuline cancelled the Freshman game for last night, the second year in a row. Do they even have a ninth grade team?

Last edited by SeeYaSometime; 10-27-17 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 10-27-17, 12:29 PM
Big09 Big09 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-29-14
Posts: 120
Big09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
IMO, this is far from the case. Their concern is for their child only and what will promote him. The school is only a means to an end for them. No loyalty to the institution whatsoever.


Also, I see Ursuline cancelled the Freshman game for last night, the second year in a row. Do they even have a ninth grade team?
They also cancelled the JV game..... Looks like no change at the QB spot
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 10-27-17, 03:22 PM
CARDINAL CARDINAL is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-19-04
Posts: 2,175
CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
SVSM+Hoban+Walsh+Our Lady of the Elms= Four (4)
I don't remember our Lady of the Elms record this year........
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 10-27-17, 09:54 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
The Irish defense came to play tonight. They had two pick 6s and another INT to the red zone. They had 4-5 INTs on the night and a timely fumble recovery.

The coaches gave the young QB a huge vote of confidence tonight. He started and they stuck with him. He a few bad series, but thru 3 quarters he had no INTs. The OL is still suspect. The RB really had to fight for yards aside from his 60 yd (?) scamper for a TD. He did finish with 192 yds rushing.

With Ursuline being D5 now and having -.500 seasons, is it worth it continuing the series? They cancelled the JV game tomorrow and stiffed the Freshman team for the second straight year. They are joining the ncl next season, so they may not need the SVSM game for their ooc schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 10-30-17, 09:19 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
IMO, this is far from the case. Their concern is for their child only and what will promote him. The school is only a means to an end for them. No loyalty to the institution whatsoever.


Also, I see Ursuline cancelled the Freshman game for last night, the second year in a row. Do they even have a ninth grade team?
My point (which was rather inarticulately made!) is that the family will choose what is best for their child over what is best for the school just about every time; and we shouldn't be surprised by that. Also, I tend to disagree with your assertion about lack of loyalty. There are certainly a sufficient number of mercenaries out there, but IMO they are still in the minority.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 10-30-17, 09:28 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,372
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post
I don't remember our Lady of the Elms record this year........
About .500 as I recall. Unlike past years, their lines were a little undersized. It really hurt their power running game.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 10-30-17, 09:31 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL View Post
I don't remember our Lady of the Elms record this year........
I'm pretty sure they beat Walsh.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 10-30-17, 10:55 AM
CARDINAL CARDINAL is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-19-04
Posts: 2,175
CARDINAL is on a distinguished road
Good Stuff

Good Luck Irish!!
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 10-30-17, 11:50 AM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
My point (which was rather inarticulately made!) is that the family will choose what is best for their child over what is best for the school just about every time; and we shouldn't be surprised by that. Also, I tend to disagree with your assertion about lack of loyalty. There are certainly a sufficient number of mercenaries out there, but IMO they are still in the minority.
We can agree to disagree on that point. 👍🏼
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 10-30-17, 12:47 PM
tiger1 tiger1 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-16-09
Location: Dover Ohio
Posts: 67
tiger1 is on a distinguished road
Good luck Irish from a Tiger fan. Your back up quarter back made the difference in the Massillon game. I talked to this kids dad during the game and congratulated him on his sons performance after coming in cold off of the bench. This kid should be something to watch in the playoffs and next season.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 10-31-17, 08:13 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,372
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1 View Post
Good luck Irish from a Tiger fan. Your back up quarter back made the difference in the Massillon game. I talked to this kids dad during the game and congratulated him on his sons performance after coming in cold off of the bench. This kid should be something to watch in the playoffs and next season.
I'm pretty sure they went back to the starter tiger1.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 11-02-17, 01:37 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Is the playing surface at Woodridge turf or grass? If it's the latter will they leave it high? Although SVSM doesn't have as much speed as past years, so it may not make much of a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 11-02-17, 03:49 PM
jbica001 jbica001 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-10
Location: Barberton/Portage Lakes
Posts: 1,158
jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Is the playing surface at Woodridge turf or grass? If it's the latter will they leave it high? Although SVSM doesn't have as much speed as past years, so it may not make much of a difference.
When you are the 8th seed, your going to need everything to go your way just to get out of the first round. Sorry but I think this will be the end of the road on St. Vís season.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11-02-17, 04:58 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbica001 View Post
When you are the 8th seed, your going to need everything to go your way just to get out of the first round. Sorry but I think this will be the end of the road on St. Vís season.
What makes you think St. V is the 8th seed, Sparky!?!
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 11-02-17, 05:09 PM
SeeYaSometime SeeYaSometime is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Posts: 3,711
SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
What makes you think St. V is the 8th seed, Sparky!?!
HA HA! Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 11-02-17, 05:16 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 671
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
St V will beat Woodridge by 20+. Grass or turf. I would not be surprised to see them win the region.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 11-02-17, 05:26 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,840
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
St V will beat Woodridge by 20+. Grass or turf. I would not be surprised to see them win the region.
Thanks, Cougar! I see Hoban winning their Region as well! Although I would love to see Hoban-Barberton match up in the Regional Final. The Magic are TOUGH and talented. That would be a great match up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Archives 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division VI Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division VII Schedules EagleFan Archives 25 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz